Welcome to Gaia! ::

In The Beginning... (A Roleplaying Guild)

Back to Guilds

A community for roleplayers and a vast variety of stories. 

Tags: roleplaying, rping, action, romance, literate 

Reply Chapter Three (Literate to Literate Plus Roleplays)
[O! FMDAR] Sealed Beasts: Tales of the Half-Stone Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XSenkoX
Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:55 am
User Image

The legend of the gemstone beasts is one tale that has reached immortality over the course of the past several thousand years as it has been recounted in nearly every language across the globe. It has two parts, the original lore from when humans were top of the food chain and thought themselves the only intelligent creatures on the planet and the legend of several centuries later where humanity had fallen to the bottom and were forced to scrape by against the terrifying creatures that had arisen in the aftermath of the First Incident. These legends were scribed into two books; the Seran’ati Lor, which tells how hubris will cause the fall of even the greatest societies; and the second book, the Seran’ati telLor, tells how the only way that society dragged itself out of a very dark age before and during the Second Incident was through the cooperation of Men and Beasts that saved them both from utter ruination.

Since these Incidents, Man and Beast have, for the most part, drawn together in an attempt to raise each other from the squalor of the ruined world. A few enclaves of isolationists on both sides still strive to break the bonds that the forward-thinkers have forged in a run for ‘Purity’, but these groups are often small and disorganized. In the brunt of modern society, the line between what is human and what is beast may not have been blurred so much as reshaped to form a beautiful mosaic.

Mostly, there is peace in the world, but a storm brews on the distant horizon and a few have begun to notice the signs of encroaching danger. Animals flee their ancestral homes and strange whispers on the night breezes suggest danger--even in places thought sacred. Something much larger than the petty squabbles of mortals has taken an interest in the power of the Gemstones and is coming to claim them.

From their slumber of four millennia, the Gemstones are stirring to greet the new danger that will threaten their carriers. These Carriers, human and beast alike, will soon find strange power stirring in their veins and the call to find their other half will echo in their minds. As the time of peace draws to a close, these unwitting participants in a battle that could never have been predicted will be thrown into the midst of the greatest struggle of their lives.

OOC,Profile Thread

Intro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | loгe | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 am
User Image

I reserve the right to add or remove rules as I see fit
            • This forum is subject to the guild's rules first, then my own.
            • I will post an announcement when new rules go into effect.

*Contentxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  As always, be sure to follow the Gaia Terms of Service when posting in this thread. While romance, violence, and language are both expected and encouraged in this roleplay, be sure to keep it within the limits of this site's regulations. For example, be sure to use a time skip if you intend for your characters to have sex. As for language, be sure not to overdo it, and only use in terms of how your character thinks and behaves.

*Literacyxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  As far as literacy goes, have a firm grasp of the english language. Proper spelling and grammar are very much appreciated, and it helps if you proofread your post before submitting it. As far as post length is concerned, I would appreciate a minimum of two paragraphs per post, but I'm really looking for three or four as an average. One line posts will never be acceptable in this thread.

*Activityxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  This is meant to be a long-term roleplay, so please don't join if you won't be able to commit. If you don't believe you have time to be active on this, then don't join. If I believe that you have been inactive for too long, I will send you a friendly warning before your character is removed. Feel free to let me know if things come up, or if you'll have to go away for a little while. I'm not unreasonable. If you find that you no longer have time for the roleplay, or wish to drop out, please let me know. If you have to leave, you have to leave. I don't think a little warning is too difficult of a task.

*Communicationxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Communication and planning are key to a successful roleplay. Feel free to chat it up in the OOC thread, to discuss any possible new plot twists. I am always open to suggestions, and I love being able to collaborate with my fellow writers. Let this be fun and try to post at least once in the OOC thread, so I know you are at least paying attention to the planning process. I will not tolerate fighting in the OOC thread. While fighting between characters is just fine, unrest between the players can very easily kill a roleplay, I've seen it before. I want us all to be friends and have a good time.

*Cooperationxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  Please try to cooperate with your fellow roleplayers. This means that you don't roleplay with yourself, you interact with people. Also, do not take control of any character aside from your own. Do not ignore people either, as this can lead to dropping out. We want this to be fun, and we do not want anyone to be left behind.

*Postingxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  There are a couple of things that I would like for players to keep in mind when they post. For one, please post your character's image and name every time you post. I personally like post formats, but I won't require you to go as all-out as I have a tendency to do. Also, avoid using post colours that are difficult for your fellow writers to read or fonts smaller than 9 or larger than 12. Secondly, write your posts in the third person, past-tense. It really screws with my head to have to read present-tense posts and that makes me testy.

*Miscxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  I'm no artist, so I won't pretend that most of the art used in this thread belongs to me. On the same note, things like the world map and any other maps you're likely to see used in this RP are indeed made by me and I will become incredibly unhappy if I find that they are being used elsewhere without my permission. I respect you enough not to steal your graphics, I would appreciate you doing the same for me.

ιnтro | Rules | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | loгe | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

XSenkoX
Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 am
User Image

[ch0] Prelude: The Whispers
    Voices murmur in the shifting fogs and bring pain.
    Their message, whatever it means, does not seem friendly.

ιnтro | rυleѕ | Story So Far... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | loгe | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 am
    User Image

Reserve Profile
              User Image•name
              •personality in 3 adjectives
              •skill
              •colour code
              •Username

With your reserve, please include a link or some form of example that shows me your usual posting habits.

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/Wachovia/100.jpg[/imgleft][size=11]•name
              •skill
              •colour code
              •Username[/size]

Main Profile
              The main profile should be written in first person perspective.
              Character Name
              Role
              User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
              "Personal Quote Here."

•"Something about your age."
                                •"Something about your eye and hair colour."
                                •"Something about your height and weight."
                                •"Something about the place where you're from."
                                •"Something about your role."
                                •"Something about the skill that you have or don't have."
                                •"Something interesting about yourself."
                                •"Something else interesting about yourself."

YourUsernameHere

[center][color=yourcolor][size=16]Character Name[/size]
              [size=12]Role[/size]
              [img]YourCharacterImageHere[/img]
              [size=9][b]"Personal Quote Here."[/b][/size][/center]
              [size=11][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]•"Something about your age."
              •"Something about your eye and hair colour."
              •"Something about your height and weight."
              •"Something about the place where you're from."
              •"Something about your role."
              •"Something about the skill that you have or don't have."
              •"Something interesting about yourself."
              •"Something else interesting about yourself."[/color][/size]
              [align=right][size=16]YourUsernameHere[/size]

ιnтro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | Skeleton | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | loгe | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:07 am
    User Image

αмєтнуѕт
                    User Image•name
                    •skill
                    •colour code
                    •Username

User Image
                    • Kurama
                    •Middle-Aged
                    • Ameythest Beast
                    • Impaitent, Proud, Self-reliant
                    • Crusader
                    Dark Orange
                    • Deaths Loving Embrace

тσραz
                    User Image• Carran
                    • 22 (when converted to human years)
                    • Topaz Beast
                    • Cautious, Practical, Irritable
                    • Fleet-Footed Traveler
                    #d7b45f
                    • stellar asterism

User Image•Anthartreoris
                    •Middle-Aged
                    •Topaz Beast
                    •Possessive, Violent, Proud
                    •Nature Shaman
                    DarkOliveGreen
                    •XSenkoX

∂ιαмσи∂
                    User Image• Ajali
                    • Diamond Half-Elf
                    • Aloof, Reticent, Transient
                    • Archery, Magic
                    Goldenrod
                    • Reservoir of Memory

User Image•Favore
                    •Elderly
                    •Diamond Beast
                    •Tired, Animalistic, Doubtful
                    •Royal Crusader
                    Purple
                    •Cinna101

ιnтro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | Characters | world мap | loгe | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:08 am
    User Image

Welcome to Roztrhané

User Image

01 - Fossgate
                Fossgate is a city on the sea protected from the wilds by stone walls broken up by large gates, the town taking its name from the main gate 'Foss', named after the founder of the city. It is a well-organized city, residential and business areas divided into quarters that are separated by the main roads, which become full of street vendors the closer one is to the port. Officials are elected from the nobles and the locals are incredibly friendly. The guardsmen, on the other hand, are strict and very intimidating and take about as well to strangers as water to oil. Seafarers are a major influence on Fossgate, and have brought with them a mix of fishing tips, various religions and agnosticism in equal parts. Also mixed about equally with the locals is a booming population of stray dogs.

02 - Cassadonia
                The bustling metropolis of Cassadonia is located in the middle- eastern region of Roztrhané, near the great lake Alboir. The city was built around three main roads, which help encourage their strong and growing economy. Surrounding the city are great walls made of stone and wood with many gates that allow quick and easy access for travellers, merchants and traders.

Cassadonia is a well-built city known for its elegant and up-beat fashion, along with their apothecaries; which are their main source of revenue. If one were to visit the lively city one would be drawn to the various beautiful sculptures scattered throughout, or the museums which hold the nation's history, precious artefacts and works of art.

Within Cassadonia, there are few guards due to the surprising fact that there is little crime in a city of that size. The city is run by one nominally elected official, but the biggest influence on the city is the long line of noble families that inhabit it. Many of the shops are owned by these noble families.

Besides the talkative and bold merchants, the rest of the city tends to keep to itself. They are used to seeing new people come and go in the town, so they don't see outsiders as anything else but a source of income. Cassadonia and its townsfolk are known for being very religious; because of this the city's corruption is less severe compared to others. The city celebrates and openly worships the Gods on a weekly basis.

03 – Loex sthyrssifisv Dead-man’s Rest
                More frequently called “Long-March Swamp” in Common, this dense bog is home to no fewer than eight carnivorous plants large enough to ensnare the unwary traveller and, quite possibly more dangerous than the plants and wild animals, a large tribe of Lizardfolk. Thoroughly against the mixing of man and beast, they rarely leave the swamp for peaceful purposes and are known to kill anyone trying to pass through their territory without question. Between the Lizardfolk and general inhospitality of the Long-March Swamp, most give it a wide berth.

04 – Oberjax’s Watch
                A strange trio of mountain peaks far from any of the other ranges, Oberjax’s Watch rises suddenly out of the plain and is visible for miles in any direction. It is rumoured that a dragon once made its home atop the Watch, but none have ever turned up evidence to support this claim.

05 – Shal Ter’Nok
                Located in the north-western corner of the map, Shal Ter’nok is a somewhat large city carved straight into the mountains that hem it in from the west and south. The city has no walls to speak of, its only defence being the sheer impossibility of an assault that the denizens couldn’t see coming long before any attackers could get into position. Should, by some fluke, an opposing military force fight their way inside, the lack of any sort of structure or organization to Shal Ter’nok’s narrow, often subterranean, streets and buildings would make attempting to raze important buildings near impossible.

For peaceful visitors, Shal Ter’nok is home to lavish temples that tower over the lower part of the city and beautiful hanging gardens that seem tom spill over nearly every rooftop. Many religious leaders begin their journey in Shal Ter’nok’s Grand Cathedral, and their devotion to the Gods has been remarked upon world-wide. Outside of the church, the residents of the mountainside city are grand craftsmen renowned for their glorious stonework; the craft is held in such esteem that Shal Ter’nok has managed to base their entire economy around the demand for their works. Admittedly, this is not always the most stable source of income, but they hold together through thick and thin.

It is important for outsiders to be very wary of the law, though, as guards are exceedingly strict and the locals view visitors in a very dim light. The Church rides a hard line on illegal activity and corruption, and rumours abound on the outside that law-breakers are sent to their deaths without trial. The Head Priest is elected by a collection of his or her peers, and has the final decision over all things in Shal Ter’nok. Assuming that the visitor has avoided being kicked out on sight or thrown into prison, it is recommended to look into the brews provided by the temples. Lacking a tavern, Shal Ter’nok’s temples brew their own alcohol.

A final note for the erstwhile traveller or merchant: Shal Ter’nok does not cater to non-humans. Their products will never grace the home or city of those that have shown themselves to be, or be associated with, Beasts. The Church preaches the evils of the various beast tribes and mixed cultures so strongly that there is no enclave of sympathy for non-humans residing within the city that has not faced persecution and banishment or death.

06 – Ashmoth Mountains/Volcano
                A small mountain range crowned by a very large and very active volcano. Ashmoth Volcano is almost always spewing clouds of ash, if not trails of lava. Because of the near-constant volcanic activity, this range is expanding at a rapid pace, though there have been few eruptions large enough to threaten the town of Bastion. The Ashmoth Mountains are the only location where ashmoths can be found. Named for both their location and ash-grey colour, these moths are warm to the touch and are thought to have healing properties.

07 - Bastion
                Bastion is your average rural town with moderate views on life with beautiful lake-side scenery. It is surrounded by walls carved from nearby trees with only a few gates into and out of the town. It is famous for its stunning sunsets reflecting off the lake and it's literature. Bastion makes its money by trading furs from animals the locals hunt and catch, among some local jewellery. It brings in an average, but constant flow of money.. While there is very little crime in Bastion, the locals are somewhat shy to any strangers that arrive from the outside. Any sort of governing body is elected among the people, and their major influence is usually local politics. Because the governing body is elected by the people for the people, there is very little in the ways of corruption among the government and the guards, who with the lack of crime have gotten very bored lately. While there is a church, and some of the people do go to it, religion does not rule their lives. While wandering the streets of Bastion, one can generally smell what is cooking on the streets that will no doubt stir their appetites. The buildings in Bastion are usually made from wood, with a attic adorning them for various uses that differ among the residents.

08 - Baldalia
                In-between the two major landmasses, Baldalia is a small island town constructed on the ruins of a much older city. No walls surround its perimeter, allowing for easy access from the sea.

The city itself is notorious for its pirate trade. Illicit goods are shipped in and out from Baldalia, being their main form of commerce. No one dares interfere with their work, as one may find themselves without a finger or two in the morning. If you do find yourself in any trouble, your best choice would be to leave the city at once. The guards are all paid off by various pirating groups, leaving the average person with no safety.

The townsfolk are known to overcharge on everything, as the pirating leaves many of their businesses stagnant. The businesses aligned with the pirates put a high price on their products, solely due to the ‘exotic and foreign’ aspect of them. Crime is at an all-time high, varying from simple pick-pocketing to first degree murder. The economy is based on the sheer amount of piracy, leaving other options simply unviable. The majority of the ‘official’ goods brought in and out consist of various textiles and dyes. Due to the nature of its economy, anyone could guess that it is very unstable.

Baldalia, on paper, is ruled by the military. But they work together so much with the pirates that some consider them to be the true ‘government’. The city is well known for its flotilla strength, the gigantic fleet always circling the boundaries. Religion plays a very minor role, if not none, in the state of Baldalia.

The streets are in terrible condition, with roadblocks, intentional or not, barring many paths throughout Baldalia. In the best case scenario, a building still has most of its walls, but some aren’t so lucky.

09 - Dracwynne
                A small, cold town along the northern shores, Dracwynne doesn't see much snow, but it does get blistering winds (called the Dragon Winds) in the winter months, which tend to stretch out far longer than on the rest of the continent. This is an ancient town, though, and in spite of its hardships, has beautiful acrhitecture that is as old as the first foundations themselves. If a visitor can find Dracwynne's tavern, they will be treated to musicians renowned the world-over for their talents. A small group of animals tamers also make their homes in Dracwynne, training a rare breed of Coral Surf Divers, a type of hunting bird that is trained to catch fish in the icy waters just as well as it can catch rabbits out on the plains.

10 – Narlath Hills
                A bit of a misnomer, the Narlath Hills are truly an underground series of tunnels and caverns. Originally intended to be temporary residences for those planning to try and cross the Long-March Swamp rather than hire a ship around, the hills were infested with bandits shortly after the lizardfolk annihilated the first few travelling parties. So long as the bandits and thieves respect the swamp’s boundaries, they are safe from the lizards and have and have a place to hide. The entrances to the underground caverns are nearly impossible for those without the knowledge of them to locate; another assurance that the less-savoury elements will remain safe.

11 - Shadowcrest
                A massive city with equally massive walls and well-defended gates, Shadowcrest is a dark city with a terrifying guard presence and locals that are so hostile to outsiders that it makes visiting nearly impossible. Anyone from outside must be vetted before entrance is allowed, and gods forbid you sneak in and they catch you. Known for its magic, the entire city is ruled by one mage elected from his peers by his peers, and nearly everyone in the city has magic of some variety. The magic is so ingrained into Shadowcrest that the streets and buildings have runes carved into them, with purposes ranging from keeping valuables on the property to binding elemental spirits to sections of the wall.

12 - Greenmist
                A dying town named for the poisonous vapors that drift out of the Long March Swamp and are kept in the city my the small mountain range to the east. Anyone foolish enough to stay in Greenmist tries to survive as a farmer, but harvests are poor and the crops are just as tainted by the swamp as the air. Greenmist is also know for its 'wild parties'.

13 - Merrimead
                Technically not part of Roztrhané at all, Merrimead is in fact part of Atlinor, but mountains seperating it from the rest of the country have encouraged trade with Fossgate and a stronger association with Roztrhané than its own country. The city is one big party nearly every day of the year, with festivals to every god under the sun (and several above it), to traveling mages and a sprawling market that doesn't stop once the sun goes down. The guards are known to enjoy pasteries and the locals are welcoming and cheerful. Streets are wide and what space isn't covered in a merchant stall is home to a craftsman of some variety. Many wonderful and famous weapons have come from craft houses in Merrimead.

14 - Goldhollow
                Home to a band of Beast isolationists, Goldhollow is nestled on the edge of the very magical Lo'rulthan, or Golden Forest in Common. Like the forest itself, Goldhollow is perpetually lit with a golden glow that no one has yet been able to find a source for. Unnatural occurencces are commonplace within several miles of the forest, which makes Goldhollow's being situated right against it an excercise in dealing with the abnormal. Guards have a tendency to vanish into the forest, which would be an issue if the forest didn't seem determined to protect the town of its own accord. Outsiders are welcomed cautiously, so long as they are not humans, and the locals are more than eager to see your back no matter the race. Goldhollow takes advantage of Lo'rulthan's orchard-like qualities and harvest the apples and other fruit as a means of sustinence as well as hunting the wildlife. Frequently, these sources of food bestow strange powers on the villagers.

15 – Morea Grove
                A small grove of perhaps fifteen trees sprouting up in the middle of the plain, their height suggests that they are several hundred years old, at the least. Strangely enough, they are all varying shades of purple and there are only ever fifteen of them in the grove at a time. Oftentimes, there is a dense mist enshrouding the grove, but it is always absent on nights when the three moons are in their various stages of waxing.

16 - Millhold
                Situated on the northeast coast at the northern end of the Golden Forest where the magic is not as strong, Millhold is a small milling town that makes use of its druidic roots to see what trees the forest is willing to part with to create majestic gold-hued lumber. Millhold is, strangely, where people lost in the Golden Forest always walk out, and as such the locals are always happy to see an outsider and get them started back home.

ιnтro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | World Map | loгe | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:11 am
    User Image

gσ∂ѕ αи∂ ∂єιтιєѕ

Oriyu'ula, The Mother Wolf
                Near the pinnacle of Beast gods, Oriyu'ula is viewed as a deity of motherhood and family. Compassionate to loved ones yet ruthless to enemies, she is dualized as nurturer and protector. In legends past she often intervened in the lives of mortals, punishing the wicked and blessing the benevolent.

Tanna, The Spider
                A deity of the arts, weaving and tailoring in particular. She is quite literally a spider, and she is known to be fickle and offended easily. Any insult to her or her work is a near guarantee of a curse, usually to cause sickness or deformity.

Yayeli, the Tree Daughter
                The legends speak of a human child who loved the trees more than anything, one who dwelt within The Grove when it was a true forest. When it was ravaged, she offered her life to the Gods to save the last trees before they were destroyed. The gods granted her wish, and when roots drank of her blood they turned a ghostly purple shade. So heartbroken was Oriyu'ula to witness such tragic devotion that she bound the girl's spirit the The Grove so she could forever protect it as its guardian and benefactor.

A festival is thrown in honour of this legend, and there are folk dances which stem from it as well.

Tal'kranuk, the Imp
                An impish creature, not truly a God yet immortal and powerful, Tal'kranuk is the keeper of Lo'ruthan. A lover of rarities and all that glitters, Tal'kranuk decorates his domain with gold and other precious metals and stones. His myth tells of him grinding gold to powder for his paints, and the dust leftover is what gives the woods its glow. He has been known to 'steal' trinkets and treasures he covets and keeps them all in his cave.

Villagers often offer gold/gems in hopes of gaining Tal'kranuk's favour by leave small shrines in his woods. Once he stole a golden tapestry made from Tanna's magic loom, and for that offence she cursed him, taking away his Godhood and locking him within his forest.

Na'tanu and Daka'ral
                Husband and wife, the raven and the dove. Originally Beast deities of marriage and unity, they separated over their differing opinions on Beast-Human relations. Daka the Dove opposed peace while her husband supported it. Na'tanu is known to bless relations between man and beast, while Daka'ral curses them. Black feathers are often used in marriage ceremonies between Man and Beast.

Ban'del'ul
                A creature of nightmarish origins that is supposed to have granted the first of the Beasts their intelligence to compete with the humans and other races of Men. When this intelligence was not enough, he gave them humanoid forms so they could steal the weapons of Men and fight back. These gifts were not without consequence, and Ban’del’ul shortened their lives in exchange for his blessing. Despite this, Ban’del’ul is revered by Beasts who want nothing to do with the Men and many mark themselves with his symbol in hopes that they will be granted even greater powers.

Caliel, the Warleader
                The goddess of Men who first recognized the Beasts as monstrosities of Ban’del’ul, she wages an eternal war with the nightmare-creature in an attempt to rid the world of his b*****d children and encourages mortal Men to do the same. She is said to visit the faithful who lead crusades against the Beasts in their dreams, giving advice and telling of weaknesses in their enemy.

Euraniel, The Chanter
                Champion of Caliel, Euraniel is a minor human deity who collects and heals the souls of warrior who fall in battle. A beautiful youth draped in translucent silks, he chants the songs of Caliel's most heroic fallen. Patching their wounds and mending their armor, Euraniel brings them to fight alongside Caliel in her eternal war against Ban'del'ul.

ιnтro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | Lore | raceѕ | вeѕтιary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 am
    User Image

σf мєи

Humans
                Children of the world, they are the most common race of Man, but also have the shortest lives. Able to adjust quickly to wherever they settle, humans are the most adaptive of the races, which has facilitated their spreading across the world.

Elves
                The least populous race of Men, elves are elegant, long-lived and cunning with a natural affinity for magics. While living to see several hundred years is not uncommon, they have not adapted to changes in the world as well as their fellows and are more prone to illness should they travel from their homes.

Half-elves
                Springing from a mutual attraction between elves and humans, half-elves are neither one or the other. They age faster than their elvish parents, but slower than the human and lifespan will fall somewhere between the two. For their mixed heritage, half-elves are granted some of the adaptivity of humans and some of the magical inclination of the elves.

Dwarves
                A hardy people, dwarves live practically anywhere they can find a foothold, and while most make residence aboveground these days, they have not forgotten the craftsmanship of their forefathers. Not so much the types to adapt to where they live, dwarves instead adapt the world to them; any village that sits in an impossible spot was likely founded by dwarves.

σf вєαѕт

Beastfolk
                An umbrella term that covers the mammalian members of the beast races, such as catfolk, ratlings or wolfen. Beastfolk are not to be confused with werecreatures of any sort, as ‘weres are able to change shape, are identifiably more savage and horrific in appearance (as a result of being controlled by the powerful instincts of their change), and often sport many fairly obvious supernatural characteristics that are not present in beastfolk. Beastfolk have a physiology unique to each variation and easily identifiable from humans, though common trends do exist: many beastfolk have fur, feather or scales rather than human skin and hair, and their facial structure resembles their less intelligent counterparts. Tails or animal-like ears are not uncommon at all. While marriage ceremonies between beastfolk (or any of the other beast races) and the races of Men are not uncommon, the different species are too different to create half-breeds of any variety.

Lizardfolk
                Humanoid lizards, most of these creatures live in tribes in the swamp. They are very territorial and react to perceived threats with violence, lending credence to the common school of thought that they are not very intelligent. Most struggle to grasp Common, but all lizardfolk share a common language unknown to the other races. Due to generations of living in the Long-March Swamp, lizardfolk are naturally resistant to toxins.

Werecreatures
                This grouping includes both turned and born 'weres, as turned 'weres are no longer classified as Men by their peers. It is important to note that this means werecreatures have a human form as well as their were-form and most weres who have spent most of their lives among human civilization are indistinguishable from their human counterparts until they transform. Werecreatues can be anything from werewolves to wererats, and are able to live in both the beast and human world depending on the phases of the moons. Werecreatures have a severe allergy to a substance that varies by type of were; ex., werewolves are allergic to silver, werefoxes are allergic to gold. A werecreature's transformation is a horrific ordeal that will, more often than not, strip the victim of their morals, reason and humanity for the duration of it. Rumours abound of a few that can control these shifts, but no examples have ever been found.

Merfolk
                Creatures of the sea, merfolk are the source of many legends about beautiful women with the lower-half of a fish who enjoy singing. These myths are approximately half-correct as merfolk can indeed be beautiful, they are also exclusively carnivorous and many have the ability to ‘grow’ legs for several hours to walk on land. That being said, most merfolk choose to stay away from Men and Beast alike, and to see one is incredibly uncommon.

Thirio
                Strange creatures that are actually of the animal realm, but have gained human sentience through some- likely magical- influence upon their beings. They are all capable of changing their shape and appearing as human, although they still retain characteristics, physical and otherwise, of their true self. Many are capable of human speech, but fewer than a dozen have ever actually been seen. Thirio appear to be a new species to Roztrhané, though when they first appeared is a mystery. Even where they come from is unknown, but most speculate Lo'rulthan to be the birthing place of these strange creatures.

ιnтro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | loгe | Races | вeѕтιary

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:17 am
    User Image

ιnтro | rυleѕ | ѕтory ѕo ғar... | ѕĸeleтon | cнaracтerѕ | world мap | loгe | raceѕ | Bestiary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:18 am
    User Image

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 am
    User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:20 am
    User Image

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

User Image
    User Image

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

XSenkoX
    Crew

Proxy Raider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:21 am
    User Image
    Chapter Three (Literate to Literate Plus Roleplays)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff
    Gaia's Games