Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[IC] =Epine de Rose's Teepee= (Paramekia) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:08 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part one...

"Continued."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Horne, yer off key." Nono smacked his head again with a wing and ceased his singing as he looked critically at his companion. In response, the little bird began to twitter incoherently and shook a wing threateningly. Off key? Birds couldn't be off key and it was clear this little one was simply the subject of a great deal of insults today - a bloody MAGNET.

"I am not!" Horne snapped, clipping his beak together as he hopped across the ferns and took refuge on the stallion's back. "Azu can vouch for me!" He continued, bouncing repeatedly until the male opened up his eyes once more and glanced at the bird on his back critically. "Azu, he says I cannae sing! 'e says I'm off key!" Puffing up his little chest the bird strutted towards the stallion's braided mane and gave it a light tug.

"Neither of you are off key." The stallion released a sigh and stretched out his neck, crunching a few bones in the process. It was a welcomed gesture and he savoured the moment as the tension lifted. "However," He interrupted the pair before they had even began to argue again and cast a side long glance towards the mare.

"She is." He finished and lowered his head once more.

The birds exchanged glances.

And again.

"Awk, then we'll give 'er singin' listens, right Nono?" Horne began to hop across the ferns towards the young mare again and clipped his beak, perching precariously over the basket as he eyed her mane - "Ye got hair near s'long as Azu's...I could make a nest innat!" He mused, shaking his head to bring himself back on topic.

"First!" Nono hopped down and joined his companion, "Scales!"

`Swirly
"Oh.. oh my.." The little birds were in her hair or at least close enough to feel like they were. One sat on the basket and stared up at her most indignantly. So she couldn't sing, well why was that? Were there other Soquilis that could sing beautifully and she was just the oddball out? Probably. Usually she managed to feel a day late and a dollar short. Although the question was what in the heck was a dollar? Silly two-legged monstrocities and their word choices.

The stallion had said that she was off-key. His own voice was soothing to her ears although it had a rough edge to it. Did he not talk to anybody that often? Boy was it weird to be out on your own and trying to fend for yourself.

"What makes you say I'm off key?" She stammered with a bit of mock crankiness.

Lovey lipped at the basket and "accidently" fluffed and displaced of the little birds, "oopsie." She's never actually spoken to birds before so it was a bit of an experiance, "So what type of birds are you?"

She was hoping that if she distracted the two and let them build up their egos they wouldn't want to make her sing. Carrying a tune wasn't her forte.. but being mocked by a stallion and his companions would be worse. Surely all three would laugh.

Paramekia Darkheart
"For the simple reason that you are off key." The stallion responded silkily, failing to look up as he swivelled his ears round. He seemed perfectly content to lie on his fern patch and drift into his own world again - but as usual, something was forbidding him from doing so. He supposed he really shouldn't have been surprised, after all, Moppet had said that other ordinary Soquili were significantly more sociable.

...Strange how this one hadn't screeched at him yet.

"Jes' a lil..." Nono tried to tone down the stallion's criticisms and cast a side long glance at him. It was only when Horne was once again 'attacked' by the poor mare that he began to giggle hysterically. It really was not his day at all was it! Even so, Horne took it in his stride and with a flutter of his tiny wings he once again perched on a fern nearby and puffed up his chest. Clearly, neither of the pair really needed any more of an ego boost.

"And whaddya mean 'what type' are we?" The pair seemed rather confused and with a grunt Azumoth lifted his head to cast a rather unimpressed glance towards them. "Is a perfectly reasonable question!" Nono squeaked, wiggling his rump and fluffing his feathers under the stallion's scrutiny.

"Surely you would know that you are both blue tits." Azumoth leant his head towards the pair and gave a snort, once again unseating them. They were quick enough to respond and find ferns on either side of his head.

"Oooh...ye mean what kind are we." Horne mused, Azumoth pulling a face at his play on words.

"Yeah! See we knew that one!" Nono cooed before shaking his head and eyeing Lovey, "Back on topic - scales! Repeat after Horne..."

"ahh, ah, Ah, AH, Ah, ah, ahh..." The little bird sang, seeming to stand on the tips of his talons for the highest notes.

`Swirly
Lovey blushed, it felt like the purple left in her pelt had all turned red and the white was left in the .. red too. "Oh dear.. Uhm.. I don't really think I can sing scales." She nipped at her own lower lip contemplating how to avoid singing for them. The basket had been on her mind, and she figured a lullaby would probably set it at ease as the going ons in the outside world was nothing but a blur of voice and rattlings.

Now she was going to have to sing for them?

Now her mind had to think quickly, the two little birds were just that - birds. Not to be insulting, but weren't birds weren't supposedly that bright? They were sweet little things and insulting them wasn't on the top of her to-do list. Her bright green eyes looked pleadingly over to the stallion. In all honesty should couldn't remember even having heard his name..

"Uhm.. blue tits? I've never heard of birds like that." She looked at both of them, feeding their ego in another attempt to distract them from her voice, "Both of you have such lovely feathers.. plumage isn't it.?"

"You seem to move the poor little birds often enough.. Do you ever accidently bash into one?" Her curiosity was piqued and anything was better than humiliation.

"Ahh.. uhm.. I don't think I can do that.." She blushed again, "I really can't ah.. uhm.. but you both do well enough.. what if I just don't sing anymore?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"If I 'bashed' in to either of the pair they would be dead by now." Azumoth's tone was flat and non-committal. He appeared unimpressed by her ridiculous question given his size and the size of the birds - it was only simple logic that he would kill them with a misjudged movement. Alas, he was not one to question the female mind (it was worse than his own) and following his comment he fell silent again. All in all, this stallion was perfectly happy to allow the twins to entertain his 'guest'.

"Awk, Azu - ye never hurts us!" With a few bounces Nono made short work of the distance between the pair and gently pecked at the stallion's ear. He gave a small squeak though as it twitched and rapidly beat his wings until he was perched on the male's horn instead.

"Aye, harmless as a kitten." Horne added. Neither seemed to recognise the irony in their words, nor did they see Azumoth's eyebrow shoot up like a bullet.

"Now, dun get us distracted missy - everyone can do scales if they put their mind to it." Nono, puffed up his chest again and grinned. "Even Azu here can sing 'em and that be sayin' somethin' cause 'e dun talk much as it is!" Nono continued, bouncing atop the horn - luckily it didn't bother the stallion in the slightest.

"If'in we gets 'im te sing, will ye?" Horne looked thoughtful as he eyed the stallion and then the mare. Secretly, Horne thought that he would rather like to see the mare's reaction to Azu's voice - if she didn't gawk then this bird would personally eat his own tail feathers!

"I am not singing." Azumoth grimaced.

`Swirly
It was like being swallowed up into a big ole hole. Lovey had decided that oh.. roughly a minute ago when she realized that come hell or high water they were going to do their best to prove that not everybody could sing. "Horne.. Nono.. Come on now.. Azu doesn't want to sing and I certainly can't see.. Wouldn't it be more productive to talk about something else?" Oi.. She sounded like a mix between a pleading doormat and or a pansy, "I won't sing.. I'd rather act a petulant child."

His tone made her bristle, the dumb stallion was acting more and more like that other b*****d that had taken something rather important to her. If the little baby laying next to her didn't need her so much she probably would have told him where to go and what to do when he got there.

Hell.. She'dve told him the fastest way to get there. After all, what other hell could she go to that was worse than the one she had lived in for that short time.

"I'm going to keep telling you two over and over again that not only can I not sing.. I can't even do the scales that go with it!" Her lips pursed tightly thinking of the vague flashbacks of her.. lackluster.. childhood, "I've had a teacher for singing before.. I think she turned my pelt black before she finally deemed I was worth more for growing-hair than music."

It was a small admission, but hopefully enough to make it stop. She'd love to learn from the little birds as they didn't seem to mean any harm... Stupid stallion. Stupid past.

"I am not singing." Now where had she heard that before?

Paramekia Darkheart
"Pfft." Was Nono's response to her refusal.

"Pfft." Horne echoed, both coming to sit by one another as they eyed the unlikely pair of soquili. Neither seemed prepare to take 'no' for an answer, especially when it came to a certain male. Thus, it was no surprise that after a few moments the birds began to converse very quietly, their voices scarcely audible but just enough to make the stallion crane his neck subtly.

...He had a right to be suspicious, they were up to something.

Although that didn't help him in hearing them.

"WE have decided." Horne announced at last, puffing up his chest as he eyed Azumoth. The stallion seemed to make an internal groan and raised his eyes heavenwards. "WE are going to prove that you can sing, we are going to prove that everyone can sing -" He bounced across the ferns and perched precariously on Azu's muzzle.

"By showing you that even a froggy voiced boy can sing too!" Horne cooed.

"I beg your pardon?" Azumoth's tone was somewhat incredulous at their insult. He may not have talked much but he did not have a froggy voice! Unsurprisingly, the pair blatantly ignored him.

"We shall do this by demonstrating that even he can sing his scales and if he does not -" Again Nono spoke.

"We shall inform Moppet that he insulted her braids, her flower arranging and her grove-keeping. Following this, we shall commence ear twisting, tugging AND -" The pair eyed the stallion, there eyes glittering with a sense of unspoken victory (and deep down he knew it as well).

"We'll wake him up three hours before usual!" They chirped in unison and this did make him groan. Clearly he could cope with the other tortures and threats but the risk of being woken up three hours before dawn caused him to cave in relatively quickly.

"Only once." He muttered irritably, flashing a glare towards the two gleeful birds.

"Ooooh of course." Nono reassured him and gave his muzzle a quick peck, "Only once, only once!" He repeated as he joined his brother's side again and giggled.

Azumoth decided then and there he hated birds.

Still, after a few minutes he did take a small breath and released it once more with startling results. His voice didn't croak, it didn't waver or break and instead the scales (although deeper than the birds) drifted across the small grove with little to know effort. Indeed, the voice was that of a well practised artist but the lack of volume in the notes indicated that he didn't care in the slightest for the quality of his performance.

He was not a performing monkey and he would stand by that.

"Now you!" Both brothers clapped with their talons and turned their gazes towards Lovey. If a mutant could sing then she could too (or at least that was how their minds worked)!

`Swirly
"What does pfft. mean?"

That was the question Lovey was asking herself over and over and over again while the two little birds were sitting side by side and seemed to be.. scheming? My it was quite amazing what two lovely little song birds could do when they set their mind to something. It was almost terrifying... Maybe singing for the duo wouldn't be overly awful? No.. Bad Lovey! Stick to your guns and they'll give up.. or you'll eat them.

She only hoped they were after Azu and not her.

Luck usually wasn't on her side when she needed it.

Her head flicked back and forth ever so slightly during their bantering and when they moved over to the stallion. Their little chests were puffed up like they were little martyrs... "Who's Moppet?" She had listened to the bickering going back and forth between the two as best she could, and had listened to their announcement but that didn't clear much up.

Canting her head to the side slighlty she waited for the stallion to sing. It was obvious they weren't paying much attention to her and were much much more interested in seeing if their threats would work.

His voice shocked it. Deep and soft.. but it hinted at a hidden power... What does one say when something beautiful has been done. Too bad Lovey disliked stallions. "That was lovely.. but I don't see what it has to do with me."

She didn't want to snap his pride in two after all.. If she could even do that much.

"I'm still not singing."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Oh yes ye are." The birds eyed Lovey critically and shook their heads. For one, it was grossly unfair of them to humiliate their friend (who seemed to have returned to dozing) if she wasn't going to return the favour. You see, the problem with the twins was that the simply didn't grasp when someone didn't like someone else - or rather, held a dislike towards them. Well, unless it was Azu in which case they knew he hated pretty much everything that interrupted his reverie.

Nothing out of the ordinary there.

"Ye have to!" Horne bounced towards Lovey and made himself comfortable on the basket, cooing slightly at the warmth of the flames. Apparently Azumoth's grove was suitable for younglings...they would have to tell Moppet that she was right after all!

"Yep, ye do." Nono bopped across the ferns and mimicked his brothers movements until both were huddled on the basket as though it were a nest. "Ye cannae jes' make Azu sing then 'spect te get off scot free!" They shook their heads and noted that his ears swivelled at the mention of his name - so he wasn't asleep after all.

"'Sides, if 'e reckons yer really bad 'e might sing over ye so we cannae hear it, Aye!"

"AYE!" Nono appeared enthusiastic at Horne's point. If there was one thing they knew, it was that Azumoth wouldn't say anything or anyone was horrendous, he would simply 'overshadow' them to make their 'weak' points seem less so.

If the mare proved completely tone death, she may find that he would sing to the point that she sounded good.

"So ye gotsa sing, k?"

"Mhm, mhm!" Nono nodded at this.

`Swirly
"Oooh! You stubborn little... tits!" She didn't really know what to call them, and name calling wasn't very nice either.. So that was all that came into her mind. "I will sing one set of your.. scale-things and after that you have to promise me you won't make me sing again!" Lordy, she had caved in like a warm stick of butter or some other weird comparison.

Damnit they had pinned her.

"Oh goody.. I'm rather pleased to know that when I tell the truth and send both of you howling for something to hide your ears that stallion over there will add to the caterwauling and make it oh-so-much louder.. Then while we're at it why not just tie a few pieces of tin to me so I can rattle over my voice!"

My oh my but she was in a mood..

Lovey took a deep breathe, filling her lungs with as much air as she knew how to. Trying to make the lessons from way back when stick into her mind. Keep your nose closed off. Sing from the heart not the nose... All that sort of thing..

Letting out a few soft notes, "Ah, ah, ah, AHH, Ahh, Ah, Ahhh." Each of them building up in their pitch. Her mind focused on each note like she had never tried before, forcing the air out slowly, hoping she was keeping at least a sort of leash on it. A soft gentle pitch at that. She had never sung in tune and it was an odd feeling to realize it didn't sound bad.

Of course, she didn't think it was in-tune.. It just wasn't as bad as she had been expecting it to be. Now it was time for the two little birds to burst into laughter or for the stallion to laugh. So help her god if he made one wise-a** crack about her voice she'd tear him up and feed him to her baby. What a loving idea...

"Well.. there I can't sing and you've heard it."

Paramekia Darkheart
Not a peep, the birds were completely silent as she ranted, raved and then sang. They seemed to be rather satisfied with her attempt and after a few moments they exchanged glances. The silence was enough to convince the stallion to look round again, raising a brow at their inability to comment on her performance. To say it was refreshing would have been an understatement as he had never seem them simply exchange glances before.

Or were they waiting for him to speak?

Probably.

Releasing a grunt the stallion swivelled his head round until his amber eyes were fixed on the mare. All in all she looked genuinely uncomfortable and at that moment he had a rather overwhelming suspicion that she was not as confident as she presented herself - actually, given her age he wouldn't be surprised at that.

"Whoever told you that you could not sing should have been lashed repeatedly. They have sorely misjudged you." He offered at last, raising a brow higher as both birds positively beamed at him.

"Couldn't 'ave said it better meself." Horne agreed.

"AYE!"

`Swirly
.. great.. I can sing five or six notes in tune. Now I'll have to hope they'll not try for a song or melody or something. With a quick huff Lovey rested her head on the top of the basket, nuzzling it slightly. "Err.. thanks?" It was kinda hard to know what to say.. Did it take rage to make her sing or had she been too young?

Bah, it was over now and she could go back to her oblivion.

Right?

That Azumoth certainly needed an attitude adjustment, or he was the reincarnation of the original Sloth sin. Lazy as sin or off in his own world for all of time. What exactly could he do in his mind to stay occupied? No.. No you don't want to know...

Her mind raged at itself, flipping back and forth as she thought of the last stallion that she had tried to understand. "Oh.. I'm glad I did better than awful.. but I think I'll leave the singing to you and Nono.."

Oh lord.. Do birds take hints?

Pfft. As they would say.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Pfft!" They said it again and with a grunt Nono proceeded to peck at Azumoth's nose repeatedly. It was merely to gain his attention but given the fact that Azumoth was already looking up, it didn't really help matters. Rather, it only saved to agitate the already disgruntled hermit. There really were times when he would have appreciated it if Moppet had jammed the pair of birds into a random tree trunk - just to give himself some peace and quiet for all of ten seconds.

"Dinnae be silly!" Horne puffed up his own little chest and smiled, a peculiar expression on one who had to lift up the corners of their beak. How he did this, would be anyone's guess. "Yer not awful, yer voice is jes untrained - practice makes perfect and I reckon yer jes about primed fer it!" Wiggling his tiny rump the bird settled himself on the basket again.

"Ja!" Nono turned round again as Azumoth unseated the tiny critter with a loud snort and giggled, "Few more scales and ye'll be all warmed up, then we can try a song aye?" His eyes twinkling he thrust a wing out to point to Azumoth who seemed to have regained control of his emotions and now had an unreadable expression.

"Azu will sing too, 'e gots a crackin' voice when 'e gets goin!" Neither bird seemed to consult the stallion, a trend that should have been rather noticeable by now and continued on. "'E'll practice 'is scales te and then ye can do a duet - it be fuuun!"

"Ain't that right Azu?" Horne mused.

"Indeed." But the tone sounded somewhat flat and unamused.

`Swirly
"Oh dear lord.." Lovey realized that if the raind didn't let up soon she was going to do one of two things. One was develop a twitch to control her temper and the other was to go completely wild and eat both of the little birds. She'd bet her hair that the stallion off in the corner would protect them before she could eat them. A twitch was the way to go, eh?

"I'm not being silly!" Grumbling up at the little birds, her voice had managed not to break, crack, or screech, that didn't mean she was now ready to sing more or put on a show. ... The bird certainly had an uncanny nack for smiling. Weren't birds beaks hardened?

"Why don't you two do your scales and you two can do a duet? I'm sure that Azu doesn't want to sing..." She looked over at him as pleadingly as she could degrade herself to, "and I know I'm really really very much not in the mood to sing right now."

"Augh."

During all of this commotion Lovey hadn't had time to focus on her little basket.. It was burning brighter and harder than she had ever seen it. The music certainly appealed to it.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Azu looks like he dinnae want to sing, but 'e does!" Horne tutted and bounced about on the basket. Apparently both birds had a surprising amount of energy and neither ever seemed to take no for an answer. Perhaps it was due to growing up in such a sheltered and safe lifestyle but death glares completely evaded them. An 'I hate you' glare often appeared to translate as, 'try harder' to the pair of blue tits.

...Rather adorable to a by stander but probably one of the most irritating things in the world to the person subjected to their attentions.

"Ye - OOOH!" Nono's eyes had grown wide as he fixed them on the basket. Given the warmth of the grove and the apparent commotion the birds had been creating he was rather fascinated by its reaction. He'd never seen a baby basket like this before, he'd never seen one glow either but this one... With a squeal the bird began to bounce between Azu's glowing chest and the glowing basket, trying to discern which was the shiniest and brightest.

"We gotta makes more noise Horne!" He squealed, pointing a feathery wing at both the basket and then Azu's chest. "It's all twinkly!"

"Wonder 'ow bright it goes." Horne looked down at his own tiny talons and the basket below it.

"Think it was the singin'?"

"Aye!"

Both birds turned their attentions to the stallion. Granted they couldn't force the mare to sing but maybe if they made grumpy guts sing she might lighten up. They couldn't possibly comprehend that she didn't like males, they just thought she had a little bit of a bee in her bonnet - a bit like Azu when he was woken up in the morning by Moppet.

"Am I to assume -?"

"Yes." Both birds replied in unison, exchanging glances as the stallion afforded a rare smile on behalf of their antics.

"And what if you dislike the song?" He continued, but both gave an unusual feathery shrug and perched on the basket expectantly. Not one to disappoint the stallion unwinded his long limbs and pulled himself to his feet. A few stretches later and he seemed to be ready - or rather he was ready enough to clear his throat.

"Jes' sing!" Nono chirped impatiently and much to his delight the stallion did - although it wasn't quite the song that the bird had anticipated. Nor did either bird recognise it as anything they had taught him.

"Here we are, so far from where we started,
From another time, so long ago;
Will we ever know,
What things turned that night
What things burned that night
How too long, by the shore..?"

"Horne, we're not by the shore..." Nono whispered, receiving a swift smack to the head.

"Tears of blood,
Wherever we must stay,
Tears of blood,
To live and long another day,
Tears of blood,
No matter what they say.

When you roll;
All over our homes, took our beauty.
When you roll;
All over our hearts and our souls.
When you roll;
All over our land, took our freedom
It was war!"

"Shhh!" Before Nono could even speak again Horne was already smacking him across the head, his little eyes widening at the strength of the stallion's voice. The tall creature hadn't even warmed up his voice (save the few scales) and still had a knack for possessing that rare quality - enough to drive a few curious critters from their trees to have a look.

Even has his voice grew louder, Nono was already watching the vastly increasing number of eyes in the trees.

"Tears of blood,
Wherever we must stay.
Tears of blood,
To live and long another day.
Tears of blood;
No matter what they say.

When you roll;
All over our land, took our freedom.
When you roll;
All over our hearts and our souls.
It was war!"

And as his voice drifted away once more into the rain a small 'crash' could be heard far off along with a rather familiar yell. Not one that Lovey would have recognised but the trio did know that a certain Raccoon had returned from her 'raid' of another unfortunate teepee and had no doubt dropped something she had been inclined towards.

Given the crash, Azumoth assumed it was a ceramic.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:12 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part one...

"Continued."

`Swirly
Lovey was taken aback. One moment the birds had been hopping around chattering about making her sing and the next moment they were practically screeching about shiny and wanting Azu to sing. The little one that was tucked up around her belly was getting a lot hotter than she was accusomted to. The little one inside was alive she assumed. If the fire on the outside was burning bright than the fire on the inside should be going twice as hot and hard. Good things came in the most bizarre way.

Then the singing had started.

The stallion had hemmed and haw'd to the point where she had wanted to yawn and let him know his little show wasn't going to do anything to impress her.

But that song had been..

Well... amazing?

She had never heard it before, the song was deep and well she wasn't overly sure of what to call it. His voice made part of her ache, and wish she hadn't been ruined of stallions. She wanted to train her voice with the little birds and didn't particularly care to be around HIM when she learned.

The shock of her life had been seeing the basket.. wiggle during the song but she had managed to wait until his song ended before her delight took over, "Ohoh! Horne! Nono! The basket moved, he.. she's alive inside!"

There was a song once.. Beautiful and light she had always ached to sing it but her instructor said that was only for those who knew what they were doing, she would sing it now and make the little one learn her voice.

Standing without an ounce of grace, just focusing on not trampling her little one Lovey stood and turned her back to the trio it was time for her song to begin...

Dancing bears,
Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

The words slid out high and breathey... A few notes weren't perfect but the tone and mood made it less noticeable.

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

Lovey continued her song... Pausing for a moment when something crashed outside. What on earth? She gained her composure and continued on with her next verse

Paramekia Darkheart
He wasn't particularly surprised by her automatic response, he had gathered she would blatantly ignore him for the duration of her stay and instead he offered a good natured bow towards his little audience as the mare began to sing - clearly, forcing him to sing had driven something in her to meet the challenge. Although it hadn't be a challenge, the pride in the young mare was evident she wasn't about to let him entertain her little new born.

Although, he couldn't help but feel a slight sense of pride at the response had received. He was used to tiny animals coming to listen but he'd never had something so vulnerable respond to him to fervently before. It almost gave him a sense of purpose and made him curious as to exactly what was inside of it.

Still, he closed his eyes as he heard the ranting creature approaching his grove and stepped slightly back into the shadows to give the mare the limelight she seemed to crave - just as the raccoon toppled onto his back and dusted off her hind legs.

"Ye made me smash me pot, darlin'!" She announced shrilly before clamping her mouth shut. Clambering up the stallion's braids, she opted to perch on his head and watch the mare as she attempted to out sing him - no one could out sing her baby but she was pleased to see someone try. Actually, she was just pleased to see he had a visitor and a girl no less!

"Ye gots a lot of explainin' te do, Baby." She whispered into his ear as he released a grunt.

"Blame the birds." He replied smoothly.

`Swirly
Pandemonium.

Coming to this cave was that. If their was a book with definitions and one were to look up "Pandemonium" There would be a three page long illustration of today. She gave up singing completely, it had taken more than a little bit of courage to sing and the smashing and crashing of the raccoon? that had just entered was enough to throw her off completely. Why had she felt the need to sing? Probably because it had given the little one a raction and she wanted the little one to trust her. If it took singing to make the little one happy and alive then she'd sing til her voice deserted her.

"Oh.. I uhm.. I'm sorry if I made you smash your pot.." Her voice had been that bad. Damn. Even Horne and Nono were silent for a change. The song had had a couple of verses left but with a sigh she hefted herself and laid back down around her baby.

It probably wasn't all that nice to be cranky and over-protective when she had been given help. But since when had she worried over-much about being nice? "I didn't mean to have you.. err..yeah." Her cheks tinted red and she ducked her head away, allowing a flow of hair to hid her face.

Lord how she hated being in a group of people.

Stupid birds.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Awww!" Moppet shook her head and gave a few tisks as she leapt from the stallions head. Disappearing under the ferns it took her a while to reappear, sat firmly atop the basket which the birds had opted to desert on her approach. Instead, the twins now perched on Azumoth's horns again and watched the raccoon with interest.

"Ye dinnae break me lil pot, Azu did with his 'WAAAAAAAAR'!" She mimicked, offering a rather bright smile as she spread her tiny arms wide and sat back on her haunches. She rather liked the heat the basket was emanating but she was also rather interested in the identity of the mystery mare that her baby had taken into his grove. Nevertheless, her mimicked attempt at his voice caused a wave of giggles from the trees and she shot a rather peeved look into the shadows where the various creatures hid.

"Dun ye make me come in there! I sing ye all silly!" She threatened - it was enough to cause the audience to scatter in terror as it was well known in this particular part of the forest that Miss Moppet couldn't sing.

"Aye, glad te see yes know yer place!" Wrapping her tail around her left foot the raccoon then leant back on the basket and gave another bright smile. "Ye gots a lovely voice dear, lil bit on the off side but that be from lack of instruction - aye?" She giggled and looked down at the basket thoughtfully, it looked nothing like the mare and she looked far too young for children.

"Now why dun ye carry on? Yer lil kiddy was enjoyin' it and so was I if I dinnae say so meself!"

"Aye!" The twins chirped in unison while the stallion refrained from responding.

`Swirly
The little raccoon was lovely. In her own over-protective and motherly way? Yes, that was it she seemed to be very motherly in a "Pick up your dirty clothes" nagging sort of way. Well, not everybody could be completely without faults, right? She just stared at the raccoon for a moment before finding her tongue.

"Oh.. well I'm glad I didn't make you smash anything..." She giggled in delight at the singing and managed a true smile for the first time tonight. Lovey hadn't spent time with anyone that was truly motherly so it was almost, overly enjoyable? Even if she was liable to nag pretty soon. "I'm Lovey Dovey, ma'am and you?" The raccoon seemed like a ma'am, but it's probably just make the birds and Azu laugh or.. grunt?

"I didn't think your singing was awful.. Perhaps you can sing something for me sometime.. Right around bedtime, eh?" Her lips took on a mischievious glint, it'd be nice to give the little birds a bit of revenge. "Those two little birds have stressed me enough to make my hair fall out!" For the first time Lovey was talking minus hostility.. It was a relief.

"My voice is better than some and worse than most, I just want my little one to know my voice if he or she ever decides they want to come out to see me!" Lovey laughed a bit self-derisively, "Those three over there are the ones to sing for enjoyment, if you will, ma'am."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Aw, Darlin'..." The little raccoon blushed and shuffled her hind paws in embarrassment. Due to living with three 'men' she wasn't as accustomed to compliments as she used to be. It served her well to receive them once in a while but the response was rather surprising - for one who was so verbal she appeared speechless.

"Mental note." Nono whispered to Horne.

"Aye?"

"Tell Moppet she's pretty to keep her quiet."

"Aye, aye!" Horne nodded enthusiastically but continued to watch the interaction between the raccoon and the mare. So Lovey did have a soft side (and a name) and it had only taken another girl to get her to come a little out of her shell. The twins joined in a mental 'ooh' of realisation - if they had known they would have sent for Moppet already. Granted they would have blown her cover but still...

"Aw Lassy, Me name's Moppet. Ye dinnae need to call me ma'am around here!" She tapped her own little black nose and then waved a paw towards the stallion and the twins on his horns. "And these be me boys - tha' big one be Azumoth (me eldest), and the two feather-butts be me youngest...They me Horne and Nono." She introduced her own little family and smiled proudly, completely unaware that they had already been introduced in some way or another.

"An' it wouldna be a surprise if they be forcin' ye te sing." Moppet placed her little paws on her hips and eyed the two birds critically. Azumoth seemed to have dodged her scrutiny but in her eyes, her eldest could do no wrong...especially when he had helped another in need. "But in all fairness ye gots a lovely voice, I have one that makes everyone weep and say -" She took a big breath and spread her arms wide.

"Stop eet would ye! Ye killin' me 'ere Mops!" She cried, wiggling her ears as her nose gave a twitch.

"Yeeeah - but at least ye can wake Azu out of a deep sleep, aye?" Nono teased.

"Jes as well..." Moppet pointed a tiny paw and wagged a 'finger' so to speak. "If I dinnae do that ye'd never get out of yer bed and go fer a walk. How'd ye two git 'im up this time anyway?"

"Long story short - abandoned baby, aye?" Horne replied.

"Oooh, this lil critter here?" Moppet poked at the basket experimentally and gave a giggle. Granted the basket was bigger than her but that didn't stop her 'marvelling' and cooing like any other mother would over a potential newborn. "But she looks perfectly well cared fer!" The raccoon looked somewhat confused and prodded at the basket again.

"Aye, but it was supa-cold 'fore Azu led 'em both te the grove aye?"

"Yeah, bout ready to croak I should 'spect." Horne gave a twitter as Azu shifted uncomfortably underneath him. It was only as Moppet glanced round and gave a huge smile that he relaxed somewhat.

"I knew me baby wouldna let me down. Ye makes yer momma proud, Azu!" She chimed, giving a little wave as she took a seat on the basket again and looked at Lovey thoughtfully, "So yer not from 'round 'ere, where de ye hail from?"

`Swirly
Lovey managed to grin up at the momma-coon while the coon was busy.. blushing? What a charming little creature. She'd had too many compliments in her lifetime over what she looked like. Anymore it made her bashful to hear that she had had a good idea or something along the lines of that.

"Yes.. You're quite lovely Miss Moppet!"

Lovey giggled at that.. Her human had said some weird rhyme about Miss Muppet or Moppet.. or something and her name had reminded her of that.

Who couldn't warm up to the little raccoon? Although Lovey had an odd feeling she would have to be careful how much information she fed to Moppet, else she'd be on the recieving end of the nagging. It was much more fun to see her tsk and snip at the others. Actually, it made her want to do a bit of a jig around the den. That was an entirely different story though.

"Alright.. Moppet it is... and my full name is Lovey Dovey.." She made a quick face at that and wrinkled her nose up as best she could, "I'd rather just the last part of my name be forgotten. Tis the downside of coming from a place that's infested with rainbows." She grinned for a moment, remembering one of the few good things she could say about her home - the scenery. "I loved to see all the rainbows.. but when the rest isn't as pleasant..." Her voice trailed off for a moment..

"Ho-hum!"

Lovey chuckled lightly, "Yes.. the two of them demanded I sing.. but I've done as much as I'm required to and now I'm just hoping Caelen will be able to find me.. and not find the irresponsible mare that left this little one to die." She frowned a bit and nuzzled around where Moppet was, blowing a noseful of warm air and laughing lightly.

"Stupid mare deserves to die for abandoing it.. and the stallion.." Snorting lightly, "I've yet to meet a stallion I really like save for Caelen." She smiled as best she could, "I had only had my sweet little one for one night.. and I refused to get water before Caelen left. Horne and Nono showed up when I was gone.. I got a tongue lashing for being irresponsible then it started to rain." Her tone had gone cold again and she spoke without much emotion, "And I really don't have a home that I call my own."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Well darlin', leavin' a basket out in the open prolly ain't the best way te care fer it but ye only a baby yeself ye know." Moppet had already guessed the age of the mare and had drawn her own conclusions. It was something that neither of the males would ever understand, women just seemed to have the innate ability to know how something was feeling whether it said or did anything. Moppet always declared they gave off an 'aura' but the trio had yet to see one of these for themselves.

"But wishin' tha' the wee one's parents be dead ain't the most desirable of things." She glanced pointly at the stallion who for the first time, seemed to have developed a rather cold and unforgiving glint. Apparently, despite the 'family' bonds there were some things that they couldn't agree one. "Everyone 'as their wee reasons fer leavin' things behind. I ain't condonin' it, nor would I do it meself but jes' sayin' that sometimes there are underlyin' reasons." Releasing a sigh she gave a small smile, the stallion and 'fwumped' back onto his ferns and seemed reasonably content to lie in silence.

Actually, his entire demeanour had changed as though the topic of conversation left him genuinely uncomfortable. Clearly, something rather similar had happened to him and Moppet's 'devils advocate' approach was only serving to upset him.

"As fer findin' stallions ye like -well let's be frank." Leaning back on the basket the little raccoon arched a brow and shook her head. "With such a frosty front it ain't no surprise ye scarin' off the good ones. The polite boys all know when ye dinnae want attention so they stays away. S'only the bad boys that bother ye when yer actin' like ye hate the world." She motioned to Azumoth and gave a chuckle.

"Take me baby fer 'zample. Self confessed hermit he is, never bothers with anyone and ye can damn well tell it! Stomps around in these parts of the woods, lords over all the lands and goes 'RAWR' at everythin' that tries to 'splore. No wonder we gets no visitors round 'ere but ye can see me point - putting across that ye dinnae want anyone's company is gonna make ye miss out on loads!"

Azumoth gave a grunt in response to that one.

`Swirly
Lovey just nuzzled the top of the basket busy looking at the little one. She had her own ways of dealing with nagging. Just smile and nod or if that was too much to ask just glaze over it. Lovey still liked the little raccoon but being scolded for leaving a basket one moment then the next being told that the sweet baby that glowed so close to her body had parents that didn't deserve to die made her hard-pressed to rein in her temper.

When she had been younge - not but a year or two ago she had exploded like a petulant child everytime something was said that she didn't agree to. Now a year or two later the leash on her temper was held much tighter. Icy? That in and of itself was probably true. It was hard to find people that she truly like and that were of the same wavelength as her. Humph! "I'm afraid the point is moot Moppet and I won't be able to say anthing overly nice about the baby's mother and father. Abandoned is abandoned and I'll loathe them for it."

Lovey shook her mane out and tried to make the raccoon understand, "The babe could at least have been left with a two-legger.. as much as I don't like being around them.. It would have been cared for.. There's nothing wrong with my little boy or girl."

Lovey's temper began to boil, she felt the anger bubbling up and making her lips twitch. As the lecture went on she came closer to the surface. She could even feel the temper in her eyes. Lord give me strength. He didn't. "I'll say this - I spoke hastily - I've met one stallion that isn't in my herd that I don't dislike, Grencia. Now for my next point I was once..." An almost ironic laugh, "Carefree and loving of anything and anyone.. but after rape.. The world seems a bit more skewed." Lovey gazed at Moppet, pondering her next words.

"Perhaps that makes me icy, Moppet.. but as-is I would rather scare stallions off than invite the pain I've gone through once." Her mind raced and she thought of the babes she could be carrying.. It was still far too early to know if Uwihi had left her with more than some bad memories.

Lovey nuzzled the basket for comfort. Why had she just blurted that out?

Paramekia Darkheart
The grove fell unusually quiet at that. It wasn't so much that Moppet didn't know what to say, rather, what had been said was something she would have preferred for a certain someone not to hear. Turning round slowly, the raccoon could already see the narrowed eyes the the gritted teeth - muscles tense and prepared to lunge but all the while they were being held back.

"Git out of me grove darlin'!" She addressed Azumoth with an eerie calmness, the stallion shaking his head as he rose to his feet steadily. "And dun ye come back til ye -" She didn't get to finish her sentence as the stallion thrust himself out of the grove and his hoof beats began to die away into the distance and the 'whisper' of the rain.

And then the silence fell again.

The birds settled on the ferns and exchanged glances - another moment and then that tell tail crack as something smashed against a tree rather far off. Another 'roar' and groan of protest followed, the cracks and crunches as the unfortunate tree was struck repeatedly and simply gave up. Granted, the mutant didn't have super-soquili strength but he had evidently found a weak or young tree to smack into on an initial attack.

"Miss Lovey, ye dinnae say tha' word in these forests." Moppet turned round to face the mare again, "S'one thing we forbid in 'ere - ye may 'ave suffered somethin' horrible but that dinnae mean ye gots te shout it out in an attempt te gain pity." Swinging her paws at her sides she jumped off the basket and made her way over to Azumoth's 'bed', dusting along it with her tail in a rather motherly fashion.

"Specially round those who dinnae wish te be reminded o' where they came from, aight?" Moppet knew she shouldn't divulged the information on her 'son' so freely but she couldn't condone the manner in which the young mare had addressed the situation either. Young and naive she might have been but the raccoon was fairly certain she wasn't blind - Azumoth was most certainly a half-breed.

"'mm sorry te hear what 'appened te ye and all that but ye know -" Moppet kept her eyes on the mare and waved her paw at the twins, an obvious indication for them to trail after their brother. "Sometimes these things 'appen, ye can't let it destroy who y'ar and ye cannae let it blind ye either." Folding her arms across her chest the raccoon tilted her head to the side and gave her ears a little twitch.

"Ye know, I actually met that feather butt not all tha' long ago either - nice lad even if 'e weren't in all tha' good a shape. Very pleasant." She gave a small smile and released a sigh, "Seems we be gettin' a lot of visitors te this grove lately but 'e be lucky me babies found 'im when they did, I dinnae think he woulda lasted all tha' long without Azu darlin' dragging 'im inte the warmth..."

`Swirly
Lovey stood up her vibrant green eyes flashing in rage. The rain outside would be hard on her little one, but she'd be damned if she'd stay in the same place with these people any longer. She turned her back on the trio and began to talk and fuss at her little basket. "We're going out my lovely.. you'll be as right as rain though my sweet."

Lovey began to think as hard and as best should could. Her mind wasn't her strongest asset but when it was needed she could manage. The babe would be plenty warm if she found a large tree or a jutting rock to shelter them along with Lovey's heat. It was more than the pair had had before.

Before she left she'd set the trio right. Lovey wasn't angry near as angry, but she'd be damned if she stayed in a group that had put a mark next to her name as ignorant and an attention-whore. She could handle being thought of as an inattentive air-head who couldn't take care of her baby, but she had never accepted pity nor had she ever asked for it.

"I will not be spoken to that way." Her voice was cold and efficient as she paced back and forth a bit. She was torn in three different directions. One was blind-rage at the compounded insults, two was guilt - they had been kind to her and she had upset the stallion that had allowed her and her little on into his home, and the third was curiousity.. was Gren alright?

"I do not want pity, I do not want attention, I do not want patronized and I will not accept any of those." She glared tiredly at the group. Her entire body ached. It was going closer to a full day and some hours without sleep and her reasoning was nearly shot.

"Because I do not want those things I'll simply leave. Thank you for your hospitality, I'm sorry I upset your son, but I'm sure I can find my way of of your lands." At least she hoped she did. Her body was tense and defeated - but her mind was made. Nothing save for a giant boulder would keep her and the little one inside.

"I only have one final request, and you've every right to decline it.. but a point in the nearest way off the land or shelter would be appreciated."

Paramekia Darkheart
Moppet was used to ranting, Azumoth had done a lot of it as a colt and she had stuck with him through it all. Now another adolescent mare was giving her grief didn't bother her in the slightest, rather, she had a suspicion that cold hard truths were exactly what she needed to learn and grow. If that involved the little basket and the critter inside getting ill then so be it - the girl had to learn that her pride wasn't everything.

Especially if she wanted to be a mother.

Still, it did tire the little raccoon out and it was with a sigh that she sat back in the ferns and examined the girl critically. She demanded shelter and the raccoon would have to opt for the brutally honest approach. She was a hard-liner when necessary but she would only risk that little critters life to a certain point...Sending the mare out on a wild goose chase (especially with a raging stallion about) was not the best idea.

"Yer lookin' at the only shelter in these lands - yer in the middle of desolation 'ere." Twitching her ears she shook her head and pulled a face. The droplets had somehow breached the canopies and smacked her twice across the nose - yet no more. "Rest o' the trees dinnae 'ave the power or size te keep ye dry in the bad weather, why else de ye think we live 'ere." She gave a lose shrug and then pointed north, rolling onto her back in the process.

"But nearest place te leave would be up north - ye heads up that way and ye'll 'it the mountains pretty sharp but it be even colder up there. Ye thought this place was a wind tunnel, ye ain't seen nothin' yet." She finished at last.

`Swirly
Lovey wasn't completely without manners, even in a temper. She listened carefully to what the racoon had to say and then she nodded as politely as she could manage, "Thank you ma'am." Moppet had been moved down from motherly to acquantaince in the span of a few minutes. Although she knew that either way Moppet didn't care. Even her family was ruled by her with an iron fist - and she wasn't family.

Now to decide what to do.

"I can't take the little one out in this then if it's only going to get worse." Lovey spoke in her normal voice but it was more to herself than anyone. With a great sigh Lovey began to push and move the basket closer towards the wall. She was going to rearrange the way she was laying and try to sleep. At the same time she was planning on keeping her back turned on anyone that came in or was still there, Moppet.

With a soft grunt Lovey settle around the baby protectively. Her body was tense and her aura was unwelcoming. She was an attention-whore pity collector? Well then - she might as well play that damn card to the fullest. Softly and sleepily Lovey began to sing a soft lullaby to the baby. The fire was burning in spits and jumps like it felt the rage and turmoil and was confused. "Momma's here little one.. I won't drag you into the cold sweet thing."

Paramekia Darkheart
Moppet seemed reasonably impressed as the mare opted to do the right thing for the baby and not for herself but it was clear the filly scarcely understood. Caring for a baby, especially one so young was very difficult and understanding their needs and wants was another feat in itself. While she may have said she was here for it, the disgruntled and tense body contradicted that.

Not only that, but the young mare had thrust the baby into a 'loving' environment only to drag it away moments later. The instability was enough for even the raccoon to sigh with frustration but there was nothing she could do to change it. Rather, the baby's new mother would have to grow to realise this herself.

Oi, so young and already a mother, the filly had much to learn.

Still, as the raccoon continued to contemplate there came a flurry of wings and the twins reappeared. They perched precariously on a nearby branch and it was only after a few moments that the muffled hoof steps could be heard. With a soft 'swish' the stallion pushed the vines aside and looked somewhat guiltily towards his mother who peered at him in a calm manner through her brown eyes.

"Feelin' better darlin'?" She asked at last, leaping onto her hind legs as she waddled over to embrace his leg. "Oi, ye all wet! Ye come inside and lie down or ye'll catch yer death." With a grunt the stallion did as he was told and lay down, canting his head slightly so Moppet could reach up and stroke at his muzzle.

"Ye dinnae hurt nothin' de ye?"

"No, he didn't!" Nono piped up to allow the stallion time to think, "'Cept a couple o' trees but the wood nymphs dun mind! We saw 'em and they seemed te be ok."

"Aye, aye!" Horne confirmed and offered one of his smiles.

"Aye, good news then." Moppet mused and flashed a smile, "Now, I did go out te get as somethin' te eat and I gots it so I'ma make us so scrummy dinner, k?"

"K." The twins replied.

"Y'all jes' get settled now." The raccoon added and disappeared under the ferns nearby where rummaging could be heard.

`Swirly
Lovey on the other hand had given up all thought process. Her body was incredibly tired and her mind was every inch as strained. Indeed it was hard to do what her pride wanted and take care of the little one. The little one had her love and adoration - her pride would heal on it's own accord. Her eyes had drifted shut and she was singing softly to herself. The words were slurred together and her nose was inching towards the ground.

The fire around the basket was blazing again - and had started blazing when the sound of the birds could be heard. Lovey may not appreciate having a group around her but the little one was already getting accustomed to the noises and fussing that only a family could make. The wiggling so slowly slowing. For once the baby was falling asleep and that sleep was one of contentment. Not the sleep that the cold touch of death brought before it gave it's final kiss.

Lovey sighed deeply - oblivious to the flurry behind her.

She was young.. Only three years and along way from four. Her body couldn't handle this much stress and excitement before slippint into an oblivion that would take a miracle worker to rise up. Her stomach ached from not eating but sleep was more insistant.

"G... G'night.. sweet one."

Lovey preferred to sleep standing up - but as-is she would keep the little one protected from those she didn't care for. That didn't make much sense since the babe liked the noise, but she still had some pride. Her body shifted and relaxed enough for patches of the basket to be seen through her hair as her mind went to the first light part of sleep.

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:14 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part one...

"Continued."

Paramekia Darkheart
When Moppet re-emerged she would find that Lovey wasn't the only one to have succumbed to sleep. It seemed that Azu had tired himself out and the twins had equally done so. And thus, Moppet could only marvel at the sleeping masses of feathers and fur that lay before her. Not only that, but the tiny raccoon was rather surprised at the warmth that emanated from the Grove with so many in it - Azu seriously needed to bring friends round more often.

"Oi, well I guess I'll jes' make breakfast then." She mused, finally crawling onto Azumoth's make and nestling into his braids. Nevertheless, she did make a mental note to unbraid his hair once in a while to see if it really did curl - that and it would be much more comfortable to lie in than all the lumpy masses.

"Nini baby."

"Night, Moppet." The stallion murmured drowsily, an automatic response as the furry mother hen fell asleep herself.

`Swirly
Lovey woke up the next morning instantaneously. The benefits of youth sometimes outweighed the drawbacks to it all. The little blue basket beneath her was crackling cheerily. It was almost uncanny how the little thing inside could control the flames as to her mood. Right now her babe seemed like a fresh fire cracking and snapping to wake her up. Lordy she had slept hard.

"Good morning my lovely.. Do you hear that? That's right.. because there's nothing out there the rain is over..." Her mind quickly snapped back to something she had forgotten in her fit, "Grencia's in trouble! Oh lord!"

Lovey bolted up and stomped over to Azu's area. The birds and Moppet were curled up in his hair somewhere. Her tone was light and sweet, "If none of you wake up I'll trample you out... please?" She was new at threatening, but this incredibly weird family seemed to thrive on it. "I'd like to ask some questions about Grencia.. Uhm... Feather-butt before I go?"

Damn. She failed at giving orders, now it was up to pity.

Lovey shifted back and forth and decided to take a drink and wait a minute to see if any of them actually woke up. Besides that, nature was calling again.

Paramekia Darkheart
"If you attempt to trample me, I shall have your head." The amber eyes slid open and observed the mare calmly. It would have come as a shock to the twins and to his mother, a shock that he would be up so early but in truth he hadn't been asleep to begin with. The trio just wouldn't and couldn't understand - there were certain situations he could scarcely handle and being thrust into the company of an abandoned child and a pride-ridden mare were two of those things.

"If you seek the Wind stallion he is situated far north of here, further in to the barren lands and away from the forests." Lifting his head slightly he glanced at the dozing figures at the base of his back and released a small sigh. How he envied the peace and tranquillity, they seemed happy with anything they were given.

"Hardly a place for a child, but rest assured he is well cared for by his human. I made certain he would be." He grunted and with that lowered his head once more, closing his eyes as he attempted to return to his reverie.

`Swirly
Lovey nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard his soft voice. "Well I assumed you would as trampling usually isn't a very nice thing to try." She managed to smile slightly. If she was going to get more information out of him on Grencia then it was important that she remain as polite as possible. Her bright green eyes flashed over to his for a moment before she looked back away. There was something she had to do before thinking about Gren. "Listen, I'm sorry I upset you last night. I've hardly come to terms myself with.. well you know and it wasn't my intention to tell a group of strangers."

She turned to face him, not caring if he was still awake or not. At least she would have said it to him, "Moppet called you a... half-breed? You'll find I'm naive to terminology, I don't see you as any different from any of the other soquilis I've met... Besides being a bit more intricate in appearance, perhaps I should line up Soquilis and learn the differences." Lovey sighed and although she didn't feel any better at least he might understand a bit more.

"I've a knack for wandering into places I ought not to." Her lips had pulled back into a smile, her eyes dreaming as she remembered what seemed like ages ago, "Grencia found me in.. Ka.. Kawani? I'm unsure of the name.. but in lands I shouldn't have wandered to. He kept me company and was kind. I think I need to go to him, he will want to know what has developed since our last meeting. Or I hope he does."

Paramekia Darkheart
It seemed Azumoth was not the only deep sleeper in the family as he casually rolled to the side slightly and deposited all three family members onto his fern bed. That done he arched his neck (which released a slight crack) and pulled himself to his feet. Unsurprisingly, he was significantly taller than the unfortunate mare but she was rather young and had a little bit in the way of growing to do as of yet.

Strange how he didn't comment on Moppet's reference to what he was, well not immediately after the mare had tried to explain herself. In truth he was more interested in eyeing her critically, a little uncertain of the apology she had offered. She wasn't to know what he was or how he had come in to the world, that wasn't the apology he sought from her - it was an apology in reference to her manners but at least...

"I am not surprised." He murmured at last as she explained how the wind stallion had found her. Apparently she had a knack for wandering into undesirable territories and given her age he would excuse her for once - though why she had entered barren lands was beyond him.

"Leave the basket in the warmth," A flick of his whip like tail followed and he drifted outside, "The slopes are no place for a new born."

`Swirly
The mad desire to giggle was almost uncontrollable as she saw the three roll off of his hair. "Oh how adorable." She smiled softly and managed to step around him. Horne and Nono seemed awfully far away from Moppet. Nosing them gently - being sure that none of the trio woke before stepping back to examine her work. "You're lucky to have such an unusual family."

Ignoring what she had said was much easier than trying to continue on that track. If he wasn't interested in continueing that topic well at least she had tried. Right now her main concern was finding Gren. "Azu, where you left Gren.. err Grencia, was there a reddish mare around the area? Yei will probably know my now, but maybe not."

"You aren't surprised?" It made her pride itch but in the end she just laughed lightly. "I've gotten a lot better at not wandering to where I shouldn't.. Actually, I would never have shown up on your lands if I hadn't smelt the basket from a long distance away. The scent was nearly driving me crazy, so weak but oddly familiar.." Lovey blushed slightly, she was majorly babbling.

"Will Moppet look after my little one? I don't want her to be alone for very long." Worry evident as she contemplated leaving if only for a little while.

`Swirly
"Yes, yes, I suppose so." Lovey had always been on the delicate side. Her bones were thin and her weight and frame curvy. Once long ago she had kept her weight down and run all the time, now she just played with any of the little ones she could find to run with. Now that desicion.. sucked.

"Yes, I know she would but when we left she wasn't exactly awake." Her nostrils flared and one ear was cocked backwards fretting over leaving. The pompous stallion didn't seem to understand how worried she was about leaving the little one. If it came out while she was gone would the ltitle one inside feel doubley abandoned?

"A human.. Hm.." Her mind tried to scan for any human that Gren would know but as far as she remembered none had been mention. "I'm trying to keep up with you." It nearly killed her to spit out the next sentance to a stallion that seemed to very distinctly dislike her, "Thank you for taking me to where Gren might still be."

Paramekia Darkheart
"A basket and newborn do not need to be watched night and day provided they are placed in a safe environment." Azumoth drawled, flicking his whip-like braids as he continued to walk. However, at her unceremonious claim that she found it difficult to meet his side he did shorten and slow it accordingly - apparently the 'pompous' stallion did have manners after all, even if his general persona seemed to be reasonably abrasive.

"I assure you, save your interruptions there have been no others in quite a few years." He flicked his ears and glanced round, his gaze expressive enough to indicate that he was almost positive that no one would invade his grove. After all, if she thought about it, she hadn't been that far from it herself and she still hadn't found it the previous day.

"Your basket will be perfectly safe, I assure you of that."

Falling silent the stallion pressed the majority of his weight to the front as he began to move up the slopes. Weaving in and out of the rocky outcrops - he clearly knew where he was going. Or rather he appeared to recall where he had left the wind stallion despite being a very 'green' creature in terms of the location...Ah yes, if any of the forest had been asked, Azumoth did not like the open at all.

Nevertheless, slipping round yet another outcropping the stallion paused and motioned towards the rather ominous cave a little ahead. It provided shelter against the wind, warmth and most of all the light flickering within indiated that there was someone still there.

"You are welcome." He finished and with that he gave another flick of his tail, swivelling on his hind legs in the process. "You can return for your child when you are finished." He added, once again drifting towards the forest with the clear intention of returning to his safe haven...

`Swirly
"I suppose that is true, but I worry since the little one was left alone for god only knows how long before Dinyin, Caelen, and myself came upon it." Her own voice was a bit out of breathe but it was a reliefe when she came shoulder to shoulder with him. Oi. Thank god for small favors. The stallion was a hard once to decipher, he most definately wasn't evil or all that mean but he certainly didn't like much more than his family that she could figure.

She was tempted to ask him another question, but they were both now standing in front of the cave and as she suspected he would the stallion turned and began to wander away towards his home. Her bright green eyes narrowed in concentration for a moment as she stored the way to the cave in her memory. Dear lord, she was likely to get lost. Peachy.

"Thank you again Azumoth, I truly appreciate it." She called after him, unsure if he had heard her or not.

Lovey tentitively began to drift into the safe haven of the cave, "Grencia? Are you here? It's.. Lovey Dovey, remember me?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:27 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part two...

"Following the news of Grencia's injuries, Lovey makes her way to his hiding place with aid from the hermit and gets more than she bargained for from the injured stallion."

Paramekia Darkheart
"I do not forget names or faces." The voice replied, hoarse from a lack of use but clearly that of the wind stallion. It was only as she progressed further into the cave that she would discover the stallion in his sorry state - although it seemed Azumoth had taken the right measures to ensure his health. Granted, his wings were tattered and torn, the majority of the flight feathers were gone and one hung loosely (strapped) along his side by his human no doubt.

Similarly, his right eye was covered in a peculiar pulp and bandage but there was no more blood. It hadn't been long since his dispute with the ladybug but he was healing well. Bit by bit, slowly but surely he was regaining his strength but had opted to remain in the shelter as opposed to being battered by merciless winds.

"How are you, Lovey?" Offering a smile, the stallion shifted his weight so that he lay nearer the fire that burned healthily beside him. In truth, he had shifted his weight so he could see her better but despite his own injuries he couldn't help but grimace at her - something didn't seemed quite right.

"Or perhaps the question should be, are you alright?" He altered his question and canted his head to the side. Clearly his human had left to retrieve some supplies, he wasn't in the best of states and certainly didn't look quite as handsome as his usual self but that didn't distract him from what he considered important.

`Swirly
Lovey just snorted as she moved closer to one of the few that she would put good and friend in the same sentance with. "Oh-ho so that's probably the reason why you're all torn up. You've gone and let your pride tear you up." Her light teasing was an attempt to not let her own saddness get the best of her, he was looking better than she had expected, but not much.

"Now then, I've been better.. I seem to have come upon a family since the last time I saw you, made an enemy so to speak, and found out you're torn to bits." The second in her list was said with a bit of a tremble, the first with a soft smile, and the last with a bit of a hen-pecking tone.

Gren had shifted and made the odd.. thing over his eye move out of her main light. "I'll fill yours ears with all the bizarre happenings in my life but first I'd like the name of the creature that shredded you. I think I'd like to have a.. "word" with him or was it a her?" Lovey winked at him, "Or did Yei finally have at you?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"Yei has no idea about what has a occurred, I have yet to return to her home." He replied smoothly, offering a bemused smile at her teasing. To say he couldn't shake his head was an understatement, shaking it caused him to feel even worse than he already was and thus one of his 'signature' moves had to remain hidden - a shame really as it would have emphasised how he felt. "As for the identity of the mare in question - I am unaware of her name." He offered a hapless shrug at this, deeming it a pointless topic to concentrate on or to focus any more of his time on.

He had won. Granted, he was battered and bruised but he had landed with an almighty crack and she had impacted on the ground even harder. Frankly, if she lived to tell the tale then she would be nothing more than a sponge.

"Nor do I care to try and recall it, what is done is done. However, now that I have answered your questions I should think I deserve to have mine answered in more detail." His brow was furrowed and as with any creature that was protective of his friends (and family) he had been less interested in the family and her concerns over him - he'd been more interested in that tremble.

"Define enemy." He ordered. He would no doubt ask about the others later, particularly when he had heard the familiar and gruff voice of Azumoth outside his cave.

`Swirly
His movements weren't nearly as smooth as they used to be. Lovey had an odd feeling that the stallion was managing to bluster up his attitude so's not to worry her or to make himself appear any weaker. It was probably a very irritating and humbling expericance to be unable to do much. "The mare in question.. and you don't know her name?" He had let it drop, and she would too... But why would someone fight with someone that they didn't know?

Gah, the stallion sometimes chose to be a most insubordinate creature. Now he was wanting to know about the hell-spawn she called Uwihi.

"Err uhm.. What do you mean by uhm.. enemy?" She was stalling and they both probably knew it too. Shaking her mane out nervously she turned her back from him slightly. "Perhaps I don't wish to carry on with this topic. What's done is done, unless I'm.. No we don't cross that bridge until.. I'm forced to." A weak smile and a hesitant shrug, "How long have you been here?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"Long enough." Grencia clearly wasn't prepared to let the subject drop and neither was she. Despite her 'vague' remarks and her mention of a desire to no longer discuss it she was skirting around the issue to the point she contradicted herself. There were times when this stallion would gladly humour such things but today was not one of those days - rather, the last few weeks had not been "one of those days". Whatever had happened to him had been enough to hardened and reaffirm his reserve to the point that he wasn't quite as 'laid back' as before.

"You were the one who mentioned enemies and now you become vague and withdrawn about them." Gritting his teeth the large wind pulled himself to his feet, teetering unsteadily before holding his head at a rather peculiar angle. Although it might have looked weird it did stop the room from spinning violently and he was able to focus.

"Now praytell, what has been 'done' exactly? Or perhaps I should guess..." Pursing his lips his visible eye grew hard indicating that he was much smarter than he looked. THe way she was acting reminded him of a young daughter attempting to inform her father that she had become pregnant by a boy he didn't approve of.

"Are you pregnant?"

`Swirly
Lovey watched with wide eyes as he hauled himself up, "Are you sure you're supposed to be up and moving? I'm afraid, my friend, that you don't look like you're in good enough shape to be moving around over much." Well, that wasn't skirting the issure too much, as the stallion really did look pretty awful and it also looked rather painful when he had tried to and luckily managed to stand up.

"I know I know, I was just filling you in on basically what had gone on since I had last seen you I suppose." Shaking her purple-blue mane again Lovey tried to figure out why precisely she had felt the need to tell him that related in the least to Uwihi. "Oh Gren.."

The time to face the music was now. Peachy. "What has been done - is that a very.. unusual stallion confused me and after that well.." Lovey's cheeks were bright pink with embarrassment and remembrance but her shoulders were starting to sag a bit. Keeping information and that secret had been hard to handle, "It is unknown if I'm unpregnant... and if I am I the father will.." What would Uwihi do?

"I don't think he would care, he had his fun."

Paramekia Darkheart
Closing his eye, the stallion released a sigh that seemed to be between a number of emotions. Granted, he wasn't particularly thrilled at what had occurred but he was not Lovey's father and therefore he could only be so angry. That and given her personality he really wasn't that surprised - rather, he was more relieved that she was safe and unharmed physically. Actually, if the stallion had harmed her he would have done more than just 'speak' to him.

"I see." Was about the only response the stallion could muster as he reopened his eye and pursed his lips. He clearly wasn't one who excelled at dealing with the full extent of emotional traumas (as it was a woman's strong point) and instead he opted to assess the situation by examining her form. So far she appeared to show no signs of pregnancy and other than an emotional scar she seemed to be well.

"I wish I could offer more comforting words, but all I can say is..." Swaying uncertainly he rested his shoulder against the wall of the cave for support. "Welcome to the world of adulthood, you are an attractive mare and there will be those who will abuse both that and your position of naivety." He mused at last, his ears swivelling at the sounds of the wind blowing outside his 'home' again - it seemed that it would begin raining again shortly.

"But the question still remains...what will you do if you are pregnant?"

`Swirly
Lovey nearly burst into laughter. The pain of what Uwi had done to her was lessening each day. The young were supposed to be resiliant, right? Gren was a good friend to her, and was actually incredibly glad he hadn't flown off the panhandle or given her some incredibly long-winded lecture on keeping your virtue to be a lady... blahblahblah..

"Yes.. He left alot of bruises on my neck, but otherwise I was fine.. I suppose." Thinking of that night served only to make her blush, "Yeah yeah.. attractive my left hoof, I was easily led and as good as any other mare. If you met the b*****d you'd understand." If I only knew then what I do now... had never been so necessary.

"The stallion wouldn't have cared if I had had ugly written across my forehead and fleas to bite him so long as I was uhm.. servicable?" The naivety she had had for so long was decidedly replaced with a slightly bitter shell. It would take time to trust any new stallions.

"Gren, you know as well as I that I love children.. If I carry his young ones I will raise them properly.. They didn't get a vote in my stupidity."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Let me be frank." Grencia's tone was harsh as he kept his gaze focused on the young mare. She was still so young and her bitterness was to be expected but there were a few things she clearly didn't understand. There was a part of every stallion who was just like she was resented. They were only mortal after all, they lusted as much as the next one and yet...

"There was a time when I would have bedded any of the willing. Disregard looks, size...it had no relevance provided that my desires were met." He spoke in a tone that was designed to be informing as opposed to subtle. It lacked tact and with brutal honesty he unveiled exactly who he was and what he was like...when he was younger at least. "I admit the chase and the pursuit of a rare beauty was exhilarating but why limit myself to one?"

"It is the general mentality of all stallions to do such things." Flicking his tail he was certain that if Yei had been here she would have knocked him off a cliff. "You were simply unfortunate to experience a violent lover during your first time, either that or he was exceptionally inexperienced but in the long term you might find that what he did will have been educational in more ways than one."

At this point, any 'holy' elder would have informed Grencia he was going straight to hell.

"No mare should endure and inexperienced lover and more to the point...every mare should no exactly what she wants. Violence is something that some mares thrive upon, likewise for stallions." He gave a loose half shrug and then released a heavy sigh. There were times when he really just had no shame, either that or he was perfectly comfortable with the subject in question.

"Alas, if you are unfortunate enough to be bearing his children - such luck for one on their first attempt...Then you will have my support in whatever ways I can provide it." Not exactly the best of things to say after divulging his 'life story' or at least his sexual history to the poor mare but sometimes brute honesty was more useful and it might put things into perspective for her.

"Even if I must babysit again." He mused, visions of a baby Biscuit chewing on his tail floating into the forefront of his mind.

`Swirly
Lovey stared in contemplative silence during the whole of his confession and almost explanation of what Uwihi had done. Trying to imagine him, essentially, putting the "make" on her was almost too bizarre to imagine. Uwihi and Grencia were nothing alike, it would take a hell of a lot of a player-past to make her put those two on the same field and finding them equal.

"And yet, that is where I draw the line between what you did and what he did." It was hard to explain, she had submitted to Uwihi so to speak, but at the same time she had wanted to stop several times but it just hadn't happened. "I was not willing in the whole sense of the word and more than once I wanted to stop."

That had been where most of the bruises had come from. Pure violence and insults to her intelligence had been required to keep Lovey firmly shackled to Uwihi all that night. The next morning she had been demoted to liar again and running away had seemed simpler than finding out what to do if she were to be carrying his young.

Not that she wanted to find him now.

"I highly doubt he was inexperianced, the stallion simply thirsts for blood, but Gren talking about him is growing more than old for me." Nothing would prevent what had happened and nothing would make it easy to forget.

"Perhaps we can move onto a more pleasant part of my life? If at all possible?" His words had made her think of how rude she had been to Azumoth. Damn, an apology would be owed to him before she left. That Moppet could shove it though. Oop.. there goes my stupid pride as usual. "Ahh yes.. well err.. you'll be babysitting for sure then Grencia.. but my new child is peculiar to say the last. Your feathers might get singed if you made him or her mad."

Paramekia Darkheart
"...A bite to the neck cannot keep you stood in one spot, Lovey." Grencia arched a brow rather painfully and shook his head. "So it leads me to believe that he was doing something right to keep you standing still enough for him to play." Oh he could play the devil's advocate well on occasions but while he didn't condone what the stallion had done...that didn't mean he would allow the young mare to place all blame on him.

"If you had wanted him off, all you had to do was walk away." he pointed out. It was such a simple thing and yet if she had walked forward he wouldn't be able to physically hop after her - not that Grencia had ever tried to chase after a mare in that manner but he had tried hopping about on his hind legs. Even with his wings he had faired badly. Very badly.

It was only after he had said that, that he paused and replayed a number of her words over in his head again. There was no way in the name of the Great Spirit that he had been holed up in this cave for nine months, it wasn't possible...and now she was saying she already had a baby? Typical man. He spent the next few minutes recounting the entire conversation over in his head before at last flicking his gaze back to her - his expression one between confusion and bemusement.

"You have been busy." He mused, inferring that she had been up to no good since the event had happened. Even so, there was a small glint in his eyes that revealed he was being more teasing than anything.

"A child and a hermit."

`Swirly
Lovey just simply put her nose up at him, if he wanted to think that she had been a willing player in the game ten that would be his perogative. "Well Gren, since you seem to have been there that night and obviously know what happened I'm going to drop the subject and if you bring it up again so help me I'll finish plucking your wings regardless of whether you beat me senseless or not."

Lord, it's like watching a dim child trying to remember what letter comes next in the alphabet. Gren had put in the slot of "annoying older brother" some time ago so it was easy enough to mock him for taking so long to figure out what she had said, "Gren dear, I didn't speak in another language did I? and I wouldn't call Caelen a hermit, he's the most obnoxious Irishman I've ever met in my entire life." Well, come to think of it he was the ONLY Irishman she had ever met, but those were just nitty gritty details.

"I have NOT been busy you pervert." Wait, that didn't sound right, she had been busy but not in that why, "I believe you're misunderstanding me and doping it on purpose."

"The hermit isn't mine."

Paramekia Darkheart
"But apparently the baby is." She hadn't made any objections to him inferring that she had become pregnant and given birth at such a miraculous rate. Rather, she spent her entire time talking about an individual she had never even heard of. Caelen? He swivelled his ears at this and arched a brow higher - perhaps she had found another male to call her own after the little trauma she had endured.

"And I was not referring to this 'Caelen', whoever he may be." Flicking his tail he ambled towards the entrance of the cave and took a breath of fresh air. He didn't appreciate the wind blowing against his wounds but he had been right in his assumption that it would rain - it was already spitting threateningly...luckily, he would not be going anywhere for the time being.

"I was referring to Azumoth." Turning back round he ambled back to his original position by the fire and slowly lowered himself to the ground again. Apparently he was finished with his exercise for the day, either that or he had simply been too tired to support his own weight for any longer. "Although I am rather curious as to what you were doing in the Barrens anyway...This place is renowned for being one of the more brutal regions in the Kawani."

`Swirly
A narrow-eyed gaze was her only response for awhile. Gren was getting a bit too perverted right now her for her liking. Assuming that if she lost her virginity she'd take on a legion of lovers, produce a baby, and love on one of her obviously numerous stallions? Oi, you're just cranky so be nice. "The baby is mine even if I did not birth it." Her tone was hard and determined.

Enough people had fussed at her for being "too young" for the basket that anymore it was a touchy subject to be spoken about. "Caelen - is my new herdmate and a bizarre creature at that." It was difficult to place just when precisely Caelen had come into her life, "He came around I'd say just short of two to three weeks after we parted until today." Thinking of the ridiculous green stallion made her smile, "Right now he's got his hooves full searching out the irresponsible parents of MY baby."

"I'll make a long story short. Caelen and I were getting to know each other as we are int he same herd. I picked up the scent of the basket, thank god, and we chased it into these lands. Caelen is searching out the parents, and I'm supposed to be watching the baby." Lovey paused for a minute to smile, wondering if Horne and Nono were pesting the little one to make it glow, "I've not spoken much to Azumoth, actually, we've hardly been civil to each other but he's a soft spot for thel ittle ones I guess."

Paramekia Darkheart
"That doesn't surprise me." It wasn't entirely clear whether or not Grencia was referring to Lovey or Azu in relation to the anti-social behaviour but given his stance on her rendezvous with Uwihi there was a good chance that he was referring to her. He wasn't doing it to intentionally insult her but she was at such a young age that she didn't understand the complex emotions that drifted through soquili of his age - particularly soquili like Azumoth.

...If Lovey had been even the slightest bit anti social or rude then Grencia wouldn't have been surprised at all if the gruff hermit had blatantly ignored. On a personal level, Grencia had always found that a cold shoulder against a rude soquili was the best way to deal with them - if there was another to express affection towards then by no means would they be ignored due to the other.

"And not every parent that abandons a child is irresponsible, some have very deep issues. Really Lovey, I may not condone the manner in which the child was abandoned but I truly hope your friend has more intelligence than to harm the soquili who may have done it." Raising a brow he had a sneaking suspicion that Lovey had fallen into a crowd that were just as brash as she was...and lacking in a great deal of tolerance or understanding.

"For all you know, the parents could be dead."

`Swirly
Lovey pulled back her lips - facing away from Gren - and had to pool her temper in carefully. It was hard to listen to him advocate the baby's parents in any way, shape, or form. These lands were so far away from anything else. If the parents hade died here they would be easy enough to find. Since they obviously hadn't gone to Azumoth's lair and the rest was relatively without any sort of shelter from the weather.

In her mind, the stallion and his two birds had started the rudeness. Although she had melted towards both Horne and Nono, who could irritate her with their making her sing, but otherwise sweetness. Why was it so hard for people to see the baby's circumstances had to've been awful. Not deeply disturbed parents. Bah.

"Grencia - I may take my leave soon as this conversation is doing nothing but rile my temper and you look tired enough to take a nap. Caelen is one of the smartest stallions I've met, and one of the few I trust. He plans to search for the parents as thoroughly as he can to figure out why the babe was abandoned." Lovey was nothing if not protective of loved ones, and while Gren fit into that slot she didn't want him to be insulted.

"Caelen wants to return the babe if the parents are in sane enough order to care for him or her."

Paramekia Darkheart
"And you evidently, do not." Grencia's expression had clouded into one that flickered between tolerance and irritation. All in all, he had known of Lovey's youth but he had always given her credit for intelligence - apparently, he had been sorely mistaken. Instead, all he saw before him was a pride ridden and selfish little girl...something that he was almost tempted to tell her.

Actually, he rather thought he would.

"I am perfectly capable of remaining awake for as long as I please, but if you insist on continuing to remain in this current mood then perhaps it would be beneficial for you to leave." His tone had become sharp and a hint of a threat lurked within it. She might have wondered why he had fought with an individual he didn't know but it might have become clear at that point - he did not suffer fools.

"More to the point, I would rather that someone so proud and selfish be out of my sight." Pulling himself to his feet again he moved at a surprising speed until he was by the mares side. "Let me be frank once more Lovey. You are nothing but a child and not the first to be raped - you do not know the circumstances surrounding that child and feigning ignorance is nothing short of cowardly." His voice became lower yet still held it's steely tone. "Not everyone deals with tragedy in the way you do - so consider this."

Now it became a hiss...

"Not every mother will keep that which spawns from a rape. Not every father is delighted at a pregnancy and may threaten to kill. Not every mother []survives the birth - and any soquili with intelligence would realise that a father is not always capable of caring for a new born...especially if he is in morning." Flicking his tail he shook his head and drifted away from the mare once more.

"The world is a brutal and unforgiving place. I would advise that you stop assuming that everyone who 'abandons' their child is worthy of death or other forms of punishment." With a grunt he nudged the blankets he had been lying on to rearrange them.

"We are not all as pure and holy as you."

`Swirly
Lovey just stared at the stallion in blank confusion. Who was this stanger berating her for putting the child's life ahead of any threats that could come. There were very few things in the world Lovey put over the safety of the young. Apparently, that was wrong?

She wouldn't stay around here then.

Her voice shook with tears, they were childish and useless, but since she had been type-casted what was the use in trying to be something else? "I will leave your presence then. I wish you the best of luck in healing and I apologize for assuming you couldn't stay awake." She shook her mane out and had already begun to back out of the cave.

It hurt to put another mark towards stallions she could no longer trust.

Lovey turned then, at the entrance to the cave, and began to walk away. Her head was swimming with a dizzy feeling... A mixture between pain, confusion, and sadness. Life was hard, but right now she had to get back to her little one and then to find Caelen...

Slowly the tears began to fall as she walked away, if luck was on her side nothing would follow her and she' d have time to get her wits gathered.

Paramekia Darkheart
Grencia didn't follow, he had absolutely no intention of doing so. Never one to suffer fools he had provided Lovey with the 'life lessons' she so deeply needed. Like a good father should have done, he had informed her of the truth about men and had pointed out that her holier-than-thou attitude was sorely misplaced. He hadn't openly supported the parents (despite her claim he had) but he did believe it was important to consider the reasons behind everything first.

...All were innocent until proven guilty.

And thus, with a sigh the stallion lowered his head again and closed his eyes. Being cooped up in such a small space was never fun but at least his wounds were healing - he just hoped that he did not have to deal with anything so silly for a little while longer.

She would learn eventually.

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:18 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part three...

"...Lovey returns to the grove of the hermit..."

`Swirly
The rain felt cold and morbid on her cheeks as she moved methodically towards where she hoped the grove was. Her body was already beginning to tremble from the coldness that was seeping out of her mind and heart and in from the fall of rain. A nearly continuous stream of tears continued to fall through her walk. Normally, Lovey would hustle to where she was going but right now it was hard enough to even keep walking.

Was she really just an ignorant mare that was bent on pride?

No, no.. the baby needed me and I'll stand by my decision of the parents until the day I die. Grencia might have had the correct idea that I should keep the worst of my thoughts to myself, but any parent that wouldn't give their life for their babies shouldn't be in that position. Parts of her mind were nagging back and forth and it took some time before she realized several things.

One - she had stopped moving.
Two - she was sobbing.

And the worst of the three things to realize..
She had absolutely no idea where she was.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Hush little baby, don't say a word!" Moppet, the tone deaf raccoon was clearly enjoying herself as she cooed at the top of her lungs. For the last few minutes she had been singing a lullaby under Lovey's assurance that she had a lovely voice - unfortunately it sounded more like nails screeching against a blackboard to her 'audience'...Who had his eyes closed and his ears turned away from her in an attempt to block her out.

Alas, it proved to have little effect.

"ZUUUUU!" Nono smacked unceremoniously into a mound of ferns while Horne perched precariously on a very unsteady and thin stalk. Both didn't look excited, but had a more serious expression on their tiny faces. It really was enough to cause the stallion to narrow his eyes suspiciously; good news to them as it meant he was listening.

"She be back!" Nono poked his head out of the ferns with a small chirp.

"Yip, but she not so good." Horne shook his head sadly and cocked it to the side, "She be cryin', we be thinkin' she lost!"

"And you did not decide to lead her back yourself?" With a grunt the stallion was already pulling himself to his feet. There was a long pause, one that involved Azumoth glancing critically at his tone deaf mother.

"Rain was too hard." Nono fluffed up his wet wings to indicate that the rain may have been light to Azumoth but was rather heavy to them. Apparently it was a legitimate excuse as he gave a nod and very carefully picked the singing Raccoon up.

"OI!" Moppet flailed in protested as she was unceremoniously deposited outside of the grove.

"The baby is asleep, not deaf." Azumoth muttered and drifted away from his home. The bids hadn't told him where she was but he would find her, it was easy to smell the foreign in his own territory, "Make sure no one comes inside." He ordered, indicating that he was installing Moppet as a guard - not that she could have stopped anything if it did try to come inside.

"All ye had to do was ask!"

"You would not have listened!" He called back and continued to drift away until he was completely submerged in shadow. As expected it wasn't long before he found the mare, in a rather sorry state to say the least. He wasn't about to assume that she had been attacked but clearly someone had informed her of something she didn't like or appreciate.

"Lost?" He enquired as he stood a short distance away.

`Swirly
Her sobs had slowed from the few minutes ago before Azumoth had come to speak to her, but it was still blatently clear from the stream of tears and occassional hiccup that Lovey wasn't in the best mood possible. Azumoth would tell me the truth, wouldn't he? If I really am an ignorant child that isn't capable of raising that little one then he'd tell me..

What if he says yes?

Her mind struggled back and forth with the knowledge of what could come to be, and what could be damaged by her remaining the dark for the rest of her life. Oh damn, things certainly had a knack for getting tricky when she least expected it. Life was supposed to be nicer now, she had a family for the first time she could remember and after something awful life would become great.

Crap.

Lovey shifted and stared up at the stallion, trying to make the tears stop as they really didn't help her in the least.

"Azumoth.. am am I not able enough to raise that baby?" It was the most ludicrous question he had probably ever heard, but if she wasn't fit well.. She'd figure that out later.

Paramekia Darkheart
"You have much to learn." He replied quietly, his answer indicating that he didn't believe her incapable but that she would certainly have to learn quickly to be the best she could be. However, he was not one to explain himself in great detail and with a snort he soon turned round and began to drift into the shadows once more with the assumption that she would trail after him in some form or another.

He was not one to console those around him, he just didn't know how.

And so it was with renewed silence that he began to weave in and out of the trees once more, pausing occasionally to shake the water from his peculiar attire. Although not a heavy rain, it had a quality that drenched him to the skin in mere seconds - the type he absolutely abhorred but at least it wasn't as cold as the other types. Nevertheless, once satisfied he would continue on his way with little to no concern as to whether or not she was following.

Clearly, she would have to be the one to do the talking. Given her previous cold shoulder he had no intention of trying to make any conversation himself - what she had presented to him as her more vulnerable side could be nothing more than an act.

`Swirly
His few words helped her to make the tears end their slow and useless trickle. Lovey picked up a light trot, more than willing to be out of the rain now that she had figured out what she wanted to know. Knowing that she wasn't knowledgeable was acceptable, if he had said point blank that she was a raging idiot and incapable well... temper tantrum would have gotten a new meaning along with a decision that was liable to make her depressed for a long long time.

He certainly was a mystery, but was it too late to make a friend?

Lovey mustered up the remainder of her courage and pulled up alongside of Azumoth, "Uhm.. I.. I'm sorry I was rude to you.. you and your family really have been very kind to me, and I've been worse than a filly in return." It was a mouthful to swallow, but if she was going to get along with them in harmony it would take her lowering the amount of pride she allowed herself.

"I.. I'm assuming you don't like other Soquilis that much, but maybe we could be friends sort of?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"You are a filly." He pointed out, emphasises their age difference. He failed to look forward as he addressed her and instead focused solely on returning to the grove. Although she hadn't been away long, he had already developed a somewhat protective sense of responsibility for whatever child lurked within and as much as he trusted his family they really couldn't battle against a predator to keep it safe.

"Younger generations fail to understand the concept of respect and it is of no surprise to me to find they have developed an unsavoury amount of pride." He was never one for tact and with a shrug her pushed aside a number of branches and flicked his whip-like tail against his flank to rid himself of a mild itch. "That does not mean I dislike them, I simply do not appreciate the company." He explained - ah, not necessarily one for pure tact but he could play the politician!

However, that wasn't to say he accepted her apology or her request to be his friend. Clearly he had finished whatever he wished to say at this moment in time and it was with on of his familiar snorts that he pushed aside the branches to reveal his Grove once more - Moppet bouncing onto his back with a coo of appreciation as she didn't like being left outside all that much either.

"After you."

`Swirly
Lovey was getting sick and tired of being shown time and time again that she was incredibly young. Three years and moving onto four soon enough didn't really feel all that young to her anymore, but what did she know apparently? Instead of huffing and puffing Lovey just sniffled one last time and managed to smile at Azumoth, "Thank you again..."

Moving quietly into the grove she spotted the little flaming blue basket and moved over to it quickly, "Oh sweet one, did you miss me? I bet you had lots of singing and attention while I was gone, didn't you?" Lovey was absorbed in her own world. Another hard day of arguing with one that had had friend by their name for so long definately made it hard to be completely balanced. It also made it hard to remember not to make a fool of herself in front of the.. four others that were probably around.

Nuzzling and lipping at the little basket was fun as the flames leapt and played with her nose. If possible the little basket felt even warmer than when she had left. "Have you guys played in the flames? They feel so unusual!" For Horne and Nono it would probably feel like walking through a waterfall only this one's made of fire. Her question was asked in general. Looks-wise - the slightly vain beauty was kaput. Her hair was dripping and where it was starting to dry it had become frizzy. Lovey didn't give it a second thought.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Nope." Both birds replied as they readjusted their positions so that they weren't about to fall into the ferns again. In truth, they had actually been sent out as scouts by the stallion to make sure Lovey did come back safely. That, and while Azumoth had attempted to sleep it had been Moppet who had 'screeched' a lullaby. Perhaps it was her inability to sing that had caused such a peculiar response.

"We been out all mornin'," Horne explained and fluffed up his damp feathers to preen them. It was surprising how quickly he could readjust each one so that they were neat and tidy - beside him Nono was already doing the same thing.

"Aye, the wee one 'as been asleep all mornin', I jes' been singin' te it." Moppet explained, shaking off her fur. The results were surprising, as the fur puffed up like a giant cotton ball and made Moppet seem a lot fatter and cuddlier than she had been before - such an appearance caused a smile to crack through the stallions called visage and he blew warm air onto her head fondly.

"Oi - ye be owin' me much fer standin' out there in the rain - ye know me fur dinnae like it!"

`Swirly
Lovey's nose, where it had been playing in the fire, already felt warm and soft once again. If the little ones were to run around in it wouldn't that get rid of the rest of their cold? "Horne, Nono... Would you try playing in the babe's fire? I've a feeling it'll dry you off." A wicked grin split her face, "Or.. if she's in a bad mood with you two you might be a bit... bald for awhile."

It was.. too hard to resist... When Moppet had puffed herself up like a giant cuddly puffball, Lovey had been unable to hold back her grin and right now she was fighting the urge to giggle. The big-bad momma that had made her so mad yesterday looked... huggable?

Holding back was too hard. She gigggled.

Moppet had stood outside and watched for the well, she wasn't sure who. The birds had been outside and her guess was doing the same thing or maybe looking for her. Once again Lovey was indebted to them all. What do I have that could pay them back? If she were at home she'd harrass her two-legger into doing her bidding... As-is...

The feather! Gren had given her a beautiful violet feather, but their friendship was over? It would go to Moppet, she'd probably like the shine of it.

"Moppet... under my mane I've a purple-violet feather, it was a gift from someone I... care about, and I know it isn't much but would you take it as a small thanks?" Lovey's cheeks were burning, they'd probably laugh.

No what did she have for Horne and Nono? Maybe she'd behave if they wanted to teach her to sing? That didn't seem like much to her.. and why did it matter?

Because they think you're an idiot. That's why.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Naw, we're okay now - sides...the rains a wee bit refreshin'." Horne offered an odd smile and bounced across the ferns. Now that he was reasonably dry he had reverted to being his over excitable self again and had taken to examining everything and anything - including the feather in her mane. To him it looked an awful lot like those pretty ones the injured stallion had hanging from his battered wings.

"Aww sweetie," Moppet sat her fluffed up body down and shook her head. Her eyes had lit up at the sight of the feather but in truth she would have nowhere to put it. "Ye dinnae have te give it te me and 'sides, how would ye friend feel iff'n they found ye gave it away?" She canted her head to the side, an almost knowing expression on her face as she had raised many, many young in her life.

Granted, Azumoth had many 'siblings' but she had always found the soquili to be far more complex than her blood babies.

""We be 'appy te help, ain't tha' right?" Nono wiggled his tiny little rump and balanced precariously at the very tip of Azumoth's horn. Peering down at the stallion's glowing eyes he gave a little twitter, "'Tis what we do, aye!"

"Aye!" Horne agreed, pausing nearby the basket to give it a small peck through curiosity. She was right, it did feel really strange but strange wasn't always a good thing (especially around flames) and he opted to stay just a little bit away from it. "We dinnae need a gift as thanks, jes' sayin' the words is enough for us!"

"Tis the thought that counts!" Moppet confirmed and began to pat down her fur with her paw...it only served to make it more static and fluffy. This was made even worse as Azumoth gave another almighty shake and drenched both birds and his mother in the process. "Azumoth, de ye never listen te me? I dinnae like the rain!"

"Neither do I, that would be why I got it off me." He replied smoothly, causing the little critter to place her hands on her hips in protest.

`Swirly
Lovey looked at the little birds orderly feathers and the fact that they almost seemed dry now. Oh she wished her mop would do the same. It was ridiculously long in her own mind and since it didn't have any braiding, which was fine as she disliked braids in her hair, it seemed to go anywhere it felt like at all times. "I thought the rain was awful.. but then too it makes my hair all tangly and messy."

Lovey stretched her nose out and lipped at the soaking wet momma-coon and grinned, "I think that fluffed up look might be a lovely style on you..." Her own hair would frizz soon, gah. The mention of the person who had given her the feather caring made a tear or two well up in her eyes, "Oh no.. I want you to have it... perhaps We can rig a way for it to stick to your fur.."

It was hard to say what her feelings were right now, besides once again tired.

"Then you two can pick the feather out and I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out somewhere it can hang." Letting go of the feather was like letting go of a friendship, but maybe the small token would help her in making a couple new friends? Lovey picked up a slow tune and began to hum it, just finishing a few of the bars.

When Azumoth shook water onto the trio she ducked her face away and had to hold back another giggle. Too bad that she wasn't in a very restraining mood. "Oh Azu.. you soaked them all..." Lovey was fascinated with the family scene... Caelen was a nice "brother" so to speak but she hadn't spent enough time with him to have developed that loving family feeling.

Time to sit back and watch.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Darlin' ye should keep it, it matches ye so well." Moppet gave her a gentle pat on the muzzle as she went back to dusting down her coat. As pretty as the feather might have been, Moppet wasn't stupid and was well aware that the young mare might very well regret it afterwards. She may have been having an argument with someone...but that didn't mean the rift wouldn't heal.

"'Sides, I got plenty of feathers - Nono and Horne always moult them so I gots lotsa 'em hidin' in me lil hole." She wiggled her nose and gave a small twitch of her over-fluffed ears. All in all she wasn't a bad mare, she was just very young and had much to learn...including that awful lesson that involved pride. She wasn't the first to go through it, she wouldn't be the last to go through it either but it was the hardest of all lessons to learn.

But there were more important things to deal with right now!

"Ye has no respect fer yer elders Azu, soakin' me like that!" Swinging her attention back to the stallion she puffed up her chest and placed her paws on her hips. All in all, her appearance was one of 'seriousness' but the glint in her eyes indicated that she simply did it to get a rise out of the quiet male before her. "Ye be thinkin' it be funny to makes me poof up like a big sponge?! Are ye happy now?"

"Well, yes." Azumoth responded in the same tone as before, his expression completely unreadable. This only served to make the raccoon narrow her eyes, the 'challenge' accepted.

"ATTACK!" She commanded and with a squealing war cry she bounced from the furs and onto his head - Horne and Nono responding with a chirp of their own as they dived into the mass of fur that now shrouded the poor male's features from few. Although, it did look rather amusing as he tried to 'shake' them off gently and occasionally lost his footing in the process.

"Din give in!" Nono commanded as he 'tugged' at a heavy braid.

"Surrender!" Horne chirped as he gave a tug at his ear.

`Swirly
It was hard not to be sad as she continued to talk about the feather. At the same time a slow blush was becoming more and more obvious up her cheeks. "Well, your coat is so lovely Moppet.. I'm sure you don't have to worry about colors.. Doesn't everything look good?" The tactic was shameless flattery, but since she didn't want anything out of it - using it was alright?

Lovey eyed the bright pair and grinned, yes the pair probably gave enough feathers to make two more of 'em. Heaven forbid. It was time to concede victory and keep the feather for the time being. Opening her mouth to speak, Lovey was a bit surprised at the almost outraged tone that the little raccoon was using on the stallion.

He was twenty times her size!

Oh lord.. if any of the group had expected the stallion to seem in the least contrite it had probably only been Lovey. When the raccoon and two birds took off to attack the big stallion, the shock nearly had her mouth gaping open. She'd never had anybody to roll and fight with so seeing them like that was most definately a ... bizzarre? sight.

The urge to join into the ruckus was there, but she wasn't family. Come to think of it, the group seemed to hardly tolerate her. The thoughts made her sigh and press her nose to the top of the little glowing basket.

She'd have a family soon enough... maybe?

Paramekia Darkheart
It was only when Moppet proceeded to bind the braids around Azumoth's head like a blindfold that he cried out in surrender. He gave an almighty shake and with a squeal both birds were dislodged while his 'mother' was left swinging from one of his braids. Regardless, she had a triumphant smirk on her lips and was looking towards Lovey with the strangest expression.

"Ye see, tha' be how ye deal with a boy!" She announced as Azumoth continued to shade his head in an attempt to dislodge the braids from his eyes. "Size be nothin' if ye know how te tame 'em!" She continued, feigning ignorance in the sense that Azumoth could have slaughtered her if he decided to. Even so, it seemed the stallion was more than happy to play along with his family's peculiar games - by the glint in his eyes he seemed to enjoy it as well.

"Aye! Tuggin' on the ears is the best!" Nono chimed as he perched between Lovey's ears and wiggled his rump.

"Always makes him surrender!" Horne confirmed, although once again it was obvious that a certain someone hardly felt the tugs.

"Better?" Moppet had finally released Azumoth from his blind fold and was unweaving the braids from his hair. While the braids had been long before, the hair they consisted off was even longer - trailing along the ground about Azumoth's hooves in a wavy mass. It seemed to be well kept as well given the sheen and softness, Moppets paws easily gliding through the strands.

"Much." The stallion replied softly, flicking his gaze towards the mare who had seemed to lose her 'fire'. "Your meeting with your friend did not go well, did it?" He mused at last.

`Swirly
Watching the families antics, as she hadn't been able to look away for long, had been some of the easiest amusement and fun she had come by in a long time. Lovey had heard the question that Azumoth had asked, but chose to ignore it for a few moments to find the words she wanted.
The meeting hadn't gone badly.. no it had been hell on toast. She was pretty sure meetings between the Devil and God had gone off more civilly in the past than today.

"The ears, huh? I don't think I have anything that could grip them save for teeth and that's just.. cruel!" Lovey grinned up at the little birds for a moment. They certainly seemed proud of themselves.

"How long did it take you two to learn how to tame your.. beast?"

Good lord. That stallion's hair was longer than hers? He had to be the first and only other Soquili she had met that also had ridiculously long hair. Luckily, his was longer and had Moppet to care for it. Hers was long but lacking in maybe a foot or two of length and she only had herself. Right now it was gnarled up much more than usual and the underside had tangles that were itchy. Ah, joy.

Okay.. avoiding questions was just rude after a certain amount of time. Her expression went to a small joyless smile, "Am I that transparent? I suppose so... Well no.. to summarize it I put up my pride and Gren informed me that what had happened was a part of life and to get over it. Also that my hatred towards the basket's parents was unacceptable and that my pride and self-righteous purity pissed him off." During the narration her eyes had lost focus and stared at the little blue child, but slowly she raised her tears-glistening bright green eyes, "No, it did not go well and it was my fault."

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:20 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part three...

"...Continued..."

Paramekia Darkheart
It was at that moment that both Azumoth and Moppet exchanged glances. Mother and son communicated in the most unusual of ways but something rather unique passed between the pair. And so, while Moppet continued to remove the braids from the stallion's mane and tail, he opted to provide the mare with something rather rare - his expression soften and he shook his head slowly. With each movement the wavy mane seemed to cascade and loosen until it drape not only over his neck but across his oddly folded wings as well - hidden beneath his mane, he almost seemed normal.

"Admitting that you have faults is the first step in overcoming them." Adjusting his footing so that Moppet could use his leg for additional support, he kept his gaze focused on the mare. "However, that is only the beginning; it is only when you genuinely - OW!" Shooting a glance towards Moppet he arched a brow as she waved, apparently she'd had to bite a knot out of his tail and had pulled rather hard.

"Is is only when you are genuinely sorry and when you understand the points of view provided to you that you will begin to change." Flicking his gaze towards Moppet, he watched her for a few moments as she clambered about his form to tend to his mane...it was well overdue such care.

"Grencia is reasonable however it remains to be seen as to whether or not your mindset has changed - you are young yet but his decision to inform you of the brutal and hard truths of the world does not mean he is angry." Given the fact that both males were the same age, Azumoth could speak on the wind's behalf to a point, especially when they had the same opinions on the matters.

...Especially when he had suffered a fate worse than abandonment himself.

`Swirly
The stallion had looked away from her to Moppet then back. The feeling, while hard to describe, wasn't pleasant in the least but it also wasn't bad. Her eyes sought out anything to look at except his eyes. He was being so nice, and she had been such a b***h albeit unintentionally... Watching Moppet made his words a bit easier to handle and the shining black mane looked so lovely... Being young made it hard not to want to find small escapes, even if that did continue to put her in the class of well, young.

"Yes, I suppose it is but there's a problem I'll have at least with part of what Gren told to me." Lovey managed to stand up carefully and slowly. Having him looking down at her made it a bit awkward at least from her point of view. Not to say he was "looking down at her" just that she felt like a simpleton at his hooves. She was tired of not being equal to those around her.

"I can't.. I can't admit he was right about the young one's parents. I'll concede that there are other possibilities and that assuming they were ignorant wasn't my smoothest mood... but how.. how could there have been no other alternative Azu? Your lands are so far from others... and it's just I can't do that."

Shaking her mane out, letting the purple-blue mass cover her face for a moment before giving it an annoyed flick backwards, "I'm willing to concede that it's a part of life I'll have to adjust to. Well, more likely what I'll do to prevent it from being a part of life.. but the other issue I can't do... I'm sorry."

The last two words were spoken with a soft sigh. It was like being a failure twice in one day.

Paramekia Darkheart
"There are always alternatives." Azumoth gave his heavy tail a flick, resulting in a squeak from the raccoon hidden within it and released a gentle sigh. "However those alternatives are not always what is best for the child, it varies according to the circumstances." Pursing his lips, his eyes dulled considerably and he offered a shake of his head. It was at this point that he looked so very much older and so very tired.

"For example, if they were born through force and violence their parents or parent may be unwilling to accept it. If they are a mistake, or a mutation then they may abhor it." While this sounded bad to begin with, perhaps a bad point to start on it was clear he was going somewhere with it and would perhaps encourage the mare to keep quiet and to consider his words carefully.

"Some find it easier to get rid of the child but there are those who take their 'responsibility' seriously and will 'embrace' the child." Although he didn't say it exactly, he was speaking of his own past and it seemed to weigh heavily upon his shoulders. "It is no life to live, to be continually reminded that you are a burden and that you were never wanted. On some occasions, to be abused through how you look or your apparent strengths - a commodity as opposed to a living thing."

Moppet had gone very quiet and was looking at her 'son' carefully.

"So you see, it is sometimes better to take a chance and to leave the child. In ways it is a more generous thing to do - death as opposed to a life of torture, a life around those who cannot accept your or want you. If the child is fated to live in accordance to the Great Spirit then it will be found...otherwise it will return to the spirit and await a more opportune time to appear."

"There is always more than meets the eye, and it s perhaps with that in mind that you may reconsider your words ever so slightly."

`Swirly
The stallion was speaking about himself. It had taken her almost all of his own narration before she realized that the way his voice moved, the stillness in the grove, and the sadness that seemecd to loom in the whole atmosphere. Lovey liked to think that she was intelligent, but sometimes it took her way too long to realize what was going on.

Slowly, she stepped forward her green eyes watching him carefully. Her nature, which had been obscurred from the group, was really that of a care-giver. Actually, she had behaved that way because the whole situation had been so extreme that her own reasoning had been blinded by protecting that one little blue baby.

Now would be an interesting reaction... Her own nose felt like it was twitching from her desire to comfort. Time healed all wounds and other platitudes like that one.. Some things couldn't be healed with just waiting.. actions had to be taken. Thinking now of the close-knitness between Azu and Moppet and evne the twins the realization hit her. The whole time she had thought he had "tolerated them" but in reality they had been tolerating him. The three could have chosen to reject him and probably break him for good.

A hesitant purple-white muzzle nosed against his neck softly and only for a brief moment before ducking back and blushing, "Azumoth.. that idea never occurred to me, because the idea that any child could be.. or adult for that matter thought of as a "freak" doesn't exhist in my mind."

How could those people do that to him? to anyone? "That little babe isn't ordinary, even a deaf dumb blind mute could tell that.. and you aren't ordinary, but I don't understand. I'm trying to, but how could you not be loved.. Looks don't make anybody who they are."

Ha. Except for her. "Well.. I look like a big-haired bimbo and act it.. but what're the odds of two people being what they look?"

Paramekia Darkheart
Azumoth nearly reeled at the touch and was very quick to shy away. Gazing warily at her through the cloth shrouding his amber eyes he took a few moments to assess the situation and shook his head. She was young yet and female apparently his mother was right when she said they couldn't help themselves. Tell a sad story, make the women swoon - if Moppet hadn't been very aware of his fears she would have monopolised the entire thing.

"Ask any Kalona." He replied flatly, his eyes narrowing somewhat as he mentioned the very race that had sired him. It was true, he hadn't asked to be born nor could he imagine not being a part of this world but the herd who had abused him had left a lasting impression. His family knew this only too well, the rare moments when his calm visage would crack and he would not be beyond the destruction of anything that came near him.

Even the very name of the breed brought a bitter taste to his mouth.

"While you may not view things in such a superficial light, the majority of the world do and that is how and why such beings are abandoned." He pulled a face, unable to bring himself to finish his sentence and cast a rare and pleading glance towards Moppet who had already clambered across his neck and was stroking his ears affectionately.

"Azu's real momma was hurt by a kalona, baby Azu came out of it." She refused to say the world, after all it was forbidden...but it was obvious by now that Azumoth was the product of a very unwilling union.

`Swirly
Well... That little experiment had proven that she wouldn't be going near enough to touch him anytime soon. Actually, probably never again unless he came close to her first. Hell would probably freeze. Oop. Azumoth looked kind of like she had taken a big ole pin and skewered him to the wall for several seconds before, as usual, he regained the needed control on his emotions.

"I've never really met one of those.." Strange, she had met almost everything imaginable in type of Soquili in the lands but none of them had been Kalona. "I have a penchant for wandering off into places that I shouldn't... I guess I'm at least slightly lucky?" Odd... Maybe it was something she was supposed to do and her ignorant self did the opposite of what was necessary.

"I wish people wouldn't be like that, but I've never really met anybody that behaves that way. I suppose that's all part of my ignorance. " Lovey frowned and shook out her mane. Jesus christ... "I had just thought I was naive but this all is getting to where I feel like a walking dunce cap."

"Yes Moppet.. I understand now.. The topic should be dropped, yes? Or at least this part of it?" She didn't want to hurt any of them.. As Azu's "mother" hearing all of this probably wasn't great. Added in that the twins were seemingly silent.

Paramekia Darkheart
"You are young." The stallion replied simply, seemingly in control as the topic was dropped in relation to his own otherwise uncomfortable past. Although he may have only touched briefly on it, he was more than just a little unwilling to go into greater detail. What he had experienced and seen was beyond those around him - they did not deserve to be subjected to the pain that had plagued him for so long...especially when they were so young as this filly.

Nevertheless, not entirely satisfied with the current situation or the manner in which the mare felt more and more like a foal again, he opted to speak more than he had done so in quite a while. Already his voice was 'cracking' under the strain of it but sometimes, the most unwilling and undesirable of things had to be done for the sake of easing tensions. Granted on most occasions he would have ignored it but he knew what it was like to feel like you were lower and inferior to others.

"You have had responsibility thrust upon you from such a very young age. While others enjoy their life, socialise and grow accustomed to being an adult, you have been forced to take another stance." A wry smile formed on his equine lips, flashing the pearly fangs beneath them. "Before your prime you have been asked to become a mother - it is for that reason that unlike others...you must mature and learn at a much faster rate."

"Yer mind ain't ready for it yet." Moppet was stroking through the knots in the stallion's hair. While her work was almost done she was fully content to let her son be until she was absolutely positive he was in a good state. "Yer mind still dead set on 'stubborn' mode and refuses te come out of it - we all suffer from it, jes' takes a wee bit for it to calm down." She explained and offered a rather fond smile.

"Yes." Azumoth glanced up at his mother and arched a brow. "Due to this fact you are being asked to go against the grain of what you presently consider yourself to be. That in itself is a very difficult lesson but one you must learn."

"Trust me darlin' if ye stubborn ye won't get on with yer kids, be lotsa bickerin'" Moppet giggled, clearing speaking from experience as she had been a very young mother herself when she had had her first litter...it had been an interesting experience to say the least.

`Swirly
Find the right words, well any words really, seemed next to impossible for the next rather awkward few minutes. Moppet was trying to clear the air, she was backpedalling, and while he seemed completely normal the stallion was probably trying to prevent anymore old memories from leaping out into his mind. Oi, and all because of a few sentances? It didn't matter to her though. Wait, that's not what she meant. It mattered, and she understood the other side more now but her stand still stood.

His voice did wonders singing, but the strain of just regular talking made listening, if possible, a bit more awkward. Guilty, yes, that's what I feel. I feel guildty for throwing hime out of the obvious comfort-zone the grove and silence gave and pushing old memories back. Damnit. There really wasn't anything she could do to fix it though.

"I suppose it was "thrust" upon me, but I don't really mind it at all.. Children are one of the very few things I understand anymore." That much was true. She was yet to find a young one that didn't like her or vice-versa, "Perhaps I'll just give up on adults and live my life playing mock-aunt to young ones." The idea made her laugh slightly, running from growing up wouldn't help her. Even if it sounded much easier.

"Ho-hum, my mind's find Moppet-Dear." Correcting the raccoon and reaching up over Azu's head to ruffle her hair up just a little bit, "Well, at least I don't think my mind and foolish pride are connected.. 'else I'll be in for a lifetime of arguing." Laughing lightly she pulled back to go lip at the little basket. "You and I will get along just fine won't we? So long as I don't make you just like me."

Moppet had had problem with her young, "Where are the little ones from your first litter Moppet?" Meeting them would probably be interesting provided they're any where near here anymore.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Ah." Moppet gave a little chuckle and then a heart felt sigh. She had many litters and they had all transformed into fine raccoons who she could be deeply proud of - but they had all moved away and had their own litters not long into adulthood. It had been after her eighth batch that she had decided to rest for a time and shower her remaining son (Azumoth) with love... It was just one of those things.

"Darlin' they all grew up and wandered away te find their own wee tales and adventures." The small smile never left her lips as she began to pat down her still fluffy fur. "I hannae heard from 'em in a good wee while, 'spect they got their own wee pups and I'll turn out te be a grandma hundred times over!" The very thought brought a twinkle to the raccoon's eye, it was clear she loved children.

Still...

"Your mind and pride are directly connected." Azumoth shook his head, conceding that her youth directly resulted in her naivety - perhaps a lack of education had also been the cause. "Pride can only spawn from a corner of the mind, as it directly controls our nature." Lesson finished for the day he unfurled his wing slightly and itched his nose with the spiked edges...Ah, they certainly had their uses for the most mundane of tasks.

"But if you desire to ignore adults...what exactly are you going to do as al the foals grow up, blatantly ignore them too?"

`Swirly
The little raccoon seemed to have gone off into her own world at least for a little while. That couldn't be helped, sometimes when she herself got lost thinking of the little ones she had spent time with and maybe even helped teach a lesson or two. Sure, some of the lessons had been much less beneficial than others, but still worth while...

"Well, I suppose they would have to grow up eventually.. I'm just surprised none of them stayed closer." Hard to say why it was surprising, she had wandered and long long way from home. Actually, to the point where going back was probably nearly impossible to find.

All Well.

Well wasn't her just a philosopher. The temptation to think of some snappy come-back made her nose itch, but what good would it do? He was older and could run rings around her in the insult department. Bah. Down girl, down. "I suppose so.. still.. if they must be connected I'm going to hope they are not connected that well."

Tricky question, "When they grow up they'll probably be like the others I've met and just wander away from me. I'd not ignore any of them."

Paramekia Darkheart
Why did children always stomp their hooves and refuse to listen? The stallion refrained from pointing out that she had contradicted herself and opted to sip from the pool nearby instead. He had never understood how it was done; how a stallion could speak to one with such an age gap between them and still find something in common. Admittedly, there were those that only wanted one thing and naivety was certainly the way to get it on occasions but the others...?

...Maybe the stallions within the Clearings simply didn't mature, whatever way they were brought up forced them to remain children in the mind for an eternity - or something like that. He only shook his head at this, his mind worked in peculiar ways but there was logic behind the madness...she hadn't even been here for more than a day and already he was beyond tired.

Moppet always wondered why he refused to socialise even a little, perhaps now she would understand why.

"Raccoons are curious individuals." He spoke at last while Moppet fiddled with his hair, contemplating which new style to weave the strands into for another few days. It certainly kept her occupied, given the sheer amount of hair he had but it did cause her to become just a little anti-social.

"Staying around one another can often be suffocating, it's in their nature to explore."

`Swirly
Feeling the urge to giggle dance and bubble in the back of her mind it was all Lovey could do to keep her own laughter from exploding out. The group would probably think she had lost all of the very few marbles she already had. Her wording had tripped her up and in the end she had just sounded, dim? Perhaps that wasn't the best reason to laugh but it amused her well enough. "I can't help but thinking I ought to find a home and tie myself to it with a leash."

Probably an odd statement but given her memory of all the places she had managed to wander to in her time here it wasn't really that bad of an idea. Into a this barren land, the land of the kalonas, and wherever else she could stumble. Hell, even her looks weren't fierce enough for her to bluff her way around a full-blown kalona. One look at her be-hearted butt and they'd laugh for weeks. Then eat her.

Shifting over to the basket moreso, contemplating laying down, Lovey watched the stallion and raccoon carefully. "I've not met a raccoon save for Moppet, I think it'd be well.. as you say curious."

"I guess I'm a home-body, the idea of being in the same place with the same people for long amounts of time sounds homey. Although it'd have to be hard to find people in the same mind-set I'm supposing."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Not everyone in a family as the same mind set as one another." Azumoth winced somewhat as his mother tugged the knot out of his mane and released a sigh. She truly was an anti-social little critter when she had something shiny and soft to coo over - if anything it was the one thing that Moppet could change and style, rather it was the only thing she could change about her beloved son. "They simply have mindsets that compliment." He explained, motioning towards Horne and Nono who once again appeared to be in some form of dispute.

As usual, they weren't bickering over anything particularly important but a water fight had ensued and it was a clear indication that they may agree on some things but there were others they just wouldn't ever agree on. The same went for his mother, a fluffy little critter who was so determined to protect all her babies that she would fight off wild lions to keep them safe - or possibly nag them to death.

While all three remained optimistic they were the opposite of the silent and calm façade that Azumoth selected to show himself as. Tall and dark, he was the 'grim' of the group who was masked and complimented by the eccentric nature of his family...While some may have considered them a dysfunctional group, it was clear they were well suited. In all honesty, Grencia's herd was probably rather similar if you took all the members into account - from the woman hating stallion to the mare-mad colt who had recently matured into a fine adult.

"I winnae say ye should shackle yeself te yer family." Releasing a small snort the raccoon glanced up, indicating she had been listening but had selected not to respond. "Some time it be nice te go out on wee walks and have time te yeself, it's jes' nice knowin' ye always have someone to keep ye safe, aye?"

`Swirly
Moppet certainly had agile fingers. Watching the way she worked and reworked his hair distracted her from the conversation just a bit. Unfortunately, sometimes her mind wandered much farther away than she had planned for it to. Her own hair looked awful braided, it frizzed up and refused to sit flat since it had too much volume to be tied down. All in all it was a nasty mess and she hated braid on herself. Right, now back to the conversation...

Lovey moved over to the little birds, not minding the splashing of water that managed to hit her. They were just too cute. Lipping at them softly she grinned down at the two, "Do you guys need to be separated?" Interrupting their fight wasn't her plan she just wanted to know what they had argued about before the water had started to fly justa bout everywhere.

Family? Where would she fit into a family? The idea made her ache slightly as she had nobody who really cared if she lived or died. Caelen was a fun guy, normally whistling and high-stepping to the beat of his own drum, but here recently he had met a mare and probably was off chasing her. In fact, he should have been back ages ago to get her. She'd have to give him a good what-for when she found him. Not that he had to be by her side, just the fact that he didn't come back with any news over her little one.

"I suppose so, it's hard to say how I'll act in a family." She turned carefully and backed far enough away fromt he water to keep her pelt dry save for an exhuberant splash from both sides, "Maybe once I've found a family my idea for it will be more... realistic? Right now it's one of those "maybe someday" things, you know?"

Paramekia Darkheart
Azumoth did know, he understood better than she could have imagined and opting to let the subject drop, he gave a nod in response. It was a simple motion but enough to indicate he was satisfied with her answer. She had dealt with the question, considered it and given a response that he would merit as reasonably mature - apparently she was learning, and quickly.

That was not to say that the trio followed, her words completely evaded them given their own personal circumstances. Such was the confusion of the twins that they exchanged glances, twittered and seemed to consider them carefully. It was enough to keep them still and silent for approximately five minutes before Nono's tail twitched unceremoniously and thrust a tidal wave of water towards his brother...the response was inevitable.

"WAAAATER FIGHT!" Horne shrieked and once again, they dived into the pool.

"Ye'll be part o' a family pretty darn soon ye know." Moppet smiled fondly towards the basket that flickered near Lovey's hooves. During the mare's brief absence the raccoon had become rather fond of the tiny basket - while Azumoth had begrudgingly accepted that it would be remaining in his territory until the foal had emerged and was able to travel. How long that would have taken was anyone's guess!

"And ye'll never look back, ye'll be wonderin' how ye missed it all ye life!" Moppet stroked at Azu's partially braided mane and snuggled against it briefly. It was one of those rare moments in which Azumoth smiled and expressed his own fondness for his family. In time, the raccoon hoped that Lovey would find this type of thing as well - soquili who made her feel safe, warm and whole.

And this raccoon had faith, she knew Lovey had it in her!

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:36 am
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...part three...

"...continued..."

`Swirly
Sometimes Lovey got the feeling, actually, most of the time she felt like there was much much more to Azumoth's story than what she would know. Would she someday find out the truth? Would it be a great big sob story about how daddy drank and mommy cheated on daddy? No, probably not... Azumoth would probably narrate his story then go knock down a few trees. That is if he ever felt compelled to tell her.

And hell would freeze before she'd let her baby hear something awful like that.

The silence in the grove got to where it was more than just mildly uncomfortable before the little birds in the water began to fight. When weren't they fighting? So many questions kept hacking at her mind, and part of her wondered why did she even want to knwo? Soon enough she'd be on her way again and then the little group would probably only think of her in a "remember when that happened" sort of thing.

Damnit! Part of her mind was completely lost and a bit angry at itself. Never in her life had she felt so completely topsy-turvy. Everything before now had been meticulously planned out or not planned at all. Either way it hadn't effected her own happiness, "I suppose I will.. even if it's a family of two." Smiling at the little basket that had popped cheerily at the word "family" Lovey tried to imagine how she'd explain leaving the grove.

Perhaps she'd ask Moppet on what to say, "I worry Moppet.. On what I'm going to tell my little one when it comes time for me to take us from these lands. Azumoth, to me it seems, you've made it clear that you'll want your privacy back soon. In and of itself I'm fine with it, but I just don't know what words you tell a little one.." Moving away from the splashing birds she nosed and lipped at the flames. Heaven help her, life was about to get twenty times harder to deal with.

Did little ones wake up early? Would she have the energy to keep up? What if the being inside the basket had a cruel streak? Christ on crackers, she had to learn how to think less.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Hm, hm, hm..." Moppet paused in her braiding and sat back. Lovey had posed her a very good question and it left her with much to think about. Lovey certainly had a point, children adjusted quickly to what they heard and felt around them. Love, hatred, joy...they grew accustomed to it and to move a child away from such things upon their birth would cause a bit of upheaval...Especially if it had already developed a bond with anyone other than Lovey.

"Well, ye can just tell the little one that she has te go down the slopes for a lil while." Moppet popped her lips and canted her head to the side, "You cin tell her that the Barrens are too dangerous for a little one and that she needs to become stronger before she can come back...Jes' remind 'er that if she goes down te the clearin's then that'll make 'er nice and strong." Offering another of her fond smiles, the raccoon shook her head to indicate she had just as much of a hard time coming up with an explanation as Lovey did.

"While she may be upset -" Moppet paused, uncertain of how to continue.

"Simply ensure her, that we will come to visit." Azumoth finished, flicking his gaze towards the basket. It's condition had improved tremendously in the brief time it had been in the warmth and security of his grove. Nevertheless, the Barrens lacked the food to ensure that the child grew up to be healthy and that was why she couldn't stay...Perhaps the knowledge that the mutant would watch from the shadows would make things easier...

Christ, it had made everything easier as Moppet was simply smiling (with that knowing look on her face) and looked reasonably satisfied with her son's response.

"Ja, cause we'll wantsa play with 'er!" Nono announced midway through his water fight.

`Swirly
One gold star for Lovey please. The light thought flit through her mind for a moment and managed to bring a slight smile to her face. For once she had figured out a question that actually required an answer, not just her being a prat. When it came to the little growing bundle in the basket she'd not mince words or bother with pride. What was best had to be done and thought through.

"I suppose that will do. He or she will probably not understand why we can't travel back and forth daily..." An idea occurred to her, "I could take her to meet Caelen, that would be al ong enough journey as I have no idea where the green monstrocity has managed to get himself off to." Frowning slightly she realized he probably should've been back by now.

"Cael's a child's dream to tease as he'll act like a colt himself, perhaps he'll take the edge off of it's hurt.. and the visits of it's adopted family."

Horne and Nono probably could be counted on to fly and visit with the little foal whenever they got the desire to go out and about. Family values could probably be stitched on some cloth and hung above the door of the grove. Most people would probably find that amusing but once you got to know the dynamics they all worked in unison. Good thing her eyes were already green.

"Thank you Azumoth, I'm sure the foal will want to be visited by all of you and I myself am partial to the idea of the fun I've had with you all around. Certainly it's been a bit err.. rough in places but it's all very new to me, you understand?" Blah, she was probably making a terrible blunder so it's be best to change the subject.

"With the looks of this little basket I can't help but wonder what will happen if you guys try to have a water-fight with the little one." She'd pay to have front row seats to that game.

Even if it meant getting soaked in the process.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Very little I would expect," Azumoth arched a brow as the pair continued to bicker. Although they may have been creating mini tidal waves in regards to their own size, they really wouldn't have soaked Azumoth all that much. Admittedly, he was a damn sight taller than anyone in the grove at this given moment but he had no doubt that a foal wouldn't be too wet either - unless they got involved as well.

...Considering the child like nature of the twins, their influence and the potential naivety of the foal he wouldn't put it passed any of them.

"Naw, kiddies learn pretty fast as it is." Moppet canted her head to the side as Nono vanished under the water and reappeared spluttering in protest. "They know why, they jes' never like te admit it." She continued. Pausing in her braiding, she took the opportunity to observe the little group gathered in the Grove somewhat fondly.

"And I reckon this one will be mighty bright, jes' like yeself!"

`Swirly
Ho-hum, the stallion was so much larger she supposed it would take quite a bit more for him to the be the soaked party. Personally Lovey figured a little water would go a long way as even the little droplets that flew at her would add up. "Sometimes small amounts of something over time can have really rather surprising results." Giggling lightly at the little birds she laughed full out in delight at Nono's disgruntled wet-fluffball appearance.

"I can't help but hope the little one has have as much spirit.. Even if it'll keep me on the go more than I'm used to now..."

"If that little thing has a personality that matches the basket.. Heave help me I'll probably be chasing her in my sleep." The idea had a sweet charm to it, even as the more rounded parts of her frame began to protest. She wasn't a fat mare in the slightest but all of the ponies and horses from her home had been more gently rounded. She'd heard it called "fat" many times.

A great beauty she was not, time to adjust to it?
"My coloring isn't that bright is it?" Laughing softly again she carelessly flipped a blue-purple piece of hair out of her eyes. The rain from earlier had allowed it now to poof up to a much more.. ridiculous volume than usual.

Paramekia Darkheart
"A very profound statement." Azumoth responded, his tone rather flat as he flicked his amber gaze towards the mare. He had been aware of the potential in her, but what she had said was a little of a surprise. While Moppet had always encouraged things to develop in baby steps it appeared that this mare was maturing more and more as the minutes passed by. Nevertheless, he had little else to say in relation to the subject and fell silent once more.

"Oi! I dinnae mean it literally!" Moppet slapped a pa to her forehead and gave a giggle. Clearly, Lovey had taken her comment in an entirely different context than was meant. Perhaps it was due to their different upbringings but Moppet hadn't intended to mention the colour of her coat. "I meant ye be mighty smart, I reckons she be jes' the same as ye!" She explained. With a wiggle of her ears she then scurried down Azumoth's hair and towards the basket (which she then hugged).

"But she be jes' as pretty as ye too, I can feel eet - whatever babe is inside is gonna be mighty special!"

`Swirly
Finding something to say tended to be difficult when the company you were with had very little say also. Now that, time to think of something to say or at least another topic to move onto that could pick up the little family or at least kick up some other miniature squabble. Was it wrong that she wanted to see the dynamics at work even if it meant kicking up a bit of dust. Not to say that the dust was something dramatic.. just something fun... Decisions, decisions...

"There goes my brain again... My mouth sometimes wanders off on it's own well before I have time to realize what I've just said. That too was true enough.. Giggling softly she grinned at the comical gesture Moppet had made, "I'm not all that smart, but I suppose I can't pass up a compliment when it's given without seeming ungracious? As for that little one I've no worries about her intelligence.. as the flames have been laughing at us for several minutes."

Pushing her head out to gesture at the baby, Lovey hoped they all saw what she saw before it stopped. The little blue flames had formed a dramatic theatre mask that was laughing. What a strange habit to form now...

"She'll be something special alright.. but I've a feeling now would be a good time to keep an eye on her. Sooner rather than later It hink something may be popping out."

Paramekia Darkheart
At the popping out statement the stallion twisted his head round to get a better look at the basket. His response had been abrupt and rather surprising for one of his calibre but it was clear that he was just as interested in the little basket as the 'mother' was. Granted, he hadn't seen the theatre mask and to be entirely honest he wasn't concerned as he was fairly certain that the foal inside would do something to the same lengths at another point in time.

Still, given his lack of familiarity with baskets in general, he found he wasn't entirely able to sense what the pair of females could. According to both, the basket was both healthy (he could tell this) and preparing to make its grand entrance, but how they had taken note of the second was well and truly beyond him - it must have been a woman thing.

Nevertheless, canting his head to the side the stallion gave a small snort and lowered his head. Blowing warm air upon the basket somewhat tentatively, he attempted to grasp exactly what had been seen by both women. To see if he could detect that little sign of readiness from the tiny one...

`Swirly
The air that Azumoth blew onto the little basket blew right back into his face. The tiny one inside was in no mood to be blown on. Wait, since when did baskets have a say in what happened to them? Since they decided to emerge. Inside the basket a sort of grumbling could be heard and inside the grove the temperature of the general area began to heat up in bits and pieces.

Time to rise and shine, so to speak…

The blue flames at the base of the basket began to grow a deeper shade and the flames around the edge of the basket began to engulf the rest of the sides and then the top of the basket. To an unknowing eye it would seem the basket and the baby inside had hit the self-destruct button and were going to be rid of themselves. Luckily, the wee one inside had an uncanny knack to not get burnt. A high sweet-pitched giggling began to echo in the grove and continue to grow in volume.

Lovey’s green eyes had grown to be as wide as saucers watching what the basket was doing. Weren’t mother soquilis supposed to be able to keep the basket to remember their little ones with? At this rate she’d not have a little one TO remember. Stepping forward to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Azu. (who had a front-row view) Lovey bit her lower lip and watched the little woven basket.

“OCH!” (her babe’s first word)

Hit the group before a loud and rather explosive BANG!
Shards of smoking and shriveling pieces of basket flew off into many direction and in it’s wake stood a trembling foal.

Her mane and tail were alive with dancing flames. Constantly moving and rippling. The hair around the hooves even held flame… She stared down at the ground for several moments as shaky limbs steadied…

Slowly, two amber-orange eyes raised up to the pair in front of her, “Yer me parents?”

Lovey looked ready to faint.

Paramekia Darkheart
Azumoth had never had someone or something explode in his face before, even figuratively speaking most people didn't even shout at him. Thus, it was no surprise when all he could do was blink. His face might have been charred (given it was lowered on the bang) but the ebony coat prevent that from being confirmed by any means - rather, while looking somewhat surprised...he looked completely unharmed.

The same couldn't be said for his 'family' though. The tiny eruption had caused both birds to fall back into the 'pool' and while they spluttered and clambered out once more with squeals of protest his mother had already taken cover - the words "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" echoing around the small confines of the grove as she did so.

Nevertheless, while his family fought to regain their composure he took the opportunity to observe the foal with his own eyes. Somewhat startled, he found that her eyes were the same colour as his - while not quite so intense the connection was somewhat comforting, that and the white licks of the fire on her mane almost seemed to dance and flicker in a similar fashion to the orb in his chest.

Parents?

He flicked his gaze towards Lovey who seemed more than lost for words, he automatically unfurled a wing and flicked it against her to keep her standing.

"Yes." He responded softly, lowering his head once more to give another sniff. While he blew warm air on her muzzle occasionally he was more interested in growing accustomed to her scent...

`Swirly
Lovey came crashing back to who and what she was with just the soft nudge of the stallion. Luckily, the bits and pieces of the exploded basket really hadn't burnt her hair or too much else on her. The smell of burning fur and or hair wasn't on her highest list of things to mare into a bottled scent. Actually, she didn't think it was the on list at all.

Her mind had probably gone into just a minature shock at the unusual entrance her new daughter had made. Gathering her wits about her she stepped forward and srapped a proctective neck over the little one's body.

"For all intents and purposes little one, I'm hoping you think of me as a mother."

For the little filly it was all a lot to take in. Her time in the basket hadn't been very pleasant up until the past week or so, then it had been warm and full of music and voices. Sometimes the voices had argued but for the most part it had all been nice.

"Weeel then.." The big black stallion that she was sniffing had just been etched into her mind and most likely her heart for a good long time. Shifting she began to lip at him with her small trembling nose. Her mane was blowing around softly in the room and seemed to have shrunk down. It didn't burn the mare that was over her nor did it burn her skin.

"So what's me name?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"I be thinkin' that be a mother's prerogative, aye?" Having recovered from the 'attack', Moppet had scurried out of the ferns and was now sat upon her son's back once more. Suitably comfortable and still very fluffy, she observed the foal in a critical fashion to see if there were any injuries or sign of abuse on her form - after all, she had been abandoned. Much to her satisfaction though there were no injuries whatsoever.

"Indeed." Azumoth agreed, twitching his own nose as he was lipped by the tiny girl. While he wasn't entirely sure of how to cope with a simple show of affection, he didn't immediately shy away and instead he lifted his head slowly to get a better look at the baby from above - well, she seemed healthy and relatively chirpy but the more he looked at her the more he was aware of that dangerous fact.

She had to go back to the Clearings, away from the bitter cold and where she could grow safely.

...Not the nicest of thoughts.

"EEEE!" Nono chirped delightedly as he bounced onto the edge of the pool again and examined the filly alongside his brother. While they had been stunned by the entry they weren't against being nosey after the shockwave had disappeared.

So what was her name?

`Swirly
'Naci probably was supposed to give her mother time to decide what her name was, but since being in the basket she had heard several interesting words.. Why let her momma name her when she had an idea for herself. Now just to tell the group of people in front of her her name, "Ye ken, I think I know what precisely I'd like fer ye all ter call me it's -- Waitaminute, what's that black'n'white thing on yer back?" Soquilis? Okay, she could recognize those well enough.. but the three other odd-creatures in the chilly-room made her rather curious.

Her father had pulled up and away before all of the talking but her mother had stayed wrapped around her. Since he had pulled away she chose to gaze up at him with wide amber eyes. Did he not like to touch her? Oh dear... Wait.. Hadn't she been saying something?

Lovey rolled her bright green eyes and nipped at her daughter's shoulder lightly, "My dear I believe you had planned to tell all of us what you thought your name ought to be." Hopefully her daughter's true mother hadn't called her some ghastly name that she now thought of to be her own.. oh lord..

Even as her mam had been nipping and speaking 'Naci had only kept half an ear on her she had had to say. The world was overly intresting and why keep full attention on one thing when partial attention on many things was about twice as amusing.

"What do ye all call yerself?" Names you know..

RIGHT! She was to be namin' herself, "I'm Ignacia, but I be thinkin' 'Naci works jest as well fer me!"

Paramekia Darkheart
"Me?" Moppet glanced at her fur briefly and gave it a pat down, while it did little good she did give a giggle of appreciation and shook her head. "They be callin' me a raccoon wee one, but me name is Moppet." Shuffling on Azumoth's back, she gave the stallion a pat through fondness and tilted her head to the side, "I be Azu's mama!"

"Indeed." Azumoth flicked his ears at the petting as he memorised Naci's name, if he ever needed to roar for her attention then he would make sure he was heard (and understood). While this prospect was unlikely it was better to be safe than sorry at a later date, granted he would more than likely kill the individual that made him guilty but all the same...

"And tha' be Nono and Horne." She pointed to the birds who gave twitters of greeting, "They be birds, Azu's wee brothers and all tha'!" Delighted at the tiny creature that stood before her, Moppet appeared to be savouring every moment she had with the little one before she was shown back to the clearings and away from the Grove - while it would be hard it was a necessary evil...and it needed to be soon.

It was rather obvious the baby was cold.

`Swirly
Everyday she’d learn something new most likely. Right now she wished she were as big and tall as her dah so she’d have the ability to smell that “raccoon” what an unusual creature to be. Giggling again she smiled up at her before thinking of a suitable response, “Moppet, eh? Weeell I suppose that suits ye. Does me name suit me?” Wait… she was his mam? How in the name of all things holy did that work? “How can ye be his mam? Givin’ birth ter him would be impossible!” At least she was pretty sure of that…

‘Naci rubbed her soft neck against her father’s upper leg. She wasn’t too sure if he disliked her or not but if it was her father then she wanted him to love her. Her fiery mane ran over his skin and fur while a few stray pieces of fire licked around his orb in curiosity. The two managed to meld and work together as best as could be imagined. For Lovey it was a moment of awe, it seemed that father and daughter matched at least in two different ways. The world certainly could be interesting.. Would the little filly inherit anything from her?

“Nono an’ Horne.” She stated the names for the sole purpose of remembering them and hoping that maybe someday they’d all get to play together. “So yer me family. What do we get ter do now?” The time had come.. Lovey’s ears pinned down sadly and she gave mournful eyes to the group. At first she had wanted nothing but to leave.. Now she dreaded it with all of her being.. “Well love, it’s too cold for you to be in this grove. There’s a clearing not too far away from here and until you’re grown we’re going to go visit there.. but I’m sure we’ll have plenty of visitors.”

Lovey turned her eyes to the four and hoped they would back her up.
Would ‘Naci see them again regularly?

Paramekia Darkheart
"Well, see..." Moppet glanced briefly at Azumoth whose eyes remained fixed on the tiny filly at his side. While Lovey was aware of his inability to connect on a physical level, the innocence of the baby would prevent her from ever comprehending. Even so, he refrained from struggling and it was with a small sigh that he lowered his head somewhat and gave the filly the slightest of nudges - it really was time to go.

"There ain't many wee ones up here like yeself." Scurrying down Azumoth's face, the raccoon perched herself along the front and gave the filly a tiny pet, "And we be thinkin' that ye gotsa make yeself some lil friends, more friends ye have the more games ye can play!" Smiling enthusiastically, she didn't miss a beat as her son gave a shake to get her off his face - she toppled unceremoniously into the ferns at that and promptly sat up.

"Tha', and it be a bit warmer for ye, yer coat ain't thick enough to be this high up at the moment, ye know?" Bouncing across the ferns, she then sat down beside Horne and Nono, the small smile still on her lips. Things didn't have to be so glum when they already knew they'd see each other again! Given Azumoth's reaction to the baby, Moppet was fairly certain he would want to keep an eye on her.

"Aye! We be headin' down too!" Puffing up his chest, Horne gave a little smile of his own while his twin gave a twitter of agreement. Ah yes, while Azumoth may not have been prepared to be seen, he could just as easily send his spies out to keep an eye (and to entertain) at the same time.

"Cause we want te meet yer friends too!" Nono added before flicking his gaze back to Naci.

"That being said, given the distance between this Grove and the Clearing, it would be advisable to leave now before it grows dark." Azumoth, as usual, brought the proceedings crashing down to earth.

`Swirly

For ‘Naci all of this was a bit much for the little one to soak up. She was here in the grove with her family, and now she was going to be forced to go somewhere? Hey! Even her dah had given her a bit of a nudge. It wasn’t all that much, but she probably had a lot to learn about him. Her mam gave enough affection to make up for his though. Little nudges and a careful eyes. Aye, her mam was going to be the one to sneak around to go out and have fun.

There weren’t many that were her size here? Well.. Couldn’t she be the first? The pretty mamma-raccoon had a soft paw on her nose and it was all ‘Naci could do not to let the tears build up. “But… yer all me family.. Canna we all jest stay tergether?” Even as she spoke it ‘Naci knew it wasn’t true and wouldn’t come to pass. Bah! Oh! Was the funny little raccoon okay? Taking a few wobbling steps ‘Naci sniffed at the ferns before nodding. Aye… she was okay.

For Lovey all of this was a welcomed relief. Being part of a family so to speak had worn her out to the point of frustration. Horne, Nono, and Moppet kept her on her hooves but the big black stallion just confused her. Stepping forward she nuzzled the top of her daughter’s hair, “You’ll be with me.. And I’ll make sure you meet Caelen, Aely, and others your age.” Weren’t small bribes supposed to be helpful?

“Och! Yew two ‘er goin’ down ter play with me?” ‘Naci beamed and tried to prance a bit but only managed to stumble clumsily around the grove before forcefully stopping, “Oof. I think I need ter learn ter walk a wee bit more, eh?” A few more bumbling steps brought ‘Naci nose-to-nose with her father again. “Ye’ll nae ferget me. As soon as I cin I’ll try ter find this place.”

Serious moment over, ‘Naci bounced a bit, “C’mon mam, time fer me first adventure, eh?”

Goodbyes weren’t fun… but for the time being it was necessary. Lovey stepped forward and bowed her head to Azumoth. Horne and Nono would be leading them, or?

Paramekia Darkheart
It was with a nod from Azumoth (the alpha male) that both Horne and Nono shot out of the Grove, twittering outside excitedly they were more than just looking forward to their excursion. Naci and Lovey were both in luck, the two knew the forests well and perhaps one day they would even show them the way back up the slopes to visit the stallion again but all in all, it was time for them to go for now.

"TALLY HO!" Nono declared in a loud tone, giving his wings a loose flutter as he began to drift down the slopes, Horne circling outside before he began to follow suit. In the care of these two birds, Naci and Lovey would safely make their way down hill, Azumoth would receive frequent news of both and Naci would still have two playmates when not meeting other foals.

All the same, as the mare and her daughter were led away Azumoth couldn't help his jaw tightening just a little. The orb in his chest gave a slight pulse, an indication of his mood and the slight pain that the separation had caused...she hadn't even been there that long!

"I will not," He canted his head to the side, amber eyes continuing to watch as they disappeared from sight, "I promise."

"Gonna be awful quite without those lot, don'tcha think?" Moppet smiled sadly, giving her son a little pat on his hoof.

"A welcome relief, for the time being." The stallion mused, though a part of him wasn't so certain he believed himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:37 am
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...mother's know best...

"...azumoth's 'mother' convinces him to explore, he gets more than what he expected..."

Paramekia Darkheart

"Ye be thankin' me fer this, ye know." Resting on the stallion's back, the raccoon savoured the warmth his form emitted and continued to survey her surroundings. After many weeks she had finally convinced her adoptive son to travel away from the safety of his grove in order to see the sights of the Kawani lands. She hadn't mentioned any form of socialising due to his dislike of the company of others but she had mentioned the exotic fauna and flora at the base of the mountains.

It had been through these weeks of negotiation that she had described each in such vivid detail that her son had finally developed a sense of curiosity. Already matured and very familiar with his own territory, he had never been particularly interested in the outside world but he did have a love for the exotic and the unique... Perhaps he would have explored the lands to a greater extent if there had never been a risk of the 'company' of others - company he did not desire.

That wasn't to say he disliked Soquili, they just appeared to dislike him.

Nevertheless, the mutant had slipped southwards and had descended the slopes in the company of his mother. While she continued to replace and renew the braids in his hair, she also provided him with the comfort and confidence he needed. Step by step, an occasional pause to admire the changing scenery and eventually he had reached the base of the mountains. Still submerged by the shadows of the forest he was able to travel unhindered and out of sight.

...Until now.

"Would this be before or after I am subjected to the scrutiny of others?" He enquired darkly, his amber eyes surveying what lay ahead of him. Now, the forests had broken and he stood upon their edges with nothing except long grass as cover...if he was to continue to explore he was going to have to go into the open.

Urgh.

"I'll beat 'em up iff'n they hurts ye!" His surrogate mother announced defiantly and gave a shake of her tiny paw.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
User Image

It was about time she could get away from that teepee. It wasn't as if the mare hated her teepee mates... well maybe the odd mare with the helmet, but more so along the lines that they pressed one's nerves over time.

So she now found herself roaming some distance away. She needed some time to venture anyways. Ever since being found by the two-legger, she hadn't left the teepee, let alone met another Soquili. It would be nice to see a new face every once and awhile. The fluttercorn hoped that she would as she walked through the tall grass.

Soft golden eyes took in her scenery with a smile, watching a few birds fly by over head. It was pretty serene around here. What was she thinking? It's not like everywhere else was chaos, but she wouldn't know until she ventured that far. But right now, she was content on surveying the clearing.

Paramekia Darkheart
After then.

She hadn't said it but he knew the raccoon wasn't prepared to take no for an answer and thus, with a sigh he thrust himself into the clearing and deep into the long grass. He was a tall creature, very tall indeed but given the sheer discomfort of being out in the open he seemed to be slouching and attempting to make himself look smaller. It was for good reason though, the mutant had already unfurled his wings slightly so they rested below the line of sight and now he was focusing on hiding his fangs beneath his lips. Granted, there was no way for him to hide his horns but hopefully his attempts would pay off - from a distance he didn't look quite so abnormal.

"Ye'll hurt yer back iff'n ye keeps that up." His 'mother' observed from her place on his back, finishing yet another braid as she glanced about her. With the soft breezes rustling her fur she really did feel rather serene - it was nice to get out in the open now and again instead of lurking in the forest all the time.

However, as the stallion drifted up the hidden slope within the clearing he got just a little more than he bargained for. Halting abruptly his amber eyes widened at what lay ahead of him; it wasn't the lake that had stunned him but more the creature that was lurking there. Petite, and yet so very beautiful...it was enough to make something deep within him ache and yet at the same time dread the very thought of being seen.

"No." He croaked to no one in particular, shaking his head as he backed away uncertainly, it was enough to make his mother look up curiously, only to catch sight of the pretty mare herself. It all became clear at that moment and the tiny raccoon bounced up onto his head to stroke his ears soothingly.

"Oi, iff'n she's like the rest of 'em she'll jes' pretend ye ain't 'ere sweetie." She cooed, continuing to stroke the velvety ears as the stallion shifted uncomfortably beneath her. "Sides, iff'n I sits 'ere for long enough then she winnae see yer horns or nothin', jes' keep walkin' passed 'er!" She had a point, there were often soquili who blatantly ignored others as they drifted passed, if Azumoth was truly terrified of being seen there wasn't a great chance he would be seen.

Another grunt and finally the stallion moved forward again; however, he no longer walked tall and instead slunk through the grass in a similar fashion to a predatory cat. The lower he went the less likely she was to see any of his more 'unique' features...In his mind, the less interesting he appeared, the less company he would receive.

And yet, as he began to drift passed the mare he couldn't help but allow his eyes to drift towards the Fluttercorn again. In the morning light, she looked absolutely stunning - her coat shone and her wings seemed to glimmer just as the surface of the lake did...pleasure and pain all at once, now he remembered why he had opted to remain away from society.

"Keep movin'..." The raccoon whispered gently, feeling the stallion pause beneath her - though she already knew why.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
The mare's wings fluttered softly as a soft breeze blew over them. She lifted her head from peering into the grass to feel it flow through her curly mane. A happy nicker escaped from her, that is until some motion caught her attention.

Curiously, she lowered her head back down to the tall grass where she saw whatever it was that moved land. Slowly but surely, her head moved closer to a small 'lump' that clinged to a blade of grass. The mare let out a gasp and backed up a bit when the thing -a grasshopper- leapt up and landed in another location.

When she realized what it was, the fluttercorn smiled and leapt after it, curious to see if it would jump away again. A pout graced her features when it didn't, but just nudged it so it did and jumped after it again.

After a few more of this, her ears swiveled in the direction of something making it's way to her in the grass. She stopped chasing after the insect to look in the direction it was coming from. Was something moving? She wondered as she tilted her head slightly.

"What could that be?" She asked herself. Whatever it was has long since stopped, but she made a cautious step toward it.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Oooh." The Raccoon sounded somewhat bemused as the Fluttercorn began to move in their direction. Although the she was aware of the stallion's anti-social nature she was also rather accustomed to his like of all things beautiful. Whether they be fauna or flora he had a love for them even if he wouldn't speak with them and this young lady did indeed appear to possess the qualities he admired so much.

...That and the raccoon could swear they had the same eye colour as one another. Well, given that Azumoth's amber eyes were quite unusual he was bound to find this tiny point a blessing - they actually had something in common.

Clearly, the stallion did not agree and with a grunt he shied away from the approaching mare and began to move uncertainly away. He wasn't that far from her, but given his own grotesque appearance he was rather uncomfortable with the distance and the risk of being sighted. Although a part of him craved the attention his more 'logical' and disciplined side would never dream of placing her in a position of encountering one such as him - her beautiful eyes and mind would be marred forever.

Oi, if the raccoon could read his thoughts she would be more than a little frustrated at the drama king! Nevertheless, taking all things into consideration she opted to 'break' her word now that the young mare was so close. If anything, it would be rude to run away now after gawking at her.

"'Ello there!" She cooed and waved a paw.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Ayanna blinked when she lost track of what was moving in the grass. Was here eyes playing tricks on her? Was she going crazy? She didn't think she was, noticing a large dark 'patch' in the grass.

Then another thought hit her. What if it was some sort of predator? She had heard from her two-legger that there were horses out there that fed upon the flesh of other horses. How horrifying! What if this thing was one of them and it wanted to eat her?! No... she was too pretty to be eatten!

She blinked. She shouldn't make herself paranoid... although the situation could be what she was thinking on. Even so, she had to keep her cool. Besides she wasn't too pretty to be eatten, no one was.

The mare shifted to take a step closer to the area in the grass she expected something or someone to be in. Hearing something call out to her though, caushed her to let out a squeal of fright and jump back. At the sight of a small paw waving to her, a look of confusion appeared on her features. Slowly she walked closer, just enough to see a racoon ontop of... something dark. "Oh...hello there." She replied softly, giving the creature a warm smile.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Well!" The tiny raccoon placed her paws on her hips and feigned offence at the squeal released from the mare. To be honest, the critter had been expecting it given that her 'son' had been drifting across the Clearing in a somewhat predatorial fashion. "I knew I was 'avin but I dinnae know I looked tha' bad." She mused, although from the bright smile on her lips it was clear that the raccoon was more bemused by the response than offended. At least this had proven that the mare had a bit more intelligence than the other lil 'ladies' that wandered about.

"Sorry 'bout tha', me son here..." She motioned to the black shadow beneath her as the stallion kept his head bowed and out of sight. "Was jes' takin' me te the lake and 'E be a tad shy." She explained. Resting her paws on her thighs again she gave her ears a twitch and took a few moments to admire the mare - she really was a pretty little creature.

"We be sorry we scared ye but we couldnae 'elp but admirin' 'ow ye look, ain't tha' right Azu?" She chirped patting the black bulk beneath her rump. She didn't receive anything particularly coherent in response, only a grunt as the stallion kept his head low to the ground and eyes trained ahead of him - bloody sociable raccoon!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Seeing the raccoon's reaction, Ayanna bowed her head in apology. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. You just caught me off guard." She told the masked creature, bringing her head back up.

When the motion was made to underneath her, the mare's golden orbs followed. Son? She thought, tilting her head a bit. Taking another step closer, the form took better shape. Oh, so this 'shadow' was a horse. But why was he hiding like that? She couldn't help but wonder as she looked back to his 'mother'. "Oh, I understand, the lake is a wonderful sight. It's also very refreshing if you two happen to be thirsty."

She had looked back in the direction of the lake when she had spoke of it, smiling as she looked over the glistening water. But hearing the raccoon's statement, she blinked and slowly turned her head back. "Admiring how I look? Really... why?" Now, she wasn't really the type to be shy about her looks, but a small tint of pink couldn't help but show around her cheeks at what was said.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Oi!" Moppet placed her paws against her fuzzy tummy and canted her head to the side. She hadn't really taken offence at the statements made but the girl certainly had manners if she was prepared to apologise to a raccoon! Her actions were enough and the motherly critter warmed to her immediately, particularly when she blushed - Moppet's response was to smile almost slyly in return.

"Well ye see, me son 'ere was rather captivated by yer lovely visage - mesmerised 'E was!" She announced. Granted, he had been rather captivated by the pretty mare but he wasn't prepared to admit that... Moppet may have loved him and beamed with pride as he roamed the Barren lands but he hardly thought her feelings would be echoed. "Ain't tha' right, Azu-baby?" Moppet continued.

"No." The stallion replied gruffly from within the grass, shifting his weight uncertainly to the point that the leathery and kalona-like wing flashed briefly. However, catching his own misstep he was quick to adjust his stance to hide it once more regardless of the discomfort it caused.

"But Azu-baby, ye be hurtin' her feelin's if ye lie!" Moppet rolled her eyes towards Ayanna as if to say 'men' and then offered a rather large smile. While her son may have been exceptionally anti-social, the mother most certainly wasn't and given the rarity of the mare's appearance...well; she was going to be one very nosey raccoon!

"Well I thought ye were stunnin', even more so up close!" Wiggling her ears she extended her paw as if to pet the mare's nose in greeting. "Moppet's me name, and this be Azu...he dinnae talk tha' much."

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
The more and more she heard about how captivated the raccoon's 'son' was by her, the more curious the mare got about him, as well as embarrassed. Was he really that shy that he couldn't even say 'hello'? She wasn't going to question it, not wanting to embarrass him or anything, but the thought will hover in the back of her mind.

She jumped when the stallion finally said something. It wasn't that she didn't know he was there, it was more at the tone of his words that startled her. Her ears had flattened slightly when he denied what the raccoon stated, but smiled at the look the 'coon gave.

With a nod, she replied, "Thank you, I greatly appreciate your kind words." Seeing the paw being reached out, she brought her head down and touched her nose to it. "It's nice to meet you both, I'm Ayanna."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Oooh, what a pretty name!" She cooed, clapping her paws together she leapt to her 'feet' and pattered closer to the mare. Balancing precariously at the peak of Azumoth's shoulders. Had he lifted his head up she would have scuttled across to hang on his horns but alas he was proving far more stubborn than usual this morning. That being said, her squinted eyes and twitching ears were enough to point out that she really was fascinated by the mare.

"How ye get wings like tha'? I never did see anythin' like that up in the barrens!" She pointed out. Granted, she had seen feathered ponies, leather-winged ponies and normal ponies but never ponies that looked like butterflies! "We jes' got yer average non-winged ponies and the occasional bird-like one." She explain before petting the unseen Azumoth and grinning. "Only Azumoth is special 'cause 'e got wings like a bat and he's nocturnal like they are - which might be why 'e bein' mighty cranky as 'e ain't no mornin' person." She explained.

However, at this it was enough to cause the creature beneath her to tense. While she hadn't said the word 'kalona' any sane creature would have leapt to the conclusion and with a disgruntled snort the stallion finally lifted his head. With a flourish of two-toned scarlet and black braids, he lifted his tri-horned head to turn round and glance at the raccoon in a rather peculiar manner.

...It wasn't an outwards 'I will kill you' look, it was something along those lines.

"See, that weren't so 'ard, was it Azu?" Moppet enquired as she began to clamber up his head and closed towards the mare once more. It was only then that Azumoth flicked his gaze to Ayanna and pursed his lips, fighting hard to hide the fangs underneath.

"Mmm." Was his only response to the beautiful mare.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Ayanna nodded when he replied to her. She couldn't help but look at how interesting he looked. She never seen a soquili that looked like that before. She was unaware that she could be staring, and if she was, she would have to apologize.

Her eyes softly scanned over him, or at least, what she could see of him. Mainly the horns and the red object covering, not helping but to wonder if that was some sort of clothing or actually a part of him. Slowly, the fluttercorn found herself lowering into the grass. The mare wasn't sure if it was because her legs were getting stiff from standing, or if she didn't want to seem like she was 'standing over him'. Either way, she nestled herself into the grass, being careful of her wings.

The silence was a bit odd, until Moppet spoke up, in which she glanced back to her. At the raccoon's statement of wishing she had wings, the mare giggled, nuzzling into the small paw. "That would be a sight to see, a flying raccoon." She meant no harm by her comment, just found it rather amusing.

When the query of where she lived came up, she looked around for a moment. The mare was looking for where she was exactly before giving an answer. After she figured it out, she looked back and replied, motioning her head in the direction. "I reside in the clearing, not to far from the mountains. I'm not too sure if the area has a name though, no one has told me if it did."

Paramekia Darkheart
It was as she began to lower herself to the ground that a flicker of worry crossed the stallion's features. Always capable of standing for many hours at a time, he found the prospect of one with weary legs to be troublesome, particularly in a location that he deemed to be rather dangerous. Thus, before his 'mother' had any chance of responding to the flying raccoon comment he had already released a snort and had lowered his head somewhat to get a better look at the mare - any sign of illness..?

It was clear that the 'cloth' was not a part of him at that point, rather it draped itself lazily over his eyes and wings. A blessing up in the high mountains where it was rather cold, not so much in the clearing when the sun assaulted his ebony fur and the temperature began to rise abruptly. Nevertheless, he didn't complain and instead shifted his weight somewhat to prevent the majority of his braids from falling around his face (it would only weigh him down more).

"Are you alright?" He enquired uncertainly, his expression somewhat difficult to read given his discomfort in the company of others but obvious concern for the mare's well being. It was one of those rare moments in which his own concerns were cast aside - although he wasn't entirely certain as to how he was going to lift the petite mare up if she was ill, he would need to take her to the lake for water after all...

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:29 pm
User Image

[.RP LOG.]
...remember me...

"...the ghosts of the past return to haunt the fiery mare as news of those she loves reach her through the telling north winds..."

For the purpose of this RP, the following colours will be used;
Grencia
Yei Umeko
Aegis

Please do not post in this teepee until this self RP is completed. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:36 pm
"As tolerant as you may have been, you fail to realise one important truth..." Flicking her ears, the feline slipped through the rocky ravine and drifted upwards towards the mare. While Spring had already reached the Clearing below, the tell tale signs of winter still lingered in the highest regions of the mountains, a gift from the spirits that wandered through the fog upon the peaks. Most soquili had migrated, disappeared down the slopes as mating season had come into full swing and yet her companion still insisted on remaining on the slopes.

...Such a peculiar mare, and she had grown worse following the disappearance of the strange stallion that had made her acquaintance during the winter months.

"You never allow yourself to become vulnerable, Yei." At last coming to rest by the mare's feet, the snow leopard turned her own azure gaze towards the lush habitat that lay before her. With the coming of spring the lands were transformed, and this feline couldn't help but marvel at the beauty that lay before her. "You make it impossible to connect, to come close and in turn you scare those with potential away."

The disappearance of the stallion had been strange, but the affect of the news the winds had carried on the mare had been startling. As cruel and insulting as she may have been to the winged one, she seemed more than a little worried.

"His disappearance came as no surprise, a creature can only take so much but what came of him is unfortunate."

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:47 pm
"He fell from the skies, Aegis." Her eyes drifted towards the cat that now rested by her feet. She had seen so many birds twist and dive in the sky, had watched as on occasions they brutally assaulted one another in an attempt to be the dominant. Never had she once thought that perhaps if two Wind soquili, or those capable of flight fought, that they would end up far worse off than the birds.

I saw his wing... The hawk had been adamant, positive he had seen the stallion in combat against another. While the mare hadn't believed him at first, the hawk's description was not hard to misplace and she was forced to face a surprisingly painful truth. Snapped, limp - he fell! Fell right into the forests.

She had gone in, she and Aegis had moved swiftly upon the news. Yei could never have explained why she had felt it was necessary to move so swiftly to the side of another but her search was in vain - he had disappeared. Completely. Aegis had tried to grasp his scent, but the scent of another had masked the air and they had been forced to abandon their search.

Until a lion came in contact with Aegis and the pair had been talking...

Kalona, a dark one...He took him.

No sooner had Yei heard that news than she knew that he was gone. No Kalona would have allowed an injured wind to pass them by, it was the perfect opportunity...Following this realisation, the mare had been at a loss. He had been her only company following the decision by her herd mates to move away, they had desired to be closer to their mates which was perfectly acceptable.

...But so very lonely for her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:54 pm
"He was a bird, what more do you expect?" Twitching her tail, the feline continued to look out across the horizon and towards the forests below. As tempting as they were, the heat of the forests would trouble her and thus she was forever forced to endure the slopes - well, not really...Yei had pointed out on a number of occasions that there was no difficulty in swimming in the lakes below, but that required effort.

"You've grown soft, Yei." The words weren't so much an insult as an observation. The feline could recall when they had first met, the mare suffering from amnesia and completely disorientated - she had been a mare without friends and had lived at such. Never once at the mare struggled, she'd grown familiar with her territory and had guarded it. She had conversed with those around her but not once had she craved attention until that faithful day.

...They had all come one after the other in a relatively short time; Cloud, Paramekia, Venom, Biscuit and of course the infamous Grencia. While they hadn't stayed for a great deal of time, their continued presence and the company they had provided (though not always appreciated) had left her wanting, now she understood what she was missing.

It was no surprise to the cat, no surprise that the mare now craved company. No doubt in time she would grow to be alone once more, she would adapt to the hermit lifestyle but for now the loss of every individual near her teepee had come as a crushing blow that had left her staring out across the Kawani lands in an almost expectant fashion.

"The fates are sometimes cruel, you cannot let them defeat you." Releasing a purr, Aegis glanced up towards the mare who had once again turned her gaze elsewhere. "In your own words - he was just another male..."

Wasn't he?

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:09 pm
"He wasn't..." Yei's lower lip trembled ever so slightly as she kept her gaze ahead. She had doubted herself for so long in this, often considered it a game played by the fates ad spirits. A cruel game that was simply there to highlight how incompatible they were and one that she couldn't even escape in her dreams. However, as time had progressed and the dreams had become progressively worse she had been forced to face the truth.

...They made sense.

She had always told those she had met that she couldn't recall anything prior to her fall from the cliffs. She honestly couldn't, the bumps and injuries she had sustained, while bad, were not as bad as the emotional trauma - she had inadvertently locked the memories away. While the dreams had been bitty, they hadn't made sense and had never come in order she had been able to link them up.

"He -"
Shaking her head, she shook her forelock ever so slightly so that it had her eyes from view, anything to hide her expression. "A long time ago he and I were friends, in a herd that roamed the other side of this range." She smiled faintly as she recalled the herd, rather extensive it was surprising she had forgotten it but she was coming to realise something, or perhaps everything...

The herd had always been divided, there had been the Wind Soquili and those who were 'ordinary'. For the most part, the herd lived in harmony but there were a few Wind Soquili who looked down upon those without the additional limbs. They had made comments, discussed the concept of 'pure blood' and had viewed those who 'cross bred' with disdain - this was where her dislike of the Wind Soquili had come from, that inexplicable dislike.

"I idolised him."
She released a sigh, tilting her head somewhat to the side, "For all his faults, he was always so nice to me." Nothing had ever come of it, he had been of the type who had two types of friend...those who were normal and those who were not - he may have been able to handle the disdain but in the past she wouldn't have been able to.

There was no way.

And then it had happened, while migrating from the northern lands to the south she suffered an accident that would ultimately shape her into the mare she was known as today. Charged with the responsibility of ensuring that no foals fell over the ledges on the way down the mountains, she had fallen down herself. Ironic as it may have been, her shrieks hadn't been heard above the roar of the winds and the foul weather...

She had called out after that, brayed in the hope that one of her herd would hear her but they never did and no one ever came. Tired and alone, battered and broken; she had drifted into a tainted sleep that had only be interrupted by the two-legger that had discovered her. That had been no cruel game by the fates, he had cared for her well and without him she wouldn't have survived.

She'd only been three, so young when it had occurred and the fact that her herd had never come back for her had left a lasting impression - she had never known the full extent of what her herd had done and how far from the truth she had been.

"I forgot." She confessed, "All of it."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:22 pm
Now it made sense.

"You wish you could have said sorry, don't you?" Aegis' expression transformed into one of empathy and she pulled herself to her paws. She had known the mare had been plagued by horrendous dreams for the last few weeks but she had never realised what they had entailed. The mare had never divulged, only stood in silence as she continued to look out across her lands. For quite some time, she had been nothing more than deeply troubled or was it confused?

"They say the spirits know, Yei." Aegis hadn't been one for religion, she viewed a lot of things in a sceptical manner and thus she took the idea of miracles very lightly. However, as the mare struggled to come to terms with the news she had received not long ago, the cat had finally conceded that the mention of old wives tales were of comfort.

"I think he knows that you are sorry." She continued before releasing a sigh and rubbing her cheek against the mare's foreleg. Beside her, the mare shifted and released a snort. "If all else fails, you could always call out no...it's not as if anyone other than me is around." Smiling lightly, the feline had to admit that the thought of the mare braying to no one in particular was amusing but at the same time the release would be a blessing.

Epine de Rose

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games