Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:46 am
Akaris and Samodith
Just as the red in her gazes was finally giving way again to more contented hues, her eyes flashed gray, and Samodith gave voice to a soft little keen.  At question from her rider, she provided sadly, My cousin is gone, away to Hers. How many of them could that have been just as easily?  So many of Theirs had been injured, could have been gone... A chilling, heartrending thought.

And with that tragically sad ending, that was it.  An end to the longest of mornings, and nothing like Akaris had ever imagined.  The only result she'd actually anticipated had been Rylyrr finally getting a dragon - and such a handsome one!  But to be hurt, and then Samodith...!  Her beautiful, most perfect dragon, who she'd never have expected, and who she couldn't wait to introduce to Zinath and Junenth, A'ral and R'mor, but even that wouldn't go as planned.  All thanks to one bronze who decided to rant nonsense, and in doing so had more than likely taken away her last chance to spend time with her Western family for Faranth only knew how long.

She wanted so badly to run and find them while she still could, to steal just a moment, but even she knew better.  A'ral had candidates to herd - shells, injured ones to collect! - and R'mor had this terrible mess to help sort, or at least try to.  She leaned down to bury her face in the soft neck of Samodith, who had carefully climbed up beside her with a concerned croon.  After conferring with her rider, the hatchling green searched gently for the minds of the bronze and green who were so dear to Hers. Mine wants you to know that she is sorry.  That she will miss you...that she does already.  And she promises that she will come home.

There was a pause, before she added entirely of her own accord, Please make that awful one pay, for taking away goodbye.

Her most precious gem's heart was full of hurt, and that filled her own hearts with something darker.  How she wanted to tear that disgrace to pieces...!  But she was barely an hour old, and he far out of reach.  But she would not forget.  Not ever.

Mr Cheri

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 am
S'mol and Bronze Valseth

S'mol looked Yu'star over with his hands on his hips. "Well then, if you can't move, you'll have to let us help you then." The large man declared with a grin. "I'm going to bind up your leg tight to stop the blood flow then pull the knife out, cause I think I have the better strength to pull it out straight and clean than our little healer here. After that, you can patch him up girly." He laid out his plain and simple to them both, because nothing would get done if they all just stood around looking at it.

Meanwhile Valseth put a comforting wing over Nevidenth. Come cousin. Let my rider do his work, we are all family now, so it is natural to help each other. Trust me, they wish no further hurt on you or yours.
As the bronze tried to ease Nevidenth's protective instincts enough to allow his own rider to help Yu'star, S'mol selected a number of bandages from Bekah's hands. "Ah, thankyou , now lets see to this." If he wasn't stopped he would motor forward with his plan. Tightening up the bandage around the other Weyrlings calf until his whole leg started to go numb. But stopping blood flow was important because all that was stopping him from painting the ground in blood in that moment was likely the knife itself.

After that it was a simple case of pulling out the blade. His own hand wrapped in more bandages to prevent cutting open his palm on the edged metal.
But jubilation in success or frustration at further failure were not to live long in the pair. Because on the sands a lonely tragic egg cracked it's shell.

A minute later the entire cavern was filled with mournful cries of dragons like a rising song of sorrow. Oh sweet sister. Valseth keened softly.
The sadness hit S'mol so suddenly and so powerfully he could not stop the tears springing to his eyes even if he wanted to. He sniffled loudly. "Ah, poor wee mite. She didn't have a minute." He spoke aloud and Valseth leaned into S'mol. I should have stayed on the sands longer. I might have been able to spare her rider and so her.
Oh no Valseth. Don't think that way. Likely there is nothing you could have done this time. It's just a tragedy. S'mol rubbed his tears against his sleeve with one hand while he held the mourning bronze with the other.
houllow

Revel1984

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:04 am
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

“Oh- you’re a harper?” Kel asked Rhys, enthusiasm showing in her grin. It was a good Craft- harpers could get anywhere, learn anything... And their view of the world was open- well, more often than not. As he mentioned his sister, she looked a little surprised, then beamed. “Congratulations to her! I think I know the green you speak of…” Come to think of it, hadn’t that been one of the more violent hatchlings… Hopefully Rhys’ sister was steady enough to keep more violence from errupting during weyrlinghood.

Not that it mattered so much- as it turned out, neither Kel nor her companion Impressed. The dragonets approached or called their bonded over amongst antics both adorable and heart-wrenching. Every thought of congratulations was accompanied by wistful longing- a feeling she tried to suppress. Oh, yes, she wanted to Impress- but she hadn’t been a candidate that long… and there were more Turns to go, if she chose.

And as the last egg hatched- a beautiful green- Keleres watched with a frown as the little dear bee-lined towards the blood-stained patch of the sands and curl around it in sorrow. Her song… might have been uplifting in another life. Instead its pitch and tone brought unbidden tears to the young woman’s face, which she tried to hold back, and failed. They slipped silently down her face as she hung her head in mourning.

Then the dragonet was gone, and the horrible death-keen rose up from the crowd, robing her heart in ice and squeezing tightly. Beside her, Rhys fell to his knees. This wasn’t the kind of pain a comforting pat or soothing words could ease, but she wanted to support him as he had her.

She wrapped a tender arm around Rhys’ shoulder, crouching beside him. “Let’s get you some klah, come on… It’s going to be okay.” It wasn’t. Not really. This hatching had shattered so many worlds- brought to light tensions between the Weyrs. This hatching had brought violence and death. Those blood stains might be one day turned over, but the boy and his green would never return.

This might be the last time she glimpsed High Reaches- a world away from her own… but if that was what fate had in store for them, then she had to accept it. She was, after all, just another moment in time. They all were.

“-_Wish of Tevarae_-”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:11 am
Rhys

She would feel his shoulders shaking with tears that slowly became unshed, his eyes almost hollow and exhausted as he looked over to her. Klah....Food....Something to take his mind off what was going on, "I....Yes..." His voice was almost hollow, empty as he followed her from the sands. He wasn't sure he'd be able to stay with Keleres but..."Thank you...It's...there's a lot going on...I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm not much for company."

Sweet Symmetry

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:52 am
Kinyegele

It was supposed to end on a happy note. All of these dragons finding theirs and getting to live out their best lives. Instead.....

There was no saving that little green. Certainly, no other had been meant to be hers, but watching the mourning. Knowing two lives had been lost that day was even more unbearable than she'd expected it to be. Perhaps it was how openly the girl gave her hearts to every little dragon on the sands. But it hurt her heart so badly to know that there was now more heartbreak to be had.

That there would be more mourning. Kinyegele needed to go hold her parents more than ever right then, and even barely dismissed she'd run to find either of them. Not that her sisters, so close by, wouldn't have done...but she really needed Mom.

----

Kahbrohm

Even Kahbrohm wasn't so heartless as to not feel for what would happen as the little green circled the spot the dead boy - the dead boy who could have been him - had lay. Would that girl who had become enraged earlier on his account ever know that a dragon had come for him? Would it make her sadder to know?

The already dark scowl on his face became more so, and he turned once all dragons were impressed to rejoin the Candidatemaster's at the opening to the Hatching Sands. Today had been a mess on so many fronts. But despite all the holes in his pride, Kahbrohm still stood tall and unflinching. Unlike some others, there would be a next time for him.

----

Fahn

Fahn stilled as what she'd thought were the last dragons impressed....just for the little green to hatch. For a moment, certainly, some thought there was one last chance for them, wasn't there? Until the green circled that place, crooning her sad song. While she'd never seen it herself, Fahn knew in an instant what was to come.

She couldn't watch.

Instead, she turned away, eyes already burning. It had been meant to be a good day. Not all this bitter sadness that punctuated anything good actually happening. Her heart hurt. No Hatching Feast was going to lift the mood entirely now. Not between the outburst from the stands....and two dead.

----

Juhvek

Juhvek stared on for a long time where the little green had blinked away, as though somehow it would do something. Yet for all his looking, his expression didn't change. Whatever his thoughts were, they left with the young man as he went to the stands to check in with his older sister.

----

Martirae and Gold Anakumath

All had been well. Anakumath greeted the last of theirs as they came back when that last hidden egg had split open. The little gold reached out mentally to offer sweet greeting to her cousin, then recoiled nearly immediately into Martirae's chest. Anakumath? Marty looked from the sands down to her beloved, watching those yellow eyes somehow both whirl more yellow....and more white. Even all the love the woman had to offer did little to help, even as she tucked that little golden face into the crook of her shoulder to force her to look away.

A fear so palpable, Marty hadn't the need to ask why. A final cry - and she was gone. The cries from the older dragons would be met with at least one more from the tiny gold, who for all her efforts tried to walk back out into the sands, crying out into the skies. As if all of the calling in the world would bring back her cousin, like a child hiding from a parent as a trick.

That stabbing heartbreak met the barest amount of steel Marty could give to keep from letting the gold's feelings overwhelm her. This both was and wasn't the time for her to cry. Let others think her cold for not falling to tears and weeping in sadness. It was in a moment like this, she knew that it would be steel needed to keep such a soft and kind dragon going. This would likely not be the first of Anakumath's heartbreaks, not with a hide so glittering, so gold.

But lord if that cry didn't hit so close to the softness she hid away.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 am
Talis and Holleth
Holleth's eyes went gray, and though he didn't lift his head to keen, his hearts felt the pain as acutely as any other's.  He pressed his forehead against His and breathed a heavy sigh, closing his eyes to hide the red that edged them, even as she stroked along his freshly-oiled neck. She should not have had to die, he mourned to Talis alone, Had our cousin not been so cruel, my sister would be with us, where she belongs.  She did not deserve this.  It's not fair.

Talis took her head in his hands and pressed hers to his. I know.  I'm sorry. True, some of the candidates may have influenced what had happened, but the calm way the bronze had killed that boy, then sat atop him...it left a terrible taste in her mouth.  There were only so many excuses that could be made for taking a life, and blaming others, let alone the victim?  Not one of them, not to her mind.  But what did she know?  What was one green and her would-have-been rider, to the whim of a bronze?

She made the softest of humming sounds to her beloved blue, doing what she could to soothe him, but without offering platitudes.  The world could be cruel, and she would not lie and tell him otherwise.  This was a wretched end to what should have been a good day, but at almost every turn, someone - intentionally or no - had managed to turn it sour.  She wondered what would happen to Lauthisen and the other injured candidates - would they really throw someone so injured onto a dragon, just to see every last Westerner gone from the Weyr?

She had thoughts about that, but was well aware that this was not the time.  

Meepfur
Crew

zombeikid

Feline Lunatic

2,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 am
S'lys of Brown Leoniath

S'lys had been busy oiling his new dragonet and trying to ignore the general chaos going on in the sands when he felt Leoniath stiffen up. He paused, looking at His, eyes full of worry. "Are you-?" But before he could finish, the wave of sadness hit him. He turned his head as Leoniath buried himself into his side.

"I should have protected him! I should have stayed!" Leoniath's eyes whirled with sadness and regret. S'lys cradled his head, stroking his face and eye ridges. The Brown's tail lashed in anger even as his body slumped in sadness. "My sweet cousin.."

"It happens.. Death happens. A hard lesson to learn but..." He pulled the dragonet close. "I'll never leave you. I'll never lose you." That could have been him. Laying on the sands. That could have been Leoniath, gone to the void. He didn't want to think about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 am
Zy'zi of White Iljunfanth --- IMPRESSION

Zyanzi was watching, oh how could he look away from the sweet little white dragonet as it snuggled close to its blue father. It filled him with adoration. Whoever would receive that baby would certainly have his love. He was ready to look away, watch the other dragonets who were walking through the Candidates, but before he could turn his gaze he saw the white dragonet pull uncertainly from his father. Was he finally ready to find His? A small sliver of jealousy sparked for whoever would gain the sweetheart. But that jealousy was gone in an instant. The white dragonet was staring toward him. Him? No, it couldn't be him. Zyanzi looked around him, at the other Candidates. Perhaps they were His? Hmm...

Zyanzi turned back, and found the eyes staring very certainly at him, and suddenly felt an overwhelming, overflowing rush of love fall upon him as the small dragonet's eyes whirled a brilliant wash of every color imaginable. His breath caught, his heart beating faster. "Wha-..." His voice croaked, suddenly finding his eyes tearing up against his will. And then the sweetest, most wonderful little voice filled his mind. ZyanziMine... Are you... I mean... Would you be happy to be Mine for always? I... I am Your Iljunfanth and I.... I love you very much. The world is better with you in it... and I miss you and... need you... and.... A short creel followed, and Zyanzi felt the tears in his eyes overflow one by one down his overly dry cheeks. "I...I...Iljunfanth? Me? You... You choose me?" He croaked, hiccuping as he cried. Great. He had to be such a sight. Crying. Oh, Shards! Who cared! It's... only if you would have me? I know I'm not a brown or a gree-... The thought was cut short as Zyanzi... no... Zy'zi ran to where the little white sweet thing stood, decorum forgotten. He wanted his dragon!

He dropped to the hot sands and wrapped his arms gingerly around the small dragonet, his hands holding his sweet little head. Zy'zi pressed his forehead to the dragonet's cheek and sobbed for a moment. Iljunfanth let out a sweet croon, his eyes eyes whirling a beautiful shade of purple. Anyone close to the pair will feel a wash of love from the pair. "You are perfect, Iljunfanth. So perfect." He whispered, rubbing the slightly darker snout of his beautiful partner-for-life. He was rewarded with another sweet croon, Iljunfanth nuzzling as close to Zy'zi as he could get. After a moment, Zy'zi pulled his face from Iljunfanth and looked up toward Krahsujunth. "I... I will treasure him!" He croaked, wiping the last remaining tears from his eyes. Papa! Papa, I chose right... Zy'ziMine is perfect. Don't you agree, Papa? The dragonet raised his eyes to look at his father, eyes whirling blue and purple. He was blissfully happy.

After a moment, Zy'zi scooped up the small dragonet, albeit a little awkwardly, for Iljunfanth seemed blessed with extraordinarily large wings. Zy'ziMine... may we go for food. Waiting for you has made me... "Hungry?" Zy'zi finished, his eyes bright as he looked at the dragonet, still in disbelief at the darling dragon that would be His for always. Perfect darling white dragon. "Yes, let's fill that belly of yours..." He said, snuggling his face against Iljunfanth's soft skin. With one last respectful look at Krahsujunth, the new pair slowly trekked the sands.

But... something.... A little green had hatched and then... Iljunfanth suddenly wriggled in Zy'zi arms. No...no no no.... The white dragonet leapt from his rider's arms, running toward the little green as she let out a mournful keen. But as he approached her, she was suddenly not there. Zy'zi hand shot up to cover his mouth. "No...." He whispered. Iljunfanth ran to where the little green had just been, but he was met only with the remnant chill of Between. The white dragonet sniffed at the spot, long wings trailing in the sand, before he suddenly sat down, his eyes going grey, a strangled keen leaving him. Siiiiiister! He cried. Zy'zi clutched a hand to his chest, tightening it into the cloth of his robe. He was filled with the keening of his dragonet. Slowly, one step at a time, he closed the gap between himself and the keening dragonet, fighting back tears the closer he got. "Iljunfanth... oh... sweet darling...." He murmured, finally reaching the spot where he sat. He fell to the sands, and Iljunfanth all but threw himself against his rider, burrowing his face into the folds of his robe, still keening sadly.

Shinosbee

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 am
Candidate Nalacko she/her

The last two beautiful dragons soon found their riders. Then a surprise as one last egg hatched to reveal a sad green. Nala felt tears trickle down her cheeks as the green spoke, her once and only time, then vanished. The teen hung her head a moment, then shuffled off the sands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two pairs of eyes watched the hatching and one particular candidate. Oh there was so much here he could useeee. Pity she failed again, he said to the brown lurking over him. Indeed, but the gold seem to like her. Ha! As in if you mean the gold just went to nuzzle her. Pathetic. Do note though mine that all around her did Impress. The brown observed. Indeed. Same as last time.

Oh yes. There was so much here to use........  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:26 pm
Ielin and Bronze Pellereth - Impression Post

Ielin is noting everything with a sense of peace. Nimbus had hatched, impressing to a girl--as did Ravenclaw. Expecto Patronum had also found His. Little Baby Mine had impressed as well, to a candidate he vaguely recalls from the hatching on the beach. That had left only two on the sands -- the little Beer Batter Brown, and Expelliarmus. Two left to find Theirs, for who could rush them. Yet the brown seemed more preoccupied with staring at himself--and Ielin can’t help but smile slightly. Expelliarmus was.. Was….

..marching over to him?

IelinMine, I am tired. I am hungry. And I am over this. Ielin couldn’t help but blink almost a little owlishly at the little bronze. Had this perfect dragon said.. his name? Called him His? The world washes away for the shimmering, light color of Pellereth’s hide. Even Ielin’s injuries don’t hurt in the face of those whirling rainbow facets. Yet the tidal wave hits him hard, of the crashing emotions that flooded into him. Joy, ire, hunger--Ielin can feel the aches in the valiant bronze even before he spoke of them. Your Pellereth has tried, but they don’t want to be good. And these bruises ache. Yet all Ielin can feel is love radiating across the newly made bond. For you are Mine, and I am Yours. Never did I believe that anyone but you would be Mine.

The lump finally seems to unstick from Ielin’s--I’lin’s throat, and he nods. For how could he have let his thoughts stray to any other dragon but Pellereth? “I am Yours, an’ you are Mine.” He all but croaks, but the surety washing over him from his dragon has him responding in tow. But Pellereth is sore, tired, and hungry--even if he puts on a good front to seem fine. “Y’did good, Pellereth. But let’s go.” Food, oil, sleep -- in that order.

But as the pair moves to start to move off the sands, Pellereth stalls. One foot still raised, planted firmly in a near stomp as he turns back towards the empty sands. I’lin had paused, looking where Pellereth’s gaze was fixed sadly. His eyes were now a rapid slurry of red, grey and white as he watched the last egg split open. Yet the small bronze leans into I’lin’s leg for the gentlest of physical reassurances, as the newly minted weyrling send a gentle wave of reassurance. I’lin’s breath caught as the little green made her way to where the bloodstain had been left behind, where a candidate had fallen. Do not turn your eyes away, Mine. Pellereth’s words came gentle but sure, pained at the edges for the strength of a front he put on. Looking away would be a dishonor to her loss. His keen joined the others as his little green cousin disappeared Between to join Hers.

Yet too-soon, they had to turn away to keep heading towards the feeding tables. He keeps his head up high from a gentle nudge from his dragon, striding together towards an empty place at the feeding tables. He sliced the bigger portions into smaller bites before popping them into the waiting mouth at his knee. Pellereth peered around, looking at his siblings and cousins while he munched.

Quote:
I'lin and Pellereth are open to interactions!!

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:31 pm
ar'din and alquemieth

At length Ar'din was allowed to rejoin his dragon, and he plopped down with a sigh. "Doesn't it," he agreed belatedly as he perused the things needed to oil Alquemieth. It was...quiet for a time. And for once, the man didn't feel the itch to shake things up in spite of it, as his bronze contented himself to companionable silence.

Alquemieth turned his head almost in sync with the rest of his clutchsibs, stilling. Aureliath had left them, it would seem, and the weyr mourned. And though Alquemieth had a strong sense of ranking, though she was only a green, bred as Threadfodder and nothing more, his calm-colored eyes tinged grey nonetheless. It was never a good day to lose a dragon, much less mere moments from the egg, even more because of all the trouble they had gone through before. He was already looking ahead, though, past the wails and keening, to what laid after the initial shock: the fury some of them must have on her behalf. The target they no doubt wanted an answer from. This was not something that would be settled within a sevenday. And this was but one death--the first of what could and would be more.

His voice was solemn and heavy with the weight of an oath. What's done has been done. But no more. No more bloodshed. No more rebelling. There will be order. That is what is more important, sister, more than anything I can ever give. Among the cries of his clutchsibs, Alquemieth sat as a gargoyle, his gaze stony as he watched. Even as he filtered through Ar'din's memories, grief was...a stranger come to visit. That he was powerless to keep the door shut to. But this was his home, his weyr. He would be damned if he did nothing.

Mictecath received a soothing mental nudge, an accompaniment to his promise, though he knew it paled to what Hers could give her. Just as it would to Anakumath, whom he might have cloaked with his wing as well had she not her protector to lean against; perhaps his thoughts would have to be enough, a drop in her endless bucket of outpouring love. Even Bossuth received a cool, calming touch, like a fresh layer of snow come to numb the pain.

It was as I said, brother, he said softly. This world is cruel. But you have Yours now. And you will always have me. You will be safe. A promise. A threat. An unbreakable bond.

It was Fianth that he had no words to prescribe. Alquemieth knew better than to attempt to touch any other clutchsibling's mind lest he be repulsed for this or that reason, but his mother deserved so much more than just his mental presence. He should have been there, leaning body to body, with something more substantial than, I'm so sorry, mother. But he shared his promise in the hopes that this might be even the slightest balm.

And he prayed, for ones he reached out to, and for the lost. She is free of pain and suffering now. May Faranth reunite them in what lies beyond. And may we see her again when it is our time.

Ar'din, who continued to say nothing, merely put a hand on the bronze's back and watched. This was not his death to mourn or feign participation in. He glanced at signs of movement and saw one of the last new rider pairs take a seat with the bronze he remember being particularly spitfire. "What a day," he half said, half sighed. “And it’s barely into the morning at that.”

xUta

xHattaki

xSweet Symmetry

xdemon_pachabel

xPrism Shine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm
Yulaniath bumped her head fondly against Shar's leg - her good leg, of course! - and trilled softly as Bossuth spoke. Her eyes were rimmed with yellow for a moment as she took in the bandaged leg of her rider, but she could feel that Shar was fine for now thanks to the numbweed and the exhilaration of Impressing. Bossuth's boy, however, needed attention and quickly.

Don't worry about Mine, Bossuth, just worry about yours. He needs you and your loving hearts. We'll meet again soon, she promised, reaching her head up to boop Bossuth's dangling tail fondly with her snout.

Shar motioned towards the healer's area as R'iz headed there with Bossuth in his arms, limbs and tail flopping rather adorably from his grasp. He wouldn't be that small for long, she knew, and she took a mental picture to remember her friend as determined as ever, carrying his new partner despite the pain he was in. She turned to Yulaniath to suggest heading towards the feeding area when everyone's attention was drawn back to the Sands.

Yulaniath was no exception as her dear sister discovered Hers was gone, and as she went to join him Between she gave a pained trumpet, the loss a surprise and terrible. No dragon should ever have to go through the realization that Theirs was gone at such a young age, and the dark green bowed her head with sorrow.

Dear sister...if only I could have helped...

Shar watched the ordeal stoically, her heart aching a bit at the thought of losing a baby dragon when every single one was needed. For a moment a flicker of anger passed through her, remembering the way the bronze that had killed him had done so for no apparent reason. But she pushed it down as Yulaniath looked up at her with a sad but questioning trill and she knelt carefully to scoop up her own small bundle of dragon much as R'iz had.

"There's nothing to be done but mourn her and her lost rider," she said quietly, stroking her fingers along Yulaniath's spines along her back. "As much as we wish it, there was nothing we could have done. Keeping her here would have only pained her."

I know, the little green said with a heavy voice, resting her head against Shar's shoulder. We will pick up what she would have brought to the Weyr. We'll fight for her in her stead to honor her memory.

Shar nodded in agreement, squeezing her little dragon to her chest as she headed towards the feeding area. Her wounds were fine for now - she was sure she'd need to be checked on later - and she had business to attend to in taking care of Hers. As sad as a baby jumping Between was, life went on and as Yulaniath had said, they would work twice as hard to keep the little green's memory alive.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:35 pm
Niika - EGG BETTING TRACKING

It didn't feel like the right time anymore to think about any of this. It really, didn't feel like time to celebrate.

CURRENT OOC WINNERS:

Faesinger
NovaCracker
Magnadearel
Sweet Symmetry
Tatterpixie
Akina Tokuwa
Houllow

faesinger
-Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch. - WIN
-Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead. - LOSS

-Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will choose a High Reaches candidate - -- (Character specified only *a* gold would hatch, 2 hatched voice) -
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr - WIN

-Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea) - -- (Specified 'it' referring to the gold that would win Ahlalei her bet, still moot)
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions. - So far there are 3. - LOSS

Lutz
-A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg. - LOSS, FIRST HP CLUTCH EGG WAS SLYTHERIN
-Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is. - Win

Princess_Feylin
-T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch. - LOSS
-Niika bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch. - LOSS

Teiha
-Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue. - WIN
-Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue. - WIN

-Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate. - YOU WISHED THIS INTO BEING YOU HORRIBLE PERSON
-Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions. - there are 3 - WIN

-Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death. - 1 Dead - LOSS

-Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed. - A minimum of 7 NON PACH CONTRIBUTION candidates have been maimed WIN

Meep
-Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate. - WIN, LOSS [Double loss because more than one hatched?] (Specified 'A' gold in actual verbage)
-Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average. - WIN, WATCHING SECOND GOLD (waiting for profile) [Double loss because more than one hatched?] (Specified 'Your' Gold, referring to the one that would win Sylfie's bet.)

dawns_aura
-Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more (PC) greens than blues overall - all in one - 2 golds, 21 Greens, 15 Blues. Fianth's clutch maimed 2, Rhianth's Clutch maimed a minimum of 7 - LOSS
-Niika makes no counter bet.

NovaCracker
-Amila is betting on Impressing a green.- WIN
-Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC. - WIN
-Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do. - 7 to HR, 3 to Western, 1 from Stands - LOSS

-Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a BROTHER from HIS shell - WIN (Imperio and Dementor)
-Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching. - WIN (Crucio and Sectum Sempra)

-(Aerone)that a white will hatch from either clutch. - Win
-Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl. - Win

ShinosBee
-Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching - LOSS
-Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate! - Loss

Magnadearel
-Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch! - LOSS

Sweet Symmetry
-Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch. - LOSS, SLYTHERIN HATCHED FIRST
-Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win. - Win

-Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch - WIN
-Niika bets first impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs - 36 Male, 25 Female - LOSS
-We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown - 1 ladyblue, 2 lady on a brown - WIN

-and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch. - LOSS
-Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's. - LOSS

ME
-Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate! - LOSS

-Niika has made no counter bet. - LOSS
****Pach cannot win an egg

Tatterpixie
-Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch. - WIN
-Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-Willim bets the first to hatch will be a bronze from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets the last to hatch will be a bronze from Fianth's - LOSS

Akina Tokuwa
-Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color. - 31 Girls, 31 Boys, So Many Unconventional Colors - LOSS BECAUSE TIE? - Giving it because the 'last' boy to impress...technically didn't. - WIN

-Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys. 8/21 Boys on Greens - LOSS

houllow
-Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate - LOSS - Mic went to Nyara who is HR
-Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates! - LOSS

-Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between - WIN
-Niika is betting that won't happen. - LOSS

Prism Shine
- Keris bets Phyrana will impress from Rhianth's clutch (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again)
-Niika bets Phyrana will impress a male dragon (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again
- DOUBLE LOSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:01 pm
Zyamel
The Hatching had flown by quickly. Egg after egg cracked and hatched, including a second gold. She wondered if her mother had held her breath and hoped, but ultimately, Zyamel was pleased when the queen picked out another girl on the Sands. Not because she had anything against golds, but because she had a plan. She knew exactly the sort of dragon she'd attract...or at least, she had a good idea. Her heart was that of a fighter... and there were so many beautiful greens between both clutches.

Oh, how she yearned to catch their eye. After Iathe Impressed--with a green she had secretly coveted--and the other girl had wandered elsewhere Zyamel decided to simply stay where she had originally planted herself. Though she was alone, and had no companions, that was fine by her. Part of the girl knew her focus needed to be on the Hatchlings anyway. This was their moment... And she needed to focus.

More and more dragons hatched, but not a one seemed to look her way or seem particularly interested in what she had to offer. Well, she mused, that was likely just as well. Zyamel knew that it took all kinds and nobody but the baby dragons knew exactly what they were looking for; the dragons knew best, and no matter how peculiar an Impression, or how the rest of Pern felt--if a dragon Impressed, then no other would do. If her match wasn't in one of these clutches, then so be it. She'd stood in enough Hatchings to know how to handle the thought of rejection. It didn't matter how badly she wanted Hers to be on the Sands...if they weren't shelled then there was nothing to do but wait. Besides which, Martirae had Impressed. Iathe had Impressed. Hell, even that girl hanging out with the lot of them had Impressed. She'd have friends to congratulate, and some ladies to dance with at the Feast....

Whites, brown, bronze, and blue... Was that it? No more greens? Surely, that couldn't be it. The girl had resigned herself to her fate as she watched the bronze seek out His. All that was left was a brown and a few dud eggs. While there was no denying the brown dragon was quite a handsome sort--his colors rich but turning into a subtle fade; intricate markings upon his legs, and a splash of pale along his neck--it never occurred to her to ever consider Impressing a brown.

Perhaps it was how her mother raised her; perhaps it was the traditions of the Weyr. Though her father was a brownrider, Zyamel had always yearned for a fierce green since she'd been old enough to understand. Eveleth was grand as a gold, but it were the smaller greens that had always caught her eye. Age had never shifted such an idea; as they were the most populous of dragoncolor, it made sense if she were to Impress it would be one of them. Oh, she would have happily cooed over a blue, or even a white, but a brown? The idea simply never registered with her.

....and yet. The voice that spoke to her made her freeze. Hey, Zyamel. Come check this out. I'm basically perfect.

The girl arched a brow. She hadn't much been paying attention to what the brown was doing. Staring at himself in an eggshell, really. And yet... He was speaking to her. The voice was foreign and yet she knew it. It was warm, arrogant, and almost a bit fuzzy. It was a masculine voice, and yet the most precious of them all. It wasn't at all like Eveleth's; or even the Western bronze. It was...a perfect voice. If you want to look at your Venandith, anyway.

She didn't know when she moved. The small boned girl started forward immediately, not because he had planted hte idea, but because there was suddenly no where else on Pern she wanted to be. "Of course I want to look at you, you arrogant beast!" She laughed, a smile quite suddenly spreading broadly upon her features. Making her way to the dragonet's side, she reached out and pulled the brown's face away from his reflection in the egg shells.

The brown dragon almost objected but then again, the only being on Pern who almost as perfect as he, was her. And if he couldn't stare at himself, then he could at least admire her. His eyes whirled rainbow, even as Zyamel stroked his cheek, his eyeridges, and headknobs.

Impression was made, and there was no way to properly describe it. Though Zyamel had arrogantly thought she was prepared for such a deep bond, she found out how quickly she was wrong. Indescribable was right. In one moment, she had been nothing but a lonely girl, striving to make a name for herself in the shadow of her parents... Now, she was finally whole. There was no loneliness to be found, because she had him. There was no fear of not Impressing, because she had the most perfect partner. Any envy over Iathe or any of the others who had Impressed before now was was suddenly non-existent, for how could she be jealous when he was gazing up at her so? One life, now wrapped up completely with that of another. She knew his every thought, his every feeling, his every whim; she felt his approval, his satisfaction at having found her, his utter love and devotion to her and only her. She never needed to fear being nothing, because now she had everything. She knew his arrogance rivaled her own, and yet... She did not fault him or blame him. In fact, she loved him for it. They truly were perfect! How could she have wanted a green when it was a brown that was her missing piece?

"His name's Venandith," she whispered. She knew nobody would hear, and less even cared but it felt right. It was the traditional way to herald in Impression. If there were tears, she didn't notice or care; all the pair of them could do was drink in one another. But hunger... and a need to be admired.... eventually brought the girl back to her senses.

"Come along then," she laughed again. Venandith didn't have to say anything and yet she knew what he wanted, what he needed. He was hungry, ravenous even, and yet all he wanted was more attention and admiration. He truly was deserving of any and all praise, and the longer they stayed in here, the less he would--

And suddenly there was a keen. Zyamel hadn't noticed that another egg hatched, much less that the dragonet was searching for Hers. So caught up in her brown, the rest of the world surely meant little to her in those first, ever-important moments. And yet... that moment was broken. One moment, a green was there, the next she was gone.

The dragons in the Sands began to wail and keen. She knew that sound. Venandith, self-centered as he might be, at least had the decency to have his eyes whirl grey. The green was one of his sisters, one of his clutchmates...and potentially one of many who might have admired him. Her loss was devastating, and startling to the brown. Though he was relatively fearless, he did lean closer to His, and even offered a sad keen himself.

....whether that was for the loss of the green or the loss of his glorious entrance to the world, only Zyamel truly knew.

But for the long-haired girl... That pain, that hurt. Dragon death was never pleasant to be around, and to have the Hatching sullied by not one, but two losses, was a tragedy. Fianth, Krahsujunth.... And yet, there was nothing anyone could do. The green had to be with Hers, and she hoped, within the cold of Between, they might well be united. Death was no stranger to a dragonrider. It was practically a guarantee on a fighting dragon, and sometimes, there was no time to truly mourn or process. Furthermore, her beloved little brown still had to be fed, oiled, and socialized. "Come on, Venandith," she murmured, keeping her hand upon the brown's neck.

The brown gave a small rumble. They'll feel better once I've arrived. Still, the baby brown wasn't entirely heartless. His eyes were less bright, and he did turn to take a peek at his mighty father and mother. A small touch of love and condolences from the small baby brown.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 am
Tahirah of brown Taoloth

Things were going smoothly in the feeding area. Taoloth was quite pleased to be sitting near his green sister Saevath and hers, especially since his Tahirah was already close to his sisters rider. The little brown was quite happy to take the pieces of meat that were offered to him, not ever snapping at his riders hand for more. No, if he was not being fed quite as fast as he wanted to be Taoloth would not react with such behavior, instead a soft keen would be given as well as a gently nudge against her hand to remind her of his need, not to mention a push of hunger through their bond. Tahirah was quick to catch onto these signs, noticing already how her dragon was beginning to try and work in a manipulative way, but she didn't fear the brown trying to twist her in any way.

It was a loud roar that shook the cavern that caused Tahirah to pause and Taoloth to turn his head to glance at the opening. His eyes whirled with curiosity at what could have gotten his grandmother so incensed, a small chuckle entering Tahirah's mind. It seems the rest of my siblings and cousins are scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Taoloth was pleased with when he had chosen his, Tahirah was only for him after all, but well he was glad to be here listening to the drama then be out there among it.

The rest of the candidates aren't all bad Taoloth. Some just...might not make the best choices. How did you sharding fall asleep on the Sands? Yes it was early but did they not have to get up early to start their day and work on the chores that were given to them, before they went to lessons? It wasn't lost on her how the behavior of the candidates at this hatching was....deplorable at best. It still amazed her that a group of candidates had gone to an egg that had asked for help and punched! it! Even though the dragonet within had asked for help, going to assist the egg on their own, when it had not called to them as its rider, was just...wrong. She knew they should have notified Fianth or Olliah to help the egg, but they didn't. Even still, although she couldn't understand what exactly had been going through their minds to make that decision, she knew that the adrenaline and worry would have rushed through them and made them forget about what they should have done.

There will probably be repercussions. Taoloth's voice was lazy as they finally moved to begin to oil him. Tahirah had been scratching a spot on her own arm for a couple of minutes before realizing that it was actually coming from her brown. "I know that, and I don't think they were thinking about anything but helping your cousin out of her egg."

Before Tahirah was able to begin oiling Taoloth, or for him to respond to her, a voice entered all of their minds. There was amusement at what was going on, from the words the bronze said and then the reactions of all of those present, even his golden mother using her power against the bronze. Well, things certainly got more interesting. To think of saying such things outright and to the senior Queen no less. Taoloth shook his wedged head and then cooed at Tahirah as she went back to oiling him. Even here she was feeling the tension that was coming from the sands. This hatching was...strange...in her mind at least.

It took a few moments, but she finished oiling her brown and the two of them moved to coil up with one another. Taoloth was beginning to feel tired and Tahirah was feeling it as well. Getting up early was something she was use to, but the adrenaline of rushing awake to come to the sands and then impressing, was slowly draining away. Her body felt like it was growing heavier and she was beginning to close her eyes as her head rested against Taoloths, when there was a keen from the sands.

Taoloth lifted his head, turning to look at the opening that lead to the sands, his eyes changing to a worried whirling gray as he let out a keen matching as well. It seems...that young man that brother Cadereth dispatched was meant for one of my cousins. She has gone between to find him. While there was a sadness in his words, the coldness and directness of his words caused her to pause. She could feel her heart clench and she moved closer to Taoloth, wrapping her arms around the brown and letting him coil more closely around her. She needed his calming presence and his love. She had been on the sands when Shinnikan had been killed. Seeing it happen, even though she knew there had been a chance, had been heart breaking, especially when his sister had rushed forward. It didn't make matters better knowing that there had been a green waiting for him, a green that had hatched too late to save hers and went between to meet her fate. If Cadereth had wished, the could have been any of them that had been present upon the sands..I would not have let him, Tahirahmine. Brother is strong and he may be callous, but he knows not to alienate or rid himself of those he needs. Taoloth's words were comforting for the most part but she still could not help but allow her heart to hurt and Taoloth was content to stay curled with her.

L'ius of blue Tierth

L;ius had only managed to get Tierth to focus and eat a couple of bites of wherry when the keen came from the sands. The light blue hatchling was quick to let out another keen and rush to the opening they had come from. L'ius scrambled after his blue, reaching him just as he was going to go through the opening. His arms wrapped around him, the sight of the green just disappearing from the bloodied spot on the sands.

Heartache hit L'ius hard, his grip holding Tierth tight to him as the blue keened and keened. The young man was finally able to pick the blue up again as he turned his wedged head in and buried it against his rider's chest.

No! L'iusmine...did i not do enough? i should have stayed to try and protect her...i should have hatched quicker to protect hers from Cadereth... Tierth would have continued if L'ius hadn't calming shushed him, running his hand along the blue as he moved back to their spot, sitting down but being careful not to dislodge the blue from his spot. No, Tierth. Don't let this dampen you. You did everything you could, even if you had hatched earlier there is still a chance he might have died. It happened so quickly, no one was prepared for it. L'ius could still remember the sight of it, it had been so sudden that the only chance to react was after the fact.

While his words did help to calm Tierth down, it did not get rid of the sadness that was shared between dragon and rider. It was a terrible loss on both sides and, perhaps the worst part of it, was the fact that nothing could change it.

C'ryn of bronze Aresoth

Well, things had certainly gotten out of hand but Aresoth kept himself from bristling more as it finally seemed to return to a semblance of normalcy. He couldn't understand what some of these candidates had been thinking, it really was quite inane some of the things they had done during this hatching. And that bronze...to think he would even dare to speak to their senior Queen in such a way? It was truly insulting and if this was how Westerner's really thought of those at High Reaches, then they were better off without being allies, in his mind at least.

C'ryn, for his part, was doing his best to pay attention to the rest of the hatching to mitigate his own thoughts and worries and try to keep from feeling C'ryn's anger. While he was just as upset by the bronze's actions, and that of his rider, he didn't want to allow himself to focus on that. There was only one thing he was truly focusing on, even if it was like a broken record and it would be until he was able to see her again. Kiri...

The young man's heart ached when he thought back to her cries after her brother died, how she had yelled at the bronze to get off of him. The callous actions of the bronze had struck C'ryn and bothered him just as they had Aresoth. None of them knew if the young man had thought something wrong or...if the bronze had just wanted to attack...It was just the pain he had been able to hear and see on her form that was causing C'ryn's heart to clench, making him have to fight back the urge to run to her right that moment. She needed time with her brother, time to mourn for a moment before she was suddenly overwhelmed by a friend, even a good meaning on.

A keen from the sands as the last pair impressed had C'ryn come out of his thoughts. Aresoth watched closely as well as a dainty green hatched from an egg that had not moved the entire time. In truth the bronze had decided it had been a dud and yet this green seemed to be looking for hers. Instead of moving to the candidates the green stopped at the spot where Shinnikan's body had lain and C'ryn felt his heart drop into the pit of his stomach. Oh...oh no... When the little green keened, Aresoth let out a keen as well and then she was gone. The bronze's keen did not stop when the little green disappeared and C'ryn felt the ground drop out from underneath him. He had to place a hand onto Aresoth to steady himself, not realizing that he was breathing a bit harder then he normally would have. There were tears pricking the edges of his eyes and the bronzerider did nothing to wipe them away, up where he was with Aresoth, he let the tears fall onto the stone of their perch. He allowed himself to break down, allowed himself to cry for Shinnikan, for Kiri and for the little green that had gone between to find hers. He cried for Fianth and Krahsujunth who had lost one of their children. He cried for the rest of their children as they had lost a sister, just as he had cried for Huarwar when the new of Henwas' own death during a hatching came to him.

Pressing himself against Aresoth, C'ryn just allowed himself to sag against the bronze's hide and cry.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff