Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
The Weekly Thing Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 pm
So, here's my idea:

Rather than popping in whenever I remember, and then making a bunch of different threads about different things in the hopes that someone else will remember to pop in and check, I'm just going to go ahead and write a bit of an update on myself at least once a week. Hopefully, this will kill two birds with one stone: get me to write more, and it'll give YOU guys a regular schedule to follow, at least for a while.

I miss writing. I miss you guys. Might as well just start, right? :3

So. Here's my weekly thing. Feel free to join in and write a updates about yourselves here as well, even if you can't quite manage a regular schedule. <3 <3 <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:02 pm
The first bigass update:

Uh, I'm sure so much has happened, that I couldn't even begin to cover everything that's happened in my life in the past little while, so I'm just going to focus on the more recent stuff:

I spent the end of may and most of June n a not-quite-depressed state of not leaving my room most days. I usually have a bit of a bi-annual existential crisis, but it's not usually for so long, and I'm still usually forced to be kind of productive during that time, but not this time. I kinda just napped for a month.

I'm actually kind of pissed at myself. How did I just nap for a month?! What about everything I could have gotten done in that month? What about my friends who were patiently waiting for me to get s**t done?

Well, for some reason, my friends watched, waited, and helped me figure s**t out. I have some really awesome friends. smile

So, how do I ease my way back into the world outside of my bedroom?
Uh, but having a birthday party, suddenly being invited to a bunch of things, beginning to date a guy and starting a new training schedule to get caught up on learning programming with a mentor of mine all at once.

I suppose that in much the same way as I don't half-a** my lazy phases, I don't half-a** having a life again either. I'll worry about the effect of shifting between extremes later!! xd

Oh, and I also figured out that I want to write again, and that as long as programming is what I want to do, if I decide to take remote jobs, there's no reason I can't travel anywhere that has internet and work at the same time.

I belong in a space where I can fix things, and entertain. Anything I can do to help me do these things is what I need to do. :3  

Violaceous Vertigo

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:14 pm
Bonus update:

This boy i started seeing! Sosososos, he's such a cutie!!
We've both agreed to not really apply any labels to what we're doing since this just started and we don't want to necessarily set up expectations right now, but...
....I really, really like him! I love just talking to him! Our first date we just walked around town talking about a bunch of stuff.
Anyway, I'm just really...relieved in a way. He already knows that I'm a polyamorous bisexual with no plans for anything long-term (but no problem with it either), so the super awkward convo of "Oh, btw, I might end up sleeping with other people. (but probably not soon)" is already out of the way!
And in typical Vio fashion, I realized I had a crush on him while he was talking about Star Wars. xd

andandandand...this is totally happy crush-brain talking, but I get all giggly happy thinking about him. :3

Oh, and he's a cuddler. I like it, but we may have to figure out a cuddly-balance that makes us both happy.

So yeah, even if s**t goes completely south, (and I really hope it doesn't!) if nothing else, it's been so long since I've felt like this with someone in a way that wasn't so overwhelming, and with someone who seems to like me back...

Let's just see what happens. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:33 pm
It's great to see all these updates from you, Vio! I totally get what you mean when it comes to wanting to stay in a secluded space. I've been clawing out of a stage of depression myself, and I may consider returning to therapy sessions.

Always around to talk whenever you'd like to. smile  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 pm
I STARTED WRITING THE THING.

...but now it's late.

I WILL FINISH THE THING TOMORROW, PINKY SWEAR! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:11 am
I SHALL EAGERLY ANTICIPATE THE THING.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:14 pm
Okay, I'm late with my thing. I was writing up a poem about how everything is someone's kink, but I'm distracted as heck, so I'm going to write about the new boy instead:

I like him a lot. a lot, a lot. It's not even been a month quite yet and we're already cuddly as hell, and making cute faces and noises at each other and such (but not in public, because we both think that calling each other cute back in forth in front of friends is barf-worthy.) He's gorgeous, he's surprisingly good in bed, and he's a total geek. He actually talks with me, instead of at me. Last night I went over to hang out and we just talked for hours. It was great!

Here's the thing: I'm his first. I think I should be happy that he wants to be with me, but instead it kind of terrifies me. To be fair, he already knows I'm polyamorous, he knows I'm bisexual, he knows I'm ever-so-slightly kinky, he knows that I do burlesque, he knows I have absolutely no interest in a monogamous relationship, children, marriage, etc. and yet he's sticking around. I realize that he's a grown-a** adult and that he's capable of making his own decisions, but...
...he has no experience with this s**t. I am not beginner-level in any sense of the word. sad
What's going to happen when I think it's ok to pursue something with someone else and it turns out that it actually breaks his heart? I'm not rushing out to sleep with everyone, but someday, it's going to come up.
I really, really want to think that he's capable of thinking this through, but how could he know?

Am I over-thinking this? Am I freaking out way too early?

Le sigh. Let's just see what happens, I guess...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:38 pm
I think, at this point, it's a matter of what he decides rather than you. If he's willing to give this a shot, fantastic! Maybe you can make this a Jedi-Padawan thing.

You're right, though - he is a grown-a** man, and he might be able to become adjusted to the life you have and the life he may want to be a part of. Don't fret too much. Just ride the wave as it moves to shore! biggrin  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:18 am
Weekly Update: Thing on my head.

This isn't a thing, this is notice of a thing. I'm going to start a silly thing: Thing on my head. It's just a daily post of a pic or video of me balancing a thing on my head. I'll let you know as soon as that's actually started! :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:32 pm
Looking forward to it. whee  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:31 am
So good to see you Vi, I was wondering where you'd gone, not seeing you on FB or anything as much.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:30 am
My weekly thing.

DEAR SWEET LORD I JUST REMEMBERED THE INTERNETZ.

Also I actually have time to post since
I am done with my camp position that
involves very little internetz.

Sorry I posted a thing on on your thing, Vio.
I didn't feel like making my own thread when
yours is already cool.

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 pm
Theodra
My weekly thing.

yours is already cool.

THEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 pm
Theodra
My weekly thing.

yours is already cool.

Hey, you can post all over my thing! The more, the merrier! biggrin

IT'S AWESOME TO SEEEE YOOOOOOU! biggrin  

Violaceous Vertigo

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:39 pm
cheesy nipples
So good to see you Vi, I was wondering where you'd gone, not seeing you on FB or anything as much.

I'm on twitter more than fb, though I check both every day anyway.
Message me on fb or follow me at @TipsySips! :3  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces