Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Pray for Bangladesh! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:01 am
So many people there have lost loved ones and homes. Please pray for these people, that the Lord may show them the face of Jesus and heal their hearts! These people are mostly Muslim and Hindu, pray that there will be good, strong-in-faith Christian missionaries there to show them the face of Jesus while they are on the road to recovery from this catastrophy.

~I was a hurricane Katrina victim  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:24 am
How about saving a few moments and not praying but insted traval to the area and help rebuild. Sound familer?  

lordstar

Incarcerated_love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:23 pm
Doing both would be idea, but for those like myself who can't possibly afford such things praying is good.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:14 pm
Incarcerated_love
Doing both would be idea, but for those like myself who can't possibly afford such things praying is good.

Ok then how about joining a non-profit group dedicated to rebilding disaster areas. Should also sound familer  

lordstar

Mardil

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:18 pm
lordstar
Incarcerated_love

Ok then how about joining a non-profit group dedicated to rebilding disaster areas. Should also sound familer

Non-profit groups often mean you have to pay your own way, and someone like Incarcerated_love (or like me) who has a tight financial situation couldn't afford that either. Anyway, she's right; praying is the least we can do.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:54 pm
Mardil
lordstar
Incarcerated_love

Non-profit groups often mean you have to pay your own way, and someone like Incarcerated_love (or like me) who has a tight financial situation couldn't afford that either. Anyway, she's right; praying is the least we can do.

Then bake some cookies or something  

lordstar

Mardil

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:45 am
Umm... I honestly can't figure out whether you're being serious or not... question  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:47 am
Mardil
Umm... I honestly can't figure out whether you're being serious or not... question

I'm just bitter
that is all  

lordstar

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:46 pm
lordstar
Mardil

I'm just bitter
that is all

Lord, dude....please stop turning everything bitter. Look to the good and quit being a pessimist about what others are trying to do. They're praying for the well being of those trying to gain a democracy. What's wrong with that? Indeed, they could try and do all those things, but you've looked past at what they possibly don't have: actually having the time to go out there and help, much less afford the trip to get there in the first place, being able to take the time to work out a group to help donate to their cause....all these factors affect that.

I love ya man, and I think you just need to calm down. I know how you feel. Honestly, there's nothing much more we here can do BESIDES donate and pray. I'm ticked off too...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:39 am
I agree - besides, some of us simply can't. I wanted so badly to go help after Katrina, but I couldn't because of school. I also wanted to go over and help after the recent war in Israel - again I couldn't - because my parents wouldn't let me. I can't donate anything, because I'm broke. Other people have similar or different situations, and for us, the best we can do is pray. Sometimes it sounds useless, but at times it's all we can do. Let me tell you, if there was any way I could get over there to actually help, I would in a heartbeat. Got a plane ticket and someone to meet me there? If you do, hand them over and I'll go do something, if not, let me pray, and don't bash on me.  

Tarantellatears

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 pm
maplestoryjunky
lordstar
Mardil

I'm just bitter
that is all

Lord, dude....please stop turning everything bitter. Look to the good and quit being a pessimist about what others are trying to do. They're praying for the well being of those trying to gain a democracy. What's wrong with that? Indeed, they could try and do all those things, but you've looked past at what they possibly don't have: actually having the time to go out there and help, much less afford the trip to get there in the first place, being able to take the time to work out a group to help donate to their cause....all these factors affect that.

I love ya man, and I think you just need to calm down. I know how you feel. Honestly, there's nothing much more we here can do BESIDES donate and pray. I'm ticked off too...

If you have time to pray, then you have time to act. While praying may generate a general feeling of good will (doesn't work for me...remember, I'm bitter) people need food, clean water, and a warm bed. Donating time or other resources helps accomplish these ends while praying does not. My point was that if someone wants to make a change they need to act. If all you have is a few minutes to pray then that's all you have to give. I would rather raise funds for a non-profit in those few minutes, perhaps bake some cookies.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:01 pm
If you have time to pray, then you have time to act. While praying may generate a general feeling of good will (doesn't work for me...remember, I'm bitter) people need food, clean water, and a warm bed. Donating time or other resources helps accomplish these ends while praying does not. My point was that if someone wants to make a change they need to act. If all you have is a few minutes to pray then that's all you have to give. I would rather raise funds for a non-profit in those few minutes, perhaps bake some cookies.

The cookies would be stale if I sent them to Bangladesh...lol. Cookies won't solve their problems, God will. If you don't believe that then to you I am speaking foolishness, but to those who know where I am coming from and have received the blessings of the Lord. this should have been posted in prayer requests. I apologize to all for that. This was not meant for a debate.  

Incarcerated_love

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 pm
Incarcerated_love

The cookies would be stale if I sent them to Bangladesh...lol. Cookies won't solve their problems, God will. If you don't believe that then to you I am speaking foolishness, but to those who know where I am coming from and have received the blessings of the Lord. this should have been posted in prayer requests. I apologize to all for that. This was not meant for a debate.

Silly girl you don't send the cookies to Bangladesh, but you knew that. You sell them...then you send the money...perhaps to a non-profit group who will...feed starving people. How God does that I'm not really sure.

You do make a good point; cookies wont solve their problems. It will help. Help to feed the starving, house the homeless, and care for the sick. The world won't change unless we MAKE IT HAPPEN!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:26 pm
Yeah, that really sucks what happened over there.
I mean I'd do something if I could... but yeah.
God can choose to help them if we pray.  

SUPERSQUIRRELX

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:52 pm
lordstar
maplestoryjunky
lordstar
Mardil

I'm just bitter
that is all

You know what? I'm gonna go write a speech and help donate through my church then....I'm serious, I'll even give you a copy of it.(when I get it done, that is) mrgreen
I'm sorry you're a bitter person, too.... Just lighten up man. What I also realize is that you're trying to encourage action too. It's all good. I just wanted to keep the peace, y'know?

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff