Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Fright Night - Spooky Clutch Hatching Feast - Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:25 pm
L'nik and Brown Hessianth

Therianth invited, and the brown seemed inclined to enjoy himself even before L'nik was allowed to give his input. Eat, myL'nik, and I will entertain myself! the brown said, nudging his chosen towards one of the tables and bugling at him before he headed off towards the space that had been set aside for dancing. He greeted his green sister with a bump of his head against hers, before stepping back to watch how she was going about dancing.

Wiggle wiggle, leg leg - it seemed Simple enough!

Well isn't this interesting! Perhaps when mine has eaten - as he should - I will lure him out here as well! L'nik! Will you come join us when you have eaten? Yes! Do!

L'nik had barely started on a meatroll when it seemed Hessianth had started making up his mind for him.Maybe I'll come steal your dance partners away! he challenged playfully. Hessianth huffed. And then I'll steal you from them! Oh, he was so very, very loved.

Faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Loosen up?

Mine, Therianth wishes me to join her in— The blue hesitated, unsure how to describe exactly what his sister was doing. Was that dancing? Was that what his Jailla wanted to do? With the man that was not her dragon, but still important? Frivolousness. Was the word he settled on, glancing towards the dance floor. But oh, it looked fun. And his had wondered if dragons could dance, hadn’t she? He looked to his.

“You should go,” she said. “You’ll have fun. Look, one of your brothers is joining,” she hoped he’d enjoy himself. He seemed a little shy. Or maybe restrained.

But Mine, she looks ridiculous up there. There was a hesitation and then; I do not know yet how to dance.

Jailla looked to Ph’ton. She grinned. “Well. She seems like she’d be a good teacher.”

Therianth! Will you teach me to dance?  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Roknhin... (Or should it be something else now?) continued playing as he watched the ocean. That day had been something. There was so much joy, but so much else as well. He felt... unsettled. He had still only just begun to wrap his head around all this. And even though some miracle had handed him everything he could every have asked for, it didn't immediately negate all his fear and self doubt, as he'd once hoped it would.

He wanted to talk to E'ion. That's what he was really feeling. Unlike the candidates, he'd never signed up to stay at Western for five turns. But somehow he doubted they would make an exception for him anyways.

Who do you wish to speak to? Konvakith asked. Tell me, and I shall bring them here!
"Oh.. Right!" He muttered. He'd almost forgotten that. From now on, he could speak to E'ion any time he wanted. Just that thought alone was enough to make him feel a world better already. Jalarus too, he thought with a smile. His friend was never more than a thought away from him now.

Speaking of.. The dark brown sat up a little on the beach, reaching out to his sibling who was only a short distance away. My lovely Lorelath! Mine has a message for Yours. He says.. 'You big lug, congratulations'.

On the other hand, was this something he could really say at a distance? He felt like he ought to tell him in person. He didn't want him to be alone when he heard.
What should I say? Konvakith was asking him, reaching out still further away, for the one His was really longing for.
"Just... Say that I need to talk to him. Ask if he can come here." Araeth, surely, would know what had happened. It was up to her if she would tell him or not.

Araeth! The young brown said, reaching out to the green. You must bring yours here, quickly! We need to speak with him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:57 pm
O'len

"Loads of things," he said. "But many of them would not be appropriate tonight." Realizing that all sounded rather suggestive, and that he wasn't permitted down that road again for a very long time, he added, "I wrestled a wild cat once." The young man smirked. "More things of that nature, perhaps, though dancing always took some bravery as well." He looked to the cleared out portion of the floor where they were meant to do just that, realizing his brown was hidden away, though still a strong presence in his mind. A couple of tiny dragons were wiggling around amongst the humans, the sight only adding to O'len's amusement.

What are you lot doing, Aleyath?

magnadearel

Aleyath

Dancing! Therianth asked us to!

He might have chosen to peek in from the sidelines, hidden under the cover of a table or someone's skirts, but his sister had called him daring, and between that and the promise of something new, he was willing to detour away from the big fire for a time. He bugled a welcome to his brown, blue, and green siblings before launching himself up onto his hind legs and taking a few tottering steps forward and back to the music. His foray into human dancing ended a handful of seconds later when he lost his balance and landed back on all fours. Someday he would master that, he was sure of it.

faesinger
hello derg sibs
demon_pachabel
egg-on-legs is at it again
Thaliawen
awooo
~Kiana_Nala~
SOON(TM)
he got sidetracked

Smerdle

Scamp

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:59 pm
Therianth wiggled. Oh, oh, they were actually coming! Her siblings were coming! She needed to be there to meet them. In a great bound she was on the dance floor. She had watched the dancers, she knew what she was doing. Twining through legs and around skirts, she moved with the dancers though likely more of a hinderance than she realized.

Yes my clutchmates, let us dance! Yes, come Hessianth. It is easy Micheth. The trick is to MOVE! … Maybe on all fours, Aleyath? She wiggled and twined around people in no discernible pattern.

Shahera shook her head fondly. They were going to be in so much trouble for this, but she couldn’t stop Therianth. Her dragon was just so happy right then.

demon_pachabel

Thaliawen

Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:06 am
Aramath’s head shot up at the sound of Therianth’s voice calling his name. Silviu! Let us go! His eyes whirled a peevish yellow-green as the boy stared at him, uncomprehending.

“Go where?” He looked toward where the blue’s nose pointed, and saw the whipping tails and flapping wings of several dragonets heading toward the dance floor. The sinking feeling in his stomach had to have been powerful enough for Aramath to feel without a doubt of his rider’s unease, but the blue was not discouraged. Instead, the boy found himself headbutted and shoved with dragonpaws until he gave up and followed Aramath to the place he least wanted to be at this celebration. In spite of it, Aramath’s excitement made him smile, a wide, amused smile at that – oddly similar to his elder brother’s ever-present grin.

Therianth, your dance has such spirit! I cannot hope to match you, but I am here. As his rider hovered awkwardly on the sidelines of the dance floor, Aramath charged into the midst of the dancers, decidedly less graceful than his sister… and probably most of his other siblings, as well. He kept his wings politely folded as he moved among the humans, but his swinging tail and bounding feet quite likely tripped up a few of them.

faesinger

Teiha

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 am
Zunulth! Viyanakerth was overjoyed to be beside his twin again, even though they had been together only just a bit earlier that evening. He sat beside the other white, neck gracefully arched and tail curling primly about his forepaws. Such a hatch! I was ashamed to even report to my fellows at home once the carnage began. But Brancath and Akeroth, what a delight it was to see them both Impress! And I hear Akeroth is doing quite well after his fight with that bronze, and that he is actually here tonight.

A smile broke out on A’myl’s face as Amna caught his eye, and he adjusted his course, unconsciously brushing fingertips through the hair at his temple. With the boldness of someone very familiar with his target, he crossed the way and bent to plant a kiss on Amna’s cheek, one hand gently touching her chin to prevent her from taking another bite of her meal as he did so. Such intimacy from a man normally so stuffy and straitlaced as this one was the result of turns of suffering together with the woman for the hides of their dragons, and the intense bond between the two whites born from the same egg.

When he straightened, his sharp eyes flicked to S’dan, narrowing as they took measure of the other man. “Good evening,” he said, holding out his right hand to shake. “A’myl of white Viyanakerth, wingriders of High Reaches Weyr.”

Vee turned his gaze from the trio of humans back to his brother, head tilted. My A’myl is the same as ever, I’m afraid. There are ample females for him to choose from at High Reaches, but at this point, I consider it a miracle if I can get him to so much as glance at one a second time. I don’t understand his hesitance – so many of his thoughts revolve around finding a mate! He let out a huffing sigh, letting his head hang in frustration. I had hope when Uridith rose, but, as usual, not even a goldflight will spur him to take action.

ShinosBee

Mx Cherie
Assuming they don't know each other yet? XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:43 pm
Akaris

Akaris did little more than glance at the tables of food, and even that was more curiosity and for something to look at than out of genuine interest.  After the day she'd just had, she was not hungry.  She wasn't even particularly interested in the glass of red wine she helped herself to; it was just something to hold, so she wouldn't look quite so silly just standing around.  She'd never felt lost or out of place at a party before, but tonight...it was not where she wanted to be.

But she did want to check on or at least see Lennik, although he was probably busy with his new dragon.  Hopefully it was a nice one, because he was a nice boy.  Rylyrr, at least, shouldn't be hard to find - the man was enormously tall, he'd be impossible to miss even in a crowd.  It hadn't registered with her at the Touching, but shards.  Still, easy to find or not, she didn't actually need to find him.  He found her, and very quickly.  Had he been looking?

The thought lifted some of her gloom, and she turned to smile up at him...and look him over (to make sure he hadn't been too hurt, of course, although a well-placed scar would look quite fine on him). "Rylyrr!  You look like you made it through the evening unscathed.  I was worried, with everything..."

Things had gone very poorly indeed for a number of Candidates, but she was glad the the few friendly faces she knew on the Sands had come out alright.  Not that she didn't feel bad for the others, but...

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm
Migel

Well. She seemed to be quite recovered, he thought, raising his eyebrows at the dragons congregating on the dance floor. Dragons, aparently, could cure a multitude of ills. He glanced back at Serfie now that Shahera was otherwise occupied. He had a feeling she was going to bolt the second she got the chance. Not only that, but Shahera would probably hold him responsible for leaving her. But there was only so long he could wait on them..

"I have to go look for someone," he said to Serfie. "You're welcome to come.." But he seriously doubted that she would. He lifted his shoulders. "I don't know you, but I know Shahera, and she thinks a lot of you. I know she'll be looking for you later. If you're going to leave, at least wait until after tonight?" he suggested. Not that he was going to stop her either way.

He grabbed another redfruit from the table and headed over to the two weyrlings. He knew C'sar was going to be mad at him for blowing him off earlier. He couldn't really say why he'd done it.. Maybe he would prefer to get into a fight than have to talk about this seriously.

"Sorry about that," he said. "I was talking to Shahera. She looked upset."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:28 pm
“Akaris, I had hoped to see you tonight and you look absolutely stunning,” He said, giving a broad bright smile. He was generally pleased to see her and that she looked more confident then when they had last met and it made her seem brighter. “I, made it through just fine.” He said finally, and gave a slightly nod. “It had been… “He sighed unable to really put a label to it outside of carnage and that was just too on the nose.

“Eventful, I guess. More then any I had been to before and I’m glad you are well.” Though worried that she might quit with the fiasco and lets just focus on the here and now. “Are all your friends alright?” It was rare that someone died and this hatching had been such a mess.

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:42 pm
Gallath paused in her appreciation of the smells of the feast as hers moved pits and pieces onto a plate for her. She didn’t answer right away focused on it being set down in front of her and groaned before devouring the small bits of meat. Mmmmh soo, soo good.

She licked the last bit of food from her maw, enjoying the spices and gave big pleading eyes towards her just to get an arch eyebrow and a firm but gentle mental no.

She perked up remembering Therianth and something about food. ‘What was that, sister dearest? Mine was letting me try some things and what did you want to do?’ She headed towards her dear sister, curious. ‘Will it be fun?’

Yevalee paused in tasting a bit of spice wherry as Gallath moved off, curious. They sighed finished the last few bites, abandoning it to its faith as they followed Gallath. What could she be getting into.

‘Therianth! There you are!’ Gallath hurried over to bop her sister on the nose. ‘I am here and what are you doing?’

faesinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:37 am
Akaris smiled all the brighter when complimented, blossoming under the positive attention from the handsomely large Candidate.  This was more the sort of attention she was used to, and hadn't had at all in what seemed a very long time. "Oh, you think so?" she asked demurely, as if she didn't know. "It was the best I could do with what I have here, I'm afraid, but I'm glad you like it."

"My friends are just fine," she answered then, not missing a beat in spite of the fact that she didn't really have friends.  She'd had a handful of superficial friends prior to the Touching, all of whom had been quick to distance themselves after...which was exactly what she would have done, in their place.  She'd done much the same more than once, but had never been the one shunned before.  It was not a pleasant experience. "One did Impress, but I haven't seen him yet to congratulate him properly." It was probably a reach to dub Lennik a friend, but he'd been nice to her, and the category was otherwise fairly empty, so that was where she put him. "Your friends all made it through, I hope?"

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 am
demon_pachabel
Sorry for the delay! Bastet said they didn't think Huarwar would really respond, so gave their blessing to carry on.

DruidTigeress

~Kiana_Nala~

J'lar & blue Loreleth
J'lar continued to hold his little blue. If his arms were tired, or his muscles stiff, he ignored the pain -- if his little one didn't wish to be set down, or parted, than so be it. He was just as loathe to let him go. As much as the little blue poured his pain, his grief, into him, J'lar found that there was also a feeling of being loved, needed, wanted, and accepted; his heart, for the first time since Kharin had died, felt whole. Maybe later, once his blue was fast asleep, he'd feel guilty about it... but not now. Not here. No, right now, his entire focus was on his little keening dragon.

Stepping away from Huarwar and Aelyx, the man decided that maybe a little walk around the fire would help. It wasn't as crowded as the feast, but it was well attended. He was just about to step away when Shanaloth spoke to the little blue.

Grey eyes turned towards the green, and the little one's song faltered, and quieted more still. J'lar continued to send gentle, loving, ever-assuring thoughts. Maybe talking would help. Go on now. You can talk to her. He quietly encouraged, feeling the smallest flash of shyness and worry enter their bond.

Gripping tighter to J'lar, little claws digging in to his rider's skin, the blue finally reached out to the green. He wanted to get closer, but did not want to leave his rider's embrace. . . . I am not strong. No one else is keening. He finally confessed, so softly it was almost a whisper. But it... It hurts. They hurt. He hurts. Everything hurts. The little blue gave a despondent creel and collapsed, exhausted, against his rider's broad chest. Today had been such a hard day.

Hopeful that Loreleth might focus on something other than the fire or the pain, J'lar slowly moved a little closer to the green. He glanced at Vetica, assuming her to be the green's rider, but made sure to keep room enough in case the green felt crowded. Inviting and calming as she might be, J'lar wasn't going to assume anything -- he didn't know these riders or their dragons. He gave a little grunt and nod to them both, and tenderly, gently, leaned down to see if Loreleth wanted to toddle over.

"Go ahead and meet her." He encouraged, trying to untangle the poor creature. For a few moments the blue resisted, before giving into the inevitable. Both rider and dragon knew J'lar couldn't carry him forever. So, the pudgy little blue leaned against his riders legs, staring up at Shanaloth ever so shyly.

Before he made up his mind on what to do, his little grey eyes turned a bit yellow with surprise. Therianth was asking him to dance... but. But no. How could he have fun and be so carefree when people were grieving? And then... Someone else spoke.

He glanced around, and saw, a ways away, his brown brother Konvakith. So he wasn't the only hatchling here... And here came Akeroth, too. I am glad you are here. He spoke softly, gently, to both. It helped to know he wasn't the only one of his clutchsiblings lingering here.

When Konvakith relayed his message,
the little one's tail gave a curious twitch, and he tilted his head. ....what is a lug? But th-thank you. I will tell, Mine. He relayed the sentiments, and J'lar gave another grunt, though his lips did twitch into a smile. A moment later, the blue sent a reply back. Mine is happy to hear this. He says to tell Yours congratulations on finding you, too. Maybe now he need not frustrate Yours with his lack of musical talent. The little blue wasn't entirely sure what that referred to, and bumped his head reassuringly against His. As far as Loreleth was concerned, His was perfect, and not at all a frustration.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:18 am
Vetica and Green Shanaloth

Vetica nodded back to J'lar when he approached with his bonded in his arms, perhaps just as gruff, but she was simply rough around all of her edges. Had it not been a truly rough day for everybody, she likely would not have been endulging her bonded so.

Shanaloth crooned softly at the little blue, leaning so she could bump her head against his if so desired. There is no weakness in feeling on the outside, she thrummed while Vetica ran a rough palm idly on the green's side. Some may keen on the inside as well, because they feel that's where it must be. But both ways honor the one who has passed between. You honor him.

When the two clutchsibs joined the blue, Shanaloth pulled her head back, though her mental embrace still nudged up against Loreleth, allowing him the physical space he needed to greet his brothers.

For both Konvakith and Akeroth, Shanaloth also gave a mental nudge of comfort. Something easily brushed off if desired, but the green had nothing but love and comfort to give.

Masterharper

DruidTigeress

~Kiana_Nala~

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:00 pm
Meepfur

Rylyrr smiled brightly. “Surely not, I can’t believe that you can be anymore beautiful then you are now. And perhaps, I am a tad curious about what you left behind.” She was lovely when she smiled and ahh.

“Hmm, most of them are not friends, too much of a gap in age,” Rylyrr admitted. “High Reaches only allows candidates to stand up to 26.” He sighed, and they were just so close to the edge. “But they are mostly alright, last that I knew.” He believed an interest of his nieces got mauled but he was not dead. Ugh, it was a bad hatching when he could be relieved that people that he knew were not dead.

“I’m just glad none of my younger siblings nor my niece was here,” he admitted tiredly. “Good for your friend and… perhaps you would care to dance? Later? After you congratulate your friend.”  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff