Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] It's Always Tea Time: Tea Clutch Feast [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm
His frank answer was not the most expected one, and after a split second to process it, Ichta couldn't help but laugh. Not at him - it wasn't a silly answer - but rather that of course that was what the this feast was meant for! "I haven't even looked," though it certainly wasn't for lack of appetite. There was a young man over by the klah who looked as though he'd drink all of it up himself if someone didn't reel him in soon. Fortunately, it did look like some steps were going to be taken, at least.

She squeezed his hand as his thumb brushed over hers, almost out of reflex, than any conscious desire to do so. "Nothing that won't still be waiting for me if I wait," Ichta answered, giving no real indication of what sort of thing she could have meant. "More than half of my hopeful plan for this little get together was..." she squeezed his hand again, almost bashfully, "spending time with you." If that meant spectating the babies with a plate of food and small talk?

Well, even no talk was good in G'ran's company. Ichta could have wittled away the entire gather just standing there with her hand tucked into his and it would have been a complete success.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:26 pm
User Image

It was inevitable that her target would notice the multiple glances. Thus, Stormy did the only logical thing one could do across distances: she wrote a message in large letters and held her journal up beneath her nose until the other girl read it.

You're very colorful
    I had to take notes

xMx Cherie

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm
User Image

Although Amare could read the words from where she stood, she could not make herself understandable across the distance. So, instead, she simply blew the artist a kiss, and winked. She went back to pretending that she hadn't noticed her watcher, and continued to entertain herself with that trio of boys. Wasn't it utterly fascinating what new silly ways they could find to bother one another?

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:58 am
"Cute little cakes? Decent wine?" she supplied, hand remaining wrapped around Rylyrr's strong arm despite how difficult it was to stay reasonably still. She was just so happy! And certainly noted his admiration of her outfit. "I wouldn't mind a morsel to start with. After that... I'm open to suggestions, if you have any ideas." Not that Akaris had none, if her dress and the purr in her voice were any indication.

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 am
User Image

Stormy understood. She was glad nonetheless that the journal hid part of her face when she held it up again.

Are you [doodle of eyes] for someone?
    Should I come sit?

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:07 pm
Could he possibly get any more adorable? More than once in the course of her writing, Sylfie's pauses for thought had turned into pauses for the purpose of watching Regory with an adoration reserved for only the purest of cuteness and sweetness. He might as well have been a puppy, albeit considerably less fluffy. She was almost sad to finish the letter and slide it into the tube, and cap it off with what had been his little hat.

Elbow on the desk, chin in her hand, she gave a wistful sigh. "It's a good thing for Yours that flits can't re-bond," she mused, reaching stiffly with her other hand to offer more scritches, "Or I'd try to bribe you to stay. All the treats you want, mm? You'd be so round you might have trouble flying."

"You're welcome to come back whenever you want, even if you don't have a letter. I could use another friend." Especially such a nice, sweet, non-people-shaped one who likely didn't understand much at all of what she was saying. Which probably added to his charm, since she didn't have to think so much about what to say and how. He wouldn't care how the words came out.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 am
Molihuth meandered her way through the gathering, constantly watching her siblings and their Persons carefully. While she knew her siblings chose who is Theirs, Molihuth was still very protective.

For the most part, the pudgy green's eyes shone with happy colors, crooning as she walked past her brothers and sisters being taken care of. Of course, Hers was ever present beside her. His fingers slid against her wings now and again as she raised them up and fluttered them. While flying wasn't an option, it didn't mean they remained folded up against her back!

B'gain laughed as he followed his new other half around. He could control where she was going, probably, but right now there was no troubles. Molihuth was being good, and he was content to just let her do her thing.

However, there was someone he didn't see. There was one pair he hadn't seen since they had bonded. A little blue and his new Weyrling were no where to be seen.

"Hey Molihuth," he asked, looking down at her as she craned her head to look at him. "Where's your brother? The little shy blue one?"

That got the green's attention. Her eyes swirled with alarm and then sadness once she realized she hadn't seen them.

Now she moved with a purpose. The pudgy green dragon moved quicker, scanning everywhere for Aspalath.

Aspalath? She was trying to call out to him that way.
Sinders Path

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:44 am
After their initial attempt at greeting and some stab at social-ability had failed rather spectacularly and reduced the poor blue to a quivering mess of his insecurities both Aspalath and his rider Erastan had retreated behind the protective wall of Orioth's wings where they were out of sight and seemingly largely forgotten, which suited Erastan just fine.

Aspalath had calmed but he still felt bad about his failure to ingratiate more fully with his siblings at the party which manifested itself in his need to thank Orioth every few minutes for sheltering them.

I am sorry I am keeping you from the party Orioth but it feels much easier to breath here. Thankyou.

A few minutes later again.

Thankyou for holding your wings like that I hope it doesn't strain them.

and then a brief pause after.

I truly appropriate this Orioth it is a charity that you call me friend.

Erastan had ventured out for a time to fetch food but stress kept Aspalath from doing more than politely picking at the meat that his rider presented him with. Erastan was doing his best to calm the blue, stroking his head and assuring him that he had done well, that there was no shame in keeping to themselves in such a crowd. Everyone else had things on their minds anyway and plenty of people to talk to.

The pair would have likely stayed hidden but a sudden call had Aspalath's head swiveling up from Erastan's calming hands and cocking to one side.

Aspalath? Erastan called his partner's name in question.

Someone is calling me Erastan.

Erastan blinked and stood smoothly.
Your father?

No a clutch sib. oh... I think it might be Molihuth.

Aspalath seemed to brighten slightly at the realization. His gentle green sister was one of the siblings that was more attractive to the nervous young weyrling. Easier to deal with than the more boisterous contingent of their clutch.

It would be rude not to greet her.
Aspalath stated unsure.

Well if you want to we can go back out, if you feel ready.

Maybe a little way.

With Erastan's hand on his shoulder they both moved forward and partly around Orioth so that they were visible again, standing at the edge, skinny boy and slim dragon making quite the matching pair.

I am h..here Molihuth.

Peppermint Coffee
Molihuth

Uta

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm
Finnisa had been deftly pouring herself a glass (and thank the First Egg that no one was around to ask her for her preference; unlike some certain persons, she considered wine wine, with little distinction!) when a familiar tune drifted to her ears. Distracted as she was, she paid it little mind at first—the harpers were playing and the tunes mixed and muddied—but it made her smile unconsciously, mind flung back to some previous time and place. The wine wasn't bad either, once she had a sip. The taste of alcohol had never really been enjoyable, but the feeling of warmth that settled behind her ribs and in the pit of her stomach was nice enough. Now she just needed a nice big plate of food, and then maybe a dance...!

Of course, what she got instead was a blast from the past. She set the bottle down, turned to angle back towards the tables, and nearly tripped over the source of what she belatedly realized was a very familiar song. That hair, that voice. "Izi...?!" She scrambled to set her glass down before she dropped it, all but flinging herself at the older woman. "What're you doing here?" And her smile fell. "Wait. What are you doing here?" As fast as it'd come, her delight cooled to bitterness. Two turns almost without word, without approval or comment, and now here Iziquin was, just casually setting wine up at HER weyr, HER home?!
Nilah44

Regory cooed and offered every little patchy, itchy spot up for scratching from Cute Nose. Did he have to go back? Here was so nice! Of course, the pull to go back to His was too strong to deny. And he did love His. But This one was very nice too. Tiny claws wrapped around the tips of two of her fingers, holding her hand still as he rubbed his head all over the others, chittering happily as he used her as a living rubbing post. The next time he was asked to run this errand he might not even demand a snack first, the tiny blue decided. Not that the thought would stick for longer that it took him to smell something tasty, but he'd still thought it all the same, and that counted, right?

He also of course had no idea of what she was saying. He could sense that she was pleased with him, enjoyed him being there, but people-not-His were harder to read even than dragons. Sad, also, maybe? A little? Why? His head tipped to the side, eyes flicking blue-green-yellow-green. Why unhappy? He streeetched upwards, still braced on her hand, to butt his nose gently against hers. He didn't know why she was unhappy, but he hopped it stopped, whatever the cause. She'd been nice. And Nice People should be Happy People too. Very, very gently he lifted a claw, resting it against her scars, and then nuzzled close. He brushed against her like an Earth feline, slinking across her shoulder, around her neck, and poking back out from under her chin before spilling back onto the table.

He twittered, once, twice...reached out to lightning-fast snag another wedge of sandwich, and then he was aloft! Wings pumping to carry his message and his treat, he looped through the air, creeling at Big Pretty Gold Lady, rolled to twist through a half-circle over Cute Nose's head...and then was gone, unable to stay away from His any longer, even if it had been a very very nice time.
Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:22 pm
The rising agitation from the bigger boy was enough to sharpen his grin... until, unexpectedly, the plate was pushed back in his direction. The redhead gave a sharp snort, but pointedly snatched another bit of food. "That's the reason, you're absolutely right. Frail little me..." His brows arched sharply when the man confessed that he didn't care about color, barking out a laugh. "I don't think you're quite pretty enough for a gold, but who knows? Maybe you're small enough that she won't even realize when--"

The intrusion of someone new was timely enough, his bright eyes darting assessingly over a familiar face before his grin grew even more broad. Shame R'ose had gone and Impressed a green, honestly--but there always had to be stepping stones on the way to the top. "Me?" He drawled, propping an elbow on the table so his chin could rest comfortably in the palm of his hand. "Of course I will be. Why would I get anything but the best?"

With a long suffering sigh, he reached up with his free hand to absently pat R'ose's cheek. "A green man... Well, one of you had to be pretty, and Faranth knew it was never going to be you.

That, as far as he was concerned, was the simple truth.

Prism Shine
He's a d**k, punch him.

houllow
SIGH... BOYS, BOYS, BOYS...

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:41 am
This kid was.. annoying at best, down right nerve-grating at worst. Ielin’s gaze shifted to the plate, not feeling sorry about losing the plate of food in the slightest. His appetite was nil now, and a shame too--the spread had looked rather delicious. What he had eaten had been, as well. “I’m glad you see it too.” Better to see your own shortcomings, at least. A thick eyebrow arched high, color rising hard and high to his face at the unfinished insinuation. Insinuations and insults, he shouldn’t be so surprised to have more in his face. If any dragon wanted him, queen or white, why should he mind? He had no stake in color politics, only wanting to defend a home that gave him a new start at life.

But before he can snarl something back like he so utterly wants to (or throw a punch like he wants to..), someone new joins their table. Someone he vague recognizes, one of the newly impressed from the most recent hatching on the beach. Friendly enough with his.. accompanying candidate that they knew each other well. His gaze flickers between the two of them, chewing absently on his lip.

“Hate to ruin such a happy reunion.” Ielin’s tone is flat, as he drains the last of his tea cup and stands. There’s enough of a crowd he could just disappear into the masses. He’d made an appearance, he wants to be done. His fingers dig into his pocket, finding the worried-smooth carved figure. “Later.” He nods to the weyrling, ignoring his fellow candidate as he pushes himself into the crowd a bit more forcefully than intended--careful of possible dragonets. But oddly enough, his eyes stung.

Tsunake
PEACE OUT

houllow
You're a scapegoat, R'ose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:56 pm
"You'd better hope you Impress green as well, my friend, or else this face might be the one you wake up to after Sahrawith's flight." R'ose winked at his fellow firehead, but turned to frown at the figure attempting to retreat. He watched the candidate vanish into the crowd, and he sighed before turning back to Danz. "Hey now, I was hoping for a threesome. Some people are just so rude, you know?"

It was taking no small measure of self-control for R'ose not to snap at his friend - not former, as he still considered him a friend - over his blatant colorism. It would be a lie to say he wasn't aware of Danz's unpleasant habit and thoughts, R'ose might have encouraged it a bit while they were candidates together, but there was no way he'd allow anyone to speak poorly of Sahrawith. She was his, he was hers, and she was the best thing to ever happen to the teen.

"Speaking of my lovely green, would you like to meet her? We haven't had a chance to talk since I Impressed, and I wanted to see you. I know how happy you are for me." His tone was taunting, challenging. R'ose would play this game and he was going to love every minute of it.

Tsunake
lololol
Prism Shine
oh no my OT3 you broke it D:

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:16 pm
Dynzrak's gaze sharpened when the larger boy suddenly rose from his seat, watching his retreating back with something akin to hunger. So he was the sort that was going to run, huh? Interesting. Well, no matter how he might try, he'd never be able to avoid Dynz... The redhead would make sure of that. Grinning quietly to himself, he reached out to take the abandoned drink across the table, taking a swig.

The offer made him twist to face R'ose more directly, "Of course. She picked you after all. She clearly has taste." Even if R'ose had disappointed him, as far as colors, he still liked the other boy. A green that chose him had to be equally lovely, even if she wouldn't ever rise from the bottom of the totem pole.

He could sense that taunt, but he wouldn't rise to it. R'ose was a dragonrider now, far above his station--and despite his own thoughts, he wasn't stupid enough to insult a rider's dragon. No one would take pity on him when he got decked.

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:25 pm
The cup was warm in her hands as it was passed off, a giggle rising out of Ezyzu as she shook her head. “Someone slipped the plan! We were fool-proof..” She lifts the cup, taking a hearty sip. Oh, this was a good brew. No wonder the rider was stationed nearby--it was good! The other drink selections catch her eye, the different types of tea. High Reaches certainly made good klah, perhaps the tea would be equally as good?

At the question, Ezyzu blinked almost owlishly for a moment, before a smile bloomed once more. A party deserved some good dancing! And such a gentleman to ask her.. How could she refuse? “Party’s way too quiet! I’m always ready to dance.” It was quick work to drain the rest of her cup, leaving it behind with other empty cups. With a quick wave to the pair, Ezyzu waved Dhawsn on as she wove her way through the crowd to the rather empty dance floor.

medigel

houllow
Bye <3

Uta
See Ya <3

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:26 pm
Nerves were building as she last-minute fussed at herself in the mirror. This was silly.. Was it silly? It felt as if there were a den of tunnelsnakes in her stomach, writhing and trying to fight each other to claw their way out. But she should make an appearance.. Any kind of appearance. This was a celebration of life, after all. Even if her own heart was broken at her loss, she should support her Weyr. Ever since losing her love, K’vos’ limited social activity had dwindled down to near nothing. Wing duty, taking care of Chezuri, coaxing Slistalth to care for himself… It was all life had dwindled down to for her. She should clean her weyr, try to limit some things.. But the wound was too fresh, and she found herself ever reluctant to even move or tidy in some botched hope that her confident weyrmate would stride in, take her in her arms again…

Chezuri giggled from where he was nestled between Slistalth’s claws, enough to break her from her memory as she stared vacantly at the door. Her baby swatted the air as the blue puffed air over him once more, ruffling his hair. But those eyes, streaked with greys and greens, were more focused on her. Going will be good. For you, for the hatchling. He pushed his greyed nose into those tiny clapping hands, earning a delighted shriek.

“I suppose it would..” Just watching the two of them play, the sweet two she had left, helped coax a half smile on her face. Her hair was vaguely styled, for as short as it was, it didn’t take much to tease the locks into something. Even if the color was now a muddy taupe from the rich brown it was once dyed, her white roots showing just a peek. Her dress was a mid blue that matched her beloved’s hide--or, his healthier shade. A plainer dress, but she preferred to save her creative energy for clients and gifts rather than herself.

K’vos gently scooped up her son, kissing his cheek as he clung. She’d made him a rather fetching little suit for the event, when sleepless nights were more common and sewing by candlelight became easier. Settling them in Slistalth’s straps, the blue glided from his perch down to the Weyrbowl, dropping them off before launching himself back towards his ledge for solitude. The party was already in the swing of things, but surely it could help lift the ache in her some. At the very least, go get some tea and water, maybe a nibble.

Quote:
K’vos and Chezuri are open for interaction <3

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas