Welcome to Gaia! ::

+The Open Gate+

Back to Guilds

A Guild for those wishing to learn more about Christianity. 

Tags: Christianity, Bible, Chating, Questions 

Reply +Introductions and What Not+
The worst of words.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rigormortis Metamorphosis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am
"You ain't Christian are you?"

I never wanna see these words in our guild. I saw them in another guild directed to one of our members here, but that's be side the point. These are words that should never ever be said to anyone.

Yeah, they may not have the same view/out looks on Christianity like you, but still that is no reason to say them to any one. This is also the reason I don't want to make a homosexual debate thread because that is where these words popped up.

We all have our views on said topic, but that is a topic that gets by far to heated to quickly. So those views should just stay with you not in a thread.

-Rig.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 pm
I agree...I don't want to see them either!  

starfishluvsu

Riiko..Izawa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 pm
I agree. I can totally understand that.

Thanks a bundle~!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 am
Your welcome.  

Captain

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 am
Ugh. I especially hate it when they say hateful things concerning other religions. My grandfather is a Catholic, and when people say false things about Catholics, I consider it an attack against my family and I take it very personal.

I've decided to report anyone who speaks ill of Catholics and says horrible things, to Gaian mods for abuse and or harrassment, and also to guild captains and mods. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm
Well that is the way to do it. If you see someone saying something that hurts you, you need to let others know.  

Captain

starfishluvsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 pm
Agreed!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:21 pm
its kind of hypocritical, because its not really the "Christian" thing to do. Take care care of the plank in your eye before you condemn your brother for the speck in his. (yeah i know i probably butchered that verse.)  

Rishon
Vice Captain

Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:59 pm
'Why do you seek the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own?...' [I just copied it from the guild rules. ^ ^]  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 pm
Rishon
its kind of hypocritical, because its not really the "Christian" thing to do. Take care care of the plank in your eye before you condemn your brother for the speck in his. (yeah i know i probably butchered that verse.)

Yeah, it is hypocritical....  

starfishluvsu

ferret658

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 am
Where in the Bible does it say, "Thou shalt not tattle."? It doesn't bother me that people get stuff wrong about Christianity because we can always give them a link to a verse on Biblegateway that flat out counters any false accusations they may have brough to the table.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm
I guess I'll have to be the controversial one here. I would disagree to the degree that we ought to love one another enough that if the faith of one of us is questionable, he should be confronted of it. In this day and age, it's too easy to be deceived with so many false teachers spewing a lot of watered-down and personal gospels. I've met too many people who are like this, and it almost breaks my heart to see people so blind to the Truth. This is not an issue of judging each other, but rather it's an issue of being able to identify and distinguish between those of God's elect and those who are still lost. If we are not able to do this, how then can we find the blind ones within our own church?  

falsethreats

Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 pm
I can see where your coming from Falsethreats. Sometimes questioning someones faith is necessary, but I don't think that just blatantly saying it that harshly is necessary, mostly when the person who said it was using curse words to yell at her moments before posting it.

(Sorry if that came our rude. ><)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 pm
I can see where your coming from Falsethreats. Sometimes questioning someones faith is necessary, but I don't think that just blatantly saying it that harshly is necessary, mostly when the person who said it was using curse words to yell at her moments before posting it.

(Sorry if that came our rude. ><)

You weren't being rude at all. 3nodding

Indeed, we must be careful to differentiate between judging and rebuking.  

falsethreats

Iceestar

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:41 am
Rishon

Don't worry I would have meesed it up even more. xd  
+Introductions and What Not+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces