Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply The Inn of Peace - Fun & Light Role Play
[RP] Around the IoP (Open to all) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:44 pm
Jacobs Residence

"Thanks, Sol." he smiled, taking the spoon and serving himself. His portions were quite polite, clearly a matter of consideration for his hosts. After all, seconds could always be taken.

He waited to wait until all had been served, despite May's insistence. They had their ways, but he had his, and goodness, he didn't want to rush the pleasure of a family dinner.

"So," he asked, once things had begun, "what do you two do?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:45 pm
Jacobs Residence

May passed around a bowl after helping herself to some of its contents. "Well, technically I'm retired...but I tend quite a large garden and sell crafts in my spare time," she answered with a lighthearted spring to her words. "I never really hoped to be more than what I am now...money's tight sometimes, but I'm happy."

"Woodworking," Will answered with a resolute nod. "Not much business for it anymore, but the local theater likes askin' me to help with their sets and props sometimes. May's been trying to yank me into the furniture business...I think she just wants to paint something that ain't flat."

Azana had filled her plate and decided to be the less polite of the group. Otherwise, they'd likely never eat at all. "You should see some of May's art," she chimed in between bites. "She's got a completely different style than Remy, and she could even sew!"

Sosol beamed with pride. Despite his long absence from them, he truly loved and took pride in his parents.  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:14 pm
Jacobs Residence

Gren smiled, enjoying a bite. He knew how that felt, money being tight...not recently, of course, but poverty never really leaves a mind, once it's been felt with any kind of impact.

"I'd be glad to...I love seeing what other people create."
he grinned. "Woodworking and painting alike...I've got no talent with visual arts, so I've just gotten to be a happy audience."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:50 pm
Jacobs Residence

"Oh? I remember hearing about how talented you were," May replied in sly disbelief, though she couldn't remember his talent. She glanced to her son, but he seemed vaguely distracted from the conversation and the meal. No help there, unfortunately.

Azana blinked, looking to her husband for a moment as she took a sip of her drink. Sol...? What're you--oh...oh! It was a short burst, just enough to get the message. He was a little distracted, but entirely focused. With a light but knowing smile, she joined the conversation. "That's because he's an incredibly good musician," she answered on her husband's behalf, determined to converse for two. "He's heavenly on a sax, and he even knows the piano!"

"Saxophone, eh?" Will gave a nod. "Sure beats a flute or some nonsense...I can't play anything ta save my life. Thought 'bout the guitar once or twice, but nah. Busy enough buildin'."

Durem General

The Knights had settled down and left to pursue their leads, and Tyler had somehow convince Remy to go on an errand. She hadn't said a word or pointed a finger so far, not that she could say much. Her voice, while there and relatively clear, remained dry and raspy.

"...for all my intellect, the depths I've explored of our own programming, you still elude me," he muttered quietly in the hush of the beeps and whirs of machines. "Why...? Why take it...? And you didn't even think to check the dose..."

"...Ty..." Max rasped, weakly sipping on a rather elaborate and ridiculous crazy straw (donated by a friend after seeing a tweet about her). She had managed to use the buttons and adjust the bed to have her sit, but she was still pretty wiped out. "Sorry...I just...wanted...ta be a hero..."

Ty's brows furrowed at the explanation. "...you're an idiot, you know that, right...?" He asked bitterly, even as his voice shook slightly.

"I know...I sucked..." She glanced away, eyes watering. "I couldn't...save 'er myself...ya don't gotta rub it in..." She caught motion out of the corner of her eye and winced until she felt a gentle pressure around her.

"Quit deluding yourself," he said after a silent moment, arms around her as best able in her hospital bed. "You've saved more people than you know, countless times. Doing it by yourself, doing it with others...that doesn't change any of it."

"Yes it does!" She squeaked, tensing in the discomforting closeness and the pain of her own cry. "I'm not even on the lines! I just sit back an' watch! I haven't saved a single person by myself. Not the mental patients, not the Knights...nothin'. Nobody."

"Tch." Tyler let go, waiting for her to look before saying a word. She was curious. She'd wonder. He'd wait...there it was. "That's gotta be the worst nickname yet...nobody. I'm hurt."

"...wha?" Max blinked, taking a long sip to wet her parched throat. She was surprised she went on a tirade like that and didn't cough. Maybe she was getting better, after all.

"...you saved me. By yourself." He relaxed slightly, rather displeased with the tension in his shoulders and the slight crunch that came with motion. Too much time in a hospital chair. "Sure, it wasn't flashy spell-slinging or serum-induced heroics...but it was you. All you. You're the reason I'm still here. You were looking for something you already had, and it damn near killed you."

"...sorry..." Max frowned, staring down at the blanket. "I know...I musta scared ya...after your brother an' all."

There it was. That electric tingle up the spine just at the memory of dear David. Especially now that he was spotted. He wasn't sure what would change, if anything. He doubted his brother wanted a family reunion...then again, why would he go through the trouble of hiring a private eye?

"A vast understatement...I care about you a lot more."

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:16 pm
Jacobs Residence

He nodded, smiling crookedly, a bit shy at the praise but admittedly glad to receive it. "Geez, Az...you're gonna give me a big head, keep talking like that."

Sipping his water, he nodded. "I play in a jazz group at high-end hotels and clubs, these days...can't say I don't miss a few of the old dives, though, so I've been known to go to open mike nights."

He chuckled however, at the mention of flutes: saxophones were technically woodwinds too! "Talent is talent, in any medium."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:54 pm
Jacobs Residence

"Glad ta hear...I don't have a suit fancy enough for those hotel clubs," Will chuckled. "An' you're right...talent's talent. I build, darlin' May grows, ya play some smooth music, an' Sol-- what're ya doin', son?" He blinked in puzzlement, somewhat familiar with that calm, distant stare but unsure of why he'd be doing it at the dinner table.

"Hm?" He blinked, concentration broken for a moment. "Oh, sorry...I was just thinking about dinner." Among other things...Az, cover for me. It still needs more time.

You couldn't do this before...? She groaned inwardly. "I mean, how'd we do? My talent isn't exactly cooking, you know..."

"Well, it could use a bit more seasoning, but you certainly didn't make it taste bad," May offered some encouragement. "We can take a walk in the garden afterward, if you want, and I'll send you all home with some fresh herbs."

"With everything you want to do and show us, we'll be lucky if we leave before midnight...!" Azana exclaimed in delighted surprise, obviously trying to keep the attention on conversation and dinner and definitely not on her surprisingly sneaky husband. Maybe this whole 'agent' thing was rubbing off on him more than he knew...

Durem General

"I'll just take that at face value...thanks," Max grinned, taking another long sip. "Ya know...not feelin' so guilty actually gives me a little boost. But man, Ty...that stuff worked! I was on top of the world...they could hardly touch me! Ya fixed it for reals...I bet he'd be real proud."

"...you never mentioned who helped you..." Tyler said, eager to slide the subject away from probabilities regarding his long-estranged brother.

"Ya mean Luigi? Can't remember his actual name, but he's a spirit who dresses like me an' LOVES joy an' energy. He helped sap some of it right outta me, kept me goin'!" She beamed. "I totally should've snapped a pic..." Max acted giddy, but it was to cover up anxiety. She knew what would've happened if he hadn't come along. It felt weird, being possessed...but it sure beat the alternative. Remy would've never forgiven her, never mind poor Ty.  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:11 pm
Jacobs Residence

Gren blinked, wholly unaware of the situation, and shrugged to Will. "Fresh herbs sound wonderful, Mrs Jacobs." he smiled to May, before looking to Azana. "I think it tastes very good, Az. It doesn't have to be fancy to be good, after all...though, garlic solves most everything." he added with a wink.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:50 pm
Jacobs Residence

"Unless it's attacking you," Azana pointed out. "That whole Animated incident...it took us weeks to get the smell completely out. James had to invent something to do it. But yeah...garlic does wonders, and keeps aggravating vampires at bay."

"Not Remy, I hope," Sol chimed in, conversation really not in the forefront of his thoughts. He had barely touched his dinner, picking at it slightly. It wasn't that it wasn't delicious, but considering he didn't even have eye contact to see how it was going, he had to rely entirely on his mind.

"How're ya gonna get all these goodies home?" Will asked with a chuckle, hearing talk of herbs and art and other such things. "Last I checked, ya don't exactly have a saddlebag for that bizarre broom, unless ya've been tinkerin' with it."

"Oh, we didn't take that this time," Azana did her best to explain. "Gren brought us, since we were in a hurry before dinner got cold..."

"That explains the weird light...does he have a UFO or something?" She chuckled jokingly, unaware of how close to the truth she had come. "I'm just glad you left space. Speaking of which...Sol, honey, you've barely eaten. Are you alright?"

"M-hmm," he answered, quickly shoveling a bite. He swallowed, a little hard, and grinned. "Just wanting to make sure I save room, that's all."

Durem General

There was a moment of awkward silence in the room, each of the two blaming themselves for the events prior while simultaneously knowing there was no real way to have prevented it. He didn't know she would use it, and she didn't know how to dose it properly. No need for guilt, they seemed to realize at the same time.

"Data," he said, looking to her at last, wondering when Remy was going to be back and not wanting to address the current glaring issues.

"Huhwhat?"

"You are the sole successful field test aside from me," he explained, pulling out a small voice recorder. "I want to hear about your findings. Beginning, middle, end. Everything you can."

Max blinked a few times in confusion before settling into a giddy smile of understanding. She got to be a hero...and he wanted to hear all about it! "Okay, so I dotted myself up and grabbed my glider..."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:49 pm
Jacobs Residence

"I know it keeps Remy from nibbling, but then, he's always been on top of his needs in that fashion..." hummed Gren, taking his final bite, a moment passing with a swallow as he continued. "But that's just him, seems like."

Casually laughing off the UFO comment, he produced the teleporter. "I have no idea how it works, precisely, but when a super genius gives you a gift, you use it, right? It might take a trip or two, but we'll get it all taken care of."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Jacobs Residence

"A super genius...?" May blinked and smiled. "Sometimes I forget all the lovely people you know, dear..." She looked to Sosol, frowning a little with a sigh. "Honestly, dear...what on Earth is on your mind...?"

"Dessert," Sosol answered simply with a grin. "Not that dinner isn't lovely..." He was starting to come back to the group. "Given the time of year...I bet you have some lovely berries at the ready."

"Now, Son, no mind readin' at the table," Will scolded lightly, though it more gave away the truth than anything else. "An' who's this super genius fellow? Must be a nice guy, giving away toys like that."

"...yeah, kinda," Azana answered. "Likes to hide it a lot...hell if I know why." She had already cleaned her plate and was just sipping on a soda.

"It's not mind reading," May retorted to her. "I have berries every summer...the raspberries and strawberries are doing well. I didn't have time to make shortcake, though. Ah, well."

"Would this do?" Sosol asked, concentrating as he finally hovered the canister into the room. "Vanilla, and about as fresh as it gets."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:16 pm
Jacobs Residence

Gren smiled shrugging slightly. "He's a nice guy, maybe a chip on his shoulder or two...but as for why he hides it, well...no matter how smart you are, the mind needs breaks, and if people expect you to be at the top of your form all the time, it's pretty stressful. Besides," he added, "A wise eagle hides its talons, you know."

"Whoa!" Starting slightly at the canister's presentation, Gren laughed, applauding. "Oh, wow~!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:57 pm
Jacobs Residence

"A wise eagle, huh...?" Azana asked before smirking knowingly at the canister. "Well done, dear."

"I apologize for my lack of conversation, but it was hard to keep it going without seeing it," Sosol chuckled lightly, setting it on the table and catching a flying ice cream scoop. "Who wants to try it first? Mom? Dad?"

"Ya know better," Will huffed. "Guests're always first. Go ahead, Gren. See how he did."

May, meanwhile, wordlessly rose to fetch her bowl of berries. He had remembered...and that maker...they had used it when he was a child. It brought back all sorts of memories before he entered Delphi, presumably to use his power and make the world better.

Honestly, I'm a little happier to have him home and still making the world a better place, she thought, pulling it out and watching the group. I missed his smile so much for those years...did I do the right thing...?

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:26 pm
Jacobs Residence

"Me? Well, if that's the custom."
he chuckled, flattered to be the first in line as he took the scoop. "Hand over your bowls, though...I'd rather serve first, so we can all enjoy at once."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:57 pm
Jacobs Residence

"This really your boss...?" Will asked, handing his bowl to Sosol to pass on.

"Yeah, why...?" He blinked, sending it on. No mind-reading at the table.

"Keep 'im. People like that aren't as common anymore." Will nodded resolutely, helping May set down the large bowl of slightly sugared berries. He used the opportunity to steal a quick kiss. "Welcome back, lovely."

Azana snickered a little. If only they knew. She passed her bowl, not having much to add to this conversation other than expressions of enjoyment. She knew about Sol's little stunt almost half an hour ago.

"Why, thank you, all of you," May grinned, handing over her bowl and waiting for her serving to dig in with the others. "It's been a pleasure to have you with us, Gren..."  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:19 pm
Jacobs Residence

"Boss?" he frowned, serving ice cream, passing down the bowls as he served. "I'm more like...the landlord, I guess. I wouldn't call myself anyone's boss, really...c'ept my own, but that goes without saying."

Finishing, he grinned crookedly at the compliment, taking his seat. "I think I owe you thanks, much more...all of you."  
The Inn of Peace - Fun & Light Role Play

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games