Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:02 am
User Image

(Under construction heart )

As you get to know more about zOMG you start start to pick up and learn new (or old) tips and tricks along the way,
so I want you all to post whatever tips you may have regarding any aspect of zOMG that has become helpful for you
and will also be of any good help to other members and players (and especially the new ones *like me x3*)

The suggestions I'm after do NOT include those already said by Gaia help sections etc.
However if you take a little time to search the forums for help topics
and find good suggestions there, feel free to share with the rest of us ;D
Once you suggest something I'll edit this or my next post with your suggestion.

And just to get you motivated and involved even more with the pwnifying of this clan,
I'll be making this a weekly competition ;D There will be spot prizes too,
so the more you participate the more chances of you winning something)
Since this will be coming out of my own pocket don't expect pwnage prizes razz
(And truth be told I'm just too lazy myself to think or find any myself dramallama But hey! Everyone loves free stuff)

SO COME ON GUYS GET POSTING IN THOSE SUGGESTIONS <3

(Also note that this is an on-going project of mine and a bit of an experiment so bare with me XD)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:03 am
User Image

Work in progress since I have no suggestions of my own >//< And I used all my energy making the header XD)...I probably should have use the first pages posts for all this XD

BEGINNERS HELP

When you are at the part in the sewers instead of running off to find Gramsters go down from the beginning map till you see two Peelungers then go left and there will be 3-5 Gramsters in that area! -Submitted by Tony Dark

In sewers Gramsters are aggressive they follow where ever you go if you just get caught up once, so try to avoid them if you wanna quickly get out of sewers -Submitted by Dante

In the sewers, don't forget to destroy crates as give orbs, gold and maybe even a ring if you're lucky -Submitted by Dante

BATTLE

Make sure to have a Divinity ring with you whenever you go to high-level areas. You'll need them for those long fights and healing in-between tough battles. Submitted by Fourteenth

If you dont have rings that does damage to multiple foes try to draw enemy one by one and attack if thats not possible try to attack as many foes as possible till your health drops to 40 and then run near any of the npc's area (The animated will follow but wont come near base of humans) regain health and then attack again-Submitted by Dante

Another way to complete missions is a suicidal way that is to target only the ones mentioned in the mission, ignore the rest even though you die you can at least take out the animated mentioned in the mission. Only flaw of suicidal way is that if connection gets lagged you tend to die before you kill the marked foe.-Submitted by Dante

Melee weapons are best suited to kill single enemies quickly, Mantis and Hack are best suited for quick kills (Mantis has speed and Hack has power) -Submitted by Dante

As much as possible try to kill the foe alone or with clan members, or else the possibility of getting reward will be lessened -Submitted by Dante

If you are going up against really powerful enemies, DO NOT use long-range attacks!
A good example would be Fire Rain which attacks any enemy within your vicinity used in the Zen Gardens.
This is a sure-fire way to become dazed. -Submitted by Alannaa

If you have a substantial amount of health it's an excellent idea to AOE. AOE stands for "Area of Effect" and it's an excellent technique to use for farming purposes. What it involves is gathering an entire spawn of Animated (Generally every one in the area/s) letting them surround you and using a skill that damages more then one enemy such as fire rain (or Dervish, my favourite, because it also pushes back the enemies) and if the CL is high enough of the ring you should be able to kill an entire spawn in two or three attacks. It is also an excellent idea to make use of your rage, your rage fills up INCREDIBLY fast with all the attacks you're getting and you could probably take out an entire mob with one full rage attack. Be careful using this technique as it usually involves losing a lot of health from all the Animated attacking you, but if you stick with lowish level's you should be fine. You receive instant gratification with all the loot 8D -Submitted by Cleo

QUESTS

For the Jewel Eye Quest instead of Fighting masks looking in chests it works!-Submitted by Tony Dark

Masks of Death and Rebirth take long to kill so use a crew. The Jewel Eye quest will take forever so do your best. -Submitted by Fourteenth

The Gauntlet is a super tough almost impossible quest if you solo it that is why you use another person and they will sacrifice themselves so you can beat it. Yeah they just have to die ;D -Submitted by Tony Dark

During the Mushroom head mission, you might get the mushroom head quickly after killing just some cannons or sometimes you may not get even after killing many.. Don't think you're doing it wrong, just don't give up! -Submitted by Dante

If you want to save time in the beginning Elizabeth (NPC) gives a mission to charge your ring, after charging at the null chamber, instead of going back to her, head south to Leon to do the courier gnome Quest, once you've turned your Quest in to Leon head back to Elizabeth :3 -Submitted by Dante

Don't help the noob looking guy asking for fibers at gold beach! It takes forever to finish! -Submitted by Tony Dark

Make sure to work on one quest at a time because if they start piling up they will never get finished...-Submitted By Tony Dark

With that being said I myself would suggest getting as many quests as you can, I'm not sure about zOMG but I'm pretty sure once you get too high you can no longer accept a quest. I say accept as many as you can and prioritize where you need to go for each and try to hit two birds with one stone (or four or five) Instead of just getting one, doing the quest then getting another quest and realising you have to go back to exactly the same place...then again I haven't played much so who am I to say? razz -Submitted By Cleo

Repeatable Quests 'nuff said...again...-Submitted By Tony Dark

In Otami when doing the blood tree most people only get to the part where you must go through the Tree, but if you go to the bottom corner of that that area map you can hide from all the little monsters that come out. Wait there until you have a count on how long you have till the next group. When you get that use it to your advantage to dodge the mobs. -Submitted By Tony Dark

ANIMATED (Monsters)

Land Shark avoid it 'nuff said! -Submitted By Tony Dark

One more thing: if you ever hunt for the Landshark, make sure to have about 10-20 CL 10's with Defib in one area to survive. It will appear out of nowhere after making your PDA all glitched up. The chances for it to appear are slim, but if you are lucky, you'll see it. Btw, it won't appear in the water. (The Landshark looks similar to the Toothy item, but is more ferocious with many rows of teeth and teeth on its fins.) Submitted by Fourteenth

Stone Coatl vicious predator/God or a wimp you can finish off in one hit? Well technically both get a CL 10 or 2 then have them take down the God to they can't hit it anymore or it will die then you walk in and blam insta win! Submitted by Tony Dark

Whenever fighting the She-Wolf, bring lots of people. It heals itself faster than any Animated in the game. Submitted by Fourteenth

She Wolf's Den STAY BACK AWAY FROM IT!!!! Submitted by Tony Dark

Papa Saw and Mama Saw can stop you from moving so use long-ranged weapons like Shark Attack. Submitted by Fourteenth

While going for lake monster go solo as it increases its appearance chances Submitted by Dante

Sand Fluffs in gold beach are some of the most annoying creatures it the world! It's almost impossible to get close enough to attack them with really close range attacks. I suggest the ring Shark Attack will help you kill these little rats! -Submitted By Tony Dark

In Otami when doing the blood tree most people only get to the part where you must go through the Tree, but if you go to the bottom corner of that that area map you can hide from all the little monsters that come out. Wait there until you have a count on how long you have till the next group. When you get that use it to your advantage to dodge the mobs. -Submitted By Tony Dark

Final boss is almost impossible so makes sure to have Defibrillator a lot of superchargers and defiantly Shark attack and Dervish! Make sure to heal a lot or you will die and keep attacking! Hell go button mashing if you have to! Just make sure you don't let the damn thing heal....Bug in the boss >.>; -Submitted By Tony Dark

SPOILER! Highlight between the X's to reveal
More info on final boss. Notice how I still don't mention who it is.
X
When you get past the Robofish, Labtechs, and Grunny Subs, there will be three switches that must be turned on to open the door to the boss. If they aren't activated at the same time, more enemies will appear. Once you do that, go to the middle of the Sealab Compound to the gate and enter, but be prepared for the hardest challenge ever.
First, there will be a long dialogue. Then a large tail will appear so keep blasting away at it. Heal in the left side of the screen, but beware of enemies that may spawn. Once the tail is gone, attack the arms of the body. Use Dervish on incoming missiles. Stay on the right side of the screen to heal or you'll be blasted by a laser. After both arms are gone, attack the body until the last stage of the boss occurs. Beware of the spikey mines. Simply finish him off and you will be transported to Barton and you will receive one of four recipes: Mechlab Bot, Null Fluff Plushie, Sinister Scarf, or Crystal Fluff Plushie.
X -Submitted by Fourteenth

RINGS

Here's something many of you probably don't know: Qixter said it is okay to transfer your rings to a different account and level them up there. Of course, you still can't transfer the rings you first began with nor the Fitness ring. Don't forget, the higher your CL, the less orbs you tend to get. But you can trade recipes and the materials to the other account and use the G'hi crystals from there to make the items if you ever run out. -Submitted by Fourteenth

Ranged Rings
Hunters bow - Longest Range (Weak Attack)
Shark - Lowest Range (Strongest attack)
Hotfoot - Medium Range (Medium attack)
(Fire Rain highly recommended) -Submitted by Dante

Mantis would be the most idea ring if you want to hit the monster repeatedly and in quick succession -Submitted By Dante.

On a side note, contrary to what many say, Teflon Spray and Pot Lid are kinda useless. Submitted by Fourteenth

Dervish is a good crowd controller (basically if you're being swamped, Dervish is a good ring to use) -Submitted by Dante

USER INTERFACE (Chat e.g)

Music is a good backgrounder to anything but not in zOMG it sort of bugs so get AdBlock and put in: *directsong.com Plus doing that lets you play normal music in the background! -Submitted by Tony Dark

MISC.

SPOILER! Highlight between the X's to reveal ;D
This is more like a spoiler, but to get to one of the last areas X
go to the whirlpool in the top-left corner in Gold Beach. It leads to Shallow Sea, but you need to be in a crew and be around CL 8, 9 or 10 or it will drown you (literally) and you will end up in the Null Chamber. Once in the area, all the enemies will be tough so bring a Defib, but there are also many treasure chests as well. Beware of mobbings from Anchor Bugs, Water Spouts, and Grunny Subs. If you don't have a full crew of CL 9.5 or 10 when heading down Sealab Compound, you will get eaten by weird lanterns. I won't spill who's the final boss even though it should be obvious if you think about it.X-Submitted by Fourteenth

In Otami if you go to the Blood tree but got to the area to the North West and I mean the farthest area North West. Then you Can see an Easter Egg to where Gino and Labtech X Explode! -Submitted by Tony Dark

Luck is a hidden stat that affects how many items, rings, and orbs you get from enemies. The three things that affect your luck is your G'hi, the Fitness ring, and the Angelic set (Divinity, Healing Halo, Wish, and Hunter's Bow). When having all equipped and leveled, you can get many drops from enemies, especially in farming. Also, simply take a quick trip to Barton to bring your G'hi level up fast. -Submitted by Fourteenth

Never go into the hive without at least 4 party members! It's suicide! Plus they must all be green to you or blue whichever color means the same level. -Submitted by Tony Dark

Chest Farming is good especially in a group but make sure the person with the lowest CL is opening the chest and, Make sure all your crew is on the same area map as you or they get 0 from the chest!-Submitted by Tony Dark

Make sure to crew with people whenever you open chests or else only one person will get the goods. Don't steal.-Submitted by Fourteenth

Crews are great for the Gh'i well so is hanging in Barton... Crew + Barton = CL rises VERY quickly! -Submitted by Tony Dark

If someone ever asks you to help you in Otami make sure to check their CL or you might end up helping some 2.6 trying to make large amounts of orbs fast! -Submitted by Tony Dark

If you start out new its good to get every single crystal so you can go to places easier when you need to! -Submitted by Tony Dark

Another glitch I discovered for Gauntlet. If you go to the beginning of that area of the cliffs and go down one you can see the statue send some one over there to make it move then you yourself go up one voila you win! -Submitted by Tony Dark

Dont go to Otami till your cl is high. around 5.5 You wont really be able to do the quest. Some enemies need to be a certain color in order for you to get your quest items -Submitted by 1337

Before Heading to the lake try to get your CL at least 4.0 -Submitted by Dante

If you go to the Shallow Seas make sure not to go with 9.0+ unless you are 9.0+! It's like the hive the animated will take on the same level as the person in your crew with the highest CL! Submitted by Tony Dark

Aqueous Dreams
Crew

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100

Aqueous Dreams
Crew

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:04 am
(l337squerrel is in your base, winning your gamez XD)

User Image

Here I will keep track of how much suggestions everyone post for the week. So if you want to see yourself here then get posting razz

HOW IT WORKS

I'll list 6 different prizes and the top three will get their pick. HOWEVER the catch is: You'll have to pick one of 6 different boxes not knowing what prize is in what box, and yes there will be crap prizes too, it's all part of the fun razz First place will get the chance to choose two boxes and will get to pick first, then second will pick one and third will pick one (you can't pick a box that's already been picked) I will record what's in what box so you have my word you will get exactly what I've recorded.

THE PRIZES

300 gold
Tiny Terror Doll
This Months Monthly Collectible (Month being November...December if I'm feeling generous (when the sealed is out xD))
1500 Gold
Frightened Ghost Sheet
Devil Imp Plushie

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

COMPETITORS

First Place: Tony Dark - 22
Second Place: Dante - 12
Third Place: Fourteenth 11

Runner Ups:

l337 & Alaana

WINNERS!

1st Place: Tony Dark (First choice of two boxes)
2nd Place: Dante (Second choice of two boxes)
3rd Place: Fourteenth (Third choice of two boxes)

Make sure I know which box you're choosing razz And I'll gift/trade the prize with you, and just so you know I DO have the prizes recorded for each box and poo for you if you don't get the one you wanted razz I've just decided to give you all two boxes each since you made the most effort <3 I'll post new prizes sometime this week so keep those suggestions coming in biggrin

PAST WINNERS
None Yet smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:35 pm
I know this thread is under construction but I have one.

Here goes:
(REMEMBER: This is just my own observation so there may be a problem with it.)
If you are going up against really powerful enemies, DO NOT use long-range attacks! A good example would be Fire Rain which attacks any enemy within your vicinity used in the Zen Gardens. This is a sure-fire way to become dazed.
DAZED-X_X, sad , crying , evil

Alannaa

Dapper Genius

Aqueous Dreams
Crew

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:20 am
The reason it's under construction is because it needs suggestions xDD

Thanks Alannaa <3  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:54 pm
Melee weapons are best suited to kill single enemy quickly and that too mantis and hack are best suited for quick kills  

dante_raziel

Aqueous Dreams
Crew

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:04 am
Keep em coming guys <3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 am
If you dont have rings that does damage to multiple foes try to draw enemy one by one and attack if thats not possible try to attack as many foes as possible till your health drops to 40 and then run near any of the npc's area regain health and then attack again..(these two are the strategies i use based on mission given and till now it has worked)only flaw of sucidical way is that if connection gets lagged you tend to die before you kill the marked foe..  

dante_raziel

Fourteenth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:54 am
This is more like a spoiler, but to get to one of the last areas, go to the whirlpool in the top-left corner in Gold Beach. It leads to Shallow Sea, but you need to be in a crew and be around CL 8, 9 or 10 or it will drown you (literally) and you will end up in the Null Chamber. Once in the area, all the enemies will be tough so bring a Defib, but there are also many treasure chests as well. Beware of mobbings from Anchor Bugs, Water Spouts, and Grunny Subs. If you don't have a full crew of CL 9.5 or 10 when heading down Sealab Compound, you will get eaten by weird lanterns. I won't spill who's the final boss even though it should be obvious if you think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am
Obviously nobody wants free stuff <__<;;  

Aqueous Dreams
Crew

Lonely Fatcat

19,825 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Generous 100

Death Captain Sin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:56 am
The ninja with speed and accuracy appears and targets you....

I have a lot for you! (I want the MC ;D):

1: Sand Fluffs in gold beach are some of the most annoying creatures it the world! It's almost impossible to get close enough to attack them with really close range attacks. I suggest the ring Shark Attack will help you kill these little rats!

2: In Otami when doing the blood tree most people only get to the part where you must go through the Tree, but if you go to the bottom corner of that that area map you can hide from all the little monsters that come out. Wait there until you have a count on how long you have till the next group. When you get that use it to your advantage to dodge the mobs.

3: [Beginner Stuff] When you are at the part in the sewers instead of running off to find Gramsters go down from the beginning map till you see two Peelungers then go left and there will be 3-5 Gramsters in that area!

4: Land Shark avoid it 'nuff said!

5: Never go into the hive without at least 4 party members! It's suicide! Plus they must all be green to you or blue whichever color means the same level.

6: Final boss is almost impossible so makes sure to have Defibrillator a lot of superchargers and defiantly Shark attack and Dervish! Make sure to heal a lot or you will die and keep attacking! Hell go button mashing if you have to! Just make sure you don't let the damn thing heal....Bug in the boss >.>;

7: Chest Farming is good especially in a group but make sure the person with the lowest CL is opening the chest and, Make sure all your crew is on the same area map as you or they get 0 from the chest!

8: If someone ever asks you to help you in Otami make sure to check their CL or you might end up helping some 2.6 trying to make large amounts of orbs fast!

9: Repeatable Quests 'nuff said...again...

10: Make sure to work on one quest at a time because if they start piling up they will never get finished...

11: Don't help the noob looking guy asking for fibers at gold beach! It takes forever to finish!

...And with grace and persison he kills his target quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:00 am
Dont go to Otami till your cl is high. around 5.5 You wont really be able to do the quest. Some enemies need to be a certain color in order for you to get your quest items  

l337squerrel
Captain

IRL Stalker

10,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Death Captain Sin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:03 am
l337squerrel
Dont go to Otami till your cl is high. around 5.5 You wont really be able to do the quest. Some enemies need to be a certain color in order for you to get your quest items
The ninja with speed and accuracy appears and targets you....

That reminds me want to go commit suicide for me fighting some strong monsters?
I need it for gauntlet razz

...And with grace and persison he kills his target quickly.

-SRA- Faction

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff