Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((OOC Thread)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic fans, anyone?
  Hellz Yeah
  Hellz No
  Sonic who?
  The Hedgehog you dolt! :P
View Results

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:01 am
Link to the RP thread.

Just thought of a fun side-thing for us to do. I just listened to this song and found a translation of the lyrics, and it really speaks to me of the fragile state my character is in. I was thinking we could put up songs that we feel describe how our characters are right now, and then put up another based on how we are aiming for them to be when they are changed by the events of the story. It would preferably be something bold and emotional like the song I just put up, and could be in any language, so long as a translation of the lyrics is put up as well so we can understand the emotion of it.

For example:

Right now, and from the beginning of the RP, Gio has had these kinds of underlying feelings: Re:Birth by Acid Black Cherry
The song is in Japanese, so here is the translation.

But, by the end, I want him to be more like: It's Not My Time by Three Doors Down.

This thread would also be a good place for general chat between all of us, and a place for all of us to discuss, debate, vote, and plan plot points.

This is really the best RP I have ever had, you guys, and I hope we can see it to fruition. You all are great roleplayers and your characters are amazing. I feel lucky to have gotten all of the right people for this story. Also, I may at some point decide to create a full novelization of our roleplay, if I can muster up the motivation, so I'll let you all know if I make any progress on that. You all can be my review board.

((Chat besides the RP is also perfectly fine, if we all want to discuss personal interests and such.))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 am
Hello all. ^^ I'm having a lot of fun with this rp smile I used to be a heavy rp-er on Gaia, but got burnt out and took a, er, 2 year break. This is my first rp since coming back and I haven't regretted it yet :b

As far as the rp, my apologizes on being so mysterious, everything will come out in due time!  

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200

hinastar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:36 am
Hey there. Im new to the rp. I really like it a lot. Im still a little confused but hope i can catch up. Where exactly is everyone in the rp now? im having some trouble posting.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 am
Yeah, we have a good group of roleplayers here.

hinastar, most of the characters are in Tylem in some bar/tavern type place.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 am
Hi everyone! : D
I'll throw it out there now that I love this RP.
I'm really excited about it. and I don't think it'll die either, so that makes me especially happy.
maybe sometime in the future of the RP she'll stop being so hostile....I'm not sure though
but being so ridiculously emotional and mean is turning out to be fun to write XD
You guys are rad.
Peace >  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm
Alright. Thanks a bunch for the info Scythe.  

hinastar

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:09 pm
So, does anyone have any ideas for the first step in their adventure together? Miya should probably mention that their primary goal should be gathering all the shards of the Fate Crystal, but that would be once the whole thing between Jolyre and the Dragoni brothers is done.

In terms of the first enemy, I was thinking of it being the Black Hand group that Dreiyan introduced from Metrino. A criminal syndicate/organization of cyborgs would be an excellent plot device until we can introduce something else to keep it going.

If anyone else has an idea, I'd be welcome to hear it, since I would definitely prefer to have the Black Hand as a later enemy, since they seem to be more qualified as a later foe than a first. But, if we have nothing else to go with, that's what we can use.

I hope everyone voices an opinion on this, that way nobody's thoughts are neglected.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:05 pm
small correction to post please, Black Claided. That wasn't a reply to Miya's question. That was an inward thought...Idk if I put italics on it or not but I'll go fix.

Glad to be in a Final Fantasy RP, I've searched for a long time trying to find one. This actually has enough freedom for me to branch out some stuff while keeping to a mysterious and interesting storyline that Draconia has so kindly set up for us.

No objections to the Blackhand crime syndicate, but that will come later.

Welcome all to the RP! Now someone go summon up an Earth Bearer!

EDIT: ...it occurs to me that this whole time I've been calling it the Lightning Crystal instead of Thunder Crystal....oops XD  

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Denyala

Stone-cold Lunatic

10,150 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:30 pm
Yeah, I'll pm you Draconia to work out what Miya could tell/reveal to the group for when the time comes.

As far as the first enemy, the Black Hand group would probably be a nice start. Perhaps we can have each character introduce an enemy for the group when the time comes. It would be a nice way to get out character background info. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 pm
I'm sure it's a major plot point long-since planned,
but upon resolving her anger towards the Dragonis, the next logical opponent for Jolyre seems to be the Glorion Crystalis...
Maybe it's just me....but I'm getting a very corrupted vibe from them.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:04 pm
More than you know, and in a manner you cannot yet fathom. twisted Corrupted, yes, I'll admit to that, but how they are corrupted and to what extent will be my little secret. Though you, Lythe, will be privy to some of it earlier than the rest, due to being a member of Glorion Crystalis, and same to Denyala, due to her connections. Everyone else, enjoy the show when it comes about.

I already know exactly what I'm going to do for an enemy, but that's towards the very end of the story. But if we are going to be having every character bring in an enemy, then it would make sense to start with Tylem, so do you have any ideas, Claided?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:09 pm
Sorry I had not checked the thread out earlier, school and busy weekend and such.

I'll go fix up the post then, Dreiyan.

I was thinking about, maybe, mercenaries are being the closest to home. Alane wanted to be one so she'd keep in touch with a group of them, and they needing help with an opposing force who had a Fate shard. (Sort of like an errand, I guess, not too sure how you'll like it. Seemed cooler in my head. >.<)
But I really like that Blackhand idea, very cool. I'm going to look around and see if anyone would like to be the Earth Bearer, because I would think the next thing would be to go into the forest to search for them.

This is my first major rp, besides the little ones that I did in a friend run guild. So I'm really exited, and can't wait to hone my rp-ing skills. I also hope to become a better writer, and this is fun practice.  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:51 pm
Fun fact! Harrier is my perception of Mercedes Lackey's Harrier Gillain; Slekin swords, attitude, climate and all. He was my favorite character out of the series (they are really good books) and when I read about Tylem I was thinking 'That's him!'
Alane is a younger version of my own dear-to-heart assassin time weaver, while she was still daring enough to tackle a dragon. I figured that she would be the perfect companion to Harrier, and an opposite in all style, and a fun addition to the crew.

I want Alane to go from: Paint the Seconds- Chevelle
A person wanting to change into something right now so she can get it right for later; impatient for it to happen and cocky about it.

To-Ready to Fall- Rise Against
Freer and willing to give it all, realizing what she has is good enough and that far worse can happen when you're alone.

I'm pretty sure Harrier will stay most of the same throughout; having already seen a lot of things. But if if comes to it I'll change his theme. Right now he's Palladio; strong and bold, but musical and tranquil.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:33 pm
Very good idea, Claided. That definitely seems the sort of thing that would be good for a first adventure. The idea could definitely be more fleshed out once we actually reach it, but for now, it's a great idea to work towards. Are all in agreement?

Oh, and man, I'm certainly hitting people in the face with stuff out of nowhere, ain't I? I hope you don't mind me taking that little liberty, Lythe, but I definitely have something in mind in making Jolyre's mother the previous Bearer.  

Draconia Crystalis

U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces