StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:12 pm
(( This takes place after the Bibarel King has been defeated during the Felicity Island Event. Every one has found their way back to the boat mostly safely and have begun to explore it again; some of those with mysterious daycare eggs decide to question to day care caretakers and well, babies ever after. ))

Sienna was very glad to be back safely on the cruise ship. The hike back had taken most of the trainers hours, but the bird keeper simply took the lazy way to the cruise ship and flew their on her Pidgeot, whom she had some questions for. Specifically whether the egg in her pack (in a special protective incubator of course - the daycare handed them out like they knew there would suddenly be a lot of eggs...) was his biological child or not. She couldn't quite understand what Frey's reply was when she questioned him, sudden puffing up of feathers and incoherent squawking and avoidance didn't really help. The making of pokemon eggs was a very blush-faced subject for her too.

The girl had taken to carrying the capsule containing the egg (with suspiciously familiar brown and cream markings) in her arms, a reminder to revisit the daycare where she got it. A flustered Frey stayed behind in their cabin to sleep off the battle against the Bibarel King and the trek through the temple.

Sienna made it to the daycare as the ship set sail. She released her new winged Bidoof to chat with on the way there and to get to know him better. He was extremely obedient and indeed guard-like - she had taken to calling him the Warden. The bird keeper knew she could rely on him to protect the egg until they got to the daycare.

After getting a little lost on the ship, they finally got there. "Doof," Warden said sternly and claimed a spot right outside the daycare door. "Bi, doof," He said to her. She took that as a "I'll guard this room," body-guard kind of thing. It was embedded in his personality.

Sienna wasn't the only one with questions it seemed; some trainers had already gathered in the daycare. "So has anyone seen the caretakers?" She asked to the room, looking around. All the children had disappeared along with the caretakers, it seemed to her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Alice looked at the voice that was calling near the door way and waved her over, "No. I have no idea where the caretakers are."

Alice spies her new pokemon, Shimmer, shuffle over to the guard bidoof.

Alice sighed. Her new bidoof partner was sassy and loves attention. Probably being near male bidoof...not only a former "tribe" member, she could be home sick.

It was very all new to Shimmer.

Alice took her hand out and held it up to newcommer. "I'm Alice. I just started my pokemon coordinator journey." Alice gestured towards Shimmer. "That was Shimmer, my first pokemon."

Alilce got out her egg with the incubator and placed it near her feet, crouching down to look at it closely. "It was weird I got this egg. I had no pokemon with me so I was wondering why they gave it to me."

Alice looked back towards the girl. "Do you also have questions about the egg?"  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50

shadica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:32 pm
Keria had walked back to the boat with Voltron on her shoulder, entering her room she saw the egg Voltron had been protecting wiggling moving closer to it she felt him jump off her shoulder. She watched fascinated as the egg hatch into a pretty pachirisu. Keria giggled softly before turning to Voltron. "I see it has you're mask." She took her newly caught bidoof out of its ball and healed it up while she wondered what to do, she didn’t know much about baby Pokémon but she figured the people at the day care might, she diced to let Voltron get acquainted with the baby before heading down.

Voltron wiggled in excitement as the egg hatched he quickly moved closer to it and sniffed her. He groomed her a bit and watched proudly as she started to explore before they were both picked up by his sidekick with a mumble of going back to the daycare. He frowned slightly hoping she wasn’t plaining on leaving the baby now that it had hatch. He was sure she would make a great superhero or sidekick one day.

Upon entering the room she was greeted by a mass of people and one of her group mates asking where the daycare works when. "I'm afraid I have no Idea." Keria watched as her new bidoof shuffled off to meet up with Sienna's.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:53 pm
Doyle walked to the boat with Ark out of her ball. He had healed her up after the battle with the King Bibarel. As he got back on the boat he felt some shaking in his bag. He paused after stepping to the side and grabbed his bag. Ark looked up curiously and cocked her head. He opened the bag and notice the egg was shaking a little bit. Apparently it was going to hatch soon. So he took the egg out, put his bag back to it's original position, and just held onto the egg.

He wondered if the Daycare had anything they could tell him about the egg. It did look like it was Ark's but he didn't see Ark actually being a mother. He wandered into the Daycare and noticed all of the trainers and no daycare workers. Hearing someone ask a question he shook his head. He certainly didn't know. His egg shook a little more violently and he looked down at Ark. "I certainly hope we're not in for anymore surprises with this egg Ark."  

Bluedemonwolf

Darling Hunter

mewrose
Crew

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 pm
Lyle was relieved that they could leave the island in peace. Why had the captain even thought that island was a good place for a tour? How had he even found the place? It sounded like the Bidoofs hadn't seen humans in a long, long time. Somehow he never got the chance to ask the captain about this on the way back to the ship. Spinel had been really tired, even after he gave the pokemon his last Oran berry, and had dozed on Lyle's hat most of the way back.

But the Sableye perked right up once they got back to their cabin. He hopped off Lyle's head and scurried over to check on the spotted purple egg he'd found while in the daycare, which Lyle had wrapped in a towel and left on the pillow. Lyle flopped full-length on the middle of the bed, then turned his head to see what Spinel was doing. The pokemon was steadying the egg against the bouncing Lyle's flop had caused, and gave his trainer a reproachful look before checking the egg over thoroughly.

"Oh yeah, that thing," Lyle said. "I'd forgotten about it with all the running for our lives through a temple full of traps and angry Bidoofs." Though at least the Bidoofs weren't angry any more. And Lyle had caught two. He pulled out the two pokeballs and stared at them. Now that he thought about it, he probably didn't need two Bidoofs, Maybe he could find someone else to give one to. He kind of wanted to keep the that had been guarding the king, though. It looked cool and seemed really tough. Might be a good idea to get to know it, then.

He sat up and released the pokemon, but when it appeared on the bed next to him it was lying flat on it's belly, unconscious. Oh yeah, he'd fainted it. He pulled out his last Revive, then stared at the crystal. So how did you use it on a pokemon that didn't eat rocks? Maybe like the evolution stones he'd seen on TV? He held it against the Bidoof, and sure enough it glowed briefly before going dull again. He had a feeling it was useless now, so he tossed the used stone to Spinel, who happily ate it.

The Bidoof was awake now, sitting up and looking around curiously. After a brisk examination of the room, it looked over Spinel, glanced briefly at the egg, then turned to Lyle. It looked him up and down for a moment, then appeared to come to a decision and stood up attentively. "Bidoof," it said.

"Um, hi," Lyle said, not sure what to make of the furry pokemon's behavior. It seemed rather military, somehow. "I'm Lyle, and I guess I'm gonna be your trainer now."

"Doof," it acknowledged with a nod.

Lyle stared at it for a moment. Spinel had been easier to make friends with. Or maybe the Bidoof was making friends, in it's own way? It seemed to have accepted him, anyway. But he felt like he had to get to know it better, so he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Are you a boy or a girl?"

"Bi," it replied promptly.

"...K, that doesn't help much. Guess I should stick to yes or no questions. You can just nod for yes and shake your head for no," he said, demonstrating the actions in case the pokemon was unfamiliar with them. "So are you a boy?" The Bidoof gave a shake of its head. "A girl, then?" A nod. OK, that was progress. "So you guarded the King? You must be pretty strong?"

"Bibi!" she responded proudly, with another nod.

Something occurred to Lyle and he grinned. "I'm gonna be a kind of guard, too!" he proudly told his pokemon. Maybe this was something they could relate about. "I'm gonna be working at a place called a Pokemon Gym, where trainers come to challenge a really tough trainer called a Gym Leader. And I'm gonna be an Assistant to the Leader, and people have to battle the Assistants before they get to fight her. So you and Spinel," he pointed to his Sableye, who waved, "will get to help me fight the people who want to challenge the Leader." The Bidoof seemed to like this idea and stood up a bit straighter.

"I bet you make a great guard. You seem very alert, like...like a sentry," he told the pokemon. "Hey, that could be a cool name. Sentry. How about it, that sounds good to you?"

"Bibidoof!" she said enthusiastically.

"Great! I bet we'll work great together, Sentry," Lyle said. Spinel chimed in with something cheery-sounding too, prompting Lyle to look up at him and the egg again. "Oh right, the egg. Where did that come from, anyway? Did you make it?" Spinel would only grin at him, no matter how much more Lyle tried to ask. Eventually he gave up. "Maybe the daycare people will know. Come on, let's go ask them." He scooped up the egg, still wrapped in its towel, and let the room, with both his pokemon following.

When they got there, Lyle saw one of the other guard Bidoof standing outside the door. Sentry immediately ran to take up a position on the opposite side, nodding to her comrade before watching the hall intently. "OK, I'll trust you to keep watch for us, Sentry," Lyle said. If she wanted to keep watch, he didn't see the harm. Then he headed into the Daycare.

It seemed to be pretty quiet, with just a couple people who were also holding eggs. "You all trying to find out where these came from, too?" he asked, pointing to his egg.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:27 pm
The first thing that Dreidyn wanted to do when she returned to the ship was sleep. And that she did, for a couple of minutes. Until Lotus started getting stir crazy and started flying around the cabin. It was amazing that even though she was fighting the Kangaskhan and Biberal for a really long time, she still had the energy to drive her nuts. And worse yet, she was holding the egg while she was flying around.

"Ack! Lotus! Don't do that!" Dreidyn bolted upright and snatched the egg from her Pokemon's grasp. Her reaction to the surprise egg was different from most people's. Sure, there was confusion, but she was mostly enthusiastic that there were baby bug Pokemon on the way! Even if the egg wasn't actually Lotus's, she would still welcome it with open arms.

And thankfully it survived that wretched ordeal in the temple. Dreidyn wouldn't have known how to feel if it didn't. Maybe curl into a ball and die. Being a breeder, she had experience with eggs and knew how to keep one in good condition. Unfortunately that was easier said than done when stuck in the middle of death traps, but she did her best.

"Ok fine. We'll walk around for a bit." Dreidyn stepped out of the cabin and started wandering around in the corridors. Thankfully there was no open doors to distract Lotus and they ended up by the Daycare center... for some reason.

The caretakers were gone? That's strange. Yet annoying, since she would like to know who was responsible for these eggs. Well, it's not like she was annoyed that Lotus had an egg, but if the caretakers were careless enough to let that happen, much worse things could've happen under their watch.  

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Chibi_Kokoro143

"Wow that's really weird!" Sienna said, the care takers seemed very friendly and good at their jobs, it probably wasn't like them to skip out on their duty. "I wonder where they went," She pondered. The bird keeper shook Alice's hand, "I'm Sienna, an aspiring gym leader," She grinned, "Currently an assistant at the Motterossa Gym!"

"Congrats on catching your first pokemon then," She smilied, "I brought my Pidgeot with me, left him here, and when I came back they gave him and," She held up the incubator in her arms, "This! So of course I have questions, haha. I was curious if it's actually Frey's or the day care people had some eggs laying around that they decided to give away,"

"It's a mystery, it seems!" She replied to the other girl with an Emolga. Another trainer entered with a purple egg, "Yup, seems like that's why most of us are here," She nodded.

mewrose

Outside, Warden greeted his fellow Bidoof comrade with a stern nod, ""

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 pm
Angie was relieved when the trip back to the cruise ship was over. Exploring the temple they all had fallen into and trying to make it out alive had been terrifying, and the battles against the Kangaskhan and the mysterious Biberal King had been plain exhausting. And the fact that she had been the one to catch the Kangaskhan after she got her baby back was bewildering.

She flopped onto her bed with a sigh, enjoying the calm quiet. She forced herself to get up after a few minutes though; she was dirty and she had Pokemon to look after- namely, Kale and the Kangaskhan. She'd have to think up a nickname for the Kangaskhan too. Not everyone nicknamed their Pokemon, but she did, and if she didn't give the Kangaskhan one, the Pokemon might feel alienated. Angie didn't want that at all, especially when the Kangaskhan had put her trust in her, even after the long beatdown Angie had participated in. She hoped she could live up to that trust.

Maybe she was just thinking to much. A shower might help things; she was filthy. Angie's stomach growled, making her realize she hadn't eaten anything since before heading out to the island. She did have some berries, but they'd been used to keep Kale healthy enough to battle. A stop by the dining room was in order first.

So Angie ate her fill, and she let Kale out of his Pokeball as well. Once he had eaten, though, she put him right back in, as he needed rest as well. She debated releasing Kangaskhan from her Pokeball as well, but decided to just swipe a bunch of berries and let her eat out on the deck. The dining room wasn't exactly the place for a seven foot, newly caught Pokemon, after all.

On her way to the deck, she went to pass by the Daycare, but noticed the small crowd standing inside. She peeked inside, and saw that all the trainers there had eggs as well. She had nearly forgotten about the one Kale had given her, and she took it out now. At least it looked fine.

Joining the group, she looked for the caretakers and was surprised to not find them. "So what're we doing here, then?" Angie asked nobody. "Just hanging around with out eggs?"  

Silver-head angel

mewrose
Crew

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 pm
StarrySeas

<"Greetings to you as well,"> Sentry responded to Warden. After her initial nod, she kept her eyes on their surroundings, alert for anything that seemed dangerous or suspicious. Not that she was entirely sure what qualified as that in this new place, but she was sure she'd know it when she saw it. <"Indeed I have. I have been informed that my "Trainer" is a sort of guard called an Assistant at a placed called a Pokemon Gym, and it will be our task to battle challengers who wish to reach the Gym Leader."> Though her tone was crisp and professional, a hint of eagerness entered her voice. She was looking forward to this new job. She'd been proud to be recognized as worthy to guard the king, and it seemed her Trainer deemed her worthy to protect his Leader as well.

<"Warden is a fine name. Sounds like a title of importance,"> she told the other pokemon. <"I have also been given a new name, and am to be called Sentry.">  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:55 pm
Thankfully the walk back wasn't as eventful as earlier. The only thing that happened was the egg Xander had been carrying around in his back pack hatched. He assumed that she did belong to Semadar but decided to ask just to make sure. As it was it seemed likely that she belonged to him as his Zubat had taken to her just like he had to her egg.

Once he got back to the ship he stopped by his cabin to leave his pack and let the two Bidoof he caught sleep off the battle and revivals they had. He already knew who he would give them to as well so he would let them know they were a surprise for his little sister later.

That done he headed for the daycare, giving a curious look and a nod to the two guard Bidoof out side when he went into the room. Looking around two things were clear, one the assistants were here and two, he wasn't the only one with questions. "So I take it just about everyone got an egg before we all left?" He asked.

Semadar peered at everyone from his spot in his trainers arms while cuddling his new daughter with a pleased look.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:01 pm
mewrose

Warden also had his eyes peeled for the first signs of danger. So far, more of these "Trainers" had simply been entering the baby room. He sniffed the air, it even smelled strange here, though like his fellow guard he had no idea what would be considered dangerous. The cultural differences were likely to be indeed very different and he did not want to take something that was merely a habit of these Trainers to be threatening. So far nothing extremely large or dangerous looking had attempted to enter the baby room.

The guard definitely liked the sound of that, having something to guard was in both of their blood. Had Warden not such a serious attitude he would have given the other guard something like a high five in excitement at their new position, instead he replied, "" Serving the King had been a great chapter of his life, but with the amount of Trainers it appeared that the King himself may have been taken in by one of the Trainers.

"" He mused. He was intrigued by these Trainers and wanted to know more about the new creatures he was serving

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:09 pm
Alice waved at the new person who just came in. "Pretty much yeah."

Alice then turned towards Sienna."Thanks. And that's awesome. You're gonna be a gym leader."

Alice looked at Sienna's egg, then at her's. "It seems to have pretty markings. I wondered where they got the egg."

She looked at Sienna again. "Do you think your's is a pidgeot? Or do you think there is a mishap and got switch or stolen?"  

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50

StarrySeas
Crew

Fuzzy Firestarter

10,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm
Sienna laughed and said, "Thanks, I'd really like to think I'll definitely become a gym leader, but it's not set in stone," She was extremely optimistic about it, to the point of unrealistic, but it was that tiny bit of 'y'know, you might not ever make it,' in the back of the bird keeper's brain that drove her to be realistic about her goal. "Yeah they do look a lot like Frey's, though I have no idea of how to tell -" She was cut off as the entire incubator wobbled. "Oh boy, maybe it's going to hatch soon!" That probably meant she should take it out of the incubator, the thing wasn't large enough for a whole pokemon.

She scooped it up gently and craddled it in her arms. "I wonder what your's is!" Sienna said, trying to think of what Alice's egg looked like.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm
StarrySeas

The name of a great warrior? Sentry considered this, thinking back to what her Trainer had said when he'd assigned her the name. <"Perhaps my name was not once one of a warrior, but a title seems likely,"> she answered after a moment. <"My Trainer implied that a sentry was alert. A quality I will aspire to exhibit.">

She certainly did try to be as alert as possible, determined that nothing escape her notice. So far nothing had happened besides more humans, mostly young, passing by. Several were accompanied by pokemon and/or holding eggs much like her Trainer's. And many of these humans entered the room her Trainer was in. None of them seemed hostile or agitated, so she let them pass with nothing more than a thorough look-over. From the sound of voices inside, there seemed to be some sort of gathering. Some people sounded somewhat confused or mildly concerned, but nobody seemed upset or alarmed, so she stayed outside.  

mewrose
Crew

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

Silver-head angel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm
Natsuko-neko

Angie turned to look at the guy that joined in. "It seems like it. It must have been a massive orgie or... something..." She grimaced at what she just said and the mental image that came into mind. She shuddered before realizing that the guy didn't have an egg, but two Zubats.

"Hey, did your egg hatch?" Angie asked, as she looked down to the egg she was holding, and then at the other eggs. Some of them looked close to hatching. Maybe they'd all hatch around the same time, with the guy's egg being a forerunner, or something.  
Wilderness

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff