Welcome to Gaia! ::

AskED The Staff: Answer Archive

Back to Guilds

View everything Gaia Staff have said in Ask the Staff sessions! 

Tags: Gaia, Staff, Gaia Staff, Ask the Staff, AskED 

Reply Answers, Sorted by Subject
Arenas / Runway / Catwalk Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:16 pm
October 22nd, 2019:

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Welcome Back!

Quote:
Features-Runway

For a while now, the gcash theme hasn't been charging people for entry, is it possible to get that fixed and get it to function?

We'll look into this bug ASAP. Thanks for reporting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:00 pm
November 12th, 2019:

Lanzer
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Hi guys!

Question Category Art

The arenas are fairly outdated. We can't upload any images even with the new Deviantart.com hotlinking setups, since the way image urls are built has now changed after the switch to DA Eclipse.

A lot of the sites you have listed for alternative url hosting are actually gone now, eg. Tinypic, imageshack...

A lot of the images are all broken, too, from past uploads.

Is there any chance we can see an update to this?

We're close to implementing our own hosting solution, just need to build a good reporting and blacklist system to go with it. (just hosting images is the easy part). Once it's ready then we can have a much better arena and image posting experience.

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:50 pm
November 19th, 2019:

Lanzer
brittle children
Features
People are wondering if it's possible to pick which way your avatar faces when entering the Runway; some items don't mirror or have hidden poses that depend on the direction you're facing so those can screw up your entry

That's on our todo list. Sorry it haven't been implemented yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:00 pm
December 3rd, 2019:

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Welcome Back!

Quote:
Question category: Games

I really love runway but I've noticed that some avatars appear in voting much more often than others and some avatars almost never show up in the voting when I am voting, this inconsistency makes me hesitant to want to enter as the scoring can't possibly be fair this way; is there a plan to fix this issue and when can we expect to see improvement?

Runway actually does not have any algorithms to favor one avatar over another. We used to pull in a group of avatars to present randomly, but that had changed a long time ago and all entries you see are pulled completely random from the server.

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:06 pm
December 23rd, 2019:

Lanzer
brittle children
Runway
Any chance we could pick which way our avatar is facing? Some items have a dual look, based on which way you're facing and some text items only work on one side, so it would be nice if we could utilize those items better ;w;

I do have that on the todo list. We should be able to add that as a feature on the next Runway update.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 pm
December 30th, 2019:

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Welcome Back to the last ATS of 2019!

Quote:
Features

Can we get a current list of the whitelisted image hosting websites for use in Avatar Arena reference pics? What image site works best with Gaia?

Looks like there was a bug with checking on whitelisted sites, and it had just been fixed. Here is the list of sites that are whitelisted. Currently Imgur is a good source for storing and sharing images. Though Gaia will have its own image hosting feature soon.

ibb.co,
deviantart.net,
discordapp.com,
tumblr.com,
amazonaws.com,
amazon.com,
imgur.com,
photobucket.com,
imageshack.com,
tinypic.com,
piczo.com,
xanga.com,
flickr.com,
picturetrail.com,
webshots.com,
snapfish.com,
shutterfly.com,
slide.com,
kodakgallery.com,
geocities.com,
youtube.com,
stkr.es,
postimg.cc

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:20 pm
February 11th, 2020:

Lanzer
Zemalia
Features

Catwalk has been down for almost a week now? It has a continuous loading screen. Any ETA for when we might see it back up?

Sorry we had been busy with the Valentine's day event and didn't notice the outage, we will work on fixing it tonight.

Lanzer
Canicuss
Go Gaia App

Catwalk is not working in the Go Gaia app, has it been disabled or is it broken?

We'll be fixing it ASAP. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:08 pm
March 3rd, 2020:

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Welcome Back!

Quote:
Personas: Future Plans
Could Personas be entered in Runway? I know such a thing might not be a priority, I'm not even sure if it's functionally possibility, but I wanted to mention the idea!

For the time being, Runway do not support personas, but it could be a feature to be implemented later.

Lanzer
rheostatic
Features

Hey all! I'm rather sure you guys are aware that voting in Arenas is not granting currency like it normally does! I use this as my main method to "cap" since I prefer not to clog up my post history with bumps. Is this a permanent change or a bug? If it's the latter, any ETA on when it will be cleared up?

Thank-you guys for all the hardwork you do!

We expanded the granting system last week to have better reporting. There might have been some bugs introduced. Please let me know what is the expected behavior and how it is different today so I can ensure it's working properly.

Lanzer
Haji Demon
Games Runway

The gold prizes are absolutely laughable in today's economy. The amount of gold first place winner gets in Free category won't be enough for his entry fees for gold.

Can Runway please get prizes fitting the inflation? Perhaps minute amount of cash prizes added so there will be some semblance of stability with time

Good point. I'll see about increasing the rate and make the rate keep up with inflation.

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:09 pm
March 10th, 2020:

Lanzer
Kowsauni
Features - granting system

First off, I would like to thank you guys for fixing the Art Arena so that it now grants platinum again when you vote. However, as of right now it only grants 1 platinum when you vote when it use to grant roughly around 150 platinum before. Is this how it is going to be for the conceivable future or are there plans to return it to granting more platinum like it use to.

There is a bug that messed up the gold to platinum conversion for voting. We will be fixing this bug tomorrow. Sorry about that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:53 pm
March 31st, 2020:

[NPC] Gaia Staff
Welcome Back! (With extra answered questions since we were out a couple of weeks!) smile

Quote:
Features

I'd like to thank the staff for addressing the questions on the granting system from last week. Voting in the Avatar arena now gives more then 1 platinum. However, it sill only gives between 8 to 26 platinum when before it would give roughly 150 to 200 platinum per vote, just like when you post in a thread. Is this intentional, or is the granting system still being worked on?

We had moved the voting system back to the older code, but looks like there might have been some issues still. We will revisit and make sure it is granting the amount it used to.

Platonix

Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
Answers, Sorted by Subject

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash