Reply General Sports Discussion
Where will Manny end up? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronx Bombers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:54 pm
What team will Manny be on starting the regular season?

He just rejected the Dodgers offer of 1 year for 25 million.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Damn Manny should have just accepted the first offer of two years, 40 million. He better be playing by the beginning of the season.

And to answer the question I think he will be playing for the Dodgers.User Image

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bronx Bombers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:23 pm
Boston Sports Fan

Damn Manny should have just accepted the first offer of two years, 40 million. He better be playing by the beginning of the season.

And to answer the question I think he will be playing for the Dodgers.User Image

I think Manny might sign after ST with maybe the Dodgers, D-Backs or Nationals.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:38 pm
NY_27
Boston Sports Fan

Nationals? What makes you think that? Hm, I don't see him ending up with Arizona.User Image

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bronx Bombers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:48 pm
Boston Sports Fan
NY_27
Boston Sports Fan

Nationals? What makes you think that? Hm, I don't see him ending up with Arizona.User Image

Cause they got the money but I know Manny won't go there but it's a possibility.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:52 pm

I understand why they would want him but I could see him only signing there if they give that crazy contract he wants.User Image

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

BKLYN_22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 pm
I think he's going back to the Dodgers. He's going to take the highest offer on the table and is going to be the Dodgers.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm
BKLYN_22
I think he's going back to the Dodgers. He's going to take the highest offer on the table and is going to be the Dodgers.

So far he haven't accept s**t from the Dodgers.  

Bronx Bombers

BKLYN_22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 pm
NY_27
BKLYN_22

So far he haven't accept s**t from the Dodgers.

Yeah he probably thinks some team will come and give him what he wants and it's not going to happen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:43 pm
No team will pay him more than what hes been offered by the Dodgers. He will be offered a 1 year 30 million soon they say...  

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:05 pm
Nahtan-Syab
No team will pay him more than what hes been offered by the Dodgers. He will be offered a 1 year 30 million soon they say...

0.o That's absurd. The Dodgers should just him a 2-yr deal.User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:25 pm
Well, they offered him two years at $45 million, plus a third-year option for $15 million. But he didn't accept that.
Manny wants a four to five year deal, but most clubs are hesitant because he's about to turn 37. He's still a good player, but they don't want to have to worry about him running out of steam.

Despite all this drama he's causing, I really hope we get him back with the Dodgers. He made such a huge impact on the team, even though he wasn't there for that long.

Plus, I'm going to two of the Dodgers spring training games and want to see him there. Haha.

TheSkye

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 am
MysticalSkye
Well, they offered him two years at $45 million, plus a third-year option for $15 million. But he didn't accept that.
Manny wants a four to five year deal, but most clubs are hesitant because he's about to turn 37. He's still a good player, but they don't want to have to worry about him running out of steam.

Despite all this drama he's causing, I really hope we get him back with the Dodgers. He made such a huge impact on the team, even though he wasn't there for that long.

Plus, I'm going to two of the Dodgers spring training games and want to see him there. Haha.

I really want Manny to sign before the season starts. If he does sign with the Dodgers and makes it to Spring training, tell him I said hi... xD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:47 pm
Haha, will do.

I'm really hoping he'll sign before Spring Training. From the articles I've been reading on Dodgers.com it seems as though Colletti still wants him and has been working to reach some sort of agreement. I mean, I'm pretty sure the franchise has enough money, but it's the "Do we need him for that long?" that's keeping them hesitant. Especially without a DH position.

TheSkye

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:42 pm
i think he will go to the dodgers
because Manny has the dodgers whipped
they will soon give him what he wants and he will stay with LA  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash