Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Guys! It's published! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:38 am
Firework For Fraidy Cats

4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:03 pm
My editing brain picked out a few things, but my regular brain enjoyed the article. Heck, I may need to put some of those tips in to practice someday!

Awesome job! <3  

Violaceous Vertigo

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:32 pm
Violaceous Vertigo
My editing brain picked out a few things, but my regular brain enjoyed the article. Heck, I may need to put some of those tips in to practice someday!

Awesome job! <3

The editors already worked on it. . - .  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm
Yeah, one thing I immediately spotted was "alright," which is not a word and should be "all right." But besides the editors' slip-up, very nice article. smile  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:30 pm
Reeves
Yeah, one thing I immediately spotted was "alright," which is not a word and should be "all right." But besides the editors' slip-up, very nice article. smile

Actually, alright is one of those words that, while kinda incorrect, has pretty much been accepted as a word on it's own. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Most of the things I noticed were things that sounded kind of vague or unclear.

And yeah, I want to do proofreading as a job in the future, so it's kind of hard for me not to start trying to correct things when I read them...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:37 pm
Ugh, I'm sorry I want to point out little things to help, but I also don't want to take away from how awesome it is for you to have your work published!

Seriously, I'm a nitpicky b*****d. Don't worry about me. Keep being awesome!

PS: KITTEHS!  

Violaceous Vertigo

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:40 pm
Violaceous Vertigo
Ugh, I'm sorry I want to point out little things to help, but I also don't want to take away from how awesome it is for you to have your work published!

No, no. It's ok. 4laugh
I know what you mean, I think.

It's my first piece, I usually write for my blog and I'm a little bit more messier with that. Not super messy or something. I went through it thousands of times, and two editors looked over it as well.

In all honesty, I was very nervous to publish it.

But what exactly sounded vague/unclear?
I'd like to know, to prevent it in the future.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:52 pm
Funklepuss
Violaceous Vertigo

No, no. It's ok. 4laugh

It's my first piece, I usually write for my blog and I'm a little bit more messier with that. Not super messy or something. I went through it thousands of times, and two editors looked over it as well.

Ok, I put on my editing glasses (that's what I call it when I really get down to editing. Similar to my bossypants, but less likely to result in someone hating me.)

I ended up copying and pasting the thing to word and making notes and tracking changes. Do you have microsoft word? sweatdrop  

Violaceous Vertigo

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:12 pm
Violaceous Vertigo
Funklepuss
Violaceous Vertigo

No, no. It's ok. 4laugh

Ok, I put on my editing glasses (that's what I call it when I really get down to editing. Similar to my bossypants, but less likely to result in someone hating me.)

I ended up copying and pasting the thing to word and making notes and tracking changes. Do you have microsoft word? sweatdrop

I think I do, yes. C:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 pm
Man, I would love to be a proofreader. It'd be a near perfect job for a writer like me. 3nodding  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:53 am
Reeves
Man, I would love to be a proofreader. It'd be a near perfect job for a writer like me. 3nodding

I rather be the writer. and let others fix my stuff. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:25 am
Funklepuss
Reeves

Pshhh, I'll be both. You can be both. cool  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:00 am
Reeves
Funklepuss
Reeves

Doubt it. My English grammatical and such isn't great.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:12 pm
Funklepuss
Reeves
Funklepuss
Reeves

Now, I do love to write, but I kind of consider writing and proofreading to be two totally different things in my mind. They make me happy for different reasons.

Anyway, I thought I had a way to just host the file online so you could download it, but I can't remember my username or password for this one place...

I could always just e-mail it to you.  

Violaceous Vertigo

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 pm
Violaceous Vertigo
Funklepuss
Reeves
Funklepuss
Reeves

Now, I do love to write, but I kind of consider writing and proofreading to be two totally different things in my mind. They make me happy for different reasons.

Anyway, I thought I had a way to just host the file online so you could download it, but I can't remember my username or password for this one place...

I could always just e-mail it to you.

diandavangunst@hotmail.com
You can email it to me. 4laugh  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out