Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Hey guys!

So, drama happened in the Touching, and it was not at all planned or expected. gaia_star Because we had to wrap it a bit earlier than expected, we're going to open up a Fuzzy-Time Touching!

Ultimately, if you want to post your characters in this thread touching some eggies, we'll get you some replies!

Please keep in mind that we probably can't have anything super dramatic happen, but we do want you guys to have a shot at touching eggs you weren't able to get to, or at least get a few in if you were busy with RL. I know Fable and I were so busy running the Touching our own Candidates suffered a bit.

This is open to any and all Candidates -- even those who might have recently gotten approved! We still can't guarantee you'll get to touch every egg, so please post ones you're most interested in first! I can't guarantee how long this will run, but we'll keep it open a few days at least!

This is going to take place from the start of the Touching to before the Mummy gets angry. This will allow for The Banshee egg to be in play -- just know that if you do approach it it's going to be before it got taken away. gaia_star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:06 pm
-reserving this in case I want to link some things-  

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 am
Astriana had arrived to the sands as neatly as she was going to get, since she didn't find being all dressed up that important. Yes, it was good to be presentable, but there was no reason to go all out with one's looks. She had listened to the instructions with the other candidates, though she knew them all by heart. After all, this was certainly not her first touching, remembering the last one when she had her twin beside her. This time, he wasn't here, having impressed during that clutch to a beautiful green. Of course she was a bit jealous, but he was her twin, she was happy for him too. Her mind went also to her little brother, Rowan, who would never get to experience this, thanks to his being deaf.

Bringing her mind out of her thoughts, she marched in with the other candidates, bowing before the parents and their riders. It did not escape her notice that the queen's rider looked sick, mentally hoping that the woman was going to be alright. No, she wasn't very social, but she did have respect for the woman, knowing she earned her title. Once she was done, she looked over the eggs, trying to decide on where to start. It took her a little while, while some of the others made their rounds, when she noticed the upset faces on some of the candidates after they touched the red egg on the far side. Well, this certainly piqued her interest and made her finally choose where to start. She walked over to the Mummy egg and placed her hand softly on its shell.

I see you are as impressed by some of my fellow candidates as I am. I cannot say I blame you at all, some of them are quite lacking. I do apologize that we are intruding in your area, probably quite the annoyance,she thought calmly to it. She could only imagine what kind of things this baby had said to make them so upset, especially a certain male she knew. She did hope that her small group of friends hadn't had any trouble with this egg.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 am
[OOC: Just assuming Venn's already touched some eggs, picking up from the middle-ish of his posts]

As Venn moved away from the Werewolf egg he noticed that more Candidates had made their way into the batch of eggs. There were many this touching, probably in part thanks to the Candidates from High Reaches coming to join them here. He wondered if this was going to be a common practice between the two Weyrs and if he didn't Impress this clutch if he'd be willing to travel to the other Weyr to increase his chances. But...wasn't the age for allowing Candidates different there? Would it matter? Hm...

Moving along to the Banshee egg, he settled down beside it and rested a hand against its blue shell. "Hello there," he said with a friendly, soft voice. He wondered if the eggs and the dragons they held could tell the difference between the Candidates or if they all just felt like warm hands pressing against their shells.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 am
((since this is time fuzzy land, I wanted to do it first so I make sure he gets a chance, but this would probably be the last egg for him))

Migel had touched several of the eggs in the clutch when he got to the dark blue egg in the center of the clutch. The heavy aura of the egg drew him in, along with its secretive feeling. He touched the egg's dark surface, wondering if there was another kindred spirit within it. The Banshee egg want giving out much from the outside, but still there might be more within.

Hello there. He thought, laying a hand in its shell.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:03 pm
Yevalee(Western)
Yevalee shifted and paused, considering the Siren egg that shone like the mother of pearl inside of certain shells and well the very pearls themselves, occasionally found inside. They wandered over and laid a hand on the shell of the Siren.

Rylyrr (High Reaches)
He stretched, working out some kinks in his back before moving onward. He paused considering the eggs and set a hand on the warm looking shell of The Mummy egg.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 pm
Mattavi had been enjoying the Touching so far. Whatever internal strife had been going on within the eggs, it hadn't reached her yet, it seemed.

She stopped in front of an orange and purple egg near the front of the sands. The Angel egg seemed to be giving out an air of judgement, but she greeted it politely none-the-less. Good day. she thought, inclining her head to it as she knelt down in the sand beside it to better reach its shell.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 am
Dea and #Teddy#

The Mummy
The egg might send the equivalent of an appreciative ripple -- but would immediately turn its judgment on Astriana. If she were so considerate, than why bother the egg herself? If she thought herself any better than the rabble, then she was sorely mistaken.

Shaddaling

The Mummy
The egg would give the equivalent a small shudder, as if it were giving a dismissive wave to the other. Honestly, would this Touching never end? It wanted this nonsense over with -- and who did this boy think he was touching it, hmm? A nobody, that's who, and no amount of primping or pampering would change it.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am
Haizea - Western

Haizea meandered over to a cluster of eggs and decided to make the proverbial rounds there. I mean, she had visited Goblin already, so it'd be nice to at least say hi to the siblings it was nestled with, right? She gently laid her hand down on the Vampire egg. "Greetings to you. I hope this isn't dragging on for you. I know it's a busy one today. Lots to do down the road though."

Adar - HRW

Whew! She felt about fit to melt in the Western heat, but, fortunately for her, Adar's inside man, her big brother, had told her to dress for the warmth. Fanning herself as she moved around the clutch, the girl made her way closer to Wraith. She huffed a breath into her bangs and knelt down next to the pretty blue mottled egg. Brushing her hand across its shell, she smiled. "Hey, in there. Looking mighty comfy. You excited for what's to come?" She was certainly excited. Not brand spanking new candidate excited going to their first touching, but who wouldn't be jazzed about a new clutch on the sands!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:08 pm
Kieza made her way carefully through the assorted eggs, marveling at each of their colors ad the personalities the hatchlings within had. Quietly, she joined the expectant line of Candidates in front of the Banshee Egg. She didn't really mind waiting though - taking in the sights of the other eggs while she awaited the moment that she could take her turn. After a long moment, she was next and she slowly crouched and let her hand fall to lay upon the warm surface of the egg.

Taking a deep, long breath before sending out a greeting to the dragonet growing within. Hello, beauteous one. I cannot wait to see you. Your egg is wondrous colors, I bet you match it loveliness, yes? Kieza smiled, closing her eyes for a moment to focus solely on the conscience of the one within the egg.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:01 pm
Astriana felt the initial appreciative ripple, before it seemed to turn its judgement on her. A smile appeared in her eyes, despite the scowl on her lips, since she liked the Mummy egg. It may be questioning her, but she felt it was fair things to say, she was willing to admit it.

Do not worry, I will not stay long, but I felt like I needed to come over to speak to you. I wanted to thank you for being here, despite you wanting to be left alone. That and just like your siblings, you need to be involved because your bonded will hopefully be here too. As you pointed out to me about not being any better than my fellow candidates, you have to deal with the intrusions, just like your siblings. I am sure not all of them are pleased about being bothered either. Sometimes we do things we do not want to do, but are necessary. I look forward to seeing you when you hatch and I wish you the best with your bonded,she thought back calmly. Then she said her good byes to it, before looking around to see where to go next. Her eyes lit on an egg close by that had a purple swirl to it, another one that had left some of the others upset leaving it. Placing a hand on the Angel egg, she reached her mind out to it.

I hope the touching is finding you well, despite all of the attention on all of you. I do hope it is an interesting experience for all of you,she spoke to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 am

SilverLutz

Banshee Egg

From the midst of its fearful whimpering, the Banshee egg seemed to brighten slightly. here was one who had not yet been touched by death. The friendly voice reached the egg, and it clung lightly to him. It knew every hand that touched it as different. Every hand.

DruidTigress

Banshee Egg

The egg's relative calm was broken suddenly by the touch of other hand. The agony of loss thundered through it, shaking the egg to its core. Mother, father! But Banshee's parents were still alive. Migel's...

Keening its shared pain, the egg almost shivered away from him. No, no. Too much. Too much. Please don't. It wasn't his fault, but could he please... stop?

Shaddaling

Siren Egg

It did shine, didn't it? The Siren preened itself, utterly pleased to be in the presence of one who acknowledged its beauty. They weren't bad looking, either, if the egg was to be consulted, which of course it should be.

DruidTigress

Angel Egg

Without a single word, the Angel dismissed Mattavi. Tch. It had better things to do than to indulge a spoiled child.

Avid_RPer18

Vampire Egg

How kind of her to think of it. Indeed, the egg found the entire proceedings rather... dull, yet could not place the blame upon the Candidates who touched it. It was simply not quite so riveting for the egg as perhaps it was for them.

Mewsings of an Angel

Banshee Egg

The Banshee egg, which had not yet recovered from Migel's touch, found itself assaulted by memories of Kieza's own loss. The girl was not trying to hurt it, and the Banshee knew, but it wept for the death that seemed so close at hand.

It... it wasn't lovely at all. It didn't even know what that meant.

Dea and #Teddy#

Angel Egg

Hmmph. Well, the Angel was not finding the experience to be at all interesting or pleasant. She was not the worst who had touched it, and it wasn't displeased to meet her. However, it did not particularly care to discuss the dreadful farce that this Touching was.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:08 pm
The subtle yet certainly there clinging made Venn give a soft 'aw' as he brushed his thumb over the eggshell gently, hoping to give the egg a bit more comfort. He could tell it had been nervous and anxious before hand so the fact that he brought it a bit of solace was a relief. He had seen a few of the other candidates recoiling from the egg quickly after touching it prior to him arriving so he had been just a bit wary of any pain or loud noises in his mind.

He knew others wished to touch the eggs so he gave the egg another soft brush and a soft 'you can do it, little one' before moving on. He didn't go far, instead shifting his weight a bit to press his hand against the Gargoyle Egg .

"Aren't you a large one," he said, amused at how empty it seemed despite it size. "Hello in there."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 pm
Astriana couldn't blame the Angel egg for not being happy about this Touching. She was glad that she was not displeased with her, though it was obvious the same could not be said about what was going on around it. As it seemed it did not want to talk about the Touching, she decided on something that might make it feel better.

Since you do not want to discuss what is going on, what would you like to talk about? This is about you and your siblings, so you should have a choice on what to speak about. I admit, it is a lot of attention on all of you, but surely you have something you would like to hear about,she replied softly to the egg.

((going to give her one more with her, she wants the Angel to have something good to focus on))  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:11 am
Kieza felt a small sob pulled from her without her knowledge and she blinked back the tears that threatened to spill from her eyes. She had kept a strong face since her mother's passing, daring not show her father or her brothers that she was any different than they were in being taller and stronger than her. She had bit back sorrow in order to keep her mind on the current, and that same notion applied as she stared down at the Banshee Egg which had brought forth those feelings. She could feel the hatchling within seeming to fill with sorrow at what her memories had wrought, and for a moment Kieza wanted nothing more than to pull her hand away to stop the assault of sadness.

Instead, she left her hand there and closed her eyes, one hand reaching up to brush un-shed tears from her eyes. Pushing the sad memories that were pulled from her mind, she instead began pushing good memories forward to counteract the sadness - of her father sharing sweets with her that he had procured from a trip to a Hold to cheer her up, a memory of her brothers swinging her as a little girl between strong arms to make their little sister squeal with delight, at Kieza's first encounter with a dragon when she was Searched. And then, one final memory, a mirror image to what was occurring now, her hand resting on an egg and the delight she was feeling at having a chance to say hello to a dragonet. Please... don't let sorrow rule. There are beautiful memories that are even better. I lost my mother, yes... but I did not let my sadness pull me down. I couldn't. I have good memories of my mother, and those are what I want to think about, not that she is no longer here. Which isn't true. She's always with me, I am her daughter after all. She made me strong.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff