Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[Tribe RP/Event] The Mothers Club Adoption Day! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:52 am
It is a bustling summers day without a cloud in the sky and the bountiful land of The Mothers Club is a balm on the senses. You have been invited through word of mouth, The Royal Rainbow Troupe spreading far and wide to sing of an upcoming event. When you arrive, not only is the area full of club members happily looking to engage you in conversation about babies and more babies, but Rise & Shine has been called to arms. A brilliant buffet awaits anyone who wanders past, piled high with dried fruits, salted fish, preserved roots and topped off with a whole steamed caiman.

So why are you even here? Why is this party happening? It has come to Peep’s attention that not all kin are capable of becoming parents. Whether it’s from sheer bad luck or the Motherfather’s will, there are those who long for children and yet can’t have them. As a mother of three clutches, Peep can’t imagine life without one or more foals tagging at her heels and wishes everyone a chance for the same thing.

With that in mind, welcome to…

The Mothers Club Adoption Day!

This is an RP Event and Contest thread open to everyone. Please come and play!

The event starts now and ends on July 1st!

Contents
1. Welcome
2. Adoption RP Contest
3. Mystery Bushes!
4. Shadelight's Sac Contest
5. Joining the Tribe!
6. Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:57 am
Adoption RP Contest

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

At this center of everything, the Mothers Club Matriarch, Peep, is watching over three foals. They’re all from unknown parents and have no family aside from the club. Peep will be sad to see them go but if she can find them someone to offer love and care, she’ll be happy to see them go.

"I’m so glad that you’re here," she tells you, smiling brightly, "these four are very precious to me but I want to pass the joy of parenthood on those who haven’t been blessed yet." But despite her pleasant smile, there’s a glint in her eyes that suggests you’d better work hard to convince her you’re worthy.

Notes: For IC purposes, the prizes are being referenced as being at the foal stage but you will receive them as eggs/sacs/etc. Also note that while Peep specifically wants them to go to new parents who haven't had or can't have kids, she's not exactly going to know, so don't feel restricted by that if you kin is a good liar. ;D Your kin and the foals are not required to join the tribe, however they are more than welcome to and Peep will always love to see the kids come back when they're older.

How to enter?

Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to convince Peep you’ll make a great parent. You will do this by approaching Peep in this thread with an RP post of your kin stating their case. Once that is done, you are free to continue RPing in the event. Active RP will be taken into consideration.

Please quote me (Ruriska) with your RP post with the following code at the top:

[quote="Ruriska"][/quote]
[color=steelblue][size=18][b]I'll make a wonderful parent! [/b][/size]
Pref: [List your preferences!][/color]

Entry Example (except your RP portion won't be as horrible):

Ruriska

I'll make a wonderful parent!
Pref: just the acha obviously

Watch Me casually wandered over to Peep, laughed merrily and said, ‘I’ll take the Acha!’ as if it was some forgone conclusion and she’d just been holding on to the cute little tyke until he turned up.

For any questions please quote me in the main tribe thread!

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 am
Mystery Bushes!

OVER!

Peep said four, right? Except you're pretty sure you only see three! As your kin wanders around, they might notice something suspicious going on in the bushes. Are they going to take a look?

User Image
Please excuse shitty Paint skillz.

The is a first come, first served contest! There are eight bushes and one of them has something good behind it. The winning number has already been decided. Once claimed; that number is no longer available. The winner will be revealed once all the bushes have been chosen.

To be the first to claim a bush, please post the below code with an RP post of your kin snooping around. Please note that I will not accept placeholders and the code AND entry must be posted at the same time or it won't count.

[color=green][size=18][b]I'd like to look behind bush number [insert your chosen number]![/size][/b][/color]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:02 am
Shadelight's Sac Contest

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shadelight might be getting on in years, and she might have had numerous offspring already, but for much too long she has been taking care of other kins' children, and none of her own! Until, of course, a handsome buck came along...now Shadelight has not one but five of her own offspring to take care of. That'll show those ladies who...is the best at being a mother around here!

This is ye olde naming/dream contest for doe 2 and doe 4. Doe 3 is tentatively named Lucky Streak, buck 5 is named Fail Safe while doe 1 does not have a name yet. Obviously, these kin will be raised in the Mother's Club, but they are not required to remain members after they reach adulthood.

To enter, fill out the form below and post your entry in The Mothers Club Tribe Thread! Not this one!

You may enter once for each doe, or use the same entry for both. You may present your naming dream in any format you like - prose, poetry, painting, photo, etc. - but please only enter your own work.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Preference:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Dream:[/b]

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:02 am
Joining the Tribe

So you like the cut of Peep's jib? Think your kin would fit well in this club? Well, you're welcome to join it officially!
Feel free to approach me with Peep in the RP or if I'm busy or you can't be bothered, just head over to the tribe thread! The only requirement is you must love kids.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:06 am
Entrant List

Adoption Contest

Mystery Bush
1. StarieMichie
2. Blinded By Silence
3. EchoLimaFoxtrot
4. Amizade
5. Araucana
6. Khryssie
7. Kanthulhu
8. LOLLI qAq

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:15 am
Credits

Thank you to Amorpheous for letting me toss her a super sekrit bribe and then creating these absolutely amazing kids which I'm still tempted just to keep for myself.

And thanks to Jun and Maxx for Rise & Shine reference and just because. <3

OH AND MANY THANKS TO CHRYS AND SACRED GROVE for planting the seed of this idea!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:24 am
This event is open! Please come and play!

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Celestial Requiem

Wilderness Witch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:40 am
I'LL GET THINGS STARTED 8V

I'd like to look behind bush number [4]!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:57 am
I'd like to look behind bush number [7]!

Autumn Eye was very curious with things, and found himself beside various bushes that were slightly different in color.

Tilting his head, he narrowed an eye before sauntering over to one, lowering his head and examining it rather thoroughly. Hadn't he heard something back here...?  

Fethery

Tiny Raider

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:01 am
Celestial Requiem

Kanthulhu

Sorry guys!

Quote:
Rules state: To be the first to claim a bush, please post the below code with an RP post of your kin snooping around.

I can't count your post until you add that in!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:51 am
Ruriska

I'll make a wonderful parent!
Pref: No preference! Learns will love unconditionally any of them. So just put me last if he gets chosen.

He'd known that this was going to happen. There was going to be a big to-do for the children that Peep had found and he was so excited! Somehow, entirely untrue to his name, he'd managed to completely miss the part where the kids were going to be put up for adoption. He'd just assumed that this was a big party to welcome them ... Though, now that he thought about it, that didn't make a whole lot of sense.

The day of the adoption event started and before his duties began Learns By Listening barreled his way to Peep; skidding to a stop just a mere couple of hoof spaces in front of her. A smile showed his teeth and his eyes were wide.

"Peep, please, I need to say something tremendously important."

He took a deep breath and settled his face into something more sane looking.

"My mother, as you know, earned her name by watching over a young one in need. My own name was earned by learning to listen to the words of the children she fostered and knowing the different emotions behind them. The truth of them. For as long as I can remember taking care of children and being a mother has been all I've known or wanted to do with my life. It's been such an honor to watch over all of the tribe as does come here to give birth. Some of staying with their young, some leaving their children here to be loved by us, and sometimes leaving with their kids to find their own ways. The miracle of having and raising your own child seems like such a joy that I have wanted to experience it myself for quite some time. I've just. Well, it's been hard finding any does that I feel that way for. You're all like mothers and sisters to me that ... Yeah."

Another deep breath and he fidgeted as he looked imploringly at the tribe matriarch.

"I'm not asking that you place my desires above those kin that will come here to find a child of their own... Only that, should one remain, you take me into consideration. I've a lot of love to offer and I've been trained by the best."

He saw his own mother standing off to the side and winked at her.

"Thank you."

With a nod of his head and his heart a bit lighter he turned and went back to patrolling around the edges of the party.  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:04 am
I'd like to look behind bush number 8!

As Learns made his way back to his self-assigned patrol area something suddenly seemed off. He knew to always trust his first instincts, but the investigate before causing a scene. So he stopped where he was at, lowered his breathing, and listened.

There were no sounds that he could distinguish as being out of the ordinary, so he sniffed. First he smelled the air and finding nothing amiss there he then bent lower and sniffed closer to the ground. Nothing out of the ordinary there either.

The totoma buck straightened and, having his first two tests result in nothing, scanned the area with raptor sharp eyes. He kept his head still as he surveyed the area and looked high and low. A particular bush caught his attention though, again, it was based on instinct and not evidence.

"Hmm, I should check this out," he said to no one but himself and the suspicious looking foliage.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:07 am
I'd like to look behind bush number 3!

Daybreaks Melody wandered to the meadow, her head on a swivel as she stared at the streams and flowers and trees. The area was a joy, and she couldn't help but think that she should have known of this tribe before. How wonderful it would to have a constant stream of young ones.

The doe loved the young kin but had never been fortunate enough to have youngin's of her own.

She could see the gathering and buffet ahead, but decided to look around a bush she was just passing. Daybreak's Melody felt terrible for not having anything with her and decided to look for some last-minute berries to bring to the buffet.  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:11 am
I'd like to look behind bush number 5!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Clove’s ear flicked towards a sound to her left, a shuffle and shudder amongst foilage. At first she ignored it, lowering her mouth to nibble at the grass below, but another sound came, interrupting her feed.

She turned to look for the offender, the disturber of her breakfast but found only in her sight, eight bushes. They were all about the same size and shape which was a little odd, as if they’d been planted at the same time, deliberately and evenly spaced. Her thoughts wondered to whom might have sewn this little garden, seemingly without purpose, no berries or flowers.

Weaving between the front bushes she inspected under the bush with the darkest leaves. Was this where the sound had come from?  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff