Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Legend of Zelda Hangout ~ TLoZH

Back to Guilds

Fun for every Legend of Zelda Fan, both veteran and new, for over eight years~ 

Tags: legend of zelda, link, zelda, triforce, nintendo 

Reply The Arcade-General Gaming Discussion
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Discussion & Release Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited?!
  YEAH! A NEW GAME FOR MY EPIC LOZ COLLECTION! :D :D :D
  This looks like a nice way to spend the time waiting for the new Wii game.
  I dunno......I wasn't a big fan of PH or WW......
  I'll probably look into it!
View Results

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:05 pm
User Image

*a very edited first post*

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
RELEASE SCHEDULE
North America - December 7th
Australia - December 10th
Europe - December 11th
Japan - December 23rd

All dates are subject to change depending on the retailer.

PLOT SUMMARY - From Wikipedia

Spirit Tracks takes place several decades after the events of Phantom Hourglass. This is evidenced by the fact that Niko, the storyboard narrator from Phantom Hourglass, once again gives a short prologue at the beginning of the game. The game's setting is the now-established land Link and Tetra originally set out to discover at the end of The Wind Waker. Link is an apprentice engineer for the royal railroads, hoping to become a fully fledged rail tycoon. He learns from Princess Zelda that Spirit Tracks, ethereal railroads which not only serve as transportation but also seal an evil force, have started to disappear from the world. The tracks were used to seal the evil because it could not be killed -- instead, it was buried deep beneath Hyrule. Whilst investigating these disappearances, Link and Princess Zelda are ambushed by Chancellor Cole, a man who hopes to revive the Demon King Malladus, harbinger of the sealed evil. Cole attacks Zelda and kidnaps her body in order to utilize her powers. Cole's attack, however, brings about an interesting after-effect: Zelda's spirit becomes separated from her body, and few people other than Link are able to see her. She is forced to travel with Link as he attempts to restore the Spirit Tracks, stop Cole, and return Zelda to her body. Along the way, Zelda both rides atop the train with Link and also physically possesses Phantom Guardians to assist him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:01 pm
I dunno... it is around april fools day... and some of those gameplay scenes look like they hacked Phantom Hourglass.  

Flame Ultra Master

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:18 pm
I think this is legit, there's a trailer and everything and it was announced at GDC.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:07 pm
Oh s**t.

Trains?

D:
Tyler will DEFINITELY bug the piss out of me and MKZ if we get that game.

Hatchery

Revengineer
Crew

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm
Yessir. Hyrule will be driving Ford Model Ts in no time. 8D

I wasn't a big fan of Phantom Hourglass, and the dungeons in this game look like they're essentially going to play the same. But Nintendo knows how to push the same content on us, and they know I'm going to keep buying it. ;-;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:50 pm
I'm, uh, probably going to play it anyways...even though PH got annoying sometimes....

I uh actually still have to finish PH; I GOT STUCK DAMMIT

xD

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

-lunar-diamonds-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I showed the video to my dad before you posted it.

Here is the outcome:

"I'll buy that immediatley! 8D"

Yes, my dad is THAT awesome. XD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:21 pm
Oh, I knew about this for a long while (sorry I didn't tell anyone -_-; )
Trains...
This doesn't strike me as a great idea for LoZ, but who knows? It's Legend of Zelda after all, so maybe they'll pull it off.
But don't expect Hyrule to industrialize. We can rest assured that that will never happen.
- o- =3

Javlon

[.Torina.]
Captain

Aged Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:33 pm
Ha ha Javlon you're so ahead of the rest of us it's KUH-RAZY. kidding lol

If Hyrule industrializes and starts mowing down the forests and ruining the oceans I'm seriously gonna flip s**t.

lol NGH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:41 pm
He lives in Europe, that's why! Us North Americans are shut out of the dark for a good six months. (It took two months for Zeromancer to put out Sinners International on iTunes, and sign to an American record label, and it still hasn't made Canadian shelves! D:< It came out on my birthday for Chris'sakes!)

Haha, if that starts happening, I'm immediately going to laugh for a good ten minutes, and just picture many strong Hylian men with large beards and flannel shirts. Damn Canadians and their lumberjacks. D:
-is wearing a flannel shirt as she types this-

My dad might want to buy it. But he doesn't know how to work the DS. XD;; My sister still refuses to buy PH, I mean, what the ********? It's ZELDA! D:<

Flame her profile please.

kai-a-la-mundo

Revengineer
Crew

Aged Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 pm
Javlon
But don't expect Hyrule to industrialize. We can rest assured that that will never happen.

Why not? They've already shown an interest in the steam engine when it comes to boats (and now trains). Eventually they're going to want to apply it to other things.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 am
*suddenly envisions a Hyrule filled with skyscrapers and cars*

GAH

[.Torina.]
Captain

Aged Seeker

Koneko Momo-hime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:49 pm
I wonder if the train is magical in any way.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:22 pm
Probably. Unless it's just like the steam-powered ship all over again.

:/ Original? Twist? Who knows.

Akeyami
Vice Captain

Interesting Dabbler

XxcyanpilexX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:14 am
omg the game looks awsomeXD  
The Arcade-General Gaming Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash