Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandaphilic
Vice Captain

Intellectual Powerhouse

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Hello everyone!

I am potentially looking to hire a RP manager (two if I feel that more than one have great ideas) whose main responsibilities are to expand Extrasensory's RPverse and run RP events. I say potentially because I may not hire anyone if I don't find anyone who fits the description I want in a RP manager and will keep this open until I find someone suitable.

What I'm looking for:

- AMAZING ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR SKILLS. I need to be able to understand what you are writing.
- REALLY INTERESTING PLOT IDEAS. I don't want a plot every other shop has, or something predictable. Events do not need to be friendship is magic, as well. They can be dark, crazy, frightening... whatever, just as long as I won't get bored reading about it.
- Preferably someone who has seen how at least one of our events had been run. If not, be sure to familiarize yourself to our past RP events.
- Someone with a lot of time to dedicate to the shop. If you are a busy person, please do not apply!
- Someone who knows the history of Zatao and has creative ideas on how to expand.
- Someone willing to communicate and discuss ideas with me when there isn't an event going on. I need to know you haven't dropped off the face of the earth and are still interested in the position!
- Not required, but if you can make little graphics, that would be a nice bonus.

Your responsibilities:

- Expand the RPverse. We need more cities and all uncivilized areas of Zatao could benefit from an RP event taking place to explore the different terrains.
- Run RP events. These happen about twice a year (summer and winter). If you have participated in, or at least stalked one of our RP events, these are mostly run with one ORP and some smaller side or group events. You must be comfortable with setting up threads, furthering the plot in a timely manner, and answering questions. RP events can be anywhere from a quick-paced two weeks to a slowly updated, couple of months, though I prefer around a month long events with updates once a day or once every other day. This part of the job may be stressful, but we do have Qix to help if you need (unless you are Qix.. then.. well... ;|).
- Incorporate Rockets, Police Officers, and Healers into the mechanics of the events. Not all RP events must include all, but if you can make an effort to give them a role, that would be great.
- Be fair. Unfortunately, if you are RP manager, you may not be able to RP or win pokemon from the event. You may participate if your posts will not affect the outcome of the event, but know that you are running the event first and foremost, so don't extend the next update if you need time to put in a RP post or anything like that.
- Run pokemon contests. We have been having them about twice a year as well. You will open sign ups, set up threads, pit contestants against each other, and judge.
- Run gym leader applications. These only happen when we have a need for a new gym leader and are similar to contests minus the RPing.

I hope you have read and comprehended everything, as I'm expecting a RP manager to be able to read everything and not just skim.
PM the code to the mule, Pandashroom Pogeys!

[b]Are you sure you have time to dedicate to this position?:[/b]
[b]Any experience with running RPs?:[/b]
[b]Sample of your RPing:[/b] [links!]
[b]At least three ideas to further the story:[/b] [Just a summary, or description of your plans will do!]
[b]If you were to plan the next RP event, what would be the plot and how would it be organized (one big ORP? groups? battles?)? Describe in detail as if you were going to put the event up right now:[/b] [Incorporate Rockets, Officers, or Healers, if you can]
[b]Any additional benefits you can bring to the position?:[/b] [Here is where you mention you can make little graphics if you can do it]
[b]How would you like to be paid, and how much/often?:[/b] [Be reasonable. RP events are done for free from our staff, however I can pay you for your efforts.]

You may ask questions about the position in this thread, but do not post forms.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:59 pm
Do you think someone other than a full-time RP manager might run a major, official event some time? I doubt I'd be able to keep up with the full job, but, now that I think about it, I might like to run a one-off event. It would take some pressure off the main RP manager if there were occasional guest event-runners.  

GriffinFire

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Grunnyland Collector 150

Pandashroom Pogeys
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am
GriffinFire
Do you think someone other than a full-time RP manager might run a major, official event some time? I doubt I'd be able to keep up with the full job, but, now that I think about it, I might like to run a one-off event. It would take some pressure off the main RP manager if there were occasional guest event-runners.

Do you mean just run an event with a storyline/mechanics already planned, or have the guest plan a story and mechanics as well? I haven't thought about this, but it is an interesting idea, thank you. :>  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:28 pm
Pandashroom Pogeys
Do you mean just run an event with a storyline/mechanics already planned, or have the guest plan a story and mechanics as well? I haven't thought about this, but it is an interesting idea, thank you. :>

Either or both. smile And perhaps people who didn't want to run an event could submit plot ideas, too.  

GriffinFire

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Grunnyland Collector 150

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:49 pm
I think that is an amazing idea, GriffinFire! Running everything is a huge job for one person, but it could be really fun to do just one event. Hopefully whoever gets picked will allow this/be allowed to allow this!  
Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games