Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
[ prp ] sometimes you wanna go / where everybody knows Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:30 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[ Tavern Locations ] - You are free to RP these locations HERE or in a PRP. Make sure in an ORP if you are rping one of these locations to at the top of your post post what location your character is at so other people know. The Tavern will be open for orps and PRPS for the entire duration of the event.

TAVERN BAR

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Tavern Bar ]:
- As you walk in, beyond the thousands, yet hundreds of tables, there is a bar. A walrus is serving drinks, and he looks pretty busy. You can order from the drink menu behind him; currency is in a memory.

That means you have to offer any memory to him in order to get a drink. How this works OOCly is your character has to write a small rp passage about a past memory they have had related to the drink they want just in a post, in spoilers is fine. This memory ICly turns into a small token when they relive it in that post, like a memory flashback. Just hand it to the bartender. You will not lose this memory, you just need to invoke the memory in order to buy a drink for a memory token. It can be ANY memory; from a past event or even from this one.
- Warning : You CAN get tipsy from drinking too much mead. Your vision will blur and it will be hard to hear anything and also you might make slightly brash actions. Mead cooldown time between overly tipsy is 5 IC minutes.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [LIST OF DRINKS: ]

1. Frothy Mead - A dark, foaming substance that soothes your soul. Requires one ANGRY memory

2. Dark Mead - A foaming substance made entirely out of dark matter. You can see stars forever. Requires one FRIGHTFUL memory.

3. Light Mead - A foaming substance that seems to be made of rainbows, sunshine and bubbles. Requires one JOYFUL memory.

4. Invisible Mead - What do you mean it's not there? Requires one SECRET memory.

5. Heavy Mead - Careful - this will make you real tipsy. Drinking too much will also make you lose your balance! Requires one UNFORGETTABLE memory.

TAVERN BASEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [ Tavern Basement ]:
- There is a set of stairs that lead to the basement, a basement of dark and wretched villany. There are rooms upon rooms in the basement, some have strange things inside them, mushrooms and beds and beds with mushrooms and talking flowers, things like that. Some just have pizza. Pizza rooms.

Roll 1d10 and match it up to the room you discover. Feel free to RP as many as you want. If you have rolled 1d10 and done three of these, you may pick and choose the rest.

1. A Holiday Room: Everything about this room is bright and cheerful, and a layer of snow covers the floor. The walls are made of gingerbread, and there are gumdrops and candycanes everywhere. Everything in this room is edible

2. A Haunted Room: Large stone crags and sheer cliffs stick out all directions. It looks strange, and almost familiar for some. From the cracks in the cliffs blue fire streams out and you could swear you hear a voice, and thick footsteps behind you, the sound of fighting. You turn around, but there's nothing. This room is empty, other than you.

3. A Castle Room: This room looks exactly like a giant castle, but with more solid walls. Inside it are very long hallways containing rooms with only desks and chairs - how boring. You keep on walking further and further and it is rooms and rooms of the same until you reach the end. The door is locked. Nothing will open it but you hear screams coming from inside.

4. A Pizza Room. It is a room with a nice big round table and about eight chairs. Why there is eight not seven we will never know. In the distance a jukebox plays, and on the table there is pizza. So much pizza.

5. A Piano Room. You are in some sort of hotel, and it is large, beautiful and lavish. There isn't much in the lobby, but there is an elevator. You can't help but take the elevator to the very top - which is really odd to have in a room really! The elevator goes up and up and up and up until it finally stops. You find yourself very, very high up. You can see buildings below you, and it is dark and raining. As you turn around, you suddenly feel shadowy hands tip you forward - you fall and fall and fall and are kicked out of the room.

6. An Inverted Room. Everything about this room is upside down. The stairs go upside down, seeming forever, down down down down, and you hear voices. A thick fog starts to gather up and grab at your feet and at the very bottom you see a cage. A figure is inside the cage and it reaches towards you with tendriled hands and says set me free. It doesn't feel safe: if you reach closer it tries to tear and claw at you without comprehension. You can't help but flee this room when you have stayed too long.

7. A Lost Room: This room is actually split into four rooms. Each room contains a different theme...

The first room is made entirely out of an asian theme, the floor surfaced in water, with little wooden walkways and bridges. The room seems a lot bigger than it should be, and in the center is a veranda. There is tea on the table on the veranda.

The second room has a desert theme covered sand. A large cave juts out and as you walk in you reach the inside of what seems like a very cluttered arrangement. Alchemic bottles and books hang off haphazardly in shelves. You can't really read much of it, it's mostly gibberish, but everything looks touchable. On a table they seem to be serving your favourite - dead insects as food.

The third room is covered entirely in tall trees. You see a ladder on one of the biggest trees and climb up up up until you reach a treehouse. On the top of the treehouse, or inside it, is a nice fireplace and a warm table serving raw meats. It doesn't hurt to try...

The fourth room is dark, and a molten lava fountain dribbles from one corner. It looks like an ancient temple, and you can't help but feel quiet, more reserved. You walk through the temple and see statues, of unfamiliar faces. At the end is a single table serving only pomegranates.

8. A Park Room: The room itself is bright and cheerful, full of grass. It is a sunny day, and the walls seem to be missing. Instead of walls there are hundreds and hundreds of little enclosures. Each one is empty. You can hear the echos of what sound like cries and screams, but the area is empty, there is nothing in the enclosures, and there are definitely not any visitors around, not any more.

9. A Kings Room: The room contains a single throne area, a long carpeted hallway leading to a golden throne. On the throne is a crown, and you can't help but be drawn to it. Anyone nearby you feel like fighting, contesting for the crown. There is only one true king and it is you. The effect of greed can only be removed if someone physically tears the crown away from you. The crown cannot however, leave the room, once you try to do so, the effect leaves as well.

10. A Lake Room: The area is a large cave, and inside it is an equally large lake. Blue flowers blossom on either side. Voices seem to whisper from inside the water, the water is warm and comforting, soothing, and the longer you stay, the less you want to leave. Perhaps it is best to stay here forever...

The Mailbox

The mailbox is simply a mailbox that is outside the Tavern. Around the mailbox are nice talking flowers that will tell you extremely unhelpful directions such as "left" "right" "no, left then right", when you ask them anything. Inside the mailbox is mail, but it most definitely is not for you because the envelopes all say "Not For You". You can dance on top of the mailbox if you want.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:42 am
Having continually gotten turned around to the point where she couldn't even see the tavern in the distance, Phoenix turned a corner around some shrubbery only to find it right before her. "That's right, ********, who's lost now? Not this this badass." Maybe that shitty smile was around to hear her, things didn't have a body so it could be lurking just about anywhere, really.

Flinging the door open, she strode to the bar, coat flaring impressively and was that music in the background? Noting that the bartender was a walrus, she began an argument with Stryker yet again about the possibility that this was the prized sexy pirate dream or something else entirely. With that theme in mind, she offered up the creature a memory of gold ringlets against green grass and soft feminine giggles. The Gryphon received a blush and a large mug of light mead for her efforts.

With a wink, Phoenix made her way to a set of empty tables and sat down with her back to the wood, resting her elbows against the table surface while kicking up a leg to rest on the bench of another nearby table. This was only partially to take up two tables for herself or look importantly sprawled and comfortable to all comers. The rest of her motive being, of course, to admire her awesome ******** boots.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:52 am
Some evidence to support the theory of pirate at least (the other half was debatable) materialized with a swirl of fur cloak that suggested he ought to have been accompanied by a whirl of snow, instead of the hazy curl of blue smoke that trailed him in instead.

He'd seen the flash of copper hair and it hadn't been that he'd followed it, exactly, so much as that he'd decided that if he was going to be lost he could do worse than trying to follow someone. And it hadn't worked--he'd lost it and her--but he'd apparently managed to pin it down anyway, quite by mistake.

His instinct, naturally, was to divert his eyes, to make himself as un-obvious as possible, to hide and cringe. But he wasn't himself here, and there was no reason, he reminded himself, that he ought to do those things.

He'd long since lost the ability to swagger. This ended up working to his advantage, as the feline slink he subsided into instead was considerably more at home around his body, even with the spiked pauldrons.

He approached the bar, and resisted the urge to ask where the carpenter was, and instead procured a token by means of summoning up, rather against his will, a memory of an empty building and cobwebs and a teenage girl crouched in the ruin, fingerpainting something strikingly beautiful and informing him, without looking up, that he smelled like a dead possum stuck under a radiator. He'd never seen her before in his life; she did not even say hello.

He took a glass of something Sunny might have drawn clever labels for, and without hesitating (stifling his fear, clinging to his blessed anonymity) he sat down directly across from Phoenix, and pointed at her drink. "Trade? I didn't have the right kind of change."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 pm
Turning to the man, she shot him a wink and slid the drink over, grabbed his and took a deep pull. A moment later she was making a face that did not, sadly, lend much to the cool badass image she'd been trying for. "Jesus wept, what'd they put in this? Tell you what, this dream needs to step in line 'cause if it's the sexy pirate one, this should be rum, If it's just a weird don't-eat-before-bed one, I should at least get some fruity umbrella s**t."

She squinted at the name that floated above long, dark, and attractively scruffy. "That's not even a good name, why didn't I name you something better?"

OOC

My character's username: Phoenix
My character's level:
Character's HP: 30
Current party:
Current Guild:

Tall and curvy with a proud bearing, Phoenix strides about in red and black Gryphon armour like it was designed just to swirl dramatically about her and emphasize how freaking majestic she is. From the name, to the cockscomb of a faux hawk, to vivid orange-red eyes, Phoenix's appearance announces: I bring the fire.

Character journal: here

rejam

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:06 pm
He occupied himself while she prattled inanely by being unimpressed with her drink and discreetly swapping them back out as soon as he was able, apparently much happier with whatever it was he'd managed to secure on his own.

"I don't think you named me jack s**t, sweetheart, but thanks for the unsolicited feedback. I'll cherish it, since I can't do anything else with it given that I don't think there's any way to change it." He jabbed his finger in a vaguely over-his-head direction to demonstrate his meaning.

He settled back with his drink and he looked positively happy, in a subdued sort of way. "Walrus," he said. "Behind the bar. Oyster bar. Not an oyster bar, though, more's the ******** pity."

MY STATS

My character's username: The Waxwing Slain
My character's level: 3
Character's Job Class: Caterpillar
Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: Waxwing fits neatly into the "attractively weatherbeaten highwayman" archetype: rough brown hair falling a bit longer than his coarsely-stubbled jaw, a rakish scar across one brow, a lean and wiry build,and a general bearing of ne'er-do-well garnished with an unimpressed, "been there, done that" stare from dark, deep-set eyes. A pair of dark stag's antlers finish the carefully-constructed suggestion of a barely-tamed animal.

Whose face was very like a crow,
With eyes, like cinders, all aglow,
Who seemed distracted with his woe--

Character journal: XXX

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:06 pm
The same music swelled as a new player came through the door in a flashy show of white on white on white. The towering top hat was cocked to the side over the flowing white blonde braid and ... well he was Legolas. He looked like someone literally ripped the face out of a fan magazine. From the pointed ears to the sparkling blue eyes and fair skin. It was Legolas in all white.

And he'd discovered the playing card trick that his class apparently was adept with. The hatter strode in with as much flash as he could manage, his hands deftly shuffling until a momentary glitch-pause had them spraying out of his hands and all over the tavern floor. Several of the NPC patrons, those without fun little status bars, gave him amused looks before going about their business.

"Whoah man.. whats up!?" This was directed the sweet a** Walrus barkeep who was offered a horrific memory of a corpse controlled by bugs. Walrusman looked upset, handing over the dark mead and shaking his head.

Legolas scanned the room for other usernames and spotted two at a table.

"Yo!" He lifted his cup, and beelined for them. Hopefully this dude wasn't trying to hit on that chick because Legolas wanted important info about partying up and whatnot.

"Party up or something?" He pointed to the clothes, indicating all their different jobs.

MY STATS

My character's username: TheRealLegolas
My character's level: 2
Character's HP: 30/30
Character's Job Class: Mad Hatter
Current party: --
Current Guild: --
Small IC description of character: He looks like Legolas... with a braid in all white Mad Hatter clothes.
Character journal: Here

rejam

lizbot

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 pm
"I'm just gonna go with Slain, because that just killed any hope that this was a sexy dream," Phoenix gave him a look of profound sorrow and returned to the lighter drink. The new arrival received a welcoming a grin, though it wilted slightly at the name. "My god, I'm being surrounded by nerds, aren't I?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm
"Oysters," said the newly-christened Slain, "are an aphrodisiac."

That didn't seem right. That didn't seem right at all. He gazed in confusion at Phoenix, and then at the newcomer, and then at his mead, the last somewhat suspiciously. Maybe he shouldn't drink anything that didn't have a little "drink me" label attached to it.

"At least I had the decency," he informed, not Phoenix, but Legolas, "to make a literary reference that was obscure. And classy. I mean not that I have any objections to Tolkien in... in theory..." he eyed the mead again, with more suspicion, and took another long pull because might as well confirm the hypothesis.

MY STATS

My character's username: The Waxwing Slain
My character's level: 3
Character's Job Class: Caterpillar
Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: Waxwing fits neatly into the "attractively weatherbeaten highwayman" archetype: rough brown hair falling a bit longer than his coarsely-stubbled jaw, a rakish scar across one brow, a lean and wiry build,and a general bearing of ne'er-do-well garnished with an unimpressed, "been there, done that" stare from dark, deep-set eyes. A pair of dark stag's antlers finish the carefully-constructed suggestion of a barely-tamed animal.

Whose face was very like a crow,
With eyes, like cinders, all aglow,
Who seemed distracted with his woe--

Character journal: XXX

ANY PERSON I AM RPING WITH I WILL QUOTE LIKE THIS

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:21 pm

There was a lot of walking in this world Divinity mused, and he was never one for exercise. Fatigue fortunately did not seem to wear quite as heavily in this world either, be it dream or game. Unfortunately most of the other laws of nature also appeared to be only haphazardly applied, and for someone as reliant on them as he was to get his bearings on the individuals around him and the social structures they inhabited it was borderline distressing.

Perhaps just a shot of alcohol would aid him in coping with the complete dissolution of his bearings.

He almost never found himself thinking that Butch would be an asset to have, but right now, awash in chaos he realised the weapon would be ideal to aid him in finding his direction.

Dissonant to this internal turmoil Divinity outwardly walked with an easy swagger, tail kicking at his heels as he all but radiated confidence and contentment. Everything about him radiated lawful good, all burnished gold, light silken hair about his shoulders and pale unblemished skin. He was the very picture of feline poise and smugness as he took in the bar's other inhabitants and decided to beeline in their direction, his stripes fading to pure white as he nodded his head in the universal gesture of "sup".

"Hey there fellow travellers." he said with a genuine, gentle smile and a rustle of neat wings. His voice was expressive and soft with an actually convincing American accent for a change. "Anyone else here as confused as I am?" He ran a dainty hand through his hair bashfully. "I'm er. A little bit lost. New to this."

<>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My character's username: Divinity
Small IC description of character: Tall, extremely pale and slender with delicate features, long slender wings and light clothing.
Character journal: [x]

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:26 pm
"Oooohhh.." Legolas waved his hands around after taking a deep drink of his cup. "We're soooo ******** deep. With our obscure literary references.." Definite mocking tone. "Yet still making our avatar try to look like one of those rugged Night's Watch guys from Game of thrones.." He stuck out his tongue. "Not above trying to look like a cool guy I guess?"

He dropped himself at the table next to them, apart but not far. There was a bit of a sulk. "Didn't realize this was one of those elitist games. You gonna start telling me how 'it's ok but not as great as WoW?' As a dream this now sucks... as a game... pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft."

Very eloquent.

"Just.." mumble "fun.." mumble. "quests."

And then a beaming presence joined them and Legolas sat up. "Nice wings! I have room at my table!"

lizbot

rejam

baneful

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:32 pm
"Yeah, well so is your snooty little attitude, mister, but the walrus ruins everything," Phoenix sniffed and finished off her drink as Slain and Legolas proceeded to be even nerdier. The tall, not from a movie, blonde that arrived next received a grateful smile, and a hopeful, "Hey there pretty, you aren't gonna be big geek at me, are you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 pm

The elven looking chap got a curious look, though they smile didn't fade, instead it got broader like he couldn't help but let his amusement at the other man's inebriation shine through. "Thanks." he said, seating himself at the table, with accidental clumsiness as he tried to wrangle his many limbs, finally figuring out a posture which let him fold his wings up and curl his tail around.

He gave Phoenix a brief, curious look, but there was nothing suspicious about it.

The last time he'd seen a phoenix. A redhead. Confident. He liked this woman already.

"Hahah. Nah. I'm not a geek, least I don't think so. Wouldn't know half that stuff if it hit me. I can't even remember the last book I read. I'm usually outside keeping healthy in fresh air, this erm. Game? Thing is kind of weird."

<>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My character's username: Divinity
Small IC description of character: Tall, extremely pale and slender with delicate features, long slender wings and light clothing.
Character journal: [x]

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 pm
"Nothing wrong with nerds.. " He huffed. Legolas was finding himself reverting to the internet addicted teen he'd been before his life on Deus. Or perhaps this was his 'game' persona. Either way he was getting slightly frustrated by the 'too cool' attitudes. "I'm usually outside too but no reason not to play if you've got no choice but to be in the game."

He drained his cup and seemed to space out momentarily.

STARS. FOREVER.

"How's your drink?" He said wide eyed, head getting propped on his hand, as he looked at Phoenix.

baneful

lizbot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 pm
Her smile widened then grew confused at Divinity's answer and then again at Legolas's repeated mention of the game. Scrunching up her nose, Phoenix asked, "Wait so this is really a game? Is it, I dunno, like that freaky New Year's dream type deal? Are you real, like forreals real? Oh my god, do I know you?"

Dropping her feet, the gryphon sat up straight and then wobbled, a bright flush hitting her cheeks. "Oh dang, the drink isn't bad, but daaaang, it hits ya!"  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:04 pm

"Yeah there's nothing wrong with nerds. They are like, just special I think. Not everyone can have a social life and play sports." He obviously didn't believe Legolas' assertion that he went outside one bit. "I'm sure knowing lots of useless things is really helpful in real life situations."

As Phoenix moved in surprise, the blonde cat all but flinched, flighty and a little nervous. "Seems like its real." he said in a placatory manner. "I mean think anyway. It ain't like any of my usual dreams, that's for sure." He was tempted to go get a drink himself, but that would mean disentangling himself from the seat he'd managed to manoeuvre himself into. He put it off for the time being. "I don't think I know you? I'm Nils. I'm a hunter?"

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff