Back to Guilds

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Dumbledore's Army, Marauders, Magic 

Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Conjuring your Patronus Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Know what memory you'd use to make a Patronus?
  no idea what I'd use...
  definitely certain about mine!
  got a few ideas, but not completely sure
View Results

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:03 pm
It's too personal to ask what everyone would see/hear when a dementor got near them, but conjuring a Patronus requires a happy thought, and I speculated that people wouldn't mind sharing that. I've had difficulty knowing what memory I'd use in order to make a Patronus; does anyone know theirs?

EDIT: Forgot to ask...What animal would your patronus be? What animal would protect you? Harry's is his father, and Tonks and Snape have who they're in love with. What about you?

Mine would definitely be a white bengal tiger because I've had a framed picture of one on my bedroom wall since I was seven years-old and I used to say, "He jumps out of the picture and chases my nightmares away so I don't need a dream catcher." 4laugh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:00 pm
My happiest memory is like Harry's. I cant differentiate weather it's real or made up in my head over time.

I was with my Jack (my old horse), maybe around the age of eight? We were in the back pasture which at the time was full of wild flowers. I was on him bareback, riding with a hackmore, (bitless bridle). We were just there I was singing the Sunshine song...you know You are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray.

At the time Jack was my best friend, someone who understood and always loved me, no matter how sick (physically and emotionality) I was.

I remember galloping around until my tears turned into laughter. I was just so...alive that I knew it would all be okay, even if it didn't seem so.

Riding is intoxicating, and when your riding your alive. It truly is amazing.

That would probably be what my happiest memory would be.

Edit: Odds are mine would be a horse. There my angels on Earth, and I love them so much.

Like Ginny, fiery, brave, strong, willing, loving, and loyal. I those fit my personality in ways.

'The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.' ~Arabian Proverb

SuperKoolPartyGal

KatieInTheBox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:20 am
-_-..... hmmm. I don't have many happy memories, and I'm not like most people. Those who would find something an extremely joyful time, I normally find I'm blahzay (sp?) about it. But I think my happy memory would be when I was seven, I was picking raspberries (more like eating them) off the bushes at my grandfather's farm. The bushes were so high they were like walls of a hedge maze. So very green with red and pink berries all over them and wild flowers growing close where my uncles couldn't cut them down because they were to close to the plants. There were black-eyes susan's, ladies lace, tiger lilies, day lilies, daisies, little blue flowers and these small little HOT PINK star shaped flowers I loved. I was with my only real friends I had before I was 15 were with me and my little brother and we would grab berries off the bush and put them down another's shirt and then smack their back causing the berry to leave red marks on the cloths. It was fun and it was a beautiful day. Lots of birds and butterflies, and bunnies, boy were their a lot of bunnies. 3nodding I miss my friend and her brother and I miss my grandpa.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:08 am
Those are both nice memories. smile I find it interesting that they both involve something in nature rather than another human being.

I adore nature, too. I can remember a time when I was staring at a particularly beautiful sunset in my grandparents' backyard that overlooks a river. Tthe air I was breathing deeply seemed exceptionally fresh, and I felt a sense of peace. It was lovely, but a Patronus requires joy, not serenity, so that one wouldn't work.

When I've had divine spiritual experience that also results in a sense of contentment and calmness, and briefly the entire universe makes sense. However, again, that isn't precisely happiness, is it?

Hmm....I know of a few instances when I felt very loved by my close relatives and friends, such as when they accepted my bisexuality. I'm completely open about discussing it now, (obviously lol ) and bugger anyone that has a problem with it, though at the time it had taken me years to figure out and I was nervous about telling anyone. Maybe that would work...

*sigh* Dunno know why I cannot decide what to use to make my Patronus considering that I'm almost certain what specific memory in me a dementor would invoke...Ah well, I'll keep trying!

I thought more people would reply to this thread, but I guess my question was more personal than I suspected. sweatdrop Sorry!

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

Dragon In A Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 am
Well, I guess my happiest memory (that I can think of right now) was perhaps this summer... It was the second time I met my father, (The first time being last May, at my Confirmation) and we went with his mother to eat dinner.

Afterwards, me and my dad went to the cinema and bought tickets to see Narnia, and then we discovered that it was almost two hours till the movie started! mad D So, we went to Outland (an anime store in Norway) and I bought three manga books, and he bought me a pair of earrings.

Then we returned to the cinema, and bought lots of soda and popcorn.My dad looked really silly, because he bought two half liters to me and two half liters for him, and since he also had to hold the popcorn while I searched for our tickets, he put one bottle in each pocket and held the other two under his arms.

The guard just looked at him and said "I see you're armed for the cinema?" -Laughs- It was so funny! ^^

It was the best cinema experience I've had, since it was the first time I really did anything with my father! blaugh

When I got back to my uncle's appartment, my grandma commented "You're almost sixteen years old, and you went to the cinema with your father." xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:01 am
My fondest memories are of all the good times I've spent with my friends. I cannot really just pick one memory, I think of all my happy memories.

There was this one day where me and a few of my friends got together and went gokarting, then went to the movies and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix. It was hilarious, because I was the only one of my friends who had read the books, and they kept asking me about things during the movie. We really bothered the people around us, and we almost got kicked out of the theater. xD

Another happy memory was of my two childhood friends and I going out in the fields and ponds behind our houses when we were eight and catching a whole bunch of those little baby toads that hop around everywhere. We caught more than a hundred of them, and then let them all go in my friend's backyard. We had to watch where we were stepping for weeks after that everytime we went in the back, there were so many of them.

And yet another one: It's actually from this summer. I work at the zoo, and made alot of new friends there. My friends Gina, Thai, Sam, Sarah, and I, during our lunch break, would hang around and be crazy for an hour and a half straight. We talked and laughed about so many things; mostly manga, anime, and video games, but also just life in whole. We really were crazy together. But that's what makes life fun. ^_^

Wow, I really rant once I get into the 'memory mode'. -headdesk-

Galyxies

Bloodsucker

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:24 pm
Times with my friends.........I really can't think of anything thing else.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:31 pm
Mine is from my Senior year in high school. I moved a lot as a kid, and never stayed in one school for too long. The house I lived in the longest, I ended up staying in the school district after we moved. So from 5th grade on I was in the same school district. It was very hard for me to make friends there (It was a really tough school district compared to those I'd been in before.) In my Junior year I started hanging out with a group that were pretty much misfits. By Senior year we were close friends, and we'd added a few from another school to our group. I had finally made true friends. They remain my best friends today. In my senior year we would go to my boyfriend's house (who is now my husband) and play Dance Dance Revolution till all hours of the night. Most of our group would stay the whole weekend. This happened almost every weekend of my Senior year, and it's my happiest memory, or rather series of memories.  

PadfootsPet

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:06 pm
Ah, now there's some people that have memories involving people they love! I still don't have one specific memory, but maybe I don't need ONE and I could think of a few to keep the Patronus strong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:29 am
I don't really have a certain happy memory that when I think about it, it brings me joy or makes me feel good.
But I suppose if I did have to choose one it would maybe be getting my dog (who's sixth birthday is today razz ) when I was ten. I always, like every other kid, wanted a puppy and a Golden Retriever at that, and I got her at Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving). And I remember earlier that day, we were going to my grandparents, I was telling my mom that I was never going to get a puppy and I was going to give up asking. And well, she's been such a great dog with such a weird and great personality and I love her so much smile
But, still, when I think about that, it doesn't fill me up with happiness.
I can't think of a happy memory regarding any actual people because it seems every good friend I've had throughout my life, has screwed me around in some way.

A recent sort of happy memory would maybe be meeting my grandfather who the last time I met was 15 years ago and now my Chinese step-grandmother for the first time. She's amazing and so nice, but again, it doesn't make me smile when I think about it.
Obviously I'm probably too depressed hahaha.

Btw, Minerva, I didn't know you were bi. I guess I better just come out now and say I am too haha. I never like telling people because everyone is so closed minded and doesn't understand. Glad you can be so open about it biggrin  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PadfootsPet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm
For some reason I didn't see this guild as having a lot of GLBT people. It's kinda cool to see I'm not the only one!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:34 pm
I think the first memory I would choose (as it's the only specific memory I can think of!) is one from when I was fourteen, and came out for the first time. I went to the movies with a group of friends - and my date, a girl named Rachel. It's not Rachel I remember this for, though; it's because my best friend, who was a strict Catholic and very opposed to homosexuality of any kind, walked up to me, hugged me, and whispered in my ear, "I'm just so glad that you're happy."

Er...guh. That was sappy. But it's true.

*dislikes emotions*

Other memories would just be vague recollections of driving around downtown with my closest three friends, cranking the music, drinking Icees and giggling like fiends. Traditional, eh?

Edit: Oh, as for the animal...I've no idea. I've always been partial to hyenas because they're vicious, but also very loving toward their pups and pack. Plus, they're matriarchal. And that's awesome.

The Stylish Nihilist

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:34 am
Wow, who knew so many people would come out in this thread? lol It's nice to know you aren't the only one, isn't it? I suspected that the members in this guild might have varying preferences since in the "Which Pairing Would You Make Canon" thread many people mentioned a same-sex couple.

Oh, Kitsune, I think it's great you got to know you're father. I've never met my biological father or his family. I love my step-father and his parents (I've known them since I was two.) but sometimes I wonder about what the people are like whose blood flows through my veins.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:36 am
I think my patronus would be a polar bear, because I really want to help them and they're my favorite animal.

I don't really have any specific happy memory. Most of my my happy "memories" I'm pretty sure I've made up.  

Rogue_Rachiru

Dapper Guildswoman

6,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

SuperKoolPartyGal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:38 am
Minerva:

The aspect of nature is very important in my eyes. I could have the worst day ever, but once I go for a walk, or just go to the barn to talk to Peter...(yes I talk to my horse, and no his name is NOT Ed. Ed's in the other isle). *laughs*

I find it amazing how no matter what I've done, or what I'm going to do something that cant even speak back, can understand better then my friends. He just looks at me with his big brown eyes, makes my heart melt, I kiss him, and thats all I need.

Aw...I'm so glad I'm going to see Peter today or I don't think I could have posted that...*laughs*

I'll kiss him for everyone, and he'll send his loving farts back!  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff