Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Parker School For Gifted Students (aka Hero High!)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay in which kids with superpowers can find themselves. 

Tags: school, roleplay, superhero, Heroes, comics 

Reply Hero High Main
Winter Holidays Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuperheroJellyfish
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry for the quality... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:14 pm
Hector nodded, a blank look on his face, staring off into the trees, "Yeah, I just thought that maybe... if you weighed the same, but were stronger, you could make wings and fly." He flapped his arms to show what he meant, and then pointed towards Anya. "You're blushing a lot, are you alright?"

((Well, the theme of this winter seems to be romance, and all of my characters are incredibly socially akward...))  

yksyeknom

SuperheroJellyfish
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:08 am
[[They are indeed... But I wouldn't say that's the theme, really. Anya's not flirting intentionally, btw, if it looks like she's flirting. She's really not.]]

Anya blushed even more, embarrassed that Hector has pointed out that she was blushing. "I... um... I don't talk to people much. Mainly, um, animals. And trees." She frowned, now annoyed that he'd pointed out how socially inept she was. "It's rude to point; I know that much."
She was half-tempted to turn into a squirrel - or maybe a deer - and storm off into the woods.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 am
Hector's face kept the exact same expression as he spoke, still staring off over the other two student's shoulders, "What does talking to animals and trees have to do with blushing a lot? Blushing is when the blood in your body moves to your face. If you blush too often, it may mean you're sick."  

yksyeknom

Grandmaster Allan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:24 pm
Desperate to take some pressure off of Anya, Alex moved to change the subject. "I know I ain't muscular, or really handsome for that matter, but appearences aren't everything. And yes, I do get heavier, much heavier, I normally weigh 110 pounds, after I change, I weigh over 300."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 am
Anya's blush had gone to pale white with silent rage, but her face returned to its normal shade as Alex spoke. She smiled ever-so-slightly at Alex as a thank you, then spoke. "Well that makes sense. I mean, you are pretty much all muscle when you, um, change, and muscle's a lot denser than fat... but you probably knew that..." She stayed looking directly at him, deliberately only seeing a glimpse of Hector in her peripheral vision. She didn't often get angry, but when she did it took a while to calm down, and she didn't want to make a fool of herself in front of Alex - one of the few people she'd actually had a proper conversation with in quite a while - by turning into a squirrel and clawing at Hector's face.

[[That should be a GIF... xD]]  

SuperheroJellyfish
Crew

Eisette
Vice Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:15 pm
Jo blinked as she saw a pale figure by the side of the lake. She directed her skates towards her, and stopped short of the snow drift that formed the side of the lake.
"Well, hey there." She said, her friendly American accent wobbling slightly as she shivered, looking directly at Liette. "I'm Jo. You look pretty new, huh?" Jo's wide brown eyes were warm, and as she spoke she tossed her silky golden curls over her shoulder. Her nose was pink from the cold, and she rubbed her forearms, trying to lessen the shivers running through her body.
Ain't I silly for forgetting a jacket in this weather, huh? She thought to herself, knowing her v-neck sweater and skinnies were a bad choice, with a mental chuckle.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 pm
((A what?))
"Are you all right? You're changing colors alot." Alex puts his hand on Anya's forehead to check her temperature. "Hmm, you don't feel like you're running a fever." He sits back against the tree, keeping an eye on Anya. "So, any ideas on what we do now? Frankly, I suggest we go inside."  

Grandmaster Allan

SuperheroJellyfish
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 pm
[[A .gif image.]]

Anya suppressed another blush as Alex touched her forehead, focusing instead on the swirling snow.
"I'm fine." The previously delicate snowfall was turning into an icy blizzard, sharp flakes battering the treetops and the ground not sheltered by the trees.
"I second that, though. Blizzards are one thing I really don't miss about living outside." She let out a soft laugh, too much like a bark to be musical, and braced herself for the snow. Stepping out into the storm, she gave herself a second to get acclimatised to the flecks of bitter-cold driving themselves at her cheeks and neck, before turning to Alex. "Coming?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:04 pm
Liette grinned at Jo's clothes; at the fact that she was brave enough to skate dressed like that.
"Yeah, I've only been here a few days." she replied, her accent thicker as she spoke loudly enough to be heard over the snow. "Are yeh cold?"
Liette herself didn't really feel the cold; the result of a childhood spent swimming in pretty much Arctic conditions.

SuperheroJellyfish
Crew

Grandmaster Allan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:27 pm
"Right behind you." Alex lept up and walked close to Anya, pulling the collar of his trenchcoat and slipping his hands into his pockets. He occasionally shot a glance at Anya, then looking straight ahead of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 pm
((@Moon_Spider: Welcome to the guild! Just to get you started, here are a few pointers on your post. Firstly, remember that everything is written in past tense, except thought, which is shown in italics. For example, your sentence would read 'She WAS still shaking from the cold outside and WAS embarrassed to see' etc.
Secondly, please be sure to check your spelling before posting; it only takes a second, and makes it so much easier for people reading your post to understand it - such as your misspelling of 'visibly' and 'embarrassing'.
Thirdly, paragraph-form; because this is a semi-literate role-play, posts must be AT LEAST a paragraph long, meaning a lot MORE than three sentences. Even if it's just details on your characters feelings, it adds quality to the writing.
With those in mind, you should become well integrated into the role-play in no time! Thanks, and welcome! :]
Also, PLEASE specify who you're talking to in your post! Right now all the characters are ignoring you because we don't know where you are! xD))

Jo smiled back, her straight white teeth standing out against tanned skin that glistened as ignored snow flakes melted on it.
"Oh, new meat! What's your name?" She asked, tilting her head slightly in her customarily inquisitive way. "Yeah, I'm a little cold, but I adore skating so much; I've literally only just noticed the snow!" She giggled, and shook her head, brushing at snowflakes that had settled in the unruly gold curls that framed her face. Jo's eyes lit up as she finally matched up Liette's accent in her head.
"Oh, you're from Scotland, right?" She said excitedly, her own L.A. accent thick as she spoke. Jo always loved the variety of different cultures and backgrounds to be discovered in Hero High, and she wasn't even fully used to the very different weather that the British countryside presented. Even after several terms here, everything was surprising to Jo; she was the type of girl who revelled in each new thing.  

Eisette
Vice Captain

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Hero High Main

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers