Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Westboro Baptist Church Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 pm
Behold! The only hate site I've ever walked into. I could barely take the first page of this... this s**t.

They totally forgot that God loves and forgives. I believe you go to heaven (or whatever afterworld there is) if you're a good person. They have a warped image of the being they worship, an image warped by the misunderstanding of the Bible. They too, are sinners. They ignore the teachings of Jesus, who's message was of love and acceptance in many cases.

I also noticed they took the word "Sodomites" out of context. Sodom was a city that was sinful. There was more stuff going on than gay sex, goodness! That's not the whole reason why God supposedly destroyed it. D:

UGH. They have hate songs and everything! This is disgusting. I wish we could do something about this site, and about these assholes. This is not a church, it's a cult and a hate group.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm
I swear they are like real life trolls, always causing trouble and pissing people off. They are all filled with so much hate and only seem to spread it around, they need a hobby or something.

Unforutately most of the family are lawyers and with freedom of speech, I am not sure if we can do anything. Though I think you can if it involves threats to others.

I am not going to get into religion itself and where people go when we die. Just that I think that church/group is doing more harm than good. neutral  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:59 pm
WBC, they give Christians a bad name.

I despise that church so much. I wish they could be arrested for protesting soldier's funerals.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
I swear they are like real life trolls, always causing trouble and pissing people off. They are all filled with so much hate and only seem to spread it around, they need a hobby or something.

Unforutately most of the family are lawyers and with freedom of speech, I am not sure if we can do anything. Though I think you can if it involves threats to others.

I am not going to get into religion itself and where people go when we die. Just that I think that church/group is doing more harm than good. neutral

Yeah, I saw that they were lawyers, and that sucks. That means they know exactly what they're doing when they defend their rights and it's harder to do anything about them.

Not only are they offending LGBTP's, they are offending the families of soldiers whose funerals they protest at. I read that they regularly picket a park that has a zoo, and that brought it's profits down because nobody wanted to be around them to visit the park. Indeed, they're damaging a lot... and then they don't care about people's feelings at all and that's disgusting. They're not even touched by it, it's like they don't have hearts. And those kids... those poor kids who could've been loving and innocent get sucked into the hate. I pity them.

Indeed, they are the trolls of America. I'm sure they get off on making people angry. If God exists, I'm sure he's frowning upon them. They'll get what they deserve.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:46 pm
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

Yeah, I saw that they were lawyers, and that sucks. That means they know exactly what they're doing when they defend their rights and it's harder to do anything about them.

Not only are they offending LGBTP's, they are offending the families of soldiers whose funerals they protest at. I read that they regularly picket a park that has a zoo, and that brought it's profits down because nobody wanted to be around them to visit the park. Indeed, they're damaging a lot... and then they don't care about people's feelings at all and that's disgusting. They're not even touched by it, it's like they don't have hearts. And those kids... those poor kids who could've been loving and innocent get sucked into the hate. I pity them.

Indeed, they are the trolls of America. I'm sure they get off on making people angry. If God exists, I'm sure he's frowning upon them. They'll get what they deserve.

That is probably why they are getting away with what they do.

They offend just about everyone who isn't part of the family (I think the whole church is also family). Why would they picket a zoo of all places? confused

Sad how they harass the families who just lost a loved one and how they are raising their kids to hate others. Some of the kids are probably too young to really understand. Hopefully they would be stopped someday. They are truly sick people.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:10 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

They offend just about everyone who isn't part of the family (I think the whole church is also family). Why would they picket a zoo of all places? confused

Sad how they harass the families who just lost a loved one and how they are raising their kids to hate others. Some of the kids are probably too young to really understand. Hopefully they would be stopped someday. They are truly sick people.

Yeah...

You know, it would be really interesting if those kids turned out to be gay. But then, they would be disowned, or driven to suicide by it. Other people in hateful families have.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:15 pm
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

Yeah...

You know, it would be really interesting if those kids turned out to be gay. But then, they would be disowned, or driven to suicide by it. Other people in hateful families have.

Some already have been disowned or left. They think he was crazy and think the ones that did leave had no problem with not talking to the paster (I was watching a documentary about it once). I don't think they were gay but they didn't like what he was teaching and these were his own kids that thought he was crazy.

I think it depends if they have a place to go and people to turn to. The ones that committed suicide probably felt they have no one to turn to or anywhere to go, which is incredibly sad.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

Yeah...

Some already have been disowned or left. They think he was crazy and think the ones that did leave had no problem with not talking to the paster (I was watching a documentary about it once). I don't think they were gay but they didn't like what he was teaching and these were his own kids that thought he was crazy.

I think it depends if they have a place to go and people to turn to. The ones that committed suicide probably felt they have no one to turn to or anywhere to go, which is incredibly sad.

Oh. I thought they just left the church, maybe for a job somewhere. lol They left? Awesome. Do you have a clip of them saying so?

Yeah, it is very sad. These kids should be loved and accepted by their families no matter what they do and who they are. I cry whenever I hear that someone has been bullied to death. You know that kid who was all over the news? I read online that at prom, they played a Lady Gaga song and his sister and her friends all chanted his name, and then people said something like "I'm glad he's dead."

I don't blame these kids. I blame their parents, they put hate into their hearts.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:42 pm
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Playboy Karasu Uchiha

Yeah...

Oh. I thought they just left the church, maybe for a job somewhere. lol They left? Awesome. Do you have a clip of them saying so?

Yeah, it is very sad. These kids should be loved and accepted by their families no matter what they do and who they are. I cry whenever I hear that someone has been bullied to death. You know that kid who was all over the news? I read online that at prom, they played a Lady Gaga song and his sister and her friends all chanted his name, and then people said something like "I'm glad he's dead."

I don't blame these kids. I blame their parents, they put hate into their hearts.

Hang on, I have to go look for it.
Not sure if I can post it on here but type in WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH - WORLD'S MOST INFAMOUS CALVINISTS on youtube or online and you can find the documentary.

This article talked about one that has left and is happily married-
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/19/3275645/megan-phelps-roper-an-heir-to.html

Gosh that is so rude of them to say that, specially around his sister and when he did nothing wrong. I heard some stuff about him, his family talked on Anderson awhile back and Lady Gaga dedicated a song for him.

Yeah, usually kids are taught to think that way. Such a shame.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:56 pm
I do believe I watched something on YouTube about a girl leaving.
She came back to get her stuff and her own little sister said she wasn't her sister anymore. ( or something like that ) The girl was pretty much disowned and her siblings were basically taught to hate her. It was awful D:  

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:57 pm
These people are discusting! I remember they picketed at my high school (I don't know if it was them) but they got kicked off the campus and they hit one of the students with their sign. I hate them they are Anti american and anti gay. I wish that they were banned from any military funeral.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:51 pm
hanyou_alchemist
These people are discusting! I remember they picketed at my high school (I don't know if it was them) but they got kicked off the campus and they hit one of the students with their sign. I hate them they are Anti american and anti gay. I wish that they were banned from any military funeral.

Why did they picket there? .o.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:28 pm
This made my heart sink seeing this. I can't really comment on this as I didn't even look at the site for more than a second. It's horrible how people say and do such things. All I can say is people like that make me sick.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 pm
Belethiel
hanyou_alchemist

I don't know why I just saw them picket there.  

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:53 am
hanyou_alchemist
Belethiel
hanyou_alchemist

I don't know why I just saw them picket there.

Ah. What kind of signs did they carry? Where they anti-Jew or anti-gay? Yeah, they hate Jews, too.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff