Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 553 554 555 556 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JewJewBeans

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 pm
Tansy stood at the top of one of the tallest buildings of Knoxbough. Her eyes closed as she felt the nearly constant wind flow through her hair and wings. She opened her eyes to watch all the small specks that lived their normal lives stories underneath her. She let out her breath slowly as she pitched her body over the edge of the building, and began free falling down the side. She felt the tears stream down her face as she spread open her wings at the last second and caught the wind.. hard. She grunted as she shot back upwards and back into the sky. She made her way into the could cover before she finally stopped and wiped the partly frozen tears from her cheeks. Her breath was short and shallow as she hovered in the cold air for a few moments before she made her way back to her make shift home.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:54 pm
Deora set her back down beside her bed and used it as a footrest as she sat down and took a bite out of the cookie. "Well, I grew up here in Knoxburgh, but as you could probably tell by my accent, mi familia is from Mexico. Mom and Dad moved here just before my oldest brother was born."  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:01 pm
As Justine walks by the end of the table, a small robotic cats hums to life. It stretches it's haunches as though it had muscles to exercise, and looks up at Justine. It drops to the floor and trots up to her cautiously and looks up with a metallic meow.

Gidget's eyebrow twitches at the mention of that name. Shane had been calling her that since he had been brought in. "I'm not here to argue with you Shane. I need your brain. There is a woman here who doesn't have eyes. A meteor fragment was lodged in one of them and surgeons opted to remove them both. I can build the necessary prosthetic, but I need your know how to make sure I can properly augment them to her brain."

Shane storms up to the window and slams his hands on the glass. He shouts, "You've got a lot of nerve to ask me to help you. Why should I help you? What have you done for me besides take my sister's soul hostage? "

Gidget approaches the window and says sternly, "This isn't about quid pro quo Shane. This is about using our minds to give a blind woman sight again. Can you even remember that Shane? Do you remember when you believed in helping your fellow man?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm
Justine let out a small cry when she heard something whirl to life. She paused at the strange mewing sound and looked down at it. "Well... Hello there..." She tilted her head to the side as she lowered onto her knees and looked at the strange robot cat. "Did Gigdet build you too?"  

JewJewBeans

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 pm
The robo-cat sniffs at Justine and sits back on it's rear. It's tail makes a clicking sound as it sways behind it, it gives another mew and moves it's head up and down in an affirmative gesture.

Shane glares at the machine. He wants to break through the glass and destroy it. Yet there is something itching in the back of his mind that realizes it is right. He sighs and moves over to a computer terminal. He cracks his knuckles and spends ten minutes clicking and typing up what Gidget needs. He clicks once more and shuts the terminal down.

He walks back up to the glass and places his hand on the glass. "It's done. If there is nothing else you can put me back in my stupor now."

Gidget closes her eyes in sadness and whispers an apology before moving her hand over the panel again. The gas starts to fill the room, and she covers her mouth as Shane returns to his bed.

Unknown to her, Shane had just executed the first step of his escape. When he pounded the window he had separated a part of his biomass and had it crawl through the ventilation duct on the same wall as the window. It was now making it's way through Valhalla, searching for something to consume and replicate.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 pm
Trinity wakes up feeling re-energized and refreshed. As she started getting up she found she had a crick in her back. "Well, the good news is I don't feel as tired as I was earlier" she stretches her back and starts twisting a bit to get the kink out. Slowly but surely the pain faded. It was obvious that it wasn't the first time that this happened. She took her purple cup that was sitting next to her purple tooth brush and filled it with water taking a long drink. She then took a long look in the mirror to make sure she looked decent enough for dinner. Trinity turned on the light in her bathroom which was hooked up to the fan which in turned was hooked up to the ventilation shaft. She continued looking wondering if her landing back here left any marks or bruises.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:06 am
The the fleshy bio-organic mass slithers it's way swiftly through the ducts. It stops over Trinity's room and slides over to the edge of the shaft just over the spinning fan blade. It could feel something below, something strong. It needed something that could bypass the security system. For now, though, it can't squeeze through the fan without destroying itself. It squeezes down, and waits.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:47 am
After thorough inspection she was done no marks. She turned off the light which caused the fan to slow down and left the bathroom. She looks at her side of the room for a moment simple and neat. While Gidget's side had a bunch of crumpled papers with ideas and drafts of models she had in mind. She paused a moment and thought,One of these days I need to get that girl a folder  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:01 am
The slithering bio-mass waits for the fan to come to a complete stop, then slides down the shaft and over the lip onto the ceiling. Silently it slides along, quivering slightly as it anticipates a chance to consume Trinity.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:49 am
The woman tilted her head and looked at the robot. She had to admit, Gigdet was super good at what she did. She had mentioned earlier it was part of her power. She smiled at the cat and stood up, sighing and looking around, before she moved back over to the bench with all the other things on it. She felt... nervous. knots forming in her stomach. She began to play with her fingers, her hair, anything to to calm and clam her suddenly racing nerves. She hoped that Gigdet would be back soon.  

JewJewBeans

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:54 am
The Robo-cats ears perk up as his creator enters the room. Gidget kneels down and pets the little robot as it approaches her. "Hello R-2. Did you say hello to our guest." It looks up at her and mews, something almost like a smile shaping on it's metallic muzzle.

Gidget stands and sighs, "Sorry that took so long. Mapping the brain isn't easy." She plops down on a chair and pulls up what Shane created out of her inbox. She looks it over, taking everything in. The gears in her mind start to turn, and then she has it.

She taps the table the computer is sitting on. It stutters and slides back into the wall, which in turn opens and folds out in front of Gidget. Gears, screws, nuts, and various other building materials of all shapes and sizes are laid out before her.

She takes a deep breath and raises her arms in front of her like a magician. Her limbs open up and release a cavalcade of wires and tools that start picking things up and assembling them in a flowing almost wisp like fashion.

Gidget looks over her shoulder while the limbs do their work and says nonchalantly, "So tell me about yourself. Have you lived in Knoxburg your whole life?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:39 pm
"Yeah, pretty much." She laughed softly, then sighed. "My parents were murdered when I was nine for their wallets." She laughed again, but it wasn't the same. "I was brought to the police station and they were all so kind to me. They helped me find my new family. And at first I was angry. But after I got older, I understood. And I guess.. it was that same night my parents died that I knew that that was what I wanted to do." She smiled sadly. "I barely worked five years before all of this happened..." She sighed once more. "What about you? How did you become a ghost in a robotic body?"  

JewJewBeans

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:15 pm
Gidget's tendrils pause for a half second, then continue on their way. She thinks about how she wants to answer this without sounding too grim. "I was in a fight, and I was killed. One of my powers is to merge with machines. I guess it was a survival instinct that kicked in, and here I am. At the time I was wearing a battle suit of sorts, and I just kind of popped into it. I've been transferring myself into different bodies ever since."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:43 pm
Trinity had the sudden chill that someone was watching her. She looks over her shoulder to where the biomass was but doesn't see the bio mass. She shook her head and shrugged it off and thought she was being paranoid she starts heading toward the exit and said to herself, "Maybe I'm working too har-"  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:44 pm
The biomass scrunches down and springs at Trinity with a high pitched gurgle.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 553 554 555 556 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games