Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Gaia Spirit Week Guild!

Back to Guilds

Hang out with your friends and stay updated on all the news of Spirit Week AT THE SAME TIME! What a deal! ;D 

Tags: spirit week, user event, classes, hangout 

Reply The Official Gaia Spirit Week Guild!
Winter Event Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What week do you think would be best to hold the event?
  December 1st - 7th
  December 8th - 14th
  December 15th - 21st
  December 22nd - 28th
  December 29th - January 4th
  Other (Please reply with your suggestion)
View Results

I r Spirit Week
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:14 pm
Hey, everyone! In case you've been missing us something awful, we've had an idea floating around.

As some of you may know, we had hosted a winter event after our first Gaia Spirit Week event. If you didn't know, or are new to our events, that's okay, because you may just get another chance to participate in one! c:

The GSW mods have been thinking about doing another "Winter Break" event, but we'd like a bit of input from all of you. We know that December can be pretty busy for all of us, with the holidays, finals, and other things popping up around every corner, so we want to know your thoughts. Please, vote in the poll, and if you'd be so kind, reply in here with your answers to our little questionnaire.

Quote:
1. Would you participate in a winter event hosted by us (GSW Staff)?
2. What sort of contests would you like to see or that you would participate in?
3. What do you think would be acceptable prizes for the contests you listed?
4. Would you participate in a winter event if there were teams involved? (Example; GSW has 'teams' based on what year users join)
5. If there was a team event, what do you think the teams could be divided into. (Like Team Jack vs Team Easter Bunny, but preferably winter themed, and more preferably not specific to one of the holidays)
6. If the GSW staff were to make a winter event, how long do you think it should be open?

A few things to add; the event is planned to be in December. The thread for the event will be open for the whole month, but we might have contests sprinkled around during the weeks. Lastly, this will not be replacing GSW. This will be a separate event, which is hosted by the GSW mods.

Edit: Another note; if we do teams for this event, they will not be based on year joined.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 pm
Hi hi, GSW pals! Hope everybody has been having a good autumn. c:

1. Yeah!
2. No contest ideas here, apologies.
3. (See above)
4. Yes. Teams are always fun.
5. I dunno here either. Cocoa vs Cider? St. Nick vs Krampus? ...Flakes vs Balls?? sweatdrop
6. Thread open for most of December, with one week of preplanned contests and stuff sounds good?  

starkaat

A Pal

GLJordan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 am

to the best of my abilities but real life is being difficult

2. What sort of contests would you like to see or that you would participate in?

not sure but not random number and some of the other stuff some of my other guilds are doing to be honest they seems spamish

not sure but I have some previous winter event stuff I can give if you want them nothing great however

4. Would you participate in a winter event if there were teams involved? (Example; GSW has 'teams' based on what year users join)

don't know kinda burned out on all these holiday vs events

5. If there was a team event, what do you think the teams could be divided into. (Like Team Jack vs Team Easter Bunny, but preferably winter themed, and more preferably not specific to one of the holidays)

have to get back to you

6. If the GSW staff were to make a winter event, how long do you think it should be open?

at least December with maybe the focus on December 8th - 21st but keep in mind whatever gaia will be doing with also be active for some of that  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:09 am
Definitely!

Avatar, home, aquarium, or screenies!

Anything - even just posting the winners would be cool

Sure, though I don't think it's necessary

How about snow vs. sun? (because so many users are from tropical climates or the southern hemisphere and so are not experiencing snow in December)

A week is good smile

Thank you guys!

catspook

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Mrs_S_Snape

Playful Wench

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:31 am
1. Would you participate in a winter event hosted by us (GSW Staff)? Yes! ^^

2. What sort of contests would you like to see or that you would participate in? Tektek contests are always good and easy (you can always make people use restrictions like under this amount of gold, or you have to use a particular item). Um, something with writing sometimes people enjoy (Like poems, or rewrite your favorite christmas carol).

3. What do you think would be acceptable prizes for the contests you listed? Winter-ish items? I think there a decent amount. Gold is always acceptable. Maybe items that fit the event.

4. Would you participate in a winter event if there were teams involved?(Example; GSW has 'teams' based on what year users join) Yep. ^^

5. If there was a team event, what do you think the teams could be divided into. (Like Team Jack vs Team Easter Bunny, but preferably winter themed, and more preferably not specific to one of the holidays) Would Heat Miser vs. Snow Miser from Rankin/Bass's The Year Without a Santa Claus work?

6. If the GSW staff were to make a winter event, how long do you think it should be open? Several weeks at least. I know a lot people have exams before Christmas and there will be people traveling. So maybe like 3?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:58 pm
Yes
I guess anything holiday themed would be a good start. Like maybe a tektek contest, under some categories (like the "twelve days of christmas" or other things like that).
Uhh....either something holiday themed or a cheap wishlist item (or any item from a set range of gold).
If it's based on years, no. It would be unfair for some groups (like 08 or the more recent years that barely have anyone in the guild)
Maybe something like Jack frost versus Father Winter or something. Or it could also be something having to do with the nut cracker also (like the mouse king vs faeries/magical creatures or something). redface If this is super dumb, please ignore everything I said. sweatdrop
I guess a week, just so more people have the chance to participate for at least a day.  

CynHimawari2828

Stellar Moonwalker

27,550 Points
  • I Voted! 25
  • Galactic Domination 200

SheThoughtSheDid
Vice Captain

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:17 pm
CynHimawari2828

If it's based on years, no. It would be unfair for some groups (like 08 or the more recent years that barely have anyone in the guild)

i just want to exemplify that we definitely don't want to do the teams year-based; this is both for the unfair level of participants, and we want to separate the event from GSW (also, it's a lot more to keep track of)

if people want to do screens and such with their year classes that's fine, but when we create the front page of the thread there's going to be no mention of class hangouts, where to find what your class is, anything about page-claiming (by years, maybe you can claim pages by your team instead?), etc

this is the same reason we're avoiding Towns (like Durem, Aekea, etc); because there's already an overwhelming Durem fanbase

what i'm really looking for is team names/mascots/whatever that are equally appealing, so that we don't have to force some kind of sign-up thing just to make sure it's equal or close to equal chances of winning  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 pm
1. Would you participate in a winter event hosted by us (GSW Staff)? Most definitely!
any sort would be fun imagination run amok.
I'm not fussy holiday themed is nice though.
4. Would you participate in a winter event if there were teams involved?
(Example; GSW has 'teams' based on what year users join)
yes i would

How about something like Team Jack Frost and Team Heat Miser
All of December to New Years day  

kimberly michaels

Devoted Lover

11,525 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Generous 100

SilverDolphin

Magical Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:59 pm
I miss y'all.

1. Would you participate in a winter event hosted by us (GSW Staff)? You know it.
2. What sort of contests would you like to see or that you would participate in? Anything you guys come up with, really. I'm more interested in just hanging out with a festive mood, y'know?
3. What do you think would be acceptable prizes for the contests you listed? I guess moderately priced, popular-ish items would motivate people? I would say like, 50k+ worth.
4. Would you participate in a winter event if there were teams involved? I don't think I would be into the team competitiveness, but then again it really depends on how enthusiastic everyone else is.
5. If there was a team event, what do you think the teams could be divided into. Uhh, all I can think of is different food teams. Like turkey vs. ham. LOL. I'm sure you guys can think of better things than that.
6. If the GSW staff were to make a winter event, how long do you think it should be open? The whole month! I'm pretty much free during and after the week of the 15th.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:02 pm
Yes! Sign me up!
Avatar contests? I don't know really
Gold, MCs, Maybe art?
Yes, but maybe not by years, but by random number generator?
Snowmen vs. Space Heaters
All December!  

Snailchemy

Wily Magician

True_Loves1stKiss

Eternal Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:57 pm
1. Would you participate in a winter event hosted by us (GSW Staff)? I would if the event fits.

Ive had an idea for a while but I would like to see a contest where we would make a Vine video showing our Christmas spirit and to prove its the person who created it they would post a pic next to their vine link that has them holding a sign with their name and gaia ID on it. See who gets the most creative.

As always GOLD is nice, but you can also do like $5, $10 gift cards.. or gaia exclusive items..

4. Would you participate in a winter event if there were teams involved? Sure (Example; GSW has 'teams' based on what year users join)

5. If there was a team event, what do you think the teams could be divided into. (Like Team Jack vs Team Easter Bunny, but preferably winter themed, and more preferably not specific to one of the holidays) HA Like Jack Snow VS Santa

6. If the GSW staff were to make a winter event, how long do you think it should be open? I think it should be open for 10 days (Get it, 10days before Christmas!)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:05 pm
True_Loves1stKiss

Ive had an idea for a while but I would like to see a contest where we would make a Vine video showing our Christmas spirit and to prove its the person who created it they would post a pic next to their vine link that has them holding a sign with their name and gaia ID on it. See who gets the most creative.

omg i really like this idea  

SheThoughtSheDid
Vice Captain

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

GLJordan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:48 pm
SheThoughtSheDid
CynHimawari2828

i just want to exemplify that we definitely don't want to do the teams year-based; this is both for the unfair level of participants, and we want to separate the event from GSW (also, it's a lot more to keep track of)

if people want to do screens and such with their year classes that's fine, but when we create the front page of the thread there's going to be no mention of class hangouts, where to find what your class is, anything about page-claiming (by years, maybe you can claim pages by your team instead?), etc

this is the same reason we're avoiding Towns (like Durem, Aekea, etc); because there's already an overwhelming Durem fanbase

what i'm really looking for is team names/mascots/whatever that are equally appealing, so that we don't have to force some kind of sign-up thing just to make sure it's equal or close to equal chances of winning

a Pokémon guild I am in just used two ice pokemon for the teams (snover and beartic I think then one poster had articuno and regice as commenters)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:29 am
Of Course <3 I love you guys.
I woudn't care if there were none at all but if it were just us all hanging out in forums and one of the flash spaces.
As I listed no contest this is void for me
Sure. That seems like fun. I mean we all know each other well enough not suck the fun out
Santa Vs Cow Santa we could be teams of cows vs teams of elves <3
Depends. A week or two  

Izzy Derp

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Ecstasea

Romantic Scarface

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 am
Absolutely. One of the reasons I still have an account is GSW. ^^
Avatar contests are my favorite, but I'd attend the event mostly for the social aspects. Secret Santa would be fun.
Art, perhaps? I don't really have an opinion here,
Of course.
The 12 Days of Christmas? As for something more secular... I'm drawing a blank. :[
At least a week!

The Official Gaia Spirit Week Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces