Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
× ✖ × Madam Malkin's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:27 pm
User Image
                                                                My eyes are open wide
                                                                And by the way,
                                                                I made it through the day
                                                                I watched the world outside
                                                                By the way,
                                                                I'm leaving out today

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Madam Malkin's
                                                                Who am I with? A bunch of new students, my mother.
                                                                What am I doing? Saying hello.
                                                                What am I thinking? My mother is quite rude sometimes...
                                                                What am I wearing? Shopping outfit

Arden entered the shop with his mother, knowing that his current living situation was an odd one. His parents didn't live with him, he lived with his aunt and uncle now, and yet they didn't have custody of him, his parents did. Which, when it came to taking him shopping, his mother had jumped at the chance to take him. After all, he was his mother's only son. It still baffled him about what exactly happened with his cousins, but figured that eventually he'd figure it out. Today he was here for shopping, which was why they went into the robes shop. His father was already at the bookstore picking up his supplies there, and they just needed to get a few things before they left. His wand was already tucked into a box that his mother was holding, and he was carrying another bag with quills and parchments.

Blinking, he studied the scene before him and wondered how many people were already here today. His mother would usually make an affronted noise at the rabble and turn around and walk right back out, but Arden wasn't going to do that. Instead, he decided he'd ignore the noise his mother made and walked forward. He wasn't afraid of saying at least hello to someone. He walked up to a girl that looked decidedly different than he did and smiled. "Hello. I'm sorry if I seem to be intruding, but are you also a first year? I was wondering so that I didn't feel like a complete oddball going to school. At least I would have someone I knew in the same class."

OOC:

Tell my mother,
                                                                Tell my father
                                                                I've done the best I can
                                                                To make them realize
                                                                This is my life
                                                                I hope they understand
                                                                I'm not angry, I'm just saying...
                                                                Sometimes goodbye is a second chance

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:42 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop, Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHayden
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

уσυ αяє тнє ℓ ι g н т н σ υ ѕ є , тнє ѕ є α м α я к xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнє т є м ρ є ѕ т ѕ ¢ я є α т є ∂ тнιѕ т ι ∂ є xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє ρ υ ℓ ℓ є ∂ тσ тнє вℓα¢к ѕ ι ℓ ν єя σ¢єαи xxxxxx
                                                          ωнєяє тнє ¢ υ я я є и т αи∂ н є α ν є и ѕ ¢σℓℓι∂є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceFiona looked up as the chiming of bells announced that she had more customers. Taking note of how many there were, and thinking that it was likely more would show up, she figured Alice could take a break from what she was doing in the back and help. "Alice, lass! Ken ye come lend a hand, please?" she called, hoping it wasn't bad timing. But, this was a shop, after all, and the backroom was open to everyone who worked there when the shop was closed. Satisfied that the younger girl would be out momentarily, she returned to the task at hand. She grabbed a set of basic robes in the size closest to the young lady's, and handed them to her. "Do me a wee favor an' put these on, please," she chirped. When the new arrival, a rather brusque young lady, apologized for interrupting, she shook her head. "Don' worry yerself abou' i', lass. I fig're it's be'er if ye're all talkin' an' gettin' t' know one another. Be spendin' a fair bi' o' time together once ye get off t' school, y' ken." She smiled when the young man, the newest arrival, echoed her own sentiments with a statement that he'd prefer to get to know his classmates ahead of time. It was certainly easier on you if you did, she figured. Making friends was difficult, and the whole trip to Hogwarts could be overwhelming to make alone.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx уσυ αяє тнє и α ν ι g α т σ я ωнσ и є ν є я ¢συℓ∂ ℓ є α ∂
                                                          xxxxxx ωє ωєяє ℓ σ ѕ т ιи тнє ѕ ι ℓ ν є я ѕ є α
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ι ωαѕ тнє ѕ н ι ρ ωнσ ωαѕ тσσ ρ я σ υ ∂ тσ єνєя ѕ ι и к
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx є ¢ н σ ; му ν σ ι ¢ є ιѕ αи є ¢ н σ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Devlyn Maycry

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja

The Shiny Furret

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:54 pm
User Image xxxx User Image xxxx User Image

Victoria Macclellan ❤ Zachary and Monika Evans
Gryffindor Sixth Year, Madam Malkins Intern - Muggle Studies Professor, Former Hufflepuff - Unsorted First Year

Tori glanced at Fiona, who instructed her to take the newest girl's measurements. She gleefully nodded and made her way over to the family. A father and daughter, both of which looked extremely similar. Where her family was made up completely of blondes, this one seemed to be all brunette. Still, the young girl was adorable in her opinion, and her style seemed very modest and simple. As she came closer, she recognized her Muggle Studies professor. Tori's smile widened as she approached them. "Professor Evans, hey! It's Tori, from your class! I never thought I'd see you in here, and I didn't know you had a daughter! She's so precious!" she exclaimed. Zachary's face seemed to lose all color. Of course it was this girl that worked here. She was always so excited for no reason, and extremely bubbly. With a sigh, he greeted her as well. "Yes, always a pleasure, Miss Macclellan." Tori wasn't phased by the man's negative aura, instead turning to the girl with a smile. "Ready to take your measurements? Step up on the stool and I'll get started," she said.

Monika nodded and stepped onto the stool, holding her arms out as she stood up straight and tall. Well, tall enough for her. While the blonde girl took her measurements, she looked over at the other children gathering in the shop. There was the girl with the green hair, who was also getting her measurements done by the shop owner. There was also a girl with dark hair who was interested in Ahnna's green hair. Based on the conversations between the shop owner and Ahnna, Monika could collect that the girl was a metamorphmagus. She had read about them in a book once, and she was quite fascinated with them. Also joining them was a boy who asked if they were all First Year students as well. Monika gave the newcomers a smile and nodded. "Yes, I'm going into First Year this year. My name is Monika Evans, and this is my dad," she said. She was sure not to move too much, to avoid messing up her measurements.

{ooc: #A40000, #654321, #E30B53}

Devlyn Maycry

Essy ze Ninja

Cara MiaKitty

quote="Red Hot Missy"]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:45 pm
H A Y D E N "A H N N A" A T T E R B E R R Y

First Year UnsortedMetamorphmagus

User Image

We're about to be so much closer than
                                                      you thought that we could ever be.
                                                      Well, I'm sorry to say that I gave it away.
                                                      We'll I'm empty.
                                                      You're empty.

While she waited for her measurements to be done, a bunch of other students entered the shop. All of them first years by the look of it, and one was most definitely a muggleborn based on the Hogwarts Governor and her exclamations at her. She blinked, confusion turning her hair a mix of teal and orange streaks. "What's dye?" She asked curiously. Before the girl could answer, Ahnna's own father answered her question. "Dye is a muggle contraption used to change hair colors!" Her mother cut him off before he could begin to ramble, and Ahnna nodded her head slowly, and as a grin reformed on her face, her hair returned to the forest green color.

"Sorry I don't use dye. I'm a metamorphmagus. My name is Ahnna Atterberry!" She paused for a moment, as the realization set in that the muggleborn girl probably didn't know what a metamorphmagus was. "A metamorphmagus is basically a genetic mutation of a few witches and wizards that lets them change their faces/bodies/hair whatever at will. I don't have control of it yet though so mine is more.... by emotion." Another boy had wandered in as well, and she offered a short wave to him before taking the robes offered to her by Ms. McKinney. She quickly pulled robes on over her own clothes, assuming that was alright. She thought they looked the right size but left that up to Ms. McKinney to decide. She was the expert after all.

She's like a rock
                                                      and you keep chipping off a piece
                                                      to hold on to.
                                                      And there's gotta be,
                                                      gotta be something more than this.
                                                      In a life full of exits and entrances.

Cara MiaKitty

The Shiny Furret

Essy Ze Ninja

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:03 pm
User Image

User ImageLocation: Madam Malkin's

Alice had been in the back room working away. At least she had been until she slipped off into la-la land. So when Fiona called her name it came to her as a light sound to her conscious. Snapping back to reality, Alice shook her head. 'Did someone just call me...?' She thought to herself. Regardless of that she figured going to the front was a good idea.

Putting her stuff down for the moment, Alice walked out to the front where Fiona and Tori were. She must have heard right. She smiled at all the first years in the shop. She remembered when she was just a first year. It was the best day of her life next to being adopted, and meeting Jasper in the first place. Alice first noted Fiona was with two young ladies, Tori was with another girl, and that there was a boy who seemed to be interested in getting to know his future classmates.

“Hello everyone,” Alice greeted brightly. She was just glad that first years were short because being less than five feet was overly annoying. “Since I wasn’t here who's going first?” She asked to the boy and girl that were currently waiting to be taken care of.

With: Fiona, Tori, Customers... Aria & Arden

Wearing: Beige & Black

OOC: @Cara: I was just about to post when you quoted me. Would have posted last night but the internet went out sweatdrop

Essy ze Ninja
Red Hot Missy
Devlyn Maycry
The Shiny Furret
Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

Ceri pushed open the door to the shop and practically dragged her friend in behind her, then glanced around the busy shop. "Do you want to look at the jumpers or the dresses first?" she asked, then didn't wait for an answer. Ceri was really looking forward to getting a couple new dresses, so she headed that way, still holding onto Eira's arm. "I wonder if they're going to have another dance type thing this year and if so, is it going to be formal? Because I really enjoyed the masquerade, even though I didn't have a date."

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:36 pm
User Image __________

User Image User Image

Aria smiled sheepishly when the seamstress smiled and the thought struck her that she should refrain; to listen and learn, but it flashed like lightning with a bright white light and disappeared into darkness. Soon, another bloke, first year by the look of him, had entered the shop and stole several paces past his mother to join in on the conversation in quite the polite and gentlemanly fashion—ergo, another posh boy—though he did manage to neglect introducing himself. Come to think of it, she did too! Aria turned a cheeky grin to the newcomer and waved, ”Ayup bruv, I'm first year too, name's Aria.” As she introduced herself, she made sure to spin her grin along to the others up on stools, the green haired girl and the brunette, or Monika, as she quickly said, but careful not to interrupt the measurements by a teenage blonde who hardly seemed old enough to've graduated, but her heart shaped pendant was pretty. Aria waved, noting how pretty Monika's dress looked on her and said, ”Nice to meet you!”

When the girl being measured by the Scottish woman with long locks of fiery red hair spoke up, Aria blinked several times in rapid succession. She probably mirrored her confusion, but for different reasons. How could she not know what dye was? Witches and wizards have to know about normal stuff, right? Her father seemed to know though, so why didn't his daughter? Before she could ask, the green haired girl—or, Ahnna now, explained it all for her. ”Ooooh,” she said, ”wicked! Da' did you hear that?” Aria spun around to her father; his hands were shoved in his pockets, his white gleaming grin contrasted against his dark skin as he nodded and mentioned that she'll have a lot more to learn in her new textbooks too. That made Aria grin even brighter, until a self conscious little thought reminded her much yellow her teeth were compared to her father, so she hid that grin behind a smile and turned back to her new friends. Just then, another teenager, from the looks of it, appeared from the backroom and started with a hello to everyone. She was barely a few inches taller than Aria, she couldn't help but notice as she took a step forward and half waved. ”Hey! I think I'm next...right?” She paused to glance around, just to make sure no other first year had hidden away somewhere, but once she realized it was just her and Arden, she nodded conclusively and said, ”Yeah, it's me. I'm Aria, by the way.” She took a few steps forward and waited for further instruction, and eager to follow along and hurry the process up. No offense but, she really wants to get her wand. Hopefully the line's cleared out by the time she's done, but she's sure the school governor will want to drag her to every other bloody shop before the wand shop. Bugger.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: Madam Malkins 】 【COMPANY:: da', governor, and new friends
ATTIRE:: Knitted Beanie 】 【STATS:: 4'8” and 93lbs

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Devlyn Maycry
Cara MiaKitty
Red Hot Missy
The Shiny Furret
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 pm
Touch my mouth and hold my tongue
I'll never be your chosen one
I'll be home safe and tucked away
Well You can't tempt me if I don't see the day
User Image
User Image

Wearing ✧Where I am - Madame Malkins ✧What I'm doing - School shopping with a friend ✧Who I'm with - Ceri ✧Why I'm here - Fresh air?

Eira got a bit twitchy once she and Ceri arrived to Madame Malkins seeing how full the store was of younger children and their parent or guardians. In hindsight, she should have realized that first year students would be getting their uniforms in early preparation for the school year. She was going to suggest that they try a different store first but her friend had already started pulling her along and expressing interest in buying another dress. The Ravenclaw didn't really see the practicality of balls and masquerades in this day and age but she did admit that she and her friends enjoyed themselves. And of course seeing Alice in her extravagant wear wasn't exactly a bad thing either. "I doubt that the school board would allow for such events to happen concurrently but it isn't bad to wish." Eira said noncommittally with a slightly shrug. Her eyes strayed to an offwhite jumper with a swooping turtleneck. She didn't normally like swooping necklines but that one looked rather pretty.

SummerIsles

The pull on my flesh was just too strong
Stifled the choice and the air in my lungs
Better not to breathe than to breathe a lie
'Cause when I opened my body I breathe in a lie

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

Ceri nodded idly while she leafed through a few different dresses, finding a few that she liked. Sure, she wouldn't mind another dance or something, and maybe she could have a date... She'd been thinking a lot about her strange thoughts about girls and how she wanted to date them, not exclusively though. Without even thinking about it, she asked, "Do you think it's okay for girls to like other girls the way they're supposed to like boys?" She blinked at her friend, realizing that those words came out of her mouth. "I mean, I don't not like boys that way? I'm just wondering.... because..." She blushed. How was the best way to say she'd been noticing girls the same way she was noticing boys without outright saying it or lying to her best friend about it. "Uh..." She frowned, her cheeks darkening a little more.

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:26 am
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰
Younger BrotherSalem's Chameleon AlumnusHalf-Blood

User Image

Does anyone have the time to bring me down?
                                      And can I sleep all night long to the drums of the city rain?

And brother, if you have the chance to pick me up,
                                      Can I sleep on your couch to the pound of the ache and pain in my head?
                                      'Cause I'm awake all night long to the drums of the city rain

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█

This might be an exaggeration but Mirzam has a feeling that it's been a long time since he visited the Diagon Alley. After he and his guardian Miss Jack went back to England and settled down, he decided to get a job to occupy his space as well as make new friends like he always do. After that, maybe he would plan on trying to contact his siblings, maybe either Rui or Autumn. Just maybe. He missed them alot, which made him wonder about what they were doing right now. Anyway, back to the job hunt, he was thinking of applying to something really fun with many people. Not that he was relying on people as much as he used to, though. So, applying to Madam Malkins would be a wonderful idea for him. He entered the shop and there he was quite impressed with what the shop had offered, these dresses and robes looked really nice. 'Wow,' He thought, 'I wonder who made all of these? He eventually ended up browsing some racks here and there, and somehow he wished he had brought enough galleons, too.

'Cause the nights don't last and we leave alone
                                      Will you drive me back? Can you take me home?

Remember when you and I would make things up?
                                      So many nights, just take me down to the place we could hear them play
                                      I miss that sound, 'cause now we don't sing so loud to the drums of the city rain

With :: No One
      Where :: Madam Malkin's (Front Room)
      Wearing :: Looking Great

Out.Of.Character :: Yep, derpy post. sweatdrop

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:48 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop, Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMirzam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed

spaceFiona heard the bells chime in the front room, but she was in the middle of a very complicated set of stitching and she didn't want to simply drop it. Once she got into a rhythm, she liked to see her task through, so that the end result looked cohesive. She knew others often couldn't see it, but she could always tell when she looked at a seam she'd paused mid-way through sewing. Particularly the complex ones. She frowned, glancing up for a moment towards the open door, and called, "Be ou' in jes' a minute!" hoping that her customer could hear. When she was done with her task, which took her a good two minutes, she shook her head. She hadn't heard the bells again, so whoever it was, they hadn't left, which was good.

spaceHonestly, she was sort of surprised to have someone come in at the moment. Normally the shop was next to dead from September until midway through November, when people started their Christmas shopping. She smiled brightly at the young man in the front room. "Af'ernoon, sir. How ken I help ye t'day?" she asked. He was apparently browsing through the racks of ready-made robes, but that didn't mean that's why he was here, after all. Hopefully, he wasn't too annoyed at being kept waiting. Normally, she would've had Alice check up on him, but the girl was out to lunch at the moment.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:28 am
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

User Image

Mirzam did not seem to hear the call from the back door, since he wasn't exactly the best listener. Or well, maybe he was just not paying attention at all so nevertheless he was still browsing around. That was when he began to hear the creak of the opening door from the counter, 'Oh, there they are' He looked up and found himself with a woman, probably older than him, with red hair and spoke with a seemingly Scottish accent... Or was it Irish? It has been a long time since he had been here, so he could not tell which of the two accents if he were to be honest. He smiled at her back, warm and friendly, "Hello, miss" He greeted brightly with what it seemed to be an American accent, "My name's Mirzam-- Mirzam Owens and well, I was thinking of applying for a job here in Madam Malkins? If there is?" Then, he took a glance at the nearest rack with his honey-tinted eyes and added, "Also, the robes are really nice" One of his hobbies that he enjoyed was actually sewing clothes with Miss Jack, especially when listening to music. He would appreciate if he could be a seamster, he would enjoy but if not... He actually wouldn't mind being a cashier guy, as long as there were people around.

I miss that sound, 'cause now we don't sing so loud to the drums of the city rain

With :: Fiona McKinney

Out.Of.Character ::

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:37 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop, Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMirzam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed

spaceFiona had to admit, when he said he was looking for a job, she was surprised. Namely because, she'd had this shop for over a decade now, and she'd never had anyone who wanted to work for her. Now, in the span of a couple years, she'd had three separate people express interest. Of course, Mirzam was the first person who wasn't either a student or fresh out of school. She offered the man a smile. "Always lookin' fer help," she said brightly. "Wha' exac'ly did ye ha'e in mind, may I ask? Apprenticin', or are ye alrea'y skilled wit a needle? Or were ye jes' wan'in' tae werk th' register an' help clean?" It didn't really matter to Fi, what the man wanted to do. If he said he already had skill, obviously she'd need proof, but that could be easily arranged; she had everything already set up in the back room, obviously. She would have to have him do something on the spot, which she hoped didn't bother him too much, but it was the only way to know for certain if he was the one who made whatever it was. Well, that or douse him with veritiserum when she asked if he'd done it. But she didn't have access to the potion, and in any case, it was somewhat unethical to give it to an unwilling party, and she figured it'd seem odd or make him uncomfortable if she asked. Whatever the case, she was always happy to have more help. She could afford it easily enough, since she didn't have to pay rent on her flat, and her expenses were relatively low, aside from splurging on expensive fabrics. She did try to be thrifty, though.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:00 am
𝔐𝔦𝔯𝔷𝔞𝔪 ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 𝔒𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔰

User Image

Mirzam could not say what exactly the owner meant by "Already skilled with a needle". He usually just help Miss Jack about sewing and making clothes as she was in-between jobs as a potioneer and an employee in a Muggle Clothes Shop back in America. Looking at these robes, he knew that the lady's standards were high. His sewings skills were good enough for simple shirts, dresses, and pants... But they weren't as good as hers. The woman seemed nice though and she did say that she was open for apprenticeship or assistants... Probably, he really could not easily trust looks. "Well, I did sew as a hobby." He answered smiling, "I also used to help with my guardian in the Clothes shop back when I was in America. But I could always take some lessons and do assistance to improve more, " If this application also included the whole test, like maybe making your own robe, Mirzam would be really fine with it but he would be really nervous about it. Like, what if after he finished the work she didn't like the look? What if it wasn't good enough? Merlin, this was making him really nervous. Maybe... All he had to do was to remember all the basics, and then maybe improvise with it. And in case that he was not accepted, he wouldn't mind for apprenticeship or maybe working as a wandmaker or a potioneer. There was still hope, right?

With :: Fiona McKinney

Out.Of.Character ::

Cara Miakitty

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:30 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop, Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxMirzam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRelaxed

spaceFiona offered the young man a gentle smile, hoping she wasn't coming across as being too particular or anything of that nature. It was good that he had some experience, she thought, though 'as a hobby' could mean a good many things. It could mean that sometimes he liked stitching up holes in his pockets, or it could mean he was creating full outfits to wear out. "Weel, I'm happy t' he'p teach ye. I'd like t' ge' an idea o' wha' we're workin' wi', though, if ye don' mind. Ken ye come wi' me t' th' back?" She gestured for Mirzam to follow, and hurriedly cleared away some of the clutter surrounding her station. "I mostly jes' wanna assess th' level o' werk ye're comin' in able t' do, so I don' overload ye, bu' I'm no' teachin' ye things ye alrea'y ken how t' do. Gimme an idea o' wha' ye mean by 'as a hobby.' Sewin' full garmen's, or more small-scale?" She was trying to figure out a way to test his ability, but without having more information, that would be hard. She didn't want to just sit him down, say 'sew a couple seams,' and be done with it, since that wasn't really a very good assessment of much of anything beyond his being able to sew in a straight line. Which was important, but she wanted to know more than that about his skills. If he said he did full garments, she had a few things laying about she could ask him to piece together on his own and sew, scraps of an outfit she'd been working on out of sheer boredom. Nothing was actually pinned together yet, so he'd have to put the whole thing together himself if he were capable of it. If not, she could have him hem a gown she'd not gotten around to hemming... There were a few options, she just needed to know which one was most appropriate under the circumstances.

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jade Galaksylph

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas