Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply The Inn of Peace - Fun & Light Role Play
[RP] Around the IoP (Open to all) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1025 1026 1027 1028 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 pm
Jacobs Residence

Gren smiled knowingly, taking a blueberry for himself with a hum. Ah, parents.
"I'll remember that."

Durem General

Remy hummed, hands in his pockets. "Not true, actually. She took it knowing full well what it was, in order to save someone else, against his counsel, and probably without his permission. Don't make my honey's decisions his fault: she's a grown woman in charge of her own medical welfare, and was fully informed of the repercussions." replied the vampire bluntly. "It damn near killed him to see her here. He hates that formula."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 pm
Jacobs Residence

"It's a good thing to remember," May echoed. "Especially if you plan on havin' any of your own."

"Um, May...Gren's--"

"I know, hon. He and that ritzy devil of a man," she winked. "World's changin'. They can adopt."

Sosol held back a snicker. There were reasons he loved his mother so much...this was one of them.

Durem General

"Because it doesn't work, either way," David scoffed. "It doesn't grant the super power promised, and it can't even kill someone quick enough to be a good poison."

"But it does work!" Max interjected loudly. "Ya just gotta take it right, ya dummy! I ain't here 'cuz-a poison...I'm here 'cuz I took too much an' got too super. Betcha he'd let ya try it again ta prove it." She beamed with infectious enthusiasm. If he could only see it wasn't on purpose...maybe he'd get it.

"I don't want to be near anything like it ever again," he answered flatly. "I mostly don't want to be near anything like him again...but I have to. I have to make sure, even if he's alive, he's not a danger to anyone." The words were 'anyone', but he could have honestly simply said his family. His beautiful wife, his growing son...and the object of his nightmares, back from the dead. "I want to be able to look him in the eye...and know that he's safe."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:07 pm
Jacobs Residence

Gren smiled, chuckling. "We will, someday, when Eli's got himself together. he worries so much, whether or not he'd make a good father...ah, well. Until then, volunteering and charity will have to do."

He glanced to Azana, smirking. The hot potato was now hers.

Durem General

The pit of his stomach churned slightly.

"Sounds like you want him locked up again." he replied bitterly. "I don't suppose it helps to say that he didn't have an ounce of malice toward you from the start of this mess, or any now?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 pm
Jacobs Residence

Azana drummed her fingers on her own arm, letting her mild annoyance come through toward him. She didn't want to have the grandchildren conversation again. How many times did that make it now? Yes, she'd get to it. Sometime. Maybe.

I'd be a little scared of what I'd come up with...can't imagine I'd be a good mom.

I think you would, Sol chimed in after a short apology for the intrusion. Even if you don't believe in your own capability yet, you at least have a long list of what not to do...and May's a good teacher.

"Sol!" May called sharply. "If you're gonna say it up there, you know you can say it out loud. What is it?"

"The conversation had Az and I thinking about our future...you know, children and the like. We're still figuring out some of the details, and..." He grimaced a little, hoping that the c-word didn't start up that whole thing again.

"We're not getting younger," Will reminded him as he joined the others. "I know you two got a bit of a late start, but it's been years now...you both have stable jobs, a place to live. What's holding you back?"

"I am," Azana readily confessed, cheeks flushed and aggravation rising. "No amount of pushing is going to change that, so just lay off."

"Azana...he didn't mean it like that," May frowned, delicately trying to smooth the situation. No need to ruin an evening with this.

Durem General

"If that's what it takes," David answered stoically, the discussion of a lack of malice about as ineffective as breaking a brick wall with a wet rag.

Max frowned in thought, brows furrowed. She'd met people like this before...kinda like Ixion. They had their beliefs, and they didn't really drop them for much of anything. David had spent years believing Ty was some monster to be chained up or put down. Just the two of them weren't going to change that. She had to hit him where it counted...but that would cost information.

Ty's worth it...he's worth that an' more... She reminded herself with a resolute nod. "Ugh, this is gonna take a minute on a smartphone...I can prove he loves ya."

"It doesn't take malice...even malice assumes he cared," David declared, ignoring Max's claim utterly as his focus was entirely on this vampire.

"Oh, for--stupid touchscreen bullcrap...Remy, make sure he doesn't leave 'til he sees this, kay?"  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:47 pm
Jacobs Residence

Gren nibbled a blueberry.

"Forcing a rose to bloom by opening the bud's petals makes it die faster."
he commented calmly. "Things come as they come."

Durem General

Remy sighed through his nose. "He does care, I promise... I'm not about to try and argue this on his behalf, but I just want some reassurance that you aren't gonna go for his throat, okay? You're the guy hunting my pal down, after all."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:03 pm
Jacobs Residence

Thanks, Sosol sent to Gren, watching the tension begin to wane. Azana had gone from an annoyed stare to watching the plants, Will took a deep, long breath and walked past to May, who offered a berry.

"Can't blame us for being anxious...you always look forward to the raspberries, don't you, Sol? Months before they're ripe," May chuckled. "You always would tell me you could see them full of berries...that you wanted them now."

"I get it...I just...sorry." Azana's shoulders drooped. "It's a lot of pressure for me...but I know you just want to meet them, whenever it happens."

Durem General

"There's little of that to provide," David frowned. "Especially if he makes the first move. I have my family to think of."

"He already has," Max smirked, reciting a long string of digits. "Recognize 'em...?"

"Our savings account...Bobby's college fund! How did you--"

"Hacker. Duh," Max winked. "But yeah...check the activity."

"We auto-deposit into it every month," David answered with pride, looking over it before noticing something.

"Good! You're not a dummy...lookit that lightbulb! See those? That's Ty, clever man that he is. Made a fake account and has been auto-depositing as you for a couple years now...ever since he found out he's an uncle." Max smiled, remembering that day. "Honestly, if he ever had the inclination ta mess with ya, he would've by now."

David gawked at it, shaking his head slowly in disbelief. "He's...been watching us...and he can do all this..."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:14 pm
Jacobs Residence

You don't need to be sorry for taking your time. he thought softly to Azana. If you even want children at all. Not sure that I do ether.

Durem General

Remy winced, smelling the adrenaline and fear creeping about.

"Max, sweetie, that's not helping. Like, at all." he cringed. "That makes him sound like some kinda creepo stalker, instead of an awkward guy trying to do good by a family he's scared to approach properly."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:12 pm
Durem General

"Well, it's kinda hard ta go ta reunions or just drop by when you're s'posed ta be dead on paper..." Max reminded him with a huff.

"There's no honest man who needs to fake death," David snarled. "And he's this close to my family. I will not stand for it!" He reached for Max's phone, now conveniently unlocked and in her hands.

"H-hey!" Max pulled away, though her height while sitting down wasn't doing much to keep it from him. "Back off! You're being even creepier right now!"

Jacobs Residence

The walk through the garden was doing wonders. Azana was relaxed again, comforted by some soothing thought from Gren. She wanted them, but she just never felt ready. With her line of work, how could she continue while pregnant? What about with an infant? Sure, there was maternity leave, but now would she make that balance?

I can't let them down...the GMO, or whatever kids come...

Sosol didn't say anything but tried his best to send support and calm, enjoying the sunset sky and the vibrant colors around them. He could tell they had rounded the back and were heading back to the house, the first fireflies dancing.

"Too bad you can't stay light...the stars are lovely when you aren't in the city," May lamented, walking through the door that Will now held open.

"We're not that urban at the Inn..." Azana muttered, finding May's slightly dramatic sadness awkward.  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:59 pm
Durem General

In a blink, Remy was across the room with the phone in his pocket. "David, people do the stupidest things when they're frightened. And if he had come right up to your family and tried acting as if he'd done nothing wrong and was an honest man, you'd still think he was up to something, don't deny it. He thinks that it's better that you think he's dead and you never see your brother again, but is working on the side to try and support you, even if it's in a cockeyed way. You want to see him? Fine. But I'm not about to let you hurt him, all right?"

Jacobs Residence

Gren hummed, gazing up to the stars as he followed in.

"Orion's rising."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 pm
Durem General

"..." David shrugged in defeat. There was little he could do about the vampire, the hacker had easily found his financial information, and without either of them, he wouldn't get where he was going. "Take me to him, if you must."

"H-hey! You're not leavin' without me!" Max pouted. "I'm feeling better, honest!"

Jacobs Residence

"The hunter...?" Azana looked around, not seeing what he was. "Where?"

May continued on, yawning slightly. With these longer days, setting with the sun wasn't so bad...

"Well, it's been lovely ta see ya, son, Az," Will addressed them, "but May's lookin' right tired...don't be such strangers, alright?"  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 pm
Durem General

"Why don't we have Ty come here?" he asked Max. "Neutral zone, security for both sides of the fence in case things get weird..."

Jacobs Residence

Gren smiled, offering a hand. "It was good to see you both again, Will...thank you for having me."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:25 pm
Durem General

"Sounds great 'n all, but I still haven't gotten a text back from when I told 'im about this guy...I don't think he'd be too thrilled 'bout comin' back if he's here..." Max answered, her thoughts mulling it over even as she discussed it. "Prob'ly hasn't stopped overthinkin' it yet, figurin' out what might happen. Plannin' for it."

"He was already out here once...just tell him I left." David took a seat, clearly not planning on leaving the two alone now that they became his yellow brick road to Tyler.

Jacobs Residence

"Maybe next time May won't hog ya all evenin'...you could see my workshop, out in the garage." Will shook it firmly, skin a little rough and calloused from hard but rewarding woodwork. "You are gonna come back, right?"

"I'll drag him if I have to," Azana offered. "I don't think you've been on my new broom yet, have you?"

"Az, don't threaten him," Sosol chuckled. "That'll scare him off."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:42 pm
Durem General

Remy sighed, pulling out his own phone and calling Tyler. "No faster way than to ask outright."

Jacobs Residence

"Be my pleasure." he grinned, shaking in turn. He respected hands like Will's.

At the prospect of being scared off, he glanced back, giving Sosol a wry look. "Sure, that's the straw that'll break my back. Of course."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:15 pm
Durem General

The phone rang, almost going to voicemail before a voice picked up. "Now is not the best of times, Remy. But I'll listen. What's up?" Tinkering could clearly be heard in the background, and even a bit of music. Was he on speaker phone, or a headset?

Max sat in somewhat awkward silence with David, not quite sure how to break the ice after the failed attempt to show off that Ty cared.

David seemed disinterested in Max entirely, staring intently at the vampire and his phone. He had put far too much effort into this, too much time...

Jacobs Residence

Sosol laughed, catching a sly smile from his father, as well.

"Just no backseat driving, okay?" Azana winked as she put a hand on Gren's shoulder. "Only Sol's allowed to do that."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 pm
Durem General

"Long story short: your brother's here in Max's hospital room, he wants to see you pronto. Giving me the hairy eyeball, too. You, uh, you wanna come here and sort this out? He's not gonna let up, so, uh...probably oughta face the music."

Jacobs Residence

Gren simply chuckled, adjusting his teleporter. "As if I knew how to fly that thing? No thanks."  
The Inn of Peace - Fun & Light Role Play

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1025 1026 1027 1028 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games