Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Marrow Of Life

Back to Guilds

A place where imaginations roam about together - and destroy a few cities while they're at it. 

Tags: Roleplay, Imagination, Expression 

Reply [Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads
[ Sons of Time - OOC ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:26 pm
I figured I'd post the discussion thread first, while I worked on the actual story to get it ready to post.

Yay, prologue posted!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 pm
Ok, so right now, I'm trying to picture the characters, already intro'd and those that have yet to, and possibly going to draw up some kind of collab later as sort of "Cover Art". Any help will be appreciated!  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:50 pm
What kind of help could we offer you, madame? biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 pm
Any kind, character development/design (Link and Malon should be obvious, but I need some slight improvements to Martel, Rioan, and Haydel; explained below) locations, plot twists, and other miscellanea. Kinda like what we're doing with the RP, but not quite (for example, I don't need dungeon designs unless I specify otherwise)

As for the kids, I'll give you their detes and bios:

Martel "Martel the Mischievous", Age 10, is left-handed, blonde, blue eyes. Is the more caring of the twins. He will look out for his brother and sister, though will never show it directly. He wishes to keep his sibling rivalries. He can come up with a devious plan in minutes; most of these involve his brother.

Rioan "Rioan the Rioter" is Age 10, Is right-handed, blonde with a tint of red, blue eyes. Prefers to act than to think, and is reliable when pulling off his brother's crazy schemes. He loves to cause trouble, and is seen as more the bully of the two, although he really means no harm when picking on their sister.

Haydel "The Bucket with Feet", is Age 6, as deemed by her brothers, as she likes to wear empty buckets over her head, nearly covering her entire body when helping her mother.She is constantly picked on by her brothers, but doesn't fully understand how sibling rivalries work. She is always protected up by her mother.

I have a plot twist of my own that will involve Link, but I'll keep that to myself until the appropriate chapter comes out.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 pm
Thinking of putting in some "old man" to help guide the boys, sort of like Oshus or Ezlo, or even Kaepora.

I also need some ideas for other evil peeps besides Majar and Farras, so all help is welcome!
(And I need them, like right NAO, because I'll be putting them in the cover art, and I want to get the sketch done sometime today or tomorrow)

Edit: K, have the old man down, along with two new evil dudes, a cobra and dragon.But wanting moar!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 am
Just though of a huge plot element! I r emotion_awesome  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 pm
*cough wheeze*
Holy crap, this is hard! gonk

I just scanned the picture a few hours ago, and already have 7 of the whopping 18 characters inked. INKED, only! This thing's gonna take days to complete, and I already feel dead.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:40 am
Aye, this is why the gods invented sleep. XD  

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 am
Thankfully lol.

Finished another 5 so far, though with the foes, I have practically all of them overlappin another, so have to do them in sections. It's proving to be a challenge, though not entirely difficult.

I managed to spruce up Aislin somewhat, though with the limited room, I couldn't do much. I just hope I did her justice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:14 pm
Thought of another plot element. That's 2 so far, not including the original one I cooked up before these 2.

I need to make a list of these elements so I know how drastic the story's going to turn.
I also need to figure out how the first element ties in with the story, since it follows the Child timeline while the element was first conceived with the Adult timeline in mind...  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:31 pm
Awesomeness

Got the sketch done, now onto colors.

The character lineup is, from top to bottom:
Good (Left)
Link, Frand, Malon, Haydel, Holo, Loke, Rioan and Martel

Bad (Right)
Aeon, Aislin, (unnamed dragon) Lizzrobe, Cobralfos, Farras, Majar, Volvagia, Chulizard, (unnamed spider)

If you guys want to offer names for the two unnamed foes, be my guest!
Some names I had thought of for the spider, though never went with, were Molarach* (or along that line) and Gohmakin (coughSkyrimparodycough)

And this entire picture started with Rioan's hand. Which, at the time, looked like a wallmaster.

*I've noticed a lot of sand insects have "mol" in their names. Lanmola, moldorm, twinmold; is there a pattern here?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm
Epicsauce

Finished up the coloring. Tried editing it in photoshop elements, but nothing seemed to work except lighting and lens flare. Go figure.

So many Firsts in this pic, its crazy!

- First Perspective! Rioan and Martel are the prime examples and the ones perspective affects the most.
- First Canons! That's right, Malon and Link are the first canon characters I've drawn at all!
- First Barefoot! Though hard to tell, Majar is indeed barefoot!
- First Animals that actually look like Animals! I've done animals before, but they never looked anatomically correct.
- First Collab Finished! I've had a collab idea in the past for a bunch of characters before, but this is the first one actually done!
- First Anatomy to Scale! Don't know what I'm talking about? I had the help of my mom in fixing Frand's hands, as they were originally anatomically incorrect.
- First Shirtless! Again, Majar is being tackled here.
- First Fresh Faces! The typical "face" I would draw is reflected in all my human-based characters (excluding Majar, since I purposely hid his eyes) except for Aislin and Loke. I have never done an old man before, or the eye type I gave Her Venomess.
- First Anatomical Maw! the green dragon is being targeted here. It showcases both a decent row of teeth AND the gradient as the golor gets deeper the further toward the main part of the skull you go. Also the saliva. Yeah.

I think that's about it.

As a bonus, finally got a Deviantart Account!  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:07 pm
Chapter 2 posted.

I also introduced another character after I finished the cover art, but I don't think this one will live long anyway.

Hope you guys enjoy the story so far!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:48 pm
Chapter 3 is here!

Not sure how to sum it up. /fail

Also wondering how to pull off 4...  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 pm
I hate blocks. I've had one since halfway through chapter 4.
However, I've been beating it with the Megaton Hammer, so its not too bad. At least I'm progressing.

Edit: Chapter 4 is here, yay! Hope you guys enjoy the latest installment!  
[Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff