Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Information / Forms [ Setting, NPC List, Customs ect ]
FAQ and Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sidekickaa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:51 am
FAQ AND SUGGESTIONS

The more in depth version of FAQ is all here!

Still have a burning question about SA we haven't covered? Ask us here or in the main thread!

Or maybe you have an awesome idea for the shop. Drop it off here as well to let us know o 3ob

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:10 am
CHARACTER RELATED

How many kids can I have?
For now, three. Your first one must be at least sidekick stage already before your second character slot is available. The same goes with your third, you need to have both previous characters at sidekick level before this slot is open, UNLESS, the event you want to win the character in says otherwise.

What ages should I make them?
Between 6 - 60 is fine. Please try not to go to the extreme ends though... Geriatric Lad is just very strange......
When creating your rookie, please make sure they're below 16 unless you have a really good reason for making them older.

Hey hey my kid's growing up to his next stage, can I age him? Even though its really weird and all???
I know its a bit bizarre timewise that some kids are suddenly older than the rest, but REMEMBER, we operate like a 60s cartoon. Don't try to make too much sense out of things or your head will explode. Just take it easy and go with the flow

That said, I'm setting the ageing ranges as follows. If you wish to change your baby's age, please make a record of it in your journal!

Rookie to Sidekick: 1 - 4 years
Sidekick to Hero: 2 - 7 years

If you want to go beyond these ranges, you'll need to give me an excellent reason why it must be so. Otherwise, please stick to the guidelines. Likewise, ageing is optional if your rookie-going-sidekick is somewhat old already but bottomline is, exercise some common sense yeah? No 16 year old heroes.

Can I call my sidekick Superboy? He's not really Superboy though, just... you know.
If it will create confusion with another well known established superhero, then no. A-listers like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, anyone who has/is going to have a live-action movie is off limits.
Wouldn't you want something unique though?

Are these kids RP required? Very heavy RP requirements...?
It will be RP heavy if you're dedicated (and love us very much). Otherwise, all we ask is that you meet some very simple requirements.
Show us you're still aware of our existence by at least posting in the main thread once in two months. And since you have a kid all fleshed out here, at least post a proper RP in the guild once in three months.

So what happens if I don't post in the thread for two months? Or post an RP in the guild for three months? Huh huh?
Well... we want to see you alive and active, that's all.
If you don't post in thread for two months, or post a guild RP for three months, we'll send out a PM to ask where you are and tell you we miss you. If there's still no activity from you after six months, we'll have to deal with your character.

If you're only going on a hiatus but plan to come back, please let us know so that we don't take your character away.

IC / OOC / RP RELATED

Since Rookies can be in Civilian Clothes or Hero Clothing...Do the students at the Academy know, generally, both identities of their fellow cadets?
To protect their identities, students usually don't reveal their civilian aliases, so when in academy they're almost always costumed.
Although, if they want to parade around as their civilian selves no one will stop them either, its just highly NOT recommended, since the school is regularly targeted by villains as well

Once a character has reached sidekick stage, do they still attend the academy?
As a general rule, most kids would continue to stick around. We're not gonna chain you down if you're bent on leaving though. o uo

Who's going to rp all of these villain people? :O
Mods, but only when the time calls for it. Otherwise, they're just there for you to "use" them in your rp if you need a bad guy, so like, just play them yourself * v*b

Can we sub in our own villain for a mission? Or do we need to get specific permission for it? Or can we just NOT do it period?
Yep you can use your own villain for a mission, if the mission doesn't specify you have to use a particular villain. No need to get permission either!

For an RP I need a villain with a (kinda poorly kept) secret civilian identity.
None of the available NPC villains will fit this role. Can I invent one?

Yes you can! It'll be your own villain that only appears in your character's solos and history.
Alternatively, if you'd like to share your villain with the rest of SA, you can drop his/her details off at the Villain Bank!

Dorm rooms. How big are they?
Communal bathrooms or ensuite?
Compact/collage dorm or campus residences?
Do they get bigger/nicer as you stay longer? How so?

Size wise, probably something like the example for compact dorm, or this, give or take a couple of square metres/yards etc
Bathrooms are communal.
Rooms are the compact/college dorm type.
And all the rooms are the same, so no nicer/worse no matter how long you stay (unless you're hero stage, then maybe...)

I don't have a roommate! I want a roommate how do I get one
Grab one for yourself mang, we won't be assigning roommates for you. You can post in thread to advertise your availability, or contact mori-zae and we'll try to arrange something if we can!

ETC QUESTIONS

I'd like to offer a pet trade with one of the staff! Can I can I?
If the both of you are agreeable and you promise to adhere to all shop rules, why not! 8D

Why 1971? Why not 1972? Or 1970?
idk its got a nice ring to it, don't you think? Like 1985, or 1969 8D

What's with the telephone?
Don't ask silly questions, go do your training. :U  

sidekickaa
Captain

sidekickaa
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:12 am
i will reserve this post  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 am
this one too  

sidekickaa
Captain

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 pm
Hope I'm allowed to post qestion....
Is RP required?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:49 am
Auric Halcyon
Hope I'm allowed to post qestion....
Is RP required?

Of course! And I think this will be RP heavy. biggrin  

Rika Mayumi
Crew

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:58 am
Auric Halcyon

it will be RP heavy if you're dedicated... otherwise all we ask is that you show activity, even if its just one post in the main thread or RP in guild * v*b

inactive characters will be rehomed/taken away/dealt with if you don't show any life in three months, yep, we'll send a warning PM beforehand

customs are unlikely to be rehomed though

and I will add this to FAQ, thank you for asking! 8D  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:30 pm
Since Rookies can be in Civilian Clothes or Hero Clothing...Do the students at the Academy know, generally, both identities of their fellow cadets?  

Souru

Questionable Shapeshifter

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:01 pm
Souru

aa I think staff and I discussed this but I forgot to announce it oops * v*;;

to protect their identities, students usually don't reveal their civilian aliases, so when in academy they're almost always costumed

although, if they want to parade around as their civilian selves no one will stop them either, its just highly unrecommended, since the school is regularly targeted by villains as well

I hope that answers your question! 8D  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 pm
mori-zae
Souru

aa I think staff and I discussed this but I forgot to announce it oops * v*;;

to protect their identities, students usually don't reveal their civilian aliases, so when in academy they're almost always costumed

although, if they want to parade around as their civilian selves no one will stop them either, its just highly unrecommended, since the school is regularly targeted by villains as well

I hope that answers your question! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
NO IT DIDN'T! >8U

Lol, kidding.
Thanks~ :'3

Souru

Questionable Shapeshifter

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

melona-pan

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm
question/suggestion!

once a character has reached sidekick stage, do they still attend the academy?

if they don't maybe the point requirement from rookie to sidekick should be raised a little? i know a lot of people are close to getting 10 points already xD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:22 pm
m e a m e a a
question/suggestion!

once a character has reached sidekick stage, do they still attend the academy?

if they don't maybe the point requirement from rookie to sidekick should be raised a little? i know a lot of people are close to getting 10 points already xD

uhh hmm
well, I never intended for the academy to be like formal education or anything, so I suppose the answer would be no, they don't have to 8D

also raising point requirements, is it because people are progressing too fast lmao.... How high do you think it should be raised, if we actually decide to do so?

this is mori btw  

sidekickaa
Captain

Andraia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:30 am

I was wondering about the point requirement as well because, well, with it being 10 points and RPs counting for 3 points a piece all you need is your journal, your intro and three RPs. A few of us are at least in, though not completed, two RPs already. At this rate a lot of us will be ready for sidekick before the summer is out! When I think about what reaching sidekick level I assume it means that the teachers believe that your character is ready for some field testing (assuming that during the rookie stage you are more or less academy-bound). Having the reqs so low kind of makes it feel like a student only needs to show up to become a sidekick.

My suggestions would be:
>> Raise the Rookie-to-Sidekick point requirement (maybe 15-20 points?) **
>> Lower the point reward for RPs (maybe 2 points?) (1 point for solos?) **
>> Allow other ways of earning points; ie. fanart (1 point each?)
>> >> Though limit the number of points that can be earned each way (Like over at TiH)
>> It looks like most of the 'missions' are going to be tailored for sidekicks, maybe create 'assignments' or 'projects' for rookies?
>> >> Sidekick's missions being more like... practical experience, and rookie's work being more like homework/practice
And on that note, maybe make some (though maybe not all) assignments available to rookies being available to sidekicks since, presumably, they are still 'in school' as well. And not to mention that not all sidekicks would really dig doing the action type stuff and/or might be more the intellectual/hero support typeset.

** If you needed 20 points to reach sidekick level and RPs were worth 2 points a pop, then you would need eight RPs (+ journal and arrival at academy solo) which you could supplement by doing homework/projects/classes/etc for varying point values. Getting through eight RPs might take a while (my guess anywhere from two to four months for people who are making at least a partial effort) but how fast do you want people to progress through the stages? When you look at it that way 20 points doesn't seem like all that much. In my opinion anyway XD .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:30 am
AndrAIa

I was wondering about the point requirement as well because, well, with it being 10 points and RPs counting for 3 points a piece all you need is your journal, your intro and three RPs. A few of us are at least in, though not completed, two RPs already. At this rate a lot of us will be ready for sidekick before the summer is out! When I think about what reaching sidekick level I assume it means that the teachers believe that your character is ready for some field testing (assuming that during the rookie stage you are more or less academy-bound). Having the reqs so low kind of makes it feel like a student only needs to show up to become a sidekick.

My suggestions would be:
>> Raise the Rookie-to-Sidekick point requirement (maybe 15-20 points?) **
>> Lower the point reward for RPs (maybe 2 points?) (1 point for solos?) **
>> Allow other ways of earning points; ie. fanart (1 point each?)
>> >> Though limit the number of points that can be earned each way (Like over at TiH)
>> It looks like most of the 'missions' are going to be tailored for sidekicks, maybe create 'assignments' or 'projects' for rookies?
>> >> Sidekick's missions being more like... practical experience, and rookie's work being more like homework/practice
And on that note, maybe make some (though maybe not all) assignments available to rookies being available to sidekicks since, presumably, they are still 'in school' as well. And not to mention that not all sidekicks would really dig doing the action type stuff and/or might be more the intellectual/hero support typeset.

** If you needed 20 points to reach sidekick level and RPs were worth 2 points a pop, then you would need eight RPs (+ journal and arrival at academy solo) which you could supplement by doing homework/projects/classes/etc for varying point values. Getting through eight RPs might take a while (my guess anywhere from two to four months for people who are making at least a partial effort) but how fast do you want people to progress through the stages? When you look at it that way 20 points doesn't seem like all that much. In my opinion anyway XD .

lol I actually considered the fanart thing but then
I/mea/the other shop artists already do fanart for a lot of you guys so IDK 8D;;

also, mission wise we haven't uh... had a chance to come up with those yet OTL;;
but good point about the project/assignment/fieldwork thing! We'll keep that in mind when coming up with prompts (or I'll just leave it open to suggestions in thread or something, later)

points; discussing right now O uO

Thanks for the suggestions! * v*b <3  

sidekickaa
Captain

melona-pan

Cute Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 pm
sidekickaa

uhh hmm
well, I never intended for the academy to be like formal education or anything, so I suppose the answer would be no, they don't have to 8D

also raising point requirements, is it because people are progressing too fast lmao.... How high do you think it should be raised, if we actually decide to do so?

this is mori btw

okay true * A* i was under the impression it was more... hogwartsy? LMAO but no okay cool :3

um idk? 20 for sidekick? D: but yeah people progress super fast i think because normal rps = 3 points? maybe lower that? idek ;w;

so lol pretty much everything andy said  
Information / Forms [ Setting, NPC List, Customs ect ]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces