Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
=Soquili Stats Bonus Questions= December Questions Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 102 103 104 105 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Nessus-Euenos-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: -Nessus-Euenos-
Participating Soquili: Shinyun
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=14781279

What value do you place on strength?:
The filly frowns, her brow furrowing as she struggles to respond. She knows exactly how she feels; she simply lacks the skill to put those incoherent thoughts into an informative sentence as of yet.
"Well... uhm... Strength is good." She gives a half-hearted grin. "Just in case you have to get into a berry bush and you have to push your way past the thorns to get to the juicy goodness... or... or protect your family." She nods. "But... but if you're too strong you might end up like a meanie-Kalona, and start bullying people just 'cause you're stronger than them and they can't do anything about it." She makes a noise that's meant to sound like an upset growl and ends up more like a gurgling whine. "Then strength isn't good anymores."

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?:
"IN-tell-ee-ginse!" She bounces about excitedly, her little wings flapping against her side. "Because you needs to have the smarts to figure out what you're going to do with the strength you have- But then you need strength to back up your in-tell-ee-gint plans!"
She stops, her wings sagging, her entire body heaving in a heavy sigh. "Like me... I can think of AWESOME stuffs to do, but I can't actually do it... yet." A determined grin flashes across her face- any parent would immediately lock their child in the familial teepee, were they to be around when their child grinned like that.

How do you think strength will help you survive March, the month that "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?:
"... Uh..." she stared vacantly at you, jaw slack, eyes dull.

"How is a month like a lion and a lamb? 'Cause isn't... OHWAITIKNOW!" she leaps into the air "Lions are strong in body, and lambs are strong in heart 'cause they're so good and pure and innocent and stuff, so in March I have to be strong in body and strong in heart to survive 'cause... 'cause... 'cause March is like the year and the year is like my life and I have to have more than just fiss-i-kal strength to succede!"

She beams, and looks around, fully expecting praise for her brilliant answers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Apotropaics
Participating Soquili: Kazan
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=14465273

What value do you place on strength?: Kazan stands, completely still, waiting for the interrogation to be complete. He cannot stand to be away from his beloved Sadiki for long- how could he, when she has so altered the course of his life?

Shaking his head, he focuses on the task at hand.

"Strength is only as good as the mind that wields it." He pauses, quirking one brow as the audience waits, expecting more. He continues on. "Brute strength is cowardice that dresses itself up like a puffed peacock wishing to be admired. Physical strength only penetrates muscle- physical, earthly, minute flesh that restrains the greater works of higher minds. Thought, knowledge- that is power. Strength is a means to an end- nothing more. It should not be flaunted, nor hidden. It is a fact- Just as my eyes are red is a fact. Not an indication of the state of my soul, awash with blood and a fiery fervor. Just a fact. Nothing more."

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?: "One must have courage to use one's strength. If one stands, paralyzed, while their loved ones are in need, then one is a failure. If one cannot bring oneself to use one's strength, to use the muscle that masks the mind, to use the brawn that hides the brain from view, then one's strength is as good as gone. Courage is a necessity, but then so is Luck. Most often, strength can be built- but sometimes it is left to genetics. Take the Kalonas, Skinwalkers, cougars, wolves and other predatory animals, for example. They all have strength because it is necessary for their survival. They must kill to eat, and hunt to kill. They need power. Then take the prey animals- they, too, have strength. But theirs is the strength to flee, to run away, to escape the predators. In such ways, strength spawns strength. Hope; Love. These pale in comparison with strength. If you are not strong, you will not survive- unless you find someone who is strong enough to look beyond themselves and care for those around them to protect you."

He sighs. He'd managed to talk himself off on a random tangent again. "It is Courage that is most needed in concert with Strength."

How do you think strength will help you survive March, the month that "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?:

He considers the question carefully before responding.

"As with any other month, strength will help me to stand strong as the ebb and flow of Sadiki's emotional tides wash over our bond and threaten to break it time and again. Strength will help me to be her stoic support, her firm stronghold in a sea of despair. It will help me to protect her, to nurture her, and to love her. It will help me to be forever by her side."

Something flickers in his eyes. "In this month of March, this fateful time, it will help me to right the wrongs done to the love of my life. Strength- Courage. It will help me to survive."

Apotropaics

Upside.-.Down

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:14 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Upside.-.Down
Participating Soquili: Adelinda
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=13099717

What value do you place on strength?: "Strength? Strength is everything!" she roars, flicking her tail in a ferocious lashing swipe that cuts through the air like a two-legged's polished dagger. She growls, the sound reverberation from her very core as her eyes flash with a dangerous, feral light.

"It is power. It is food. It is survival; It is life!" She paces, powerful haunches sending her careening back and forth, her wings tucked tightly against her sides. "Without strength, there can be no honor! No virtue! For strength is the greatest virtue! What use are the weak? They die, so the strong might live on." She snarls, dismissing the weak-bodied along with the weak-minded in one great breath. "Strength is everything."

Who was she trying to convince?

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?:

She smiles and bats her eye lashes, simpering as though she were talking to a child or a dullard to whom everything must be explained in the simplest of manners. "Strength. Is. Everything. If you have strength you need nothing else. You will be the top of the food chain- none shall stand against you, because your strength shall act like a shield to protect you from their dim-witted attempts." She sighs, and rolls her eyes, being overly-dramatic because the questions simply bore her. "I suppose Speed would work well with Strength. Strength to take down one's prey- speed to catch it. Hunter. Survival. Life. Ahem."

"Survive? I need not worry about surviving an entire month at a time. Day to day life? Now there is a struggle. Lump time together into things like weeks and months and years- and it becomes meaningless. All those little moments, those precious moments of pain and despair and love and life, are blended together until all that is left is a certainty that you had been somewhere, done something, but been unable to continue. That is life."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Yuuka Kurokawa/Lorako
Participating Soquili: Zuilian
Link to Teepee: x

What value do you place on strength?:"It's important, but not that important." The stallion paused as his tail swished back and forth gently, "Don't get me wrong, one needs strength to protect ones mate and children, but it's not always necessary."

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?:Zuilian answered promptly "You need to know when to use your strength and when not to, but you also need to know when to use it even when it may not seem like the best idea. I'd say that requires courage to use strength despite having the knowledge that it may not be the best thing at the time."

How do you think strength will help you survive March, the month that "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?: "Strength to survive....hmmm..." He pauses once more to think this answer over, "Well I suppose one has to be strong to survive the first roaring blast of what's left of winter before spring." He gave a sheepish smile and flicked his tail in salute as he trotted off to rejoin his two-legger and Vidia.  

Yuuka Kurokawa

Romantic Elder

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name:
Syaoran-Puu
Participating Soquili:
Amitiel
Link to Teepee:
Syaoran-Puu's Teepee
*Amitiel stood up and puffed his chest out softly taking a deep breath.*
I think I believe that most things in life require you to have strength in one form of another. Be it to tell the truth and do the right thing, or to stand up for what you believe in. Strength is the root to everything we do.
Courage, I believe that you need the strength to be couragous. Like I said before I firmly believe that strength is the root to all things.
The same way I always use strength, the strength to continue to stand by my principles of truth and courage. I am currently involved with a mare who needs my help, and I will need strength to surivive the attack, but also to protect her from harms way. Hopefully by the end of the month when it sneaks away like a lamb I will have hope in my heart once more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Sesshy552
Participating Soquili: Jink
Link to Teepee: Teepee

-tips head-
"Well.. not much?"
"Sure strength is good for protecting loved ones but.."
-shrugs-
"I'm faster then stronger."

-smiles-
"Why, courage of course!"
"What use is strength if you don't have the courage to use it?"
-snorts and paws at the ground-

"You have to be strong to survive the winter."
"But I don't know why it would be a lion and lamb though.."
-flicks tail-
"Maybe because it's strikes harsh as a lion at first.."
"And leaves like a soft little lamb?"
-tips head-

Sesshy552

Vicious Kitten

IpseityNix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:26 am
POINTS ADDED

User Image

Owner's Name:FlamingStar-Sama
Participating Soquili:Tokidoki
Link to Teepee:[ Teepee ]

All value.. You know what they say. Only the strongest will survive.. Right? cool

All of them of course! You could use any and all of those stats with strength, and it'll make you a better you. You know what I'm sayin'? I sure do! wink

I think that's a dumb quote.. But strength will help me in whatever way I need it to! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Quicksilver the Archangel
Participating Soquili: Alyssum
Link to Teepee: X

Strength is one of the most important personal traits there is. You need physical strength to run, explore, and play. Inner strength's important too, because it it's what lets you meet new people and stand up for what's right.

Hm... this is a toughie! Both courage and speed seem like they need strength, just different kinds; courage takes that inner strength I was just talking about, while speed is greatly improved by well-toned leg muscles.

Strength'll help me survive that first, terrible part of the month, and then, when it's all used up, I can start rebuilding it during the gentle part of the month.  

Quicksilver the Archangel

Beloved Seraph

HyperCandy Loli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:19 pm
POINTS ADDED

*has also kept a log of all updated stats to this point. I would appreciate it if you could update them? If not that's fine too. =]

Owner's Name: Hypercandy Loli
Participating Soquili: Taharial
Link to Teepee: [x]

Its a wonderful gift that keeps you moving on in life, emotionally and physically. It helps with motivational purposes and bearing situations that look tough to handle.

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?:courage. It takes a lot of strength to gather up courage to face perhaps significant problems of your own or other 'situations' you might happen to fall into.

It will help me with my family to keep them safe from harm and keep them together so everything is smooth sailing to the up coming season of spring.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:08 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: .Tortured. .Pumpkin.
Participating Soquili: Midori
Link to Teepee: Here

Midori thought for a moment. "Well, I'd place everything on it. Without some form of strength, there is nothing."

"I'd have to say speed. It takes much strength in one's legs to move quickly."

"Same way it always has."  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

Logue

Fluffy Pup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:39 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Logue
Participating Soquili: Nakanadi

What value do you place on strength?: Tail swishing, Nakanadi closed her eyes, her mouth working itself into a thin line. "The value of strength?" she asked, pawing absently at the ground. "Well, I think strength is very important, as I do all traits. One can easily get by without being physically strong, but it really is useful." Her smile became secretive. "It's good to have someone strong around."

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?: "That isn't an easy question, is it?" she asked, chuckling lightly. "I think... well, with the circumstances, strength and courage would probably work best together. I know it does not take strength to be courageous, but if you're willing to sacrifice yourself to some cause, shouldn't you have the strength to defend yourself?"

How do you think strength will help you survive March, the month that "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?: She laughed brightly, turning her head to allow the wind to twine through her mane. "Yes, it certainly is "ferocious," isn't it, so windy... I think it isn't so much strength that will help me through the wind as it is weight!" She smiled merrily, looking back to watch her tail tangle and curl in the breeze. "I suppose having the strength to hold my ground would be good..."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:48 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: LunaRei_SilverBlood
Participating Soquili: Lunar
Link to Teepee: Click

What value do you place on strength?: Not very much. I know I'm not strong, and Ill probably never be as strong as some others. So I developed my other stats.

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?: I would say probably speed, or intelligence. You need to have physical strength for speed, and mental for intelligence.

How do you think strength will help you survive March, the month that "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?: Endurance. March comes on strong, and then dwindles down.  

LunaRei_SilverBlood

Kurama no Koishi

Shameless Wench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:26 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Kurama no Koishi
Participating Soquili: Talion

Talion hesitates at the question, but it is not long before he comes up with an answer. "Before intelligence or anything else, strength is the first thing a Soquili needs to make an impression—the strongest are the ones who survive, after all. And certainly if one is not willing to listen to wit, he's going to need a bit of 'coaxing.'"

The stallion had been quite pleased with his previous answer, but the following question made his perpetual smile disappear, if only for a moment. "I'm going to say courage, for now," he mused, brow furrowed in thought, "because you can have all the strength in the world, but it takes courage to use it, whether for yourself or for another. Strength is useless without it."

He smiles brightly, his good spirit returned. This was an easy question! "With strength and courage, I'll survive anything, even this lion of a month!"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:25 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Dragain
Participating Soquili: Brioso

Brioso blinked, a little taken aback, before sticking out her chest and giving her soon-to-be trademark grin, "Strength will help me defeat the evils of this land! I will need strength to overcome challenges and to become a great heroine."

"That's easy," The filly grinned again with a nod, her tail swinging left and right in mild excitement. "Its courage! If you have strength and no courage, then your strength will never come in handy when someone needs your help. With courage, you can put that strength to good use!"

Brioso paused, frowning a little as she tried to go process the phrase. Tilting her head slightly, she answered softly, a little unsure and hesitant, "You'll need... The strength to actually battle the lion, to... Carry on strongly in this month." She paused, becoming a little surer of her answer as she smiled, "If you have the strength to survive the month, you will look back and think that the month ended on a lighter note than it begun with! The truth is, you've grown stronger, right?"

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

catmagick

Magical Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:50 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: catmagick
Participating Soquili: Undine

What value do you place on strength?: Undine considered the question carefully. “I don’t believe that strength is that important, it has its place but to rely on strength alone is a mistake.”

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, and Luck. Which do you think works best with Strength and why?: “Intelligence, being strong and smart is the key to survivor. If you can’t talk your way out of something you can always fight.”

How do you think strength will help you survive March, the month that "comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"?: “Who came up with that? It seems like a silly thing to say. Anyways, I’ll survive March the way I survive any month, however necessary.”  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 102 103 104 105 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games