Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lands of Imagination (RP Guild)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay guild where everything is possible! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Action, Horror, Adventure 

Reply [26] Survival
Running On Borrowed Time (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone interested in this roleplay?
  I am! c:
  Not me. >:c
  Bugger off, muppet! D:<
  The faces got me, sign me up! xD
  I'm doing this so late but I can't sleep because of some foppish insomnia. x-x Halp.
  :{D Moustashio!
  I'm just here for the potato. (::)
View Results

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 am
Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
☢Just Another Day Here:☢ The Hospital
☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ Loretta, Freyja, Nitori, Cain, and Xenia.
☠And I'm:☠ Trying to figure out what to do now.
☠What’s On My Mind:☠ I feel like I'm missing something...
☠OOC:☠ ((More posts to follow, stay tuned. Unless I have to go into work... then it'll be a bit before the next slew of posts. In the meantime, feel free to post if you're in the group with Wilhelm. Otherwise, please hang tight- I'll get to the posts soon! [Sorry!] :c))

It was clear that this was a much more uncomfortable situation than Wilhelm had planned for, but what did he really expect? No one would just spontaneously agreed to such a rash adventure without properly acquainting themselves with all of the information present. He was hoping that more people would be able to speak up about mutated infected... he felt as though there were more kinds than he knew about. The City held much different kinds of infected here than the previous City he had been in where he had met Loretta and Nitori. His eyes flicked over to Freyja as she began to speak. He was impressed by the information she gave, although he heard nothing of the mutated. He nodded in agreement with her statement of the movement of the zombies. So someone else had been paying more attention to that than he was. To be fair, he had just found someone he never thought he would see again. At least someone had been paying enough attention to where they were headed. That certainly would not bode well for them on their trip. As Freyja finished, he looked to see that both Loretta and Xenia were silent. He didn't expect Nitori to have anything to say, but he smiled when he saw her nestled against Loretta. He had missed the child dearly.

Then it was Cain's turn to speak. He listened to the newcomer with great interest as he began to state the reasons of why it was a bad idea. The boy had a point, but at the mention of a lack of weapons Wilhelm only grinned. That was his little secret, but it would soon be revealed to all. He had a plan, but he stopped thinking about it at the boy's comment about reanimation. He blinked in surprise, wondering if the boy was mistaken. He had seen many fall to the infected, but never saw them spring back up. He had even seen some of the corpses still where they were from weeks prior. Perhaps the boy was not aware of this. Perhaps the others weren't as well. He had certainly spent a good amount of time alone after the first City, and in that time he had found out a great deal of interesting information. He had been to the Mall alone before, and even with it being crowded with infected he was able to move his way around the back passageways carefully enough to survive. His comment about the time left in the day was the most valid of all. Nightfall was worse than a building full of zombies. The infected never rested, always patrolling the streets and buildings. In addition to that, they had an uncanny ability to find survivors in the dark.

Once everyone had finished speaking, Wilhelm let a breath go that he had been holding. "That's good, thank you all." he started, "I must share some information with you all before proceeding any further in this plan." He took a pause and stood, slowly pacing back and forth across the room as he spoke. "Whatever virus that has caused these corpses to reanimate is no longer in effect." He let that information sink in, knowing that it probably sounded crazy. "When you die, you no longer return to life as one of the infected... you simply no longer live." He frowned a bit as he remembered parts of his evidence. "I have seen some people eaten by the undead; I have seen some beaten to death. Whatever was left of their corpses never returned to life. There are still some of them rotting away in the streets and in buildings, left alone by humans and zombies alike. In fact, I saw a man recently killed in the Mall only a few days ago. If we return, we should still be able to find his body where they left it." He sighed a bit after his morbid explanation, coming to the point of it all. "What I mean to say is that we will not have to worry about reanimation. The zombies are dead once they are struck down- well, except for Brawlers." he noted, as if an afterthought. "As for our limited daylight, I agree that it is dangerous, but we may not get a better opportunity than today. The infected seem to be clearing out, heading somewhere else. From what Freyja has said, I can only assume that it is the Theater, although I'm not certain."

"On that note, I need to speak of some of the mutated infected, in case there are some of you unaware of them." He scratched the back of his head and stopped pacing, turning to face them all. "There are two that I know of for certain, but I have a feeling that there are others. First is a very large one with abnormally large clawed hands. These are very strong and can pick up speed easily in a charge. Other than that, they tend to be rather slow. They can also spring back to life after they are killed, staying alive for only a minute at most. This is the time in which it is most dangerous. The second kind is a zombie that seems as if it were... skinned. These are very unpleasant to the eye and can be picked out from a group easily. These will actually consume the flesh of the living. I find them to be much more dangerous than the normal bumbling zombies." With that said, he scratched his head again and addressed more of the boy's concerns.

"Although there are probably more survivors out and about, we cannot be sure that they are friendly or will join us. I have run into some mercenaries before on the streets who were willing to kill for supplies." He picked up a water bottle and took a sip before continuing. "I love the idea of getting more people, but to do that we would need to take the time to find them as well. That would also take a toll on our limited supplies. I also have a game plan." With a smile, he spun around and walked to what appeared to be a large medical cabinet. He unlocked it and swung it open, revealing two rows of automatic M4 assault rifles with semi-automatic and automatic capabilities. He turned to face them with a grin and gestured to the cabinet. "This is good for weapons, yes?" He was immensely proud of the collection, especially since he had stolen it from a mercenary caravan. He didn't care if they missed the weapons or not. He also looked over to his bed. "Underneath my sleeping arrangements are a generous supply of ammunition for these rifles. We can use thee for self-protection at the Mall."

Then he stepped back towards the group and gave them his plan: "If we cut through the City hugging south, we can avoid the majority of open places and known infected gathering spots. Once we get near the Mall parking lot, there will be a stairwell that leads to an alleyway we can use to approach the Mall closely without being seen. Then, we can enter through the Maintenance Causeway and use the shipment tunnels to get to the stores we want. This is the way I went in my previous trip, finding very little problems. I have also marked doors that hold food and water behind them with a red X, and the ones with ammunition with a blue X." He felt very accomplished about it, but he hadn't even finished that job before he had to get out of there. "I only know of a few places so far in there, but we can certainly find others. We can even take the time to stop at other places since we will have numbers and firepower." That was all he had to say though, so he sat down with the group.

"As I'm the one offering the mission, I will exclude myself from the group vote. I would like each of you to vote to either stay or go. We will oblige the majority vote. Does this sound fair to you all?" He waited for their answer and vote- it was all he could do now.

Wyrda Stenr

SillyMissMilly

Xelyn_X13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:12 pm
User Image

Dylan Reynolds

☢I'm Not Hiding, I'm Living:☢ In the City Streets
☠Group:☠ Liam, Zach, and Emma.
☠Get Pumped:☠ Trying to figure everything out.
☠I Hate Thinking:☠ This is a nightmare...
☠OOC:☠ ((...))

Of course. The big guy was mostly silent, but just now moved to try and console the boy. He wasn't aware if they had any relation, but they did have a similar look to their faces and hair. Whatever, he didn't care. He was interested in keeping the big strong kid around for protection, but he wasn't liking that it came with what seemed to be a living zombie attraction- the kid was kinda loud. He was a bit surprised by her initial response, probably as surprised as her when she heard his request. Even so, he looked around to make sure that no zombies were being attracted by the kid's slowly softening wails. Then came her snippy response question, and he was able to put two and two together. She thought he wanted her around to take care of the kid. The one he barely knew and didn't particularly care about. Why did everything have to get so damned complicated all the time? Why did Emma have to leave in the first place? He couldn't say that he didn't see it coming after the incident in the gym, but still he had kinda hoped she would stick around. His first retort was a long tired exhale. He ran his hand through his hair before looking back at Emma.

"Hell no." That was the first thing out of his mouth. He didn't care at all how it sounded, he wanted to make sure she knew that he wasn't being a complete a** and trying to use people. It also was to emphasize the point that he had just met the tyke. "I barely even know who these people are; we just met. Although the big guy took that big zombie to the ground in pretty much no time flat, so I'm not really complaining about him being here." He pinched the bridge of his nose and waved his hand emphatically to give the body language that all that wasn't really important. "It doesn't really matter. You're here. You're SMART. I'm.. not." The last words he uttered were very soft and paired with a frown. He did not like to admit that to anyone, especially girls. Then he picked his head up quickly and said, "I need someone I can trust to help come up with a good game plan. All I really have so far is a place to stay and some supplies. I was planning on heading to the Library soon anyway."

Then he looked over to Liam and Zach. "I guess I have them as part of my group, too..." he said, unsure of if it was true, good, or bad. He shrugged and added, "Besides, you're pretty cool and... I want to help you out if I can." He held his hands up, stretching them before putting them behind his head to rest there. He wasn't really sure what to do. So he turned around to Liam and said, "Hey big guy... Liam, right?" He was hoping that this could all get very nice and orderly soon. "Can you get your kid brother to stop all that racket? He'll only make more problems for us if he attracts more zombies." Then he turned back to Emma, hoping she would agree to stay.

[[OOC: Defining moments for the small group. It makes you wonder how things are going to go.]]

Wistful Flame

MarukawaBubbleGum

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:27 pm
Yoshielite
Survivors Affected: Liam, Dylan, Emma
Name: Zachary
Encounter Type: Companion
Danger Level: Low

User Image

NPC EVENT- Zachary

Today was a really bad day. They found people, but not his Daddy. They were attacked by a big monster, and it made someone dead. Then the other stranger killed Buddy. Liam knelt down and patted his head. His hand was big and it hurt a little, but he stopped crying. The other two seemed angry about something, and Liam was being pretty quiet still. Then the big boy told him that he didn't know what would happen to Buddy. It seemed like so many people got killed around him. Why him? Where was Daddy? The boy was pretty pale and shaken with everything that had happened. Zach had stopped all of his sniveling and whimpering when he realized that he was getting on the other people's nerves. He didn't know them, but if they were annoyed then maybe the Liam was too. He looked back down at Buddy and poked him. He really was dead... but he had to make sure. Poor Buddy.

The boy stood up and tapped on Liam's leg. "Can you carry me?" he asked quietly, trying not to make much of a sound anymore. He wanted to cry, but he was really scared. The other boy said that crying made more monsters come. He just wanted his Daddy. If Liam obliged, he would climb up and ride on his shoulders again. This time he wasn't laughing or talking. He stayed quiet and wouldn't say anything unless he was asked to.

Wistful Flame

MarukawaBubbleGum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 pm
Survivors Affected: Esmai
Name: Varyn
Danger Level: None

User Image

NPC EVENT- Mysterious Survivor

One by one Varyn searched the rooms of the safehouse for Esmai. He was happy to oblige in the seemingly tedious task of searching each bedroom one by one. He didn't want to bother shouting around for her; he was certain that she would become afraid and assume that something was wrong. He decided to patiently bide his time with the solitary search. After searching a large amount of the guest rooms, he curiously wandered over to the old folks' bedroom that he had long avoided. He always left it as it was, not wanting to offend the good-hearted people in any way... even in death. Their room was for them. He had decided that when he took it up as a permanent residence. He reluctantly walked up to the doorway, peering in... and there she was. Sitting on the bed and swinging her feet with a carefree expression on her face. He silently lifted up the camera and took a picture of her. There was a flash of light and a click as the small machine captured Esmai's image and translated it onto a small photograph that popped out by Varyn's hand.

It looked funny to him as he grasped it; he wasn't used to seeing his hands. He normally saw gloves and the camouflage of the Ghile suit when he looked at himself. It also felt nice to be out of the suit in general. It got pretty stuffy and hot in that useful contraption. He stood there and looked at the picture for a moment, wondering if he would miss this survivor if something were to happen to her. He had known that pain only twice in his life: Lindsey, the woman who was like a mother to him and Sarge, his mentor on everything survival and zombie-related. Then he looked up to Esmai, wondering if she had felt the same pain of separation and loss. If she were to look at his face, his expression read that he wanted to say or ask her something. Soon that look also faded away and he turned away while telling her, "I was thinking about going out on one last search before nightfall. If you want to join you can."

With that, he walked away and then donned his Ghile suit again. It felt better to have it on than to be without it. He felt safer: both from zombies and humans. Then he placed the mask on his face once again, completing his enigmatic outfit for his wanderings.

[[OOC: Perhaps we should go searching...]]
Wistful Flame

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:01 am
    User Image
    E S M A I x "E M" xL E S U R E
    spacespacethe awfully lucky foreigner

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Esmai paused half a moment before the quiet was more or less cut short. A blooming flash accompanied by a click startled her and she jolted to her feet. She faced the door with her head tilted to the side, soon piecing together just exactly what that was. She questioned the presence of a camera in the current situation with a disgruntled glare directed at the device. She was among the people with a mannerism to not appreciate having their picture taken. Not to be vain, but she was fairly certain that the focus of the photo was her, as well. She wasn't sure how comfortable that made her, but trusted that there must have been a good reason for it. She crossed her arms loosely in front of her and quietly walked across the room to inspect the camera's origin. She knew already who it was, that was obvious as hell. The mystery was what had given Varyn a reason and what exactly was he doing with the picture. And the camera. That struck a odd chord, but Esmai just moved on. She felt like she was putting too much thought in it.

She opened the door further to expose the both of them fully. Esmai eyed him a second. This time both the mask and the suit were gone. He seemed bare without them, compared to what she was used to. It had to feel good to be free of that thing. He was done looking at the picture soon and met her. She gauged his face for anything, an inkling to what he was thinking. If she had to guess, she thought that he had a question. Maybe something important. That was always the case was him, wasn't it? Seemed like it from the get-go. Her expression was expectant with one arched eyebrow on him. He removed his expression and whatever was on his mind, he wasn't saying it. She doubted what he had been thinking was the last search. After watching him walk away, she backed into the room again. She really didn't want to go back out again. Hadn't she tested her luck enough? On top of that, it was so late in the day. Was he worried about scavenging because the film was ending before long? That was worthy thing to fret over. Esmai found sense in that. That didn't mean she wanted to go, though. She looked at the jacket on the bed. If she didn't, she would be alone for a while. What if something happened? Either to her at the house or him on the search? Esmai knew herself. She knew that if she was alone for too long she was going to have some sort of panic-induced fit. With a sigh, she slipped on the jacket and her bag. Of both evils, she preferred sticking with Varyn.

She straightened the blanket on the bed where she sat and left the room almost exactly the same it was when she entered. In a different room, she unpacked a few seemingly useless items from her bag. They weren't in dire need at the moment. A lot of what she carried were things she didn't even pack. The bag was flatter when she sprung down the step a few at a time to meet with Varyn again. She was going with him on one last search, she determined.

ooc: on the search!

Yoshielite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:54 am
Danger Level: Moderate, (7 infected)

User Image

The survivor had ignored her frustrated look, simply opting for silence. The air about her seemed fairly annoyed with what he had just done, so he left and said he was going on a search. He hadn't heard her following her so he assumed that she wasn't coming. After donning his usual get-up, he walked out the door and fumbled for his keys. He saw movement, quickly looking up and holding a hand to his pistol- it was only Esmai. He let his hand fall and smiled behind his mask. Perhaps she wasn't so pissed after all. No, that wasn't it. She probably didn't want to be alone. Lord knows that he did, but he still let her follow him around. Did he really want to be alone or did he really want her company? That was a weird question. He had always been alone and wanted to continue that life. Still, he didn't want to let people die. She was... what was she? To him, to the apocalypse, or to others? Again- another strange question. He wondered why all of those things suddenly popped up in his head. He shut the door and locked it, ending his endless train of thought abruptly. He turned around and looked at Esmai for a moment before trudging off in the direction of the Library, completely ignoring the Apartment, Office, and City complexes. He had spent enough time around those areas to confirm their desolation.

As they walked down the street he stayed silent, putting the photo he had taken into a small manila envelope and sealing it again before returning it to his satchel. He added the camera to the satchel as well, leaving his hands and neck free of items. As an afterthought, he removed his rather large hunting knife from its sheath and continued down the street. He took his steps with ease, not bothering to be stealthy. He was running out of time, and he needed to confirm what he had been suspicious of. In addition to that information, if he could find any other survivors he would try to get them out of there. He began to wonder about his companion for the time being. He felt almost bad about pretty much dragging her along with him. She didn't seem to want to be alone at any point, even in a safehouse.

In an alleyway next to them, a small group of zombies noticed the human girl and walking bush move by them. Since they were together, the zombies assumed them both living humans and wandered out of their hiding place to follow them. Varyn had a lot to think about, and now he turned to look at Esmai. "Did you even want to come along?" he asked, although it was uncertain about which time he was referring to. It could have been about the time he had found her or for their newest excursion. He was always talking vaguely, and as such it was mostly hard to answer his questions. Then he proposed a new question: "If we were to find more survivors, what w-" His voice was cut off by a groan and a swift whack to the head, temporarily stunning him and knocking him off his feet. A zombie had taken its opportunity and succeeded. The other shambling corpses closed in on their flank towards the two of them while the first one raised its hands to assault Varyn again. The survivor had time to put up his hands and flash his knife out groggily at the zombie, hoping not to be hit in the head again. He blinked the dizziness away, hoping the disorientation would not last much longer.

[[OOC: Oh, poor Esmai. If she's uncomfortable with photographs in general, then she'll be very uncomfortable with the reason for the photo.]]
Wistful Flame

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

SillyMissMilly

Vicious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:26 pm
User Image
User Image
“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.”

In addition to the information she provided, three very valid points were made: zombie vs. supplies count, time, and group size. Though she didn't agree with all of the man's views on these subjects she had to commend him for actually having some kind of brain. Looking out the window, it would seem that they had 4 hours of solid daylight with a dimming 5th. If they were smart about it, they had enough time to get in and out before sunset. On the other hand, she had no idea what kind of state the mall was in and she always preferred to stay in a small group if she had to be in a group at all. Alone was too dangerous, but a large group, though strong, had it's downsides too. “Too many people and you will attract too much attention, or better yet make too much noise and wake up a banshee,” she said as Wilhelm agreed it to be a good idea to bring more people. Looking around at the faces of the others, namely Nitori's she decided it would be in all of their best interest to explain to them what she meant by what she called a banshee. Rolling her eyes behind her blindfold, she was a little exasperated at just how much she needed to share but spoke up once more, “I'm sure they have other names, but they are these weak zombies that are, like Wilhelm explained, mutated. They have wings and enjoy curling up out of sight and sleeping. If you wake one of those up in the mall we are as good as dead. They scream louder than anything I've ever hear and I wouldn't be surprised if you went deaf listening to it. Zombie's flock to their screams so it would only be a matter of minutes before they began closing in.” When she was finished speaking she wouldn't say much of anything, only look upon the rest of the group as she contemplated whether or not it was really worth going in with these people.

Though her head didn't move her eyes did, slowly, examining each person in the room, sizing them up and trying to figure out the best way not to get herself and the child killed. To start there was Wilhelm: well equipped, self-sufficient, combat capable though injured, low risk, Loretta: Combat capabilities unknown, injured, medium to high risk, Nitori: very high risk, the medicated man: health issues, smart brain, unknown combat skills, low-medium risk, and finally the completely unknown woman sitting next to Loretta: medium risk. This told her to leave Loretta and the child here, however Frejya wasn't about to let the girl out of her sight, especially after hearing that Loretta had lost Nitori once before; this deemed Loretta unreliable in her eyes. She also highly doubted that Loretta would agree to being left behind, or separated from the child. All of this led her to asking herself how much she needed that lye... No, she wasn't leaving without it, she couldn't, it was detrimental to her way of life, her survival and -looking around the room at all the people- her sanity. She hated being anywhere near anyone, especially when there was more than couple and five far exceeded two. Frejya began to feel a little trapped, as though she were an animal who'd backed herself into a corner. Unfortunately there was no escape now and she could only hope for the best.

Using her tactical skill she tried to help come up with a game plan.
“We have four hours of pure daylight, that gives us one to prepare and get there, two in the mall and one to get back. It seems that Wilhelm will be the one directing our movements as he knows the place best,” as she said this her head turned more in his direction insinuating that she was looking at him. “You will need to give us a basic layout if were are to do this, it sounds like there are indeed supplies there and this may be our only chance to get in and out of there safely,” she finished. Now that she was done putting forth her opinion, argument, and suggestion she would go quiet once again. Though she hated working with people, especially men, she wasn't stupid, she was realistic and took the safety of her life very seriously. If anyone suggested something she thought would get them killed she'd be more than willing to tell them so.

With that all said and done she began preparing herself for the task ahead while they debated whether or not to go through with it or not. Mentally she began checking off everything she had on her and what she should take with her. Opening her backpack she took out anything she wouldn't need and placed it near her rolling duffel, out came the batteries, matches, a sewing kit, a mini propane tank, shotgun slugs, her rifle ammo and the lantern along with most of the heavier food she had in there. This left her with her usual inventory and a couple small snacks and drinks, ammo for her newly acquired .22, rope and a first aid kit. The hunting knife and sheath she slipped into and affixed to the top of her boot. She also moved the ammo for the .22 into a small handmade leather pouch that was securely attached to one of her belts, filling the two mags she'd picked up at the apartment complex so they were ready for quick reload. With one in the chamber and 17 in each mag she had 18 sound suppressed shots already loaded, and 34 more ready to go. Once she was done organizing her things she would load anything still sitting out into the duffel, putting the batteries in last.

Mood: Ready

Yoshielite

Wyrda Stenr

Xelyn_X13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:34 pm
    User Image

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Esmai didn't mean to sneak passed the survivor or spook him. She naturally was light, as were her footsteps. While she wasn't afraid of being shot by him, she raised her hands in mock defense. She imagined that he wasn't so amused behind his mask. He seemed ready to go alone. That was kind of his thing. She almost regretted taking that away from him. It wasn't his idea to stumble on her that morning and drag her along. She must have really been wearing down his patience. With his mask on, she had very little idea if this was true. It wouldn't be the first time she was someone's burden. Would he be happier if she took off at some point? She felt like she got him into unnecessary amounts of trouble and it was only their first day. In her mind, the cons of carrying her around outweighed whatever pros there might be. Which she didn't like thinking about. She took a deep breath and pushed those thoughts out of her system on the exhale. Those weren't good to keep bottled up. Besides, she probably just making it worse in her head. Probably.

They were walking a bit hastily, if Esmai had to say. She could hear his footsteps and they weren't exactly sneaking. Being used to the rushing an silence to avoid attention, she felt out of place. Then again, maybe they found themselves a that pace because of the nearing night. It was still hours away, but it would be great to be back in the safehouse before time was entirely gone. What were they looking for this time, anyways? They had sufficient enough supplies. Did he even say they were scavenging? The thought of exactly what he said and examined it. He only said a search before nightfall. A search for...? Thinking back on it, that's an odd way to say gathering supplies. Em began to question the goal of this search silently. She still wasn't suspicious of Varyn, despite all the valid reasons she would have to. It wasn't polite to cross-examine the guy when he had already done so much to help her. She constantly kept in mind that he could very easily leave her for dead at any moment.

She didn't notice the zombies who focused on them. They must have been a painfully odd looking duo. Walking shrubbery and a tiny lady. The way they were going about was also an alarm to infected that they didn't fit in. Esmai, too wrapped up with her own thoughts, didn't detect the skulking zombies. Her companion broke the silence before they did. She glanced at him. Initially, she thought he wanted to know about this particular trip. The answer to that wasn't complicated, but she wasn't sure what the answer would be. She thought about it. No, she didn't want to go. But she didn't want to be alone even more, so yes, she wanted to go. Or was he talking about in general? From all the way back to that morning? The answer was nearly the exact same. Yes, she wanted to follow him. It was her only option that involved surviving and she wanted to have someone with her. At the same time, no. No, she wanted everything to stop. The stress was daunting constantly now that she was aware of the reality of the situation. Since she didn't blurt out her answer fast enough for him, Varyn moved on to his next question. It was going to be something about survivors, if they found any. He was cut off so rudely by an incoming zombie struck him from behind. Hopefully Esmai's lack of attentiveness wasn't rubbing off on him.

An alarmed Esmai bounced to the side to add distance between herself and whatever just happened. She wasn't far, still in arm's reach. That was definitely a zombie. Her immediate reaction was not to shoot, but her did find the pistol. She looked around quickly, noting the number of infected stumbling towards them. The closest one, preparing to lash at Varyn again, was the most dangerous so far. Fighting the urge that told her to run, she drew the gun. Her friend didn't look too good at the moment; it was apparent that she was going to have to fire. The attacking zombie was in close range and it would pretty hard to miss it's head at that distance, at least she thought. If he didn't take care of it before her gun was raised, she would shoot for herself and hope he could help. There were a number of infected also closing in, though none of them were very fast.

ooc: oh, oh, best not tell her. or do. she'd have a ball with that

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:51 pm
Danger Level: Moderate, (7 infected)

User Image

Varyn was not in the mood to be toyed with. Not now- not when he happened to be outside of his comfort zone looking for survivors. If they were here, any living person in the City was going to be killed in the next forty-eight hours. Why did he have to go outside, and why did she have to come with him? Why did she follow him in the first place? Was she simply a weight for him, or was he simply a survival tool for her? He blinked and tried to push away the strange and disconnected thoughts as the disorientation faded from his mind. His eyes were less blurred and stressed, but it sounded like he didn't have much time. As it brought down its arm at his head, some shots rang out from above him. Good, Esmai was helping. A body fell on him without any intent to harm. He easily shoved it aside and kicked out, taking one of the zombies down to his level. Reaching out, he sliced into the face of the unsuspecting undead. It growled and reach at him with an angry punch. He blocked the blow and stabbed out again, this time reaching into its skull. The blade cleaved the head open and stopped at the base of the brain atop the spine. It gurgled and died, leaving him to remove his blade without remorse. This whole event completely enraged the survivor. He had not been stuck by a normal zombie since the day Lindsey found him. He had never let one sneak up on him before. NOTHING HAD CHANGED.

The survivor sprung to his feet and watched as another zombie succumbed to the bullets launched from Esmai's gun. Without warning, he launched himself at the nearest two, driving his blade into the face of one infected and placing his barrel in the mouth of the other. He yanked the one by its mouth to face another and fired, sending both of the undead corpses to their rightful place in the ground. Today was not the day he would die, and he would NOT be tolerant of any mistakes he had made. The last zombie standing was the most unfortunate of the lot. Varyn holstered his pistol and sent a swift punch to the zombie's face, making its neck get partially tweaked. A kick to its pelvis followed suit, sending the zombie to the ground with an aggravated yell. It thrashed about and willed itself to attack the survivor, but was pinned to the ground. In his fit of frustration, Varyn cut the zombie's head off its shoulders and got up with it, punting it down the road like a kickball. It probably seemed like an amusing scene, but the survivor was livid: not with the zombie, not with Esmai- with himself. Was he getting careless? Was he distracted? What had happened to him?

He decided to walk forward without another word, this time back to his normal silent footwork and quick pace. His eyes once again searched the alleyways and buildings for any signs of infected or movement. Today was certainly not his day.

[[OOC: Hm. The decisions... and poor Esmai. She's probably wicked confused with everything going on.]]
Wistful Flame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Condition: fine

All brawn and no brains? "That's jock for ya."

Maybe her spiteful remark was too much. Ema was behaving more sour than she recalled ever being before. Perhaps she hadn’t had company for so long that she forgot what her own personality was like. This new self-realization was both sickening and surprising. Who knew she could be so blunt with her opinions.

Still, Ema wasn’t treating this situation so half-heartedly. She knew groups were stronger. Just like the wild, animals lived in packs. They fought together and survived together. But she wanted to be part of a pack of lions, not prancing zebras whose colors attract predators everywhere.

Ema could see something far in the distance. Blurred figures of zombies were appearing slowly in the horizon. She glanced back at Dylan then toward the street where she was originally headed toward. Finally, she began to remeasure her options.

Think Ema, think. What should you do.

With them, there was shelter. She’d have people to help keep watch during long nights and possibly days. If she were to leave now, she’d have to go back to the small house on Mill Street. By the time she’s halfway there, it’d be dark already. Nothing was worse than traveling blind through the shadows. The library was conveniently closer. Plus, Dylan said there was food. Maybe she could hang around just for tonight, see what she can scrounge up and benefit from this, and leave early morning. The boys would be dead asleep and wouldn’t know she left. That didn’t sound so bad a plan.

"Fine. This decision better not get me killed." Ema said.

Wistful Flame

Yoshielite

MarukawaBubbleGum

Generous Phantom

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:55 pm
        User Image

i'lltrycodingL I A M x - x M A E L W I N E
              iholdnopromicestothecodethoughthe brawns lacking brains

: . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . :

LOCATION: Outside, Streets XX HEALTH: Incredibly hungry, otherwise fine XX COMPANY: Hatchet, Zach, Dylan, Emma

So, was it only the girl with brains in the group? The way Dylan worded himself sounded as if that was so. Liam still thought he was pretty smart. That wasn't saying much, but at least he was smarter than that bread loaf. He continued his quiet until the other man faced him and Zach. He was aware of what he had been saying before, what he was actually listening to. There seemed to be a plan formulating. He had nothing to add to it. That was going to be the norm soon enough. But if they had supplies somewhere, they had food. Eating would be great. However, with his size, he could eat endlessly. That wasn't the current issue.

Dylan was talking about him and the kid. He confirmed that they were now a group, thus sealing his own fate. Liam was following him until further notice. This made the dolt grin. Liam almost had to check if he was the "big guy" Dylan next referred to. He nodded a few times to confirm his name. Liam was him. He was Liam. But... Kid brother? Confusion flashed in his eyes a moment before looking at Zach. That must be the kid brother. He was quieting up. He would eventually have to mention that he wasn't related to the kid. That they had met just like how they just met these two. Exactly the same. By the kid yelling for the stranger's attention.

Liam still wore his smile when Zach tapped his leg to get his attention. He immediately nodded and lifted the kid with ease. Up to sit on Liam's back he went. He waited until the kid was situated and steady before bringing his hands back down. There, no more crying. Problem solved. He felt a bit triumphant in that, to be honest.

Liam didn't understand the remark the girl made. He cocked his head to the side, thinking she was going to explain. he did not. He was stupid. The smile didn't falter. There must have been something positive in the comment made, he was sure. On top of that, after a minute of her quietly processing something in her mind, she spoke up. She would be staying. That was fantastic! The group was even larger! Plus, it had someone with notable intelligence. Not just another numskull to add to the bunch.

ooc:

MarukawaBubbleGum
Yoshielite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:58 pm
    User Image

Esmai cringed away from the recoil of her own gun numerous times during her shooting. It was good that her friend was getting to his feet soon. She wouldn't have been able to down all the zombies herself. She had no illusion that she might even be mediocre with a gun. She needed practice with it. A lot of practice. She was no prodigy with the contraption. That didn't stop her from trying her darnest with the stumbling infected that he had yet to face. Speaking of Varyn. He was absolutely furious. It was almost frightening how he acted towards to undead. She could understand that he wanted to down them just as much as anyone, to save themselves and put the dead to rest, but how he went about it was violent. More so than she had yet to see him. All she'd seen before was him giving them quick, clean deaths. She supposed these were also quick and relatively clean... Rather than scrutinize the destruction as he moved from zombie to zombie, she shot down what she could. If she could be a help at all, it was worth it.

Turning around to see the last zombie fall was a mistake. Esmai had a nice view of Varyn welt the final zombie with more strength than it occurred to her he would have. The zombie could have already been weakened by possible decomposition, but the way it's neck bent awkwardly after the strike was unsettling nevertheless. Despite that, she found it hard to look away. He forced the zombie to the ground with another swift kick. Was he taking it too far? He had his gun. He could just shoot it. Give the zombie, who was once a walking, talking, living, breathing man, a respectable death. That's what Esmai saw in each and every infected. They were monstrous in their current forms, of course. They were dangerous and were clearly out to destroy the living. But they were at one time human. They didn't spring from absence. They all had names and families. This made it hard to shoot them. Even harder to watch Varyn end the zombie's miserable attempts to fight back by removing it's head cleanly off it's shoulders. Not only that, but lift it with the audacity to kick it as if some ball in a yard. Esmai wasn't amused. She was upset. Not directed towards anyone or anything. Just upset to see all that. On the bright side, the soft sounds of the head rolling to a stop in the distance, the scents of putrid flesh and blood, and what had been the zombies' gargling voices weren't making her sick like they could had. Her stomach was being obedient for once.

Esmai followed behind quietly. That was certainly an event. Would it have been differently if she had just stayed behind? Without a doubt. He wouldn't have let anything sneak up on him. As guilty as she felt for that, she put a effort to keep face composed. He was enraged without a doubt and didn't need her moping behind his back. She wanted to let him fume in silence as much as she could. Hopefully nothing dramatic would reveal itself on the trip.

ooc: She's so confused about so many things

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:43 pm
User Image

Dylan Reynolds

☢I'm Not Hiding, I'm Living:☢ In the City Streets
☠Group:☠ Liam, Zach, and Emma.
☠Get Pumped:☠ Trying to figure everything out.
☠I Hate Thinking:☠ I hope this works...
☠OOC:☠ ((...))

Thank God. He didn't believe in all that nowadays since the world had literally turned into hell before his eyes, but the expression was still useful in expressing his relief. The little kid had shut his trap, and zombies would now not be aware of them unless they were seen by the walking corpses. Emma had agreed to stay, albeit a bit hesitantly. Okay, really hesitantly. He couldn't blame her, she seemed to really want to be alone all the time. He seemed to only be keeping her in place, as if he was trying to cage a bird. He sighed in his mental contemplation of his misgivings and choices. Then he snapped out of it and smiled, looking back to Emma with a reassuring look. "No prob, I won't let that happen." he assured her. He was serious, too. He would die before he let something happen to her.

He clapped his hands together once to signify his approval of how everything was coming together. "It's pretty late in the afternoon, we should get inside." He looked to Emma before turning to Liam and Zach. "Hey Liam, I'm gonna need your help with that cart of supplies over there. It's heavy as hell." He walked over to the cart, pausing as his eyes rested on the mutilated corpse of Alex. He hadn't relized it, but he had tracked some of Alex's blood with his shoe a few paces in his walk to the cart. There wasn't enough blood to make an entire trail to follow, just about three and a half steps of his right foot. He grabbed one side of the cart and waited for Liam to help him push.

Their trip would start off nice and easy, no zombies in start. They didn't have much of the distance left until they reached the Library when a few zombies saw them walk by. There were only three in the group of zombies, so the odds were much in the group's favor. The Library was visible ahead, and at their pace they would probably reach the Library without having to deal with the zombies. Still, the presence of the zombies could draw others if they looked like they had enough purpose. Dylan was vigilant, catching them in one of his periodic glances. "Guys, we got company: three of 'em coming over from that dumpster." He was really calm about it and kept pushing, hoping to cover the distance to the Library with ease.

[[OOC: They might find a walking bush within the end of the day or the next day.]]

Wistful Flame

MarukawaBubbleGum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:56 pm
Survivors Affected: Liam, Dylan, Emma
Name: Zachary

User Image

NPC EVENT- Zachary

Liam probably hadn't noticed how cold Zach was to the touch because he probably didn't give it any thought... or maybe couldn't. Zach was shivering every once in a while on Liam's back, scared at everything that was happening, and silently mourning the loss of 'Buddy'. During their trip he would be silent, worrying about 'Buddy' and the new dead manuntil there was a new announcement of zombies. He was scared, but he was more afraid that he would make his new friends mad if he said anything or started crying. He shivered and held Liam a bit tighter, trying to hold back tears. He felt pretty safe with the big boy. He was definitely cold though. The zombies trudged onward at a leisurely pace, not able to catch up with the survivors on the move.

[OOC: Sorry this post is so short, there's not really much for him to do but be whiney and annoying if I make it longer.]

Wistful Flame

MarukawaBubbleGum

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:17 pm

User Image

Varyn walked away from the carnage that lay behind them; both in direction and in the past. His mood slowly regressed back to apathy as his reaction began to fade away. He didn't mind the fact that he was still alive, nor did he mind the fact that all the infected were dead. Esmai was alive as well, so they had survived the whole ordeal with no casualties. He wasn't pleased with himself for letting his guard down and being struck by the undead- a normal one no less- but he was fine with the overall outcome. He wasn't really hurt, the shock and dizziness had long wore off by now. The only thing with a mark on it was his pride, but he shrugged it off as if nothing had happened. She seemed to be rather quiet and reserved for once, so that was good. He had felt like she had been far too clingy since she had found out his name. She needed to think of him as something other than a human so he could think of her as just walking living flesh to protect. Anything else would just complicate things.

After passing by several more buildings without being interrupted, he turned his head back slightly to check on Esmai. The girl was obviously troubled but trying to cover it up. He shouldn't care; whatever it was definitely wasn't his problem. The survivor sighed inaudibly behind his mask and then slowed his pace to match hers so that he was by her side. "Something's not right in this City anymore." he said in a low voice, breaking the silence abruptly. He had taken a pause between his sentences to gather his thoughts since they would probably make him sound like a paranoid madman if he didn't explain them thoroughly. "We're going to need to get out of here as soon as possible. If not with others, then just the two of us." He had made it a statement, not really giving her much of a choice in the matter. "They won't show anyone mercy: women, children, it doesn't matter. It was only a matter of time before they found this City." Screw explaining it. Hopefully the mystery and fear that went along with it would be more than sufficient for her not to ask questions.

As if things couldn't get any worse, a howler bumbled out into the middle of the street ahead of them. It was definitely novel to Esmai, very tall and slender with a good deal of its bones showing through the tears and holes in its skin. It's mouth and jaw seemed to hang open indefinitely, revealing an oddly large maw. Without hesitation, he lifted Esmai into his arms with a quick "Ssh." and slipped into a nearby alleyway. He waited there for a noise with bated breath. There was no yell. It hadn't seen them... yet. He could hear it shuffling around in their direction. He put Esmai down and ushered her out of the alleyway and onto the next street over, leading her to an alleyway diagonally positioned from the one they were previously in. He began to make his way like this across various streets, detouring from the skittish mutated zombie. He was fine with not killing that one- they didn't have time to deal with whatever could have gone wrong. Once they had gotten a significant distance from the Howler the survivor took to the streets once more, no longer slinking through the shadows.

As they rounded a building, he turned around and stood in front of Esmai. He had spun around so quickly that he wouldn't be surprised if she walked into him or jumped in surprise. Those seemed like the two most common reactions of hers. He wasn't blocking her path out of spite or a need to talk: there was a man lying in a pool of rather fresh blood up ahead in an open area between the School and Library. He couldn't see anything to cover the body with. His head twisted and turned curiously as he seemed to be scanning the area, all the while keeping himself between Esmai and the corpse. He knew this dead man; it was a familiar face. It was a shame that he had died on his back and stayed that way. He must have been traveling alone- his mind stopped in its tracks as he saw that some of the blood was tracked away from him. The survivor walked over to the body and knelt by it, examining it out of suspicion and concern.

There was only one foot of the foot prints, missing the left foot. He looked up at the dead Brawler and its injuries. It had been overpowered... with an axe of some kind? The wounds that lacerated its back and sides were small enough to be an axe, deep enough for an axe, and certainly looked vicious enough. A stalker lay on the ground a bit away as well. It had been bludgeoned to death. There had to be at least two more people in this scuffle. He looked back at the survivor and pulled out the small manila folder. He rummaged through it until he pulled out a photo of the survivor, writing "KIA" in red marker on it and placing it in the larger folder. That folder was getting far too crowded... people didn't know how to survive.

He closed the survivors eyes and looked at the wounds. They were definitely caused by a Brawler's hands. Bruised and battered skin, broken bones, and a ragged few holes that tapered like cones through the flesh. That poor b*****d never stood a chance. He slowly stood and looked over to Esmai, wondering if she had any questions or comments on the gruesome scene they had found.

[[OOC: Well she is with the most confusing and conflicted NPC... xD Also, sorry for how late this was and all.]]
Wistful Flame

[26] Survival

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces