Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Chaos Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vante Vamyx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:18 am
They're awsome looking, but to me they just seem weaker than my dreadnaughts on the battlefield (So to speak). I do chaos marines like everyone else but I rarely use them, I seem to always use dreadnaughts alot...I am so predictable, aren't I? But at least I win with them all the time

(P.S: I might have misspelled dreadnaughts so please excuse the misspelling if they're is any)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:05 pm
yo_momma117
I cant decide which chaos god to go for, or go for undivided.
Even though I like charging and hacking up models, the radical part where everything charges the nearest thing is a bit too much, so Im ruling khorne out.

Try Slaanesh, you can give your marines strombolters for +5 points (in the form of a sonic blaster) and also put your opponent at -1 initiative (with warp scream) not only that, but Slaaneshi daemons have rending.  

Symphony of Discord

Dapper Conversationalist

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:25 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Said killing machine not point sink :p

He's good enough. D:

-Mykal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:06 pm
Maybe I should add some chaos marines to list this year, or maybe just the codex so I can study a bit before I get into them.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:19 pm
yo_momma117
Maybe I should add some chaos marines to list this year, or maybe just the codex so I can study a bit before I get into them.

A codex is usually the place to start.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:11 am
And honestly, there really isn't any reason not to own most of the Codexes even if you don't collect the army.

But perhaps that's because I enjoy a good game of forum Theoryhammer.  

FlashbackJon

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:54 pm
FlashbackJon
And honestly, there really isn't any reason not to own most of the Codexes even if you don't collect the army.

But perhaps that's because I enjoy a good game of forum Theoryhammer.

Agreed, I dont play chaos yet, and i doubt Ill ever play Dark Eldar. Also good to know your enemy, especially chaos players. Who for whatever reason I see more dishonest people play chaos, though it could just be due to the complexiy of their list so perhaps they feel its easier to sneak in points or rules here or there. Having a chaos codex has been a great friend in fighting them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:07 am
This is true though, most cheaters (for whatever reason) I have seen play Chaos. I myself play Chaos at my local store which has like 4 regular players. The standard is quite high, if you play with us you improve to where we are or you generally stop playing (its better than it sounds trust me).

When I went to london this year I saw a chaos player who played his berserkers with 4 attacks base each.
1 standard,
1 for weaponry,
1 because they are beserkers
1 for bloodrage

I also saw him playing his army with a khornate Daemon prince and a Nurgle lieutenant (standard force organisation for the record).

Then I also found many people (although I see this everywhere >.>) when someone is outside of rapid fire range, is able to get in an assault with all models in the next turn (standard move and assault). Sneaking of inches in all possible ways.

Theres also tons of people who play 3 units of 1 obliterator in non ironguard armies etc.

I guess it is the complexity of the list -.- but still -.-  

Seraphine-Exalted

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:47 am

Don't Khorne get 1, +1 for CCW, +1 for mark of Khorne, and then +1 for something else? I'm sure there's a way (though charging) to get 4 or 5 attacks...

-Mykal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:08 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
This is true though, most cheaters (for whatever reason) I have seen play Chaos. I myself play Chaos at my local store which has like 4 regular players. The standard is quite high, if you play with us you improve to where we are or you generally stop playing (its better than it sounds trust me).

When I went to london this year I saw a chaos player who played his berserkers with 4 attacks base each.
1 standard,
1 for weaponry,
1 because they are beserkers
1 for bloodrage

I also saw him playing his army with a khornate Daemon prince and a Nurgle lieutenant (standard force organisation for the record).

Then I also found many people (although I see this everywhere >.>) when someone is outside of rapid fire range, is able to get in an assault with all models in the next turn (standard move and assault). Sneaking of inches in all possible ways.

Theres also tons of people who play 3 units of 1 obliterator in non ironguard armies etc.

I guess it is the complexity of the list -.- but still -.-

Why would you need to split obliterators. As I remember theyre not bound to unit coherency, though i could just be forgetting, i dont read my chaos codex often.

King Kento

craven_raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:19 pm
I prefer to use tatics, skill and hopefully a bit of luck rather than having a souped up chaos army.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:32 pm
I just saw a pretty cool looking thousands son army destroy a khorne army

Khorne had 4 units of berserkers with aschamps and powerfist and the unit had axes and furious charge. A greater Daemon, a dreadnought, and a daemon prince. A good army if you like hammer basically.

Son's had one unit of 5 termis upgraded from reguar marines, so termis with 2 wounds, his lord was attached wo this unit with 4 thrall wizards. Th rest was sommoned. 3 sqauds of favored flamers of tzeentch upgraded of course to have doombolt. then a unit of favored screamers.

I dont know much else, i had a game of my own to play all i know and i turned around for like 10 min to play my game and when i looked again. most of the khorne was gone. holly $%&*. The only thing the army had trouble with was the dread since al he had to deal with it was a bolt of change.  

Samulin

craven_raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:43 am
Samulin

Khorne had 4 units of berserkers with aschamps and powerfist and the unit had axes and furious charge. A greater Daemon, a dreadnought, and a daemon prince. A good army if you like hammer basically.

Son's had one unit of 5 termis upgraded from reguar marines, so termis with 2 wounds, his lord was attached wo this unit with 4 thrall wizards. Th rest was sommoned. 3 sqauds of favored flamers of tzeentch upgraded of course to have doombolt. then a unit of favored screamers.

I dont know much else, i had a game of my own to play all i know and i turned around for like 10 min to play my game and when i looked again. most of the khorne was gone. holly $%&*. The only thing the army had trouble with was the dread since al he had to deal with it was a bolt of change.

Yeah games between forces of rival gods are often good.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:35 pm
craven_raven
Samulin

Yeah games between forces of rival gods are often good.

It wasnt the fact that it was a battle between two gods, but how the tzeentch army was ran. Everything except a unit of 5 termis with the chaos lord was on the board in the begining, everything else was sommoned. i had though about that army, but to see it was awesome and how it performed. wonderful. the favored number of tzeentch is 9, so 9 flamers of the tzeentch can pump out 28 s5 ap4 shots! and he had 3 units of these and they all came on the board at the same time. oh i feel sorry that khorn player.....And when he got into combat with his korn berserkers he was met by 2 wound temis and thier angry lord. It was a slaughter.  

Samulin

Daicon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:08 pm
I've recently been thinking about starting a Khornate army in 40k. One of my friends already plays a Khorne list, so I'm well aware of just what it's main advantages and disadvantages are. Really, I'm just here to bounce around ideas. I've got a rough idea of how I want the army to run, but I'm open to seeing how other people feel some of the most effective ways to minimize the downsides of a World Eater's list.

With that, I invite you all to pitch me anything at all that comes to mind. smile

40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games