0%  [ 0 ]
As long as it has Johny Young Bosch in it
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

tadpolily
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:17 pm
Viz Media announced that Tiger and Bunny will be getting an English Dub!
They are currently in the pre production phase.
Who would you like to see be the voices of our favorite characters?
And do you hope they do a good job (if you don't mind dubs)?
Rant or squeal 4laugh with joy below
Link to article: Tiger and Bunny Tv Anime to get English Dub  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:08 am
I think that this is great. With a dub they can reach a much bigger audience with an english release of DVDs. With more people seeing the show there will be more people falling in love with it.  

Stingdragon

Shirtless Autobiographer

8,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

tadpolily
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:27 pm
Stingdragon
I think that this is great. With a dub they can reach a much bigger audience with an english release of DVDs. With more people seeing the show there will be more people falling in love with it.

Definitely, especially seeing how Tiger and Bunny isn't your run of the mill anime and has a very western feel to it  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:45 pm
I just hope the dubs aren't as bad as the Durarara!! dubs (and they were horrible in my opinion)...  

Meia15

Codebreaking Genius

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Uruha_the gazettE
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 pm
I hate dubs.I actually wanted this series to not have a sub and to let it be..but since this series is a cash cow i just knew it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 pm
Yay! It's set in an English speaking place, so English dubs sound good to me. If Viz is doing it, then I'm not worried.

I don't really have any realistic dream dubs. I always go crazy and say the cast of X-Men or something like that.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I forgot to say this. I see English dubs as icing now, since the GOOD companies have the Japanese dubs and subtitles anyway. I hope Viz'll have cool extras with the DVDs like a toy or poster or something.

The BAD companies with English dub only releases aren't going to be bought by me. *glares at 4Kids and Pokemon Co.*  

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Skeletons On Parade

Rainbow Nerd

12,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 pm
As long as Vic Mignogna is nowhere on it, I'll be 100% okay with it. :3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:05 pm
Strawberry Spring
As long as Vic Mignogna is nowhere on it, I'll be 100% okay with it. :3

Haha it's sad but true. I used to like the guy but now his voice has shown up in so many places it's just got annoying  

tadpolily
Vice Captain

Sweet Dreams Demyx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:43 pm
Meia15
I just hope the dubs aren't as bad as the Durarara!! dubs (and they were horrible in my opinion)...

I completely agree with you there. I was okay with the voice acting choices for Shizuo and Izaya, but everyone else was painful to listen to, in my opinion. >___< Hopefully the dub for this series is better. They're such strong characters, and the Japanese voices were perfectly matched to those characters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 pm
The dub has to AMAZING or it's no go for me lol XD
I just can't think of anyone who could fit for Kotetsu and Barnaby though. Their voices are pretty distinctive.
Gotta have that lisp whoever does Barnaby's voice surprised  

the other j3lly b3an

Sparkly Lunatic

Zizima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:46 pm
*Groan* English dubbing... gonk Every english dubbing I've heard has been a total rape to the ears. I don't even live in an english-speaking country so I prefer to stay away from the english dubs. But yeah, almost every popular anime-series is bound to get english dubs so can't avoid it in the case of T&B either.
Only good thing in the english dub I can think of is that Barnaby's english at the end of the episodes will finally sound like english. XD "Ignouraansu is breeess" pfff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:02 am
Zizima
*Groan* English dubbing... gonk Every english dubbing I've heard has been a total rape to the ears. I don't even live in an english-speaking country so I prefer to stay away from the english dubs. But yeah, almost every popular anime-series is bound to get english dubs so can't avoid it in the case of T&B either.
Only good thing in the english dub I can think of is that Barnaby's english at the end of the episodes will finally sound like english. XD "Ignouraansu is breeess" pfff

Then what of Kotetsu's struggling with the titles?
Will the English get rid of that? Because that would be boring.

Also.
I am also afraid for a dub (they actually caused me to dislike some series because of how bad they sound and how popular said bad voices are). People should just stick to the gold that is the sub.
"Reach a larger audience" my foot. Folks need to practice reading. B[  

Barna Buns

Zizima

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:20 am
Slackadaisical
Zizima

Also.
I am also afraid for a dub (they actually caused me to dislike some series because of how bad they sound and how popular said bad voices are). People should just stick to the gold that is the sub.

I thought the very same thing. D: That would be a CRIME, I tell you. It totally wouldn't be the same if Kotetsu's english voice tried to make it sound like as if he couldn't pronounce english words. Just, what?
And I actually loved Barnaby's english, how they wanted to make him sound like a master compared to Kotetsu's stammering but pfffaahaha his performance isn't so good either. XD I can't keep on living when the pleasure of listening to Barnaby's super-japanese-engrishu is taken from me.

*Nods* I totally agree with you. Kotetsu's and Barnaby's voices (and everyone else's, 'course but especially theirs) are simply perfect like that, I think it's impossible for any english voiceactor to sound even nearly as good. But ahaha yah, this is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:05 pm
Zizima
Slackadaisical
Zizima

Also.

I thought the very same thing. D: That would be a CRIME, I tell you. It totally wouldn't be the same if Kotetsu's english voice tried to make it sound like as if he couldn't pronounce english words. Just, what?
And I actually loved Barnaby's english, how they wanted to make him sound like a master compared to Kotetsu's stammering but pfffaahaha his performance isn't so good either. XD I can't keep on living when the pleasure of listening to Barnaby's super-japanese-engrishu is taken from me.

*Nods* I totally agree with you. Kotetsu's and Barnaby's voices (and everyone else's, 'course but especially theirs) are simply perfect like that, I think it's impossible for any english voiceactor to sound even nearly as good. But ahaha yah, this is just my opinion.

Maybe they would give him a Japanese accent...?
OH GAWD NO. It'll be like the Hetalia dub all over again...! *despair*

I would actually prefer for a subbed version to be shown on tv rather than a dubbed one. I'm not very familiar with Viz's dubbing, but I do they whore out Johnny Yong Bosch like nobody's business. B[

Nah, it's not your opinion. It is TRUTH. ;D  

Barna Buns

tadpolily
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:53 pm
Zizima
Slackadaisical
Zizima

Also.

Trying to dub Barnaby's or Kotetsu's voice will be incredibly hard. I usually do not notice voices as much with subs but the voice actors were really talented and unique in the way they presented the lines.  
Tiger & Bunny

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff