Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Local priest calls for Death Of the "gay race" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:22 pm
Click here for the video

]I don't wanna say anything..............this just makes me sick......
so what are your thoughts about this?  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 pm
Edit: the full story: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/21/north-carolina-pastor-send-lgbt-people-to-concentration-camps-to-die/  

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:36 pm
If I was sitting there in that church, I would say, "YOU CAN KISS MY QUEER-LOVING a**!"

Literally. I don't swear out loud, but I would probably be angry enough to do so.

He thinks they can pen them all up, and treat them like animals. What kind of life is that? That is not freedom, that is not what American does. Disgusting. They're humans, too.

... Is there dehumanization going on in churches against LGBPTQA's? I wouldn't know, I haven't gone to church since I was 13.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:41 pm
Belethiel
If I was sitting there in that church, I would say, "YOU CAN KISS MY QUEER-LOVING a**!"

Literally. I don't swear out loud, but I would probably be angry enough to do so.

He thinks they can pen them all up, and treat them like animals. What kind of life is that? That is not freedom, that is not what American does. Disgusting. They're humans, too.

... Is there dehumanization going on in churches against LGBPTQA's? I wouldn't know, I haven't gone to church since I was 13.
reminds me of Hitler; putting a specific group of people in a camp until they die....  

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:46 pm
Gaga_Happily Emo_Gaga
Belethiel

reminds me of Hitler; putting a specific group of people in a camp until they die....

I know! What an idiot. He's so ignorant...doesn't he know they're human beings too? What will he do to his kid if they go, "Hey... dad... um... I think I'm gay." Would he kill them? Beat them? People like this scare me.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:08 pm
That is just sick, disturbing and inhumane. I stopped going to church long ago as there was a lot I didn't personally agreed with, but that doesn't very Christian like. neutral

What happened to love thy neighbors and all that? I am glad he ain't my dad and that my parents aren't bad like him, even if they disagree on things. How does being against gay marriage give one any sense? The way he talks, he makes it seem as if the LGBT community is a bunch of animals, but he's the one acting savage and cruel.

Hate for people for no reason shouldn't be welcome or condone.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:15 pm
Dude. Not right.
s**t- the guy's probably just frightened of himself because he's in the closet or something. ...y'know, let's deal with stuff without harming people, please.
This is why I don't go to church. Just...BUH. Terrible.

It's not much, but I still love you guys! heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:50 pm
“God have mercy, it makes me puking sick.", says the so-called Christian.

Pretty much sums up what I think of his idea. biggrin Thankfully, there is a growing number of LGBT-friendly churches. They're the ones that might survive, while cretins like Worley are a dying breed.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:53 pm
I like this guy's response.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm
I saw this last week on Reddit, and it makes me sick.

But, in all honesty, I am absolutely used to this kind of behavior, especially from North Carolina, considering recent events. I don't think we should be shocked, I mean, we've heard a lot of nasty things from religous groups recently, and this isn't even the worst I've heard.

Until old bastards like this and the views they have, and will pass on through generations of intolerence die out, we will not see change in this country, and it's depressing. Our whole equality, freedom, and seperation of church and state thing seems to have bitten us in the a**, since we didn't put limits on what people could say.

But, since we live in a country where we can say whatever we like, this will keep on happening, and we should get used to living like it if we want to stay in the U.S.

Werblergerble

2,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wandering Skald

Dapper Dabbler

6,775 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 pm
As much as I would love to say this is shocking, the second I realized he was from the south any level of shock quickly disappeared. As a southern resident myself, let me paraphrase(and parody) the annoyingly durable mentality that exists in places such as where said preacher lives:

Ahem *attempts southern accent* here' in tha south, we dunt 'preciate anyone or anythin' differen' then what our daddies n' preachers tell us was 'round when they were boys, 'cause if it wan't around for them, then obviously we dunt need it! So ya'll can take yer fancy idears like "equeilitay" and "high technolagey" back to them devil-worshipin' northern parts!

I think I might have done that to well.... emo  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:32 pm
confused Wowzers. Shits hitting the fan big time. Well, if I do say so myself, I'm a good little christian who keeps to himself :3 well, as long as you don't mess with me. Well... not the best christian now that I think about it. Gay.. already had sex a couple of times..... what was I talking about again?? lol XD  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

FangedNinjaKid5

Thieving Senshi

15,400 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:17 pm
scream
I am so mad! I want to go and harm that man. He has no right to say that. Just because he doesn't believe its right doesn't mean crap. I don't believe in god so do I get to go and say "Kill off all the god believers?" What he said was BS and he needs to shut up before he starts something that will harm america.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 pm
Two videos I think everyone here will get a kick out of:

Queers: I'm Agin' It

Angry Aussie on Crazy Pastor  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:40 am
People like him are unbelievable...
First of all how on earth was he allowed to speak before a large group of people.
Second of all, what part of his message has any religious grounding, its pure homophobia to the extreme, and should be treated as such.
In the UK he would be in court!

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces