Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands
[Round 1] Chuma vs Thutmose!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Lightning Shadow X generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 6!

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:03 am
User Image

Okay, Chuma! Focus! Sky Festival! Time to make the family proud, meet people...poooossibly meet a mate or such? Who knew. Either way she was raring to go to meet her opponent!

There were a lot of fresh new faces in the Ela'wadiyi lately what with the festival, it made her very happy - because she'd been in their position alongside her siblings and parents what'd felt like moons ago. Cresting the hill she eye'd across the horizon and kept her bright blue's open for her partner in the Sky tournament.

Couldn't be that far...right?

Pollack

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:30 am
User Image

Thutmose had only a short time ago moved to the Ela'wadiyi, with the full intent of starting his life fresh in mind. Though he was an older male as evident by his full mane and confident stride he had little to show for all his years on this Earth. He had no family left to his knowledge, no wild worldly possessions to cling onto, no lasting friendships to keep him tied, nor any particular place that rang as 'home' to him.

All that had changed when he had taken the leap of faith to join the Ela. Why he didn't hold any grand ground-breaking expectations that his life would be flipped over it's head in a day, he was hopeful that the welcome change of pace would shift him into a better man.

So, when the Sky Festival opportunity came up Thut was quick to sign up. It would be his first chance to prove himself out there to his new pride mates - as strange as that word was to him! He couldn't say that he was 100% sure of his abilities in the fighting ring, but he figured if anything there were brownie points to be had in at least making an effort.

Female. Golden yellow. Black rimmed ears. He thought to himself as his ruby eyes scanned over each waiting opponent, looking for the one that matched the crude description that he had been given. Stopping for a moment his eyes squinted over at a form moving in the distance. Was that...? Yes, yes he believed it actually was! The hint of a grin tugged at his mouth as he made his way over her way, silently trotting up the hill that she was on.

"Chuma, is it?" He greeted with a pleasant smile. Before they got to the punching it was just a bit important that you were actually punching the right person after all!
Lightning Shadow X

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Lightning Shadow X generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:39 pm
Now, Chuma had a habit of being possibly a little over excited -
despite being a full grown lioness she still sometimes acted with cublike impulsiveness and energy. So when a strange lion whom she'd never met called out her name, she took a few seconds to stare at him before her eyes lit up in pure excitement.

This was the only warning this poor pale male got.

The next thing he would've seen was a blur of gold and the force of two paws hitting his chest, the world tumbling and the same excited looking lioness pinning him...or attempting to as she looked at him with a big smile on her face. Needless to say, she'd probably been more than a little prepared and a little antsy to get her fight underway!
But there was no scowling, no growling, just a light hearted chuckle as she looked down at him.

"That's me! You must be my Sky tournament combatant AND a new member! I feel soooooooo lucky, you're gonna love the Ela and the ceremony!"

Pollack

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:05 pm
At first Thut stared expectantly at the younger female, his deadpan gaze boring into her as he patiently waited for a reply. And waited. Annnnd waited some more. When one didn't come after a few seconds his mouth opened to once again introduce himself and hopefully spark some sort of response from her.

Well, he certainly did get a response, though not one that he was expecting!

He let out a loud 'oof' when he hit the ground, his front paws coming up to brace most of her weight off of his now aching back. "I'm not sure I agree with your sentiments on the tournament if everyone starts these duels off in this manner." He remarked with a grimace. He had a anticipated perhaps a testosterone filled brawl, or a stiff honor bound duel, but nothing like this!

Alas, he still had much to learn about the Ela and their traditions yet!

With another low grunt Thut shoved her weight off to one side, allowing him room to roll over and straighten himself back up to his paws. "Honored to meet you as well, Chuma. Good luck to you, whenever you're ready." Stepping back from her he eyed her suspiciously, waiting for her to make the first proper move.
Lightning Shadow X

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Lightning Shadow X generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:06 pm
At the shove off Chuma snickered just a touch and watched the lion with a small smile, he was so serious, good! That was a good thing with the Sky Ceremony...she just hoped he also had fun as well, this was a beautiful celebration for all the clans in the pride. Oh well, he'd find the fun eventually!

"Good luck to you too!" She responded with another bright grin.

Waiting to get into position, the lioness gave her shoulders a wiggle before attempting to pounce him, however...may have put a bit too much oomph into it as she completely leapt over him and missed. Stumbling a little on the landing.

That hadn't gone too well.

Pollack

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:09 pm
Well she certainly was an energetic one, wasn't she? Bright, bubbly, and bouncy. He had to wonder if it was a sign of her age or if that was simple how her personality was? Either way he had to admit that it was a refreshing change of pace from the normal stiff humorless types that he found himself looped in with.

Now the real question was if her boundless energy would give her an advantage or not!

As soon as she pounced forward Thut sprang into action, his knees bending to lower him out of the line of fire. Course, he didn't need much help in that regard with her seemingly tripping over her own two paws! Well no sense in letting this opportunity pass him by, no? Spinning around on the heel of his pads to face Chuma once again Thut launched his larger body towards her. Lowering his head like a battering ram he aimed directly for her side, hoping to use his weight and her shaky balance to bring her to the ground.

If he was going to be the Goliath of this situation, and she the David, then he would have to work fast before she ran literal circles around him!

Lightning Shadow X

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Lightning Shadow X generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:11 pm
Not expecting the battering ram of a lion, Chuma got sent skidding just a bit with a slight 'Oof'. But rather than respond to it with a bitter snarl or a growl, she regained her bearings and smiles towards the newest member of the Ela' with a distinct beam of pride in her expression. He'd fit in very well here!

"That was great!" She said, bouncing up to her paws and watching him before she quickly sprung at him and tumbled her weight into his side as she switched direction landing mid-pounce only to aim for his flank. Essentially just giving him a rough little bump to the side, no intention to hurt, but just to win as she aimed him a playfully cocky smirk.
"But don't count me out just yet, buddy!"

Pollack

Pollack generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:13 pm
The fact that such an impact only send her skidding was impressive in it's self! He had to give her snaps for levels of dexterity that he hadn't previously anticipated her to have. She would have been able to give most of the fight-eager hot heads back in the Rogue lands a run for their money, if her cheerful demeanour didn't offset any anger already!

Still, he might have been old and larger but that didn't mean he didn't have a few tricks up his own sleeves.

His eyebrows rose into his hairline as he stepped cautiously back from her. "Thank you. You are doing well as well." He remarked, returning her own grin with his own mild smile. Just because they were having a brawl didn't mean that they couldn't be civil towards each other!

His expression soured into a more serious twist when she came bounding towards him once again. With a slight grimace of pain Thut followed her spin with his own, lifting his paws he slammed them into her side, almost mirroring her earlier greeting he pressed the full force of his weight into her. Craning his head down a amused sparkle lit up his eyes, hinting at his true enjoyment in this duel even if he still sported a serious scowl.

"Didn't count on it."
Lightning Shadow X

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:13 am
This time, she wasn't expecting to be thwacked back so immediately and blinked as she was sent rolling to the point of the world tumbling upside down for her, eyes rolling to refocus where she landed at the bottom of the hill as she looked up at the lion for a good few long minutes...saw the glint in his eye...and started to laugh good naturedly. She couldn't help it! He'd done so well and she was so proud of him and she wafted her paws gently as she tried to get back up on them.

"Ha! Okay okay, I think you won." She smiled as she shook the dust off her and turned to face him. "I gotta say, even if I lost my entry fight this year - thank you for making it a good one! I hope you do well!"

Pollack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:19 pm
Ah, well crap. He had expected to knock her over on her side, but he didn't think that she'd be send flying down the hill! His expression neutralized into one of mild concern as he trotted his way down the hill, following shortly after her. Stopping a few feet away he locked eyes with her, following her suit in wordless staring.

Well...until she busted out laughing!

Blinking himself his head slowly tilted to one side as he regarded her with a bemused eye. Normally people weren't so energetic when calling defeat! Or at the very least don't laugh about it. "You fought well." He remarked as he stepped forward, offering a paw to help steady herself back to her feet. He wasn't lying or bullshitting with the compliment, it simply wasn't his style, she had put up a damn fine fight. Thutmose honestly hoped that next year he would be seeing her again in the festival for a do over!

"Thank you for the good wishes, I'll try my best." Even if he honestly didn't have high expectations of making it much further in the competition. "I hope that the rest of the festival is pleasant for you, hopefully I will see you around at some point." With a curt nod of his head Thutmose made his way past her, making his unceremonious exit off of the proving grounds.

Until the next round all he wanted to do now was enjoy a moment of silence and take in all of the new sights! He wasn't going to be passing up this new found opportunity to learn more about his new home.

Lightning Shadow X
Last post from me. Sorry it took so long!
<3

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas