yup
View Results

Truxcin

4,950 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 pm
im bi,and ive heard its a sin that wont be forgiven but is that true? does any1 have any advice? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:25 pm
that's definitely not true. As long as you have GOD, HE forgives every sin. Whether it's something you've done in the past, you're doing right now, or you will do in the future, GOD forgives them all once you've accepted HIM into your heart. nothing you could do, would stop HIM from forgiving you. so, don't believe those people who told you that. they must not have read the bible. because in the bible, in says that GOD forgives EVERYTHING. i'm sorry that i can't give you a direct verse right now, but i can't remember it at the moment. just remember that GOD loves you, and he knows that you're going to make mistakes. he knows about the ones you haven't even done yet. and he's already forgiven for those too. no sin is unforgivable in GOD's eyes. i hope that i've helped you. GOD Bless.  

BR33

loIitoads

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:57 pm
If you are truly bisexual you shouldn't feel any shame about it. Regardless of what faith you are. Ignore those who put you down and shut you out, using religion as a front for bullying you for being different. Why should something that happens naturally be regarded as a sin?

If you continue to find closed minded individuals blocking your path, then perhaps you should branch out and look at other faiths and ways of life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:23 am
Being bi is fine. Your sexual orientation is a part of who you are, and I highly doubt God wants you to be something you're not.

Eaten By Cheese

Emikay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:17 pm
I don't mean to be a party pooper. But there is biblical evidence that homosexual relations and desires are viewed as sexually immoral by God. He made woman for man, as they are perfect compliments. That's why he didn't say, "Oh Adam, you're so lonely, well here ... um, here's Billy."

All sin is forgiven through Jesus, so belief in Jesus will still bring you salvation. But 1 John 3:6 says, "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning, No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."

If the Bible hints towards disapproval of homesexuality, and you truly love God, why would you even want to risk displeasing him? Even if we are forgiven, wouldn't you want to do everything you can to please God, to make him happy?

Just something to chew. Not trying to condescend on you or be rude or judgemental (it's not my place to judge, it's His) but you asked for opinions and that is mine.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:59 pm
Emikay
I don't mean to be a party pooper. But there is biblical evidence that homosexual relations and desires are viewed as sexually immoral by God. He made woman for man, as they are perfect compliments. That's why he didn't say, "Oh Adam, you're so lonely, well here ... um, here's Billy."

All sin is forgiven through Jesus, so belief in Jesus will still bring you salvation. But 1 John 3:6 says, "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning, No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him."

If the Bible hints towards disapproval of homesexuality, and you truly love God, why would you even want to risk displeasing him? Even if we are forgiven, wouldn't you want to do everything you can to please God, to make him happy?

Just something to chew. Not trying to condescend on you or be rude or judgemental (it's not my place to judge, it's His) but you asked for opinions and that is mine.

You're judging by proxy, which is just as bad- worse in fact, because you're using something that girl believes in to put her down. Supposedly Jesus abolished most of the rules laid down in the Old Testament. John isn't the most trustworthy gospel either: seeing as he spent half the book slating Judaism, might it not show he wasn't too far forward on the liberal front?  

loIitoads

nat.wwjd.09

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:49 pm
Every sin is forgiven by Jesus. That is why He died. But that does not mean you should go on and keep sinning.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 am
catgirlsPLZ
Emikay

You're judging by proxy, which is just as bad- worse in fact, because you're using something that girl believes in to put her down. Supposedly Jesus abolished most of the rules laid down in the Old Testament. John isn't the most trustworthy gospel either: seeing as he spent half the book slating Judaism, might it not show he wasn't too far forward on the liberal front?

I'm not judging.
And I don't want to put her down.
She asked if it was a sin.
And in my opinion it is.
That's all I was saying.

How could I possibly put her down?
To God, all sin is equal. And while I am not homosexual I have sinned elsewise and therefor, we are equal.
I have no way to put her down.

Emikay

aTerraxia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 pm
I think a lot of the Old Testament, and maybe even some of the New Testament, were translated poorly, or with bias. Who is to say a corrupt translator didn't try to screw around with the meanings a little? We may never know. We can only know what we should be doing, and that is trying to live as good a life as possible for Him.

And if any one ever gives you crap, ignore it. The speaker at a huge Christian conference was talking about how the greeters at his church was a lesbian couple. He said ihe didn't know if that was an okay lifestyle to live, but if it was wrong, being mean wouldn't solve it, but being kind, loving and accepting will bring them closer to God and make them realize their sin, if indeed it is one. You attract more people with cake than acid.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:37 am
Emikay

agreed.emikay is being honest.this is what the bible says.i'm not going to contradict the bible just to make some comfortable about their sexuality.  

PoppyDadswell

Arachibutyrophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:22 pm
BR33
that's definitely not true. As long as you have GOD, HE forgives every sin. Whether it's something you've done in the past, you're doing right now, or you will do in the future, GOD forgives them all once you've accepted HIM into your heart. nothing you could do, would stop HIM from forgiving you. so, don't believe those people who told you that. they must not have read the bible. because in the bible, in says that GOD forgives EVERYTHING. i'm sorry that i can't give you a direct verse right now, but i can't remember it at the moment. just remember that GOD loves you, and he knows that you're going to make mistakes. he knows about the ones you haven't even done yet. and he's already forgiven for those too. no sin is unforgivable in GOD's eyes. i hope that i've helped you. GOD Bless.

blueprints for the black market...

But that's like saying that even though you know it's wrong, you're gonna go on doing it because you can just snap your fingers and be forgiven later.
Good luck getting any brownie points out of the big guy for that one.

I'd say it has the same issues as homosexuality. One man, one woman, not two men and a woman, not two women, etc etc etc.

...anberlin

Donate your extra tickets? Them's mighty appretiated!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:38 pm
iSammie
im bi,and ive heard its a sin that wont be forgiven but is that true? does any1 have any advice? sweatdrop

we are all bi
and no its not a sin...silly girl  

lordstar

fiery-ginger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:13 am
lordstar
iSammie

we are all bi

I disagree with you. I thought I was bi for a while then I prayed and read my Bilbe and God just showed me the places that I was sinning and he came to that one... As I read through the Ten Camandments I found 1 husband 1 wife... It doesnot say 2 husbands 2 wifes so I strongly disagree with bi/gay/lesbian.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:42 am
volleyball_chica_101
lordstar
iSammie

we are all bi

I disagree with you. I thought I was bi for a while then I prayed and read my Bilbe and God just showed me the places that I was sinning and he came to that one... As I read through the Ten Camandments I found 1 husband 1 wife... It doesnot say 2 husbands 2 wifes so I strongly disagree with bi/gay/lesbian.

you would have to read some of my other posts for you to understand why i say we are all bi

and your not reading the OT
the question is what was the rules and not what are the rules  

lordstar

ot0h0e0m0e0a0n0y0p0o0et

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:09 pm
God is unchanging and why should His rules be changing?

He loves you deeply and will forgive you when you repent.

The sexual orientation itself is not sin but the act or practice of homosexuality is sin. And I agree with Emikay. And btw, considering homosexual practices a sin is NOT an opinion; it is God's will for you not to sin and not to practice homosexuality.

The books of the Bible are translated just as they were literally. Thousands of scholars research and carefully look over the Word; why would they make a mistake? The writers of the Bible carefully wrote down every word; the Jewish people had to wash their hands EVERY TIME they wrote down "God." Why would they make a mistake when they follow God's rules so carefully.  
Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff