Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Making Friends On the Other Side

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:45 pm
User ImageThe sun was setting, and Upholi was getting ready to head out with the other gatherers to . . . well, gather. She thought today was just going to be a regular hunt, but before she went out she wanted to check with all of the Houngan and Poupe and anyone who might possibly need something for a ritual. She didn't want anyone to go without when it came to serving the Loa. After all, that was what her job was, to serve the Loa in her own small way. Since she was incapable of doing anything better.

She saw a Poupe near her, and called over to her.
"Is there anything special you need the Gatherers to get for you before you head out?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 pm
User Image

Kialio lay under the shade of a thorn tree, its branches strung with good luck charms. It was her ritual to sit under this tree early each evening and contemplate on nothing. Usually she sat under it for an hour, sometimes more, sometimes until the stars came out. When Upholi arrived she had already been under the tree for some time. Her ears flicked forward and she opened her eyes, blinking in the heady red light.

She did not know this gatherer. She felt that she should, especially given that cheetahs were an uncommon sight around here. Her tail flicked in minor agitation. She shook her head. "No, thank you."

After a moment's thought she stood, stretching her legs. "I think I'll come with you. I haven't gone out with the gatherers in a few days."

The real reason she wanted to go out was to learn this gatherer's name. It bothered her whenever she met someone whose name she did not know, since she prided herself on knowing the names of most of the pride members.

Sergeant Sargent

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 pm
Upholi looked surprised and a bit alarmed when the Poupe announced she was going to join her on her and the other Gatherers on the hunt. Upholi held all the more spiritual pride members in awe. After all, the Poupes and the Houngan and . . . well, everyone else had such a personal connection with the Loa. Upholi couldn't hear the Loa. Maybe it was because she was a cheetah, or maybe it was because she hadn't been born into their pride, but she was acutely aware of her status as a less-than. Or at least, that's how she thought of it.

"Oh- of course. You're welcome to come on a hunt with us! Um, we're Gathering over to the east to organize and receive our targets, if you want to follow me."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 pm
Kia did not feel so privileged. She would have been content to live out her days as a simple guard had the spirits not chosen her. Sometimes she wondered why they chose cubs instead of older lions, for it seemed so unfair to lose her dream of becoming a guard at such a young age. She would have liked to hold onto it for a little while. She supposed she could have become a guard regardless of what her parents and community thought, but she would have felt guilty about going against their wishes and would not have been happy.

The cheetah's reaction caught her somewhat off guard. She offered a reassuring smile, unsure of what was wrong but too polite to pry. "Alright," she said, going to Upholi's side. "By the way, my name's Kialio."

Sergeant Sargent

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 pm
"I'm Upholi. I'm the pride's orphan."
Upholi didn't look right at the lioness as she walked. She was kind of lonely in the big pride, where so many family ties were important and she had just . . . stumbled in to being there. She didn't think the other cheetah in the pride was even aware of her existence.

"If you want to come with me, I think we're just going after food today. Yesterday I had to herd rabbits into a holding pen for sacrifices, but tonight's hunt should be much simpler then that."

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games