Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Archives
〖 the cast ▿ an avatar contest ▿ winners pg. one 〗 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:32 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 pm
User Image

1spaceFollow the event rules at all times.

2spacePlease post your entries in this thread; don't PM them to me.

3spaceYou may dress up your own avatar or use the Avatar Builder.

4spaceSave your images, or entries, to your own server.

5spaceYou may enter each category only once.

User Image

Your goal is to construct a character: a hero or a villain, existing or original, traditional or modern. The only limit you have is your own imagination (and, of course, Gaia's repertoire of items).

When you've finished designing your entry, fill out the following form and post it in this thread:

Submitting a Hero

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wE4bPwl.png[/img]
      [list][list][size=11][b]Username[/b]:
      [b]Team[/b]: Evermore or Grimoire
      [b]Hero's Backstory[/b]: (1 - 4 sentences)
      [b]Entry[/b]: (link to image)
      [/size][/list][/list]

Submitting a Villain
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/HbQdmSD.png[/img]
      [list][list][size=11][b]Username[/b]:
      [b]Team[/b]: Evermore or Grimoire
      [b]Villain's Backstory[/b]: (1 - 4 sentences)
      [b]Entry[/b]: (link to image)
      [/size][/list][/list]

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:36 pm
User Image

Submit an Entryspace5 pts.

1st Place Either Categoryspace30 pts. + Mournful Rose Wedding

2nd Place Either Categoryspace25 pts. + Garden Fae + 8,000,000,000g

3rd Place Either Categoryspace20 pts. + 7,000,000,000g

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:42 pm
User Image

• All his life, Atlas dreamed of being a ranger of the wilds just as his father had been. However, before he could complete his training, the dragon Vengur destroyed the Great Forest in a firestorm of flame and ash. Family sword in hand, he traveled to the far mountains and managed to turn the dragon's might against itself. With peace returned to the kingdom, Atlas now works to restore the forest to its prior magnificence.

User Image

• "I...I never said you were suspicious, so please stop making yourself seem more suspicious. Also, this isn't a weapon, it's a lantern. Don't do anything dangerous, since then I'd have to be the one to clean it up, and that's a waste of my time. Honestly, you need to get your act together--I would have done a better job than this." (some kind of villain turned hero who's really tired of everything and is currently considering becoming a hermit in the woods)

User Image

• Sir Haemon was once an assassin. However, one day, his horse ate something poisonous from the woods near a kingdom and the Queen of the realm stumbled upon Haemon and his horse. The Queen was knowledgable in the art of healing and brought Sir Haemon's horse back to life. Oddly enough, Haemon was meant to kill that same queen, but because of her act of kindness, Haemon now serves as her unwavering, faithful knight. His past as an assassin has earned him the name of the "Crimson Knight" all throughout the realm.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• A happy-go-lucky and kind-hearted prince, he wanted to live a carefree life. However, he is burdened as a result of being the crown prince of a kingdom that's at war with the neighboring kingdom. He became brave and courageous and has the ambition to be the best General of his Kingdom.

User Image

• Sent to slay a dragon that was plaguing a village, Alvena found the dragon's lair. She fought with the beast; however, the two warriors ended up at an exhausted standstill. Alvena made a bargain with the dragon instead. In exchange for livestock from the knight's fields, the dragon would accompany her on the occasional quest.

User Image

• She's a magician, she believe evil will never win against justice, using her spell and staff, she fought the villains and bring peace and safe to the places she visit.

User Image

• Angel is there when no one else is, dressed in cream and donning wings, she appears to help children who are sad and hungry. She brings gifts of blankets and warmth and soup and love, comforting the children. They know that she's never too far whenever they need some help.

User Image

• Darcy loves making potions, especially for her fantasy-creature friends. She can turn you into a frog, but only for fifteen minutes at a time! The lower you go on the food chain, the longer she can keep you in that form. It's her "specialty".

• Small of size, but huge of heart and the will to do good things, our little fairy with her tiny minions wander the magical forest. Find yourself lost or downhearted or hurt? She will guide you home, brighten your day with a smile and a song, or heal you with a wave of her magic wand.

User Image

• Dr. Dexter Von Braun was a child prodigy who earned his Ph.D when he was 14 years old. Dexter inherited a large sum of money from his parents and became a millionare by the age of 18 years old. An eccentric genius, he spends his money on research and invention to develop interesting gadgets to combat crime in the crime infested Megacity that he lived in. During the day he was a scientist, but at night he was a crimefighting vigilante called NeutrinoMan.

User Image

• Legend has it that a revered warrior named Aurum was bestowed a golden scarf after sparing an enemy's life in battle. It's only allowed to be worn by a warrior with a heart of gold. Every few decades, a golden hearted warrior dons the holy scarf in battle, reminding either side that compassion is a weapon stronger than any other.

User Image

• This is Soaren, a teenage boy who works in his father's shop (and grumbles), takes his sister out around town (and grumbles), does favours for the elderly (and grumbles), and finally reached the end of his 'it's the right thing to do so I'll do it, and I'll do a good job of it, but I still wish I wasn't doing it' tether when his dog dies and most people's reaction is to tell him to get over it. He wasn't going to get over it, he was going to fix it, as far as you can fix death, anyway; there's a story he heard about amazing, marvellous creations where an artist makes an animal out of dragon scales and the animal can think and feel and behaves as though it was alive. So, he runs away to find someone to make him a dog who'll be like the dog he had, one who would think the same, act the same, but never die. Unfortunately, the jeweller who offered to help him has no golden scales; and Soaren's dog was yellow, so Soaren must find a dragon with golden scales, the rarest colour, and somehow get enough scales to complete his quest.

User Image

• "Everything's not black and white. The world is beauty and love and happiness! I do my best to spread cheer and joy and color everyone's day brighter."

User Image

• A princess among the light fae who live in the forest, Aurora Rose does her part to help the forest thrive and defend it against evil. She uses her fae magic to help things grow and to heal the sick, and has an enchanted sword to strike down any threats to the forest.

User Image

• Miya awoke on a carriage, unsure of where she was or who she was... Memories of her past were gone, all she could remember was her desire to help others and see justice. Over time, it became clear that she was very skilled in the magical arts... everything from black magic to immobilize her enemies, to the healing arts, to prevent certain death for those who did not deserve to die early. Her noble spirit has caused her to have a drive and wander the lands, helping anyone who needs help, while searching for answers of her own.

User Image

User Image

• Once upon a time, there was a knight who loved to hunt. One day, amongst the pines and bushes, he slew a magical beast for sport. With its dying breaths, the beast cursed the man with madness and rage. Now, the Blood Knight hunts to feast on the blood of all who dare enter the depths of the Grimm Woods.

User Image

• "Listen, buddy, pal, friendo...I'm no one suspicious, okay? Just calm down, and uh, put down that weapon, and uhhh maybe leave the building for now? I'll be occupying it for a while so...you want to steer cle--what? No no no, I'm not doing anything dangerous...but it might get messy. " (some kind of hero turned villain loser that tries their best but no one appreciates their efforts, which is why they turned into a villain in the first place)

User Image

• Born on the cusp of dark and light fae, Siyen was always curious. After finding a book full of darkness and it's rituals, she started falling down a hole most light faeries don't go into. Many hope she isn't engulfed by it yet, but she keeps such a distance...Always in that book.

• The Black Witch. That was what parents whispered to their children at night. A scary story to prevent bad behavior. Little did those children know the stories were true. The parents however, know just how real those stories were. They could never explain to their children how they had a older brother or sister. They could only be grateful it was enough to keep the Black Witch a scary story.

User Image

• A sleazy thief, he steals anything he wants and disappears into the night like a shadow. He collects antiques and mysterious artifacts and is the mastermind of illegal trades for exotic animals in the black market.

User Image

• She's mad, she's crazy. "Oh dear, why are you here when I'm being mad, it's your fault getting near to me when I'm mad, yeehahahahahahahahaaaa!!" tearing off someone favourite toys infront of their eyes was one of her hobby.

User Image

• Deep in the woods lurks a dark sorcerer named Griswold. He is immensely fond of leading travelers astray and frightening them with eerie displays of magic. If you look closely at him, you might spot the raven and shadow entity accompanying him. On the other hand, perhaps it is wiser to keep your distance.

User Image

• Once upon a time, a baby boy was born with a strange birthmark on his head. As he grew up he was constantly bullied, harassed and teased mercilessly due to the strange and very ugly birthmark that he eventually covered up by wearing hats. All that bullying, harrassment and teasing turned him into an evil person by the time he grew up. His favorite thing to do was to blow up the vehicles of his former tormentors, preferably with them inside.

User Image

• After discovering her fiance in the forest with another lover, the bride-to-be was distraught and heartbroken. She ran deeper into the wolf-ridden woods, where she tragically met her demise. The Pale Bride now haunts the forest, luring the unfaithful to wolf dens.

User Image

• Born into the royal family, though in a far off and indirect line to the throne, Vikhail (like 'Michael' but with a 'v') was given a dragon to educate to be a companion for some future royal- that is, the dragon would live with Vikhail until he was old enough to be of value to someone else. It was a great honour, but it only reminded Vikhail of his lower standing, especially as his father bowed and scraped to say how pleased he was, and his mother said that no wonder her son was chosen; having a dragon was every bit his right as a member of the royal family, especially one descended from Gallyande, the great dragon artist. Vikhail's dragon, whom he named V'lail, was determined to have Vikhail's approval and so gave him the halves of Gallyande's most wonderful and terrible invention; wonderful, in that it allowed a dragon to share its life force to sustain a human and let them live longer; terrible, in that it was so powerful, Gallyande herself had broken it asunder, after her human refused to wear it any longer, wanting to die a natural death. With the power of dragon-sustained life (nearly immortal life as his dragon was so young), Vikhail set out to ensure nobody stood in his way to the crown, dragon or human; he murdered the king (called the Glass King from how easily he fell), took his powerful relatives hostage for their dragons to be forced to lock themselves away inside a mountain, and, now that he was the only human alive with a dragon, blamed the dragons for the death of the Glass King and, as the leader who defeated the evil, turncoat dragons, named himself king. An evil king, ruling Montabor forever; the Deathless King.

User Image

• Evelyn was your typical tree fairy, until one day she was bitten by a wild wererabbit, and she was transformed from wing to foot. Now she travels out just before dusk looking for others to share her curse.

User Image

• "Everything's not black or white. There's middle ground. I will remove all color from this world so that everyone is the same. They will see things my way."

User Image

• I chose to go with a cosplay, while not the main villain, the harpy from The Last Unicorn was both beautiful and terrifying. I chose to use the cover art by Gervasio Gallardo from the book as my reference as it was a favorite in my youth. (Reference)

User Image

• Once a light fae, tragedy struck this fairy and brought her over to the dark side. She now sucks the life and happiness out of the forest, leaving nothing but dark withered trees and death in her wake.

User Image

• As she continued to help the King in his nefarious deeds, for he had grown greedy and wanted more land and more gold, her magic turned sickly green. Kahlee knew she must stop and tried to escape from the King and go back to her village, but King Rabren was watching. With his other sorcerers he caught her and made her watch as he burned her village, till everything she knew was gone, and then he banished her to another dimension where she would stay forever. After many years of wandering she met a wolf demon who promised to teach her how to escape if she would help him shatter the shackles that kept him here as well, and now that they have come through the portal, no one will get in they way for revenge, no one.

User Image

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:44 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:46 pm
User Image

1st PlacespaceIshnia, Team Evermore

"I...I never said you were suspicious, so please stop making yourself seem more suspicious. Also, this isn't a weapon, it's a lantern. Don't do anything dangerous, since then I'd have to be the one to clean it up, and that's a waste of my time. Honestly, you need to get your act together--I would have done a better job than this." (some kind of villain turned hero who's really tired of everything and is currently considering becoming a hermit in the woods)

User Image

2nd PlacespaceMaddy-Mazey, Team Grimoire

Darcy loves making potions, especially for her fantasy-creature friends. She can turn you into a frog, but only for fifteen minutes at a time! The lower you go on the food chain, the longer she can keep you in that form. It's her "specialty".

3rd PlacespaceEmalthya, Team Grimoire

This is Soaren, a teenage boy who works in his father's shop (and grumbles), takes his sister out around town (and grumbles), does favours for the elderly (and grumbles), and finally reached the end of his 'it's the right thing to do so I'll do it, and I'll do a good job of it, but I still wish I wasn't doing it' tether when his dog dies and most people's reaction is to tell him to get over it. He wasn't going to get over it, he was going to fix it, as far as you can fix death, anyway; there's a story he heard about amazing, marvellous creations where an artist makes an animal out of dragon scales and the animal can think and feel and behaves as though it was alive. So, he runs away to find someone to make him a dog who'll be like the dog he had, one who would think the same, act the same, but never die. Unfortunately, the jeweller who offered to help him has no golden scales; and Soaren's dog was yellow, so Soaren must find a dragon with golden scales, the rarest colour, and somehow get enough scales to complete his quest.

User Image

User Image

1st Placespacesdrawkcab, Team Grimoire

"Everything's not black or white. There's middle ground. I will remove all color from this world so that everyone is the same. They will see things my way."

User Image

2nd PlacespaceDarkerdemons, Team Evermore

Deep in the woods lurks a dark sorcerer named Griswold. He is immensely fond of leading travelers astray and frightening them with eerie displays of magic. If you look closely at him, you might spot the raven and shadow entity accompanying him. On the other hand, perhaps it is wiser to keep your distance.

User Image

3rd PlacespaceEternal Rebellion, Team Evermore

After discovering her fiance in the forest with another lover, the bride-to-be was distraught and heartbroken. She ran deeper into the wolf-ridden woods, where she tragically met her demise. The Pale Bride now haunts the forest, luring the unfaithful to wolf dens.

User Image

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items