Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
Then versus now: How have you changed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ERMAHGERD
  FERNCER FERST
  THRRERRRD
  What the hell!?
View Results

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:51 pm
Oh God, I've been on here since I was 14? WHAT THE WHAT.

And thank goodness I've changed drastically since then. If there was no big difference between my 14 year old self and my 23 year old self, I'd be worried.

Let's see...

1) I am a working actor...well, as best as I can be at this point. I actually sometimes get paid to do what I love, and it's a joy. I even scored my first post-college lead role, and it ended up being one of my best theatre experiences ever. And though I'm in an unwanted 3 month acting hiatus, I know that there are many awesome shining acting moments to come for me.

2) Speaking of which, I went through a major depression at age 20, which really changed me as a person. I now think a lot more before I make decisions...sometimes too much. I have a deeper appreciation for my passion for acting...and a much deeper understanding of what it's really like to be an artist and adult. It's scary, it's doubtful, and it's hard. I think that deep, awful pit turned me into an actual adult.

3) I am still single, but I have learned what it's like to fall hard and fast and how to heal after you realize it's for nothing.

4) I graduated from college! YEP.

5) I look a lot different...a bit fatter, a lot more mature looking...but I often still get asked if I'm 18 or 19.

6) I actually have a day job that I like...working with kids. Hey, it's not as fun and wonderful as acting, but it sure beats anything else, and I mostly enjoy it!

7) I am a much better listener, a much smarter person, and a little bit more practical...I say a little bit because look at the career I'm pursuing. It can only be a little bit.

Now I'm heading into 2013 with a "holy crap what now" approach. I can only hope it means big, great things for my acting career...and let's hope I get to move out of my parents' house, get great acting roles, and more income. And a boyfriend wouldn't hurt either. razz <3

I can't believe I've known you all for so long. I love you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:52 pm
The Doom Merchant
Reeves
God, I love your Tumblr posts, Doomy.

I try to run a pretty quality blag. cool
I mean, I fail most of the time, but sometimes it's okay.

P.S. DOOMY WHAT IS YOUR TUMBLR. Must follow! surprised  

Meacorme
Vice Captain

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 pm
Meacorme
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

I think she provided a link earlier. Check her first post on this thread. It's hard to spot, but it's linked to the word "tumblr."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:38 pm
Reeves
Meacorme
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

I think she provided a link earlier. Check her first post on this thread. It's hard to spot, but it's linked to the word "tumblr."

Looks like Doomy's Tumblr... cool has been followed.  

Meacorme
Vice Captain

The Doom Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:45 pm
surprised heart rofl whee

Emoticons express my reaction the best, okay?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:39 pm
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

Edit: asked Doomy what her Tumblr was, then DERP, I read the thread. sweatdrop

Mea: I'm so glad you're in a good space. I only recently realized that it's kind of therapeutic to hang out with children. It's like you actually have life figured out when you hang out with them because you can actually teach them things and make them your minions. ninja

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 pm
NogginDew
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

Mea: I'm so glad you're in a good space. I only recently realized that it's kind of therapeutic to hang out with children. It's like you actually have life figured out when you hang out with them because you can actually teach them things and make them your minions. ninja

I has twelve little minions!

Also, Noggin, you have a Tumblr? eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 am
Reeves
NogginDew
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

Yes, I made a Tumblr like a year-and-a-half ago, but I haven't updated it much since then. The url is everythingisprettyokay.tumblr.com.  

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm
NogginDew
Reeves
NogginDew
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

Yes, I made a Tumblr like a year-and-a-half ago, but I haven't updated it much since then. The url is everythingisprettyokay.tumblr.com.

Following you anyway! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 pm
Reeves
NogginDew
Reeves
NogginDew
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

Following you anyway! xd

Woot! mrgreen  

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:50 am
NogginDew
Reeves
NogginDew
Reeves
NogginDew

Following you anyway! xd

Woot! mrgreen

Huzzah! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm
NogginDew
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

I do enjoy my kiddos. Some of them are just way too fun and want to have discussions about like...Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and even politics with me. One 5th grader, when reading about the electoral college in a Time For Kids, asked me why we don't just go by the popular vote. And I said, "My dear, you have just realized a debate that ADULTS still can't decide on."

I am glad to be doing pretty well. It's not ideal (I WANT ANOTHER ROLE IN A SHOW GODDAMNIT) but it's fine. biggrin

Meacorme
Vice Captain

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 pm
Meacorme
NogginDew
The Doom Merchant
Reeves

I do enjoy my kiddos. Some of them are just way too fun and want to have discussions about like...Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and even politics with me. One 5th grader, when reading about the electoral college in a Time For Kids, asked me why we don't just go by the popular vote. And I said, "My dear, you have just realized a debate that ADULTS still can't decide on."

I am glad to be doing pretty well. It's not ideal (I WANT ANOTHER ROLE IN A SHOW GODDAMNIT) but it's fine. biggrin

AUDITION FOR ALL THE ROLES!  
The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces