Submit

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Winternights.
It is a celebration that excites many, Tribe and visitor alike!
It is the beginning of the winter season for the Tribe, when the sun begins to set earlier, and the winds howl outside like a maddening beast.
Snow becomes a common thing to see, and most take shelter in the warm caverns around fires and the warm springs.
It is a time for remembrance of the dead and those who had passed on to join the gods in Valhalla.
It is a celebration of wild abandon, and it marks the end of the summer season of commerce and travel and the beginning of the
winter season of hunting.
The Seidmadhr use this time to foretell the fates of those entering the coming year.
Winternights marks the beginning of the Wild Hunt, which would continue until Walpurgisnacht.

Welcome all, strangers and Tribe alike!
Enjoy the festivities!

::Useful Links::
Snaerblod Tribe Herd Thread /// Descriptive Information of Hjordheim

::Rules::
o1. Please PM me if you will be joining, so I may add you to the post, as well as allowing me to know who will RPing.
o2. While I don't expect an order to be followed, please consider others who might be RPing.
o3. Try to include everyone in RP - this means if it can be helped, don't RP with just one person! This is a celebration!
o4. Members: If you want to run little events within the celebration, let me know, and I will list them!
o5. If you are RPing with someone, consider quoting them in your post so they know. <3

--------------------------------------------------------

: razz layers::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:55 pm
Loud laughter awoke the bear-like mare as she lazily napped upon the raised dais that was her "throne".
As winter days shortened, Yrsa found that she was always horribly tired.
Though if you asked any of her sisters, particularly Saga, they would tell you a different story - more often that she was just lazy.

Yrsa snorted, steam puffing lightly from her nostrils.
Ah, she could do nothing but adore her siblings, even if they made fun of her - that was certainly a family's job.

She yawned, a large cracking one that stretched her features, before standing.
Claws dug lightly into the rock and blue eyes scanned about her.
"Finally awake, sister?" A voice spoke from behind a curtain of furs.

Yrsa turned her head to look at the voice.
Out stepped a pale furred mare, who looked lovely and mysterious as usual.
"Saga, my lovely little sister. Do you know I need my eighteen hours of beauty sleep? Och, I can't be tired for tonight!"
Saga let out a small bark of laughter.
"So out of everything, at least you remember tonight..."
Yrsa glared at her, "There's food, why would I forget?"
Saga rolled her eyes and walked to stand beside her sister, her blue-eyed gaze looking out over the caverns.

Already, mares and stallions of every shape and size bustled about on land and in the air, rushing to get everything ready for when the sun finally set.
It marked the beginning of the celebration that would mark winter's long embrace upon the Tribe.

Yrsa smiled - her Tribe, hard at work. It was a beautiful thing!

A few looked up toward her and bowed their heads at High Priestess and Queen alike, and Yrsa grinned toothily.
There were unfamiliar faces here as well.
This made both of the sisters both nervous and excited. Strangers always meant the possibility of unwarranted misconduct, however it was not an uncommon occurrence. Especially when the fermented fruits began to be consumed.

Saga frowned slightly, peering at her elder sister suspiciously, who seemed all too happy.
"You're in a good mood, Yrsa."
She commented dryly, shaking her head.
Yrsa snorted once more and turned her grinning face to her sister,
"What is that saying.... 'Ye of little faith'?"
Saga rolled her eyes - be it Yrsa to try and sound educated when she was being chastised. Yrsa let out a boisterous peal of laughter that rang out across the cavern.
"Have a lil' faith in me, sister."
"The last time I did that you pushed me down the slope..."
"You deserved it."
"I did not! You didn't want to clean!"
"...it worked, didn't it?"

Saga let out a roar of annoyance, throwing her side into her sister's shoulder.
The sudden motion caught Yrsa off-guard and she fell forward over the ledge of the dais into the pool of hot spring-fed water that puddled there.
With a enormous splash, the Queen of the Snaerblod Tribe was soaked head to toe.
Those around her, if close to the pools, would likely fall prey to the wave of water that pushed it's way out of the pool.
Saga looked over the ledge down at her sister, who sat looking relatively stunned and comical in the middle of the pool.
"We're even now, dear sister!"
Saga called, quickly backing away, narrowly avoiding a stream of water to the face.
Those not used to the antics of the head family might be worrying over the possibility of violence, but are soon disappointed. Loud laughter echoes once more in the cavern as Yrsa shakes out her long mane, staring without embarrassment at those who gathered nearby.

"Welcome!
Welcome all!
Come! Join us!
Feast, drink, dance!
Let us show our dead brethren they are not the only ones who know how to party!"

[631 words]

[color=chocolate][b][/b][/color]

[color=darkgrey][b][/b][/color]

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:22 am
Ashoka made her way to the place of the festivities at a leisurely pace, normally she focused or did little more than her leather workings to caught up in her craft to do or care for very much more. But honoring the dead was important and well she felt some what of a drive to get out and interact with the rest of the herd she now called home. She had called this place home for some time now, but still she knew little of the others who also called this place home with her.What she did know was of those she might have crafted something for and that was really just understanding what they wanted crafted from leather and little more. The festivities seemed the best time to get out and meet others so there she was making her way toward the group of others.

The collection of leather bits she had created for herself included gauntlets on each of her four legs and tote necklace mix around her neck each piece had a separate design but enough shared elements to make the pieces appear as if they might be meant to worn together. In her tote she carried a small collection of samples of the designs she could create into the leather. She had come to meet other and actually get some interaction with others but it never hurt to be able to do some business as well she thought. Moving to the very edge of where most were partaking in the festivities she stood for some time simply watching. This seemed to be a habit of hers, standing on the outside observing for a while before making a move to join. For her is was usually a simple way to gain information and assess situations but this time it she did is simply because she was unsure of how to actually join in.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:08 pm
Scherazade couldn't tell in honesty just how the mention of a Winternights celebration had crossed her ears. The mare had them in so many places, after all, looking for a new tale to tell and new things to learn so that she could share and spread the stories. There were fewer things she loved than interesting knowledge. And this celebration, this 'Winternights' seemed like a different cultural experience that would be most intriguing. It was kind of them to open their borders and share the festivities.

Her veil was closed carefully and demurely, a difficult task made easier by her friend Tehya's familiar and her clever paws. It was a celebration, after all; Scherazade would be loath to present herself as a guest looking in any way less than her finest. The walk had been a bit difficult with her hooves, and several times she had thought about returning and not attending. But wasn't every story of worth involving some sort of trial, no matter how minor? She could do no less than be inconvenienced with some exertion in order to obtain that which she sought.

Hjordheim. She'd never seen the like before, and she could hardly pronounce the name. It sat in her mind like something heavy and alien, exotic. And so braving the chill she made her way past the guards, cautiously making her way as directed until she came to the appropriate chamber, already filling with members of the herd and other guests. Shifting, the storyteller admired the fine furs and leatherworkings in view, considering. The mare had brought no gift for her hosts but one, a story of a divine creature who had stolen a brew that gave inspiration to storytellers and musicians, a tale heard from someone whose name danced over her tongue much like the word Hjordheim. But were tales to be truly considered gifts? Especially one that many here may have heard before?

Ah! She should have come better prepared.

Scherazade also should have been paying better attention to where she was going, and not been lost in her thoughts and self-concerns. There was a roar and a splash nearby, and then laughter, and she blinked lavender eyes down at her slightly damp mane and veil. If she weren't trying so hard to mind her manners, she might have sighed- as it was, her expression of dismay was likely hidden by the veil, and her concern would be expressed through a crinkled brow. Ah well; such was life.

The mare who had fallen in the spring stared out at them all and Scherazade met her gaze, turning her attention away at the mention of feasting and dancing. It was a little odd that they spoke of the dead as though they were... alive. Was that an aspect of their religion, as it were? Some stories spoke of a place where such things happened. It was a lovely thought, actually. Her furrowed brows lightened, and she took a breath, letting out a resigned noise. Ah well. She would be dry before she needed to leave this place, and in the meantime there was much to do and admire.

She should have brought a more physical gift for her hosts. She wasn't sure how appropriate a tale was for such a festival! “Your invitation was most gracious,” she told the damp mare politely, “Thank you for welcoming me.” It was, at least, to be assumed she was one of the leaders here. Her dais and loud welcome certainly seemed to indicate her as hostess.

[Word Count: 589]  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:23 am
A grin lit upon Yrsa's face as the dainty mare approached the pool and spoke.
With a huff, the great bear-mare stood up, her shaggy fur sticking in odd directions, soaked through and through with water.
Around her, those more familiar to the daily happenings of bickering between High Priestess and Queen let out laughs and chuckles, before dispersing to finish their preparations for the night, including the building of fires both inside and out of the caverns.
This left the new little stranger near alone in front of the Queen.

Yrsa waded slowly through the pool to the edge and gracelessly climbed out of the water.
Above her, peals of laughter could be heard from Saga as she took in her sister's bedraggled appearance.
"Ye be lookin' like a drowned rat, sister!"
The priestess exclaimed, earning her a dirty look from Yrsa.
The dark-colored she-bear let out a loud snort, her lips pulling up at the corners despite being soaked.
Sharp white teeth peeked out as she grinned at her sister, a clear indication that the feud was far from over today.

Turning her attention back to the little stranger who stood radiantly in front of her, the Queen bowed her head low in greeting - though truth be told, her normal greeting would have involved a little more... contact.
Like a bear hug.

No, a little control was required.
This mare looked very.... delicate?
Was that the right word?
Definitely a stranger.

"Och, it's a pleasure to have new friends to enjoy our festivities!"
She smiled, blue eyes blazing with pleasure.
Yrsa enjoyed festivals and celebrations of any sort quite a bit.
It meant unbridled, unhindered behavior. It meant she was able to cut loose.
Though.... that wasn't to say she didn't already do that in normal day-to-day life.
She was the Queen after all. Who would dare tell her differently?
Besides her sister of course...

Stepping closer to the little mare, the she-bear reached out a paw, and almost delicately snagged a corner of the veil Scheherazade wore, lightly pulling the damp fabric up from the ground.
"Aye... I must say that I'm sorry to get you wet like that, pretty one."
She shook her head, her face showing her apology.
"Ah! But there will be fires lit soon and plenty of warmth to go around! No need for one as lovely as you to freeze under my watch! There will be no words of Queen Yrsa of the Snaerblod Tribe being a poor hostess to her guests!"

Yrsa stepped back, giving the mare a little space, though as she did so, she let out a soft laugh, bowing slightly at the legs as she looked over herself.
"Aye... I'm not in much of a better condition, am I!"
She said matter-of-factly, setting herself a-shaking like a giant dog, sending more water spraying across the area in her attempt to dry herself.

Infinities

[465]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:45 pm
Ah! She hadn't realized just how much larger the other mare was than she herself, and Scherazade felt much like a foal again as the pawed mare dragged herself from the pond. How fascinating! She had never met one of the pawed Soquili, and most of those she had heard tell of were spoken of with fear. Her veil was pulled up from the damp ground, and the mare's eyes flicked up to the other with warm gratitude. "Accidents and sisterly pranks are both common occurrences, Queen Yrsa, and waves are made by both. You've no need to be sorry, and the warmth of a fire will soon set any inconvenience right." She tilted her head to glance at the mare who had called the Queen sister, giving a soft chuckle.

One which got louder as 'Yrsa' began shaking herself, and Scherazade ducked enough to let some of the spray pass over- just not much! It had been far too long since she'd played in the water, and though this was not quite the same thing, the light-hearted joviality of the larger female was doing much to set the frequently-formal bard at ease. The water may be dampening her body, but certainly not her spirits! Violet eyes twinkling, she waited until the Queen had finished shaking before she spoke again. "I'm Scherazade, Queen Yrsa, a storyteller who wanders, collecting and sharing knowledge. Due to my journeys, I've little to offer as a guest-gift but for one such tale, to be told at a more comfortable time."

Mewsings of An Angel

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:07 pm
Blót stood before her reflection in the depths of the cave, it wasn't like her to be vain but Sága would have expected her to help the queen in the background. She'd rather not have drawn any unwanted attention because she wasn't the most eloquent of speakers. She dressed in her finest dark furs with an extra layer of light fur over her shoulders. If she knew the parties well enough, something would happen to one of the guests and she wanted to be well protected against her sisters' antics.

Blót made her way to the main cavern where the queen usually held her court. It wasn't long before the silence was broken by the collective sounds of social babbling. The cavern was warm and others were able to remove their cloaks, hoods and furs if they wished, it was only going to get warmer as the night went on. So many people arriving and so much energy.

The dark mare glanced around the room, no queen in sight, until there was a big splash to break through the voices of the crowd, silence followed this until the crowd began to cheer. Blót smirked and weaved between the crowd until she reached her sister who was talking to a slightly damp mare,"sorry for interupt'n' but we can't have one of our guests soggy." Blot unfastened her white over fur,"may I?" She gently placed the fur over the dainty mare's shoulders. She eyed her sister, slighter than usual as the damp fur clung to her form leaving less volume in her figure but still humungous in stature,"best be goin' sis, you got this." In a more formal setting she would have given up her cloak but she knew in this warmth her sister would soon dry off. With this thought in mind, the dark mare nodded and darted through the crowds again.

Sacrificing a layer cooled her down a tad but the party would become warm and more festive as time went on. Blót spotted an emerald mare on the sidelines, Blót admired fine leather work and she appeared to be sporting fine bracers of her own. She slunk through soquili of all shapes and sizes before she arrived in the mare's vicinity. She slipped off to the side of the crowd with a quick glance at the mare. She looked down at her forelegs and to her displeasure her sigils had smudged slightly in the hustle and bustle of crowd.

Mewsings of An Angel

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Infinities

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:00 am
User Image

His breath billowed from his mouth in foggy tendrils as he walked through the frozen tundra. His mind was every which way but it all made sense to him so it's not like it was anything concerning when he thought about it. The monocale at his eye fogged up slightly and he lowered his head and rubbed it gently against his leg and cleared it up and looked around curiously. He wasn't familiar with these lands, nor was he familiar with the inhabitants. It appeared to him he was stumbling upon a party.

"Welcome!
Welcome all!
Come! Join us!
Feast, drink, dance!
Let us show our dead brethren they are not the only ones who know how to party!"

The voice carried across the wind and he was still a bit of a distance away but he could still hear. His dark green eyes glinted for a moment as he watched those ahead of him to see if he had anything to worry about but it seemed as though he was in the clear. He gave his shoulders a slight shrug and moved forward. It seemed as though there was some great excitement going on and he caught the sight of one of the large mares being pushed into what seemed to be a hot spring. Curious. Very curious indeed.

His gaze spotted Ashoka as the mare seemed to be just content with watching. He looked around and spotted Scherazade easily enough, the mare stood out greatly with the veil that covered much of her face. This was curious to him. Why on earth would you want to cover your face? Was she horribly scarred or had some blemish she didn't want others to see?

He was aware that many of the Soquili that had gathered had pawed feet. This was even more curious to him. Though it wasn't an uncommon sight for him. He had met a filly not to long ago with pawed feet and he had found her to be quite darling. He was still a little distance away but decided he'd go a great Ashoka since she was the closest one to where he was. "Salutations fair one..." His voice held a flare of amusement as he spoke to the green mare. "Quite the engagement that is going on. Do you happen to know of the occasion?" He asked her curiously. He wasn't sure if he was the only one without a clue as to what was transpiring around here.

"Also, forgive my horrible manners. My name is Ridley. Though some like to call me Vice. I leave the choice of calling up to you m'dear." He said giving her a small bow of his head and a dashing smile. It's not that he was flirting with her, he acted like that all the time so it wasn't something he did on rare occasions, those she was pretty and he couldn't help it if pretty mares got the best of him at times.

WC: 497

sage_the_vampirc_angel
Sorry for the double quote

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:23 pm
Ashoka watched everything before her with out much show of expression or any real movement to join let alone do much else. She took in the interactions of the yakbear sister along with the veiled new comer, her body shuffling every once in while to find a new comfortable spot for her limbs. She was becoming more at easy with the situation she found herself in and soon rather then focusing and gathering information of the goings on around her she drifted off into her own mental world soothed by the chatter and other noise around her. It gave her the feeling of company with out having to actually put in the effort to speaking to another. She knew she aught too, but for the moment it was enough for her till she was truly and completely comfortable enough to go up to another.

Lost in her own little world Ashoka somewhat took in the appearance of the new stallion who had entered the party, but she paid him no mind in the beginning. She had, had a fleeting wondering if her was part of the herd or not but it seemed there were a fair amount of guests coming to the celebration and no one else minded, so she saw no point in being concerned unless someone became a threat. So lost in her own musings and general la-la land she went to when she was coming up with ideas for her craft or simply bored out of her mind, the mare failed to notice the stallion approach her till his voice flared next to her. Startled Ashoka took a step back her body tightening and becoming battle ready before she noticed it was simply the stallion she had seen enter before. Flushing she bowed her head slightly and shook her mane as if she could get it to cover her face and hid her embarrassment.

" Excuse me, I was off in my own world and didn't notice you coming closer." Pausing Ashoka titled her head to one side as she listened to the stallion for a moment and at the same time tried to recall what he had said while she she was both spaced out and popping back into reality moments later. " Hello Ridley, I am called Ashoka." She nodded a slight greeting as she continued to try and recall what the stallion before had said when he had come up next to her. Finally recalling Ashoka glanced around as if something would help her in her explanation, finding nothing she glanced at the stallion again. " This festival is for a number of things I suppose, to honor our dead who have moved onto the great halls of Valhalla, it is also because summer has ended and with it the season of trading and traveling to will come to an end. I guess it is also because soon the Winter hunts and Wild Hunt will begin."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:52 pm
Amusement lit the face of Saga as she watched her siblings begin to show their faces among the guests. She was feeling better and better for having pushed Yrsa off the ledge, despite knowing that it would probably come to bite her in the rear later.

Shaking her head, the mare sighed - she was used to her elder sisters' antics and it was just a normal daily occurrence.
As she watched others join in and converse, the High Priestess shook out her long mane, and with a flick of her dark tail, the yakbear maiden leapt down from the dais to join her siblings below among the masses.
Claws dug into the wet rock as she landed upon the ground near the springs.

Up close, Saga was a sight to behold. While she was very similar to her elder sister, her blue eyes held a calm energy unlike Yrsa's blue eyes that held an icy fire.
Where Yrsa's girth held boisterous power and the threat of danger, Saga's body exuded a sense of mystery and motherly protection.
She was one who would gather foals together for a story, and tell them tales of mysterious places.
She was the other side to the coin that was the Tribe.

Stepping near her sister, she smiled and bowed her head to the pale, veiled maiden that Yrsa had set her gaze upon, before stepping close to Blot to give her a quick nuzzle of affection before the mare set off through the crowds to do her own business. Saga watched her go with a pleasant look, taking in the fact crowds parted around her. Ah, to be a young priestess again...

A hard knock against her side brought her attention back to in front of her as Yrsa prodded her in the side with a horn, noting how Saga's mind wandered.

"Welcome, Lady... Sheherzade?" Saga spoke, trying to pronounce the name properly. "You join us in a happy time for our festival. I am Saga, the High Priestess of our Tribe and I bid you enjoy yourself and the company of my family and the rest of our Tribe. Though our appearance may be a bit... dirty, perhaps uncivilized, we try to keep our wits about us." She nodded her head slightly, as if hoping to affirm this statement with her sister, who noted this and just snorted.

Infinities

Yumitoko II

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Thalea

Devoted Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:06 pm
User ImageShe was late to the celebration, time had gotten away from her as she watched the snow drifts dance upon the wind and visions of futures yet to be decided flickered past. She had even begun to dance with the Snow Elementals for the excitement of it all, the festive air and the prospect of meeting new soquili who have traveled to these lands just to participate in the merriment.

One of these days, she would meet a stranger and he would be the father her children; where this conviction came from, she did not know. Perhaps the Gods had shown her images of a handsome stranger or perhaps it was the only logical assumption that she would meet a handsome stallion and things would continue from there.

During her frolicking, she had traveled far from the cave, Urðr had not done that intentionally, but she welcomed the walk back just the same. The cool crisp winter air helped clear her thoughts and freeze the beginning pain of the throbbing head ache that seeing visions constantly brought to her.

Her visions were a gift of the Gods, but they were not given to her without asking for something in return; for every day that she lived and saw what the Gods wished for her to See, the mare would live with the constant pain in her head. Nothing the healers concocted seemed to take effect; in fact, it seemed the headache became excruciatingly more painful after ingesting the herbs. Urðr took it as a sign from the Gods that she must pay the cost of their Gift and not try to escape the price.

The cave mouth was in view, embedded in the snow were an array of tracks entering and exciting. Paw prints mixed in with hoof prints. The path was well worn and the snow had been compacted into the hard sharp substance that scraped at the pads of her paws.

She was not sure which hit her first, the warmth of the cave or the raucous merriment of the Winter Nights Celebration. A large smile appeared on her countenance as she entered the welcoming atmosphere of her home.

Her paws barely made a sound as she made her way deeper into the cave, stopping abruptly when she entered the great cavern. Her eldest sister was dripping wet and conversing with a strange mare in blue scarf that covered her entire face except for her eyes.

The flicker of green caught her eye, and Urðr turned her attention to the leatherworker, Ashoka, who was conversing with stallion the color of mountain earth during the spring and wearing a strange assortment of garb.

Urðr looked away from the stranger and walked up to her sisters; on her way she was able to catch a few of the High Priestess’ words to the veiled stranger. “It looks like I have missed quite a bit entertainment; I’m especially disappointed that I was not here to witness the water acrobatic show featuring my dear sister.” She smiled at her damp sister and then looked at Saga who she guessed was the cause of the dripping Queen. The Seer turned her smile to the stranger in the blue veil, “Hello there, it is nice to see a new face around here. I’m Urðr, one of the many uncivilized, sometimes dirty, yet witty, sisters here in Hjordheim.”

Disclaimer & Word Count

Word count: 563

(Disclaimer: Urðr does not actually see visions of the future, only believes she does and the people of the tribe do as well; the visions that she “Sees” are derived by an unknown form of delusional schizophrenia)

Mewsings of An Angel

Infinities

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:21 am

He watched her for a moment and gave her a small chuckle as she came back to reality. "No need to apologize. I do it all the time." He said with a small nod of his head. Ashoka was her calling. He liked it and the name seemed to suit her. "It's an honor to meet you Ashoka." He listened curiously as she spoke of death and honor, trading and traveling and Hunts that would soon take place. Curious. "I am curious about the Hunts you mentioned. Would you mind telling me more about them?" He asked her, his green gaze scanning the area for a moment before returning to look at her.

He tried to think of things he remembered his family doing as he grew up but it wasn't anything like this. There seemed to be so much going on with this place that he was fairly certain he would be able to sate his curiosity for a great deal of time and then some! "If I ask too many questions, please let me know. I'm quite curious you see." He said with a small grin as he flicked his tail against his back legs lightly.

WC: 198

sage_the_vampirc_angel
blah, sorry this post stinks. crying

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Dapper Bloodsucker

32,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:45 pm
Ashoka shook her head lightly listening to the visitor's questions, she truly did not mind them or trying to answer them but she also knew she probably wasn't the best member of the tribe to ask either.Taking another moment, she paused again this time to think about her answer. She had not been with tribe long enough to really experience any of the other winter hunts fully. She decided instead to draw on what she knew of the tribe and her own experiences from her previous herd in order to make her answer. Finally looking up she gave a soft sort of half smile as if though to re-engage with the stallion she had speaking too. Being lost in thought of being very concentrated probably seemed like some sort of state she fell often and realistically that was the truth. She so often found her self falling into her own random thoughts or concentrating on the leather working before her she had learned to play both states to her advantage when it came to planning for fights or hunts. But at the same time it worked against her when in the presences of others because she seemed to so often zone out.

Forcibly shaking the thoughts from her head, Ashoka once again gave the stallion a half smile before diving into her explanation. " I suppose the easiest thing to compare it to, it something of a gathering that one might due before winter and its snow settles in. You must get all the plants and other veggies to eat before the snow settles in and kills them or makes them hard or impossible to find. While the same is not exactly true with animals for meat or furs, it does become much harder to find them than in the other seasons. Many have gathered their foods and stay inside or are sleeping the winter away. So as winter approaches we must hunt in order to gather meat for the upcoming winter. Both for the tribe and for the gods so we can keep all fed and pleased ."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:32 pm
Delicate and cold, Scherazade was moments away from shivering when something warm fell over her slender body. A fur? How kind! "Thank you!" she called after the dark mare, shifting her shoulders so that it covered her most securely. The gesture was a most welcoming one indeed. So this was a 'sis' of the Queen Yrsa? A warm-hearted family indeed, for how cold their home was! She supposed that those of chiller spirits were possibly also of chiller bodies.

A grey-faced mare moved forward, familiar after the incident with the Queen and the water. Politely, Scherazade acknowledged her, light eyes twinkling with good humor. "You pronounce a difficult name very well for a first try, Priestess. I am most honored by your welcome. And the kindness of your tribe. I can't see any deficiencies in manners from where I stand, and can hardly accuse anyone of being dirty." She wriggled one damp hoof, laughing.

Turning her attention to the blue-eyed Urðr, her slim shoulders shook. "A pleasure to meet you, my lady. I'm Scherazade. I've never traveled quite this far into the mountains. It's quite a pleasure to be here."

Mewsings of An Angel

Thalea

Yumitoko II

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:28 pm
He was pleased to have found her quite the hostess of sorts, even if she wasn't the one in charge of the celebration. It was pleasant to be in welcoming and hospital company and she took his answers graciously and didn't seem bothered by his lack of knowledge to their ways. He watched her as she thought on her words and it put him at ease to know she was one to calculate her response and not randomly blurt out the first things that came to mind. He wondered how long she had been a member of this peculiar Herd. He watched her intently as she spoke to him and he nodded his head slightly as the information seeped into him. It sounded like they had a set system that couldn't really be seen as faulty, at least from what she had explained to him. "I see, " He started with acknowledgment to her words, "It sounds like a pretty important celebration. What other ones are celebrated among your Herd?"

He was rightfully curious about them even more now. "If you do not know it is alright, I'm just curious by nature." He said with a relaxed tone. At first he had his doubts in the back of his mind how this whole experience might go, but the longer he talked to Ashoka, the more he realized it was foolish to even think about it now. He was completely confident that there was no reason for him to be afraid something may happen. Honestly it was all the paws that had him nervous at first. That and the size of the Snaerblood sisters alone was intimidating, but this mare had him convinced that appearances aren't always what they appeared to be. "Will there be any way that I may be able to help out tonight?" He asked after having thought about it for a second. Clearly he wouldn't do well to try and hunt, but gathering was something he was confident he would be able to do without issue.

He would find it rude of him to come to their celebration and then not offer his services. Or at least offer to help them, it would be extremely poor taste. At least in his mind it would be poor of him to not ask, thus the question had been brought up. He gave her a warm smile as he awaited her response. His attention turned towards the other members of the Herd, most particularly the Snaerblood siblings. “Are they the Herd Leaders?” The question escaped his lips before he really had a chance to think on it, though he was certain she didn't mind all his questions. At least he hoped she didn't. She was being extremely patient with him thus far, but he didn't want to push the limits with what she may be able to handle when it comes to such things.

WC: 484

sage_the_vampirc_angel

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces