Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:16 am
Wolf Liam chased the one that strayed towards Okami. It was quite fast and nimble, clearly knowing the lay of the land. To someone like Liam who's never even ran like a wolf, it was a bit more difficult to properly give chase. But he caught on quick enough, putting more power in this his sprint.

Liv observed the exchange. It was...an odd sight to sure. But also strange to understand what they were saying. Her Beast Master power would let her communicate and essentially dominate them but she's never used it properly or bothered to learn about it. Being able to understand them through that came as a surprise.

"Um..sure." Liv responded but hesitated for a bit then decided to have some fun with it. Leaping off Heather's back she turned into a much larger spectral version of herself stayed in the air.

"~Hello. Am Human. Am Light~"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:08 pm
Okami watched them approach from the shadows. She was impressed at how quickly Laim adapted to moving with four limbs. The closer he got, the more she thought about how she could just watch him run and run and-

Focus! Prey first. Fantasies later.

The wolf sank a little deeper to take advantage of the shadow realms time dilation. She readied herself, bared her teeth, and leapt out. With one clean motion, she came from below and clamped her jaws down on the squealing boar's neck. The bite took it's head off of it's body caused the remains to go airborne. She landed, spat the head out, and huffed as the taste and smell of it's blood flooded her chemosensory system. It had been too long since she'd last hunted, and the taste of the blood set her teeth on edge. She did not want to wait to have the beast cooked. She wanted it raw.

She began to salivate as she approached what was left of the kill. The innocent brightness of her eyes sharpened into that of the predator she was born to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whales dove down and made for the depths as fast as large sea mammals could possibly do so. Heather laughed heartily and looked to Liv with a massive, toothy smirk. "I think you scared them. I can barely make it out, but they think you're the sun. They've only ever known once bright light in their lives. Shame, they're really missing out."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:33 am
Spectral Liv floated there in place a bit.

"Daww......I thought it'd be nice to do.Guess I was wrong." She said before reforming on Heather's back.

"I thought about diving in first but then was like....nah, kinda cold."

Liam was curious on how Okami would hunt but she truly did just jump out of the shadows. Clean kill. But then again, there wasn't any resistance possible. Not with how she went at it. This shift in behavior was unexpected due to her normal demeanor. Part of him was fine with her eating her 'kill' here and now. The other part however, did not. They did agreed on cooking it. They made an agreement.

Wolf Liam put on paw on the corpse and stared Okami down.

"Calm down."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:35 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
[…]
"Raina?"

[…]

"Raina, mi vida?" repeated the voice.

It was real. It was her husband, Leander's, voice. […]

Kerana was enjoying her moment with her mom then she heard the familiar voice but dismissed it at first. Then she saw him. She noticed he looked tired and lost weight. Part of her wanted believe that he had learned his lesson and wanted to cook a great meal for him to cheer him but it faded away when every past attempt was him not wanting any of it or ate out of reluctance. Him being happy to see her was refreshing at first but very foreign and very out of character for him.

Rikki Tikki Travi
Leander's eyes lit up when he saw Kerana behind his wife. "Kerana!" he said with a smile.

Then she was filled with dread. She could almost hear that song Numb by Linkin Park. She hid behind her mom until she walked to him. Like a show she’s seen over and over, almost hear how her mother would try to mend the family just to keep it a family.

Instead she heard a pop and witnessed her mom punching her dad? Then standing up to him.

Rikki Tikki Travi
Raina looked down at him, pointed, and spat, "Hijo de puta!!! Tu pinche culero!!! Bastardo!!! Yo podria matarte!!!"

Her mouth parted just shocked that she did this and it felt like it was about time this happened. She had mixed feelings about this. Kerana was hoping to give her father a chance to explain himself especially about the phone call. She was mostly rooted for her mom on the inside.

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:17 am
Heather laughed and commented, "I could actually warm up the water by taking a dip near a-"

A thundering rumble came from the depths of Heather stomach. If she could still blush in that form she would. "Ah, hehe. Seems like a bigger size means a bigger appetite. We did also skip breakfast with everything that was going on. We should probably go get something to eat before I feel the need to snatch up a cow or something."

Okami's lips pulled back as she snarled in response to Liam's command. There was no sign of backing down. That is, until the little part of her that was still somewhat human snapped her out of it. She stood up, shook her head. and said, "Whoa...that was wild. I haven't been that worked up since the last time I attacked a human. Which, coincidentally, was the first time I attacked a human. Sorry about that."

She then trotted over to Liam and smiled. "Great job leading this one to me. If you weren't settled on being human, you'd make a sex- I MEAN...good wolf. Yep, a good wolf. We should probably get this somewhere we can hang the body and drain the blood. You also need to secure some tools and equipment: a scalding pot and a way to heat it, some scraping tools to remove hair, hooks and chains, a set of sharp butchering knives, a bone saw, a hose, sink, cleaning supplies, packaging, and a freezer to keep any leftovers. Don't worry about the entrails, I'll take care of those. Might also help take the edge off this tingling feeling I have."

Leander was so dumbstruck that all he could manage was to mumble a few unintelligible sounds that vaguely sounded like words. It also did not help that Raina did not let him get a word in.

"What's that look?! You think you don't deserve to be knocked on your a** after what you did?! They told me everything! How stupid can you be?! I always knew you were ignorant and pig headed, but to sign away our rights?! For what?!"

Kerana's father finally stood up, but he did look like he wanted to argue. "Raina, por favor, not here. Can we talk where people aren't staring at us."

Sure enough, a small crowd had started to gather to see what all the commotion was about.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:15 pm
"What are you talking about? I am pretty sure I've had breakfast in bed." She said with a wink before blinking back on Heather's back.

She sat down. "So you need me to blink us somewhere after you revert back? I could just take us somewhere now but eh.....my girl's a dragon. You're going to turn heads even in dragon form."

Liam stared her down before her sanity returned to her again. He wasn't too concerned if she would attack him. It'd be fairly difficult for her to bypass his defenses. Cocking his head a little on her comment about be a...sex good wolf. When she started talking bout the proper way to butcher, his tail wagged a bit. A response Fenris hated when happening to her. But he was impressed by her knowledge of it.

"Impressive. You know a lot more about this than I thought you would."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:55 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Freya clapped her hands and pumped her right fist into the air, "Hell yeah, atta girl! A little lame that you're only having water, but I get that you're working."

They sat down at a 2 person table while Myth mixed the drink. Freya sighed as she sat and said, "So, tall pale and bishi got me up to speed about the thing on the moon and all that. He also informed me that my brother is half-dead. So, we're not going to talk about any of that. I've missed, like, the last two months of your life and I want to hear all about what's going on with you. So, spill the 'T.'"

Trinity smirked as she cheered for her. “To be honest, I did have a few drinks already. So it may be best I take it easy regardless.” Despite hiding it well she was loose enough to go into details of her request.

“I guess when you died I was in the morgue the with a few others, facing Death himself…” she filled her in on traveling through the Realm of the Dead and the battle against Crosis which lead to his demise. Then not long after that there were kids from an alternate future, one of them was Trin’s and Theo’s kid Leo the other being his and Liv’s kid Dawn, “Which is something I’m still struggling to get over.” she added. Then followed that with breaking up with Theo. The next day she lead Valhalla to battle against Eclipse and Daedalus. She brought up how Fenris not only rescued her mom but also wrecked the device Eclipse was going to use. After told her of the traditional big battle blackout reset drink. Where she drank herself blackout drunk emphasizing three things she was drinking to; her people that died on the beach, that she failed, Teshoumaru, and breaking up with Theo. She pointed out that Myth was the one who took her home with Hermes sandals. Then filled her in that she talked to Theo the next morning since she ended up there since her bed went out. She told her how she prevented Fenris from literally poisoning herself and about her and Fenris’ talk. Then there were some of Fenris’ struggles she helped coped with and how she saw important portions of Freya’s first love and was able to witness first hand how things went down with her first love. She pointed out it was about a month in the Shadow Realm which lead to a spar that went wrong. Banging her head and mistook her opponent for Theo and kissed him like he was Theo. She left out who it was on the receiving end. This to her was a sign, or so she thought, that she could get back with Theo. Yet the conflicts still remained and she ended up breaking up with him a second time.

The rest of the time period seemed uneventful. She and Rydia helped Fenris with training those new to fighting and harnessing their powers of the chosen and the AU kids especially Leo considering they shared one of the same powers which he still needed to work on. She talked about the battle she dealt with from Fenris last night, how Kerana and Alec saved her.

She brought up her talk with Crystallion this morning, (leaving the part about Leo out) and tried to take Fenris’ advice but found herself to be disappointed in the answer. There seemed to been no passing the torch from her AU self. The existence of Dawn still plagued her like a festering wound being picked at on sight. On the personality front Dawn was great and helped kept the other AU kids in line when needed and seemed to be a close friend of Leo’s. Yet moving passed her existence was difficult because the sting would start up again.

“So here we are. You have no idea how much I missed you. As much as I helped Fenris and wanted to see her become more of her own person … I could not help but think of you when I interacted with her. She had so many of your nuances.” she rubbed her head. “I’m just really glad you’re back.” she said with a smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:45 pm
Heather inhaled sharply through her nostrils as a wonderfully devious idea came to her. "I just thought of the best thing! We're gonna need my platinum card for this."

10 Minutes Later

"Thank you for choosing Taco Bell. Can I take your order?"

Heather hugged the ground in front of the menu speaker while Liv sat just behind her head to order. People had started to stare and take videos of what people were tagging as the #Drivethrudragon, but the clerk inside the drive through had no idea what was just around the corner.

Okami could not help but giggle at the site of Liam wagging his tail. Being flattered also made it difficult for her to ignore how hot he was. "Aww, hehe. It's nothing really. My Dad taught be everything he knew. He really wanted to help Mama by being a butcher, but he kept getting fur everywhere."

A pang of nostalgia struck her heart. She had not thought of her father in a long while. Like her and Freya, Semimaru was Kotetsumaru's wolf half. They would hunt together, and then spend the rest of the night butchering the meat for future meals. Anything that did not get gone was done during the rest of the New Moon. It was her favorite thing to do with her father.

She sighed, and said, "Anyway, time to get moving. First thing we should do is dangle it upside down so that the blood drains, but we shouldn't do that here. It'll attract scavengers. Got any ideas?"

Freya listened closely as Trinity went over some of the events that Liam had told her about, just in case he left anything out. She was receptive and responsive, especially when it came to Trinity's guilts. Freya had to admit, Trinity's personal dramas were always a source of amusement. Not because it was fun for her; not by any stretch. It was because each new event was like untangling a web of intrigue.

When they got to the part about Allines, Freya sent back her hair of the dog and requested the entire animal. She slammed several drinks back and completely forgot about her hangover, because she had gotten drunk again.

When Trinity was done, Freya hiccupped and replied, "Aww. I'm glad to be back, Trin. Fenris sounded like a hoot, but nuthin's better than the original. I'm just glad that you're okay. I should've put more trust in your abilities, but I thought I'd save y'all the trouble cuz I'd fought Eclipse before. You can see how that went. I'm so proud of you for going above and beyond what you thought you were capable of. I just got one thing to say, but you gotta promise you wont be mad."

She waited a few seconds and then blurted, "Didja get dense while I was dead. I mean, like, you really can't see what's goin' on?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:18 pm
Trinity raised her eyebrows as she asked her that question. She observed that she shifted gears in her drinks to get drunk again so she decided to look past the bluntness of the question and ask “Why do you ask?” She narrowed her eyes thinking there was a new perspective she wanted to share. Her immediate thought was regarding Theonis but she had to be certain, she did cover a lot after all. She continued drinking her water.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:11 am
"I mean, yer so smart, Trinity. But that means you can get caught up in yer own head. Think about it. Yer jumping through hoops and playin' all sorts of mental gymnastics ta convince yerself that you don't love the guy. But time and time again, you inav...indadv....accidentally found yerself goin' after him. You pop up in his bed. You kiss a guy who you think looks like him after takin' a shot to the head. Hell, you even tried goin' out with him again. But you break it off. Why? Cuz he likes big titty blonde bitches? Cuz another him had a kid with said big titty blonde b***h? ******** that s**t. It's not like he dropped you fer her, and yer treatin' that AU kid like a scab on the roof of your mouth that'd heal if you'd just quick tounging it. Sure that makes things look all complicated and s**t, but it's really not."

Freya knocked back and finished the last of her cocktail. "Yer heart knows what it wants. You know that because on top of thinking of ways you shouldn't be with him, yer trying just as hard to convince yourself of why you should. You've never let something stop what you wanted before, why're you doin' it now? The problem isn't that he'll be happier with Liv, the problem is that yer scared of getting hurt again. The problem is you. So, stop thinking so damn much about it and get that black eyed, pretty boy, windy d**k."

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:45 am
“Could you blame me though? How many times I had to end a relationship because I caught the guy cheating on me in bed? How many times have I said something like ‘ I wish I knew sooner, I wouldn’t waist my time’ or ‘If I knew sooner I would have ended it sooner’’ As you know I can’t see the future. Yet the one time the god damn future is staring at my freakin’ in my face everyone tells me to ignore it?” Agitated she sighed to herself. “Yet from his point of view. Even though it’s been a month for me it was a matter of days for him. Probably wouldn’t take me back if I tried a third time, ‘Damn b***h make up your mind’ or something like that.”

She sighed to herself once more. “I don’t think going back to him is the answer. I tried that and wanted it to work.” A tear streaked her cheek but nothing further. “It may be better for me to go with someone else entirely, not even associated with the AU.” She nodded toward Myth with a smirk, “I’m having dinner with him tonight. It may have been a friendly catch up dinner but, I plan to treat it like a date.”  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:15 pm
Liam listened to her story. It had never occurred to him before that the same thing happened to her father.

He sat down and used his telekinesis to lift it up to let the blood drain. Using Annie's ability to control liquids, he pulled the water out of the boar but not everything and not all at once. He did not know how much needed to be drained.

"I can turn this blood into water, that should prevent scavengers from approaching. How much should be drained? But to answer your question, no. I do not know"

"Yeah, hi, I'll have a, uuuuhh, Burrito Supreme. What about you babe?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:05 am
Rikki Tikki Travi

Leander was so dumbstruck that all he could manage was to mumble a few unintelligible sounds that vaguely sounded like words. It also did not help that Raina did not let him get a word in.

"What's that look?! You think you don't deserve to be knocked on your a** after what you did?! They told me everything! How stupid can you be?! I always knew you were ignorant and pig headed, but to sign away our rights?! For what?!"

Kerana's father finally stood up, but he did look like he wanted to argue. "Raina, por favor, not here. Can we talk where people aren't staring at us."

Sure enough, a small crowd had started to gather to see what all the commotion was about.

"Yes here and now and I don't care if people are staring at us!" she stepped forward in front of her mom, revealing her red ears and tail in the process which quickly shifted to her original hair, ears and tails. "You lost that privilege of hiding behind us behind the illusion of a perfect family. Even though you didn't consider it perfect because I wasn't your son!" She shifted again this time to a boy version of herself with short white hair no ears or tail. "There! Is this what you've always wanted!" her voice sounded like a teenage boy with a slight crack as he spoke with tears in his eyes. "Because that's a lie that will never come true." She shifted back to her normal form. “You did not give this family a chance… you never gave me a chance. Just ignored me because I wasn’t part of your vision of a perfect family.” Tears fell out of her eyes in her fury.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:54 am
"Him? Him who?"

Freya turned in her seat and looked in the direction Trinity nodded in. It took her a second, but she did remember him. She then turned back to Trinity and pointed over her shoulder.

"The ********' mermaid guy? He was the reason for one of your worst binges. Granted, I didn't help since I drank with you shot for shot, but I was this close to breaking his legs until you bought me a pitcher of Long Island iced tea."

"Are you sure that's what you wanna do? Go back to a guy who can manifest a mistress?"

Okami was impressed by the display. "Oh wow. You're handy to have around. Tell you what, let's go to my old home. Dad's tools should still be there. I'll give you directions there, and in a few hours we'll have that pig divided up for a weeks worth of food."

What should've taken a few hours look much less than that. Liam's penchant for learning and adaptation made him a model student, and his powers made quick work of the more difficult portions of butchering the boar. A few mistakes were made, especially during the skinning process, but he did a satisfactory job in Okami's eyes.

"Okay! We got him all divided up. Just wrap the parts in the paper, tie them off with the strings, and we can take what we don't use to the industrial freezer in Valhalla. Freya got special permission to keep her personal cuts of meat there, so we should be okay."

Heather cleared her throat and made her voice as feminine ad quiet as possible so as to hide the fact she was a dragon from the window clerk. She had to clamp her hands over her snout on several occasions to keep herself from giggling uncontrolably. "I'll have a hundred crunchwrap supremes, a fifty steak chalupas, fifty Doritos locos tacos, one hundred seven layer burriots, and *snrk* a medium diet coke."

"I am trying to watch my figure after all." She mentally projected to Liv.

There was a long pause on the other end before the clerk finally responded. "Are you serious? If this is a prank we're gonna call the cops."

Heather stifled a laugh again and insisted, "No no! I'm really really hungry. I could eat, like, two horses."

There was another moments silence, and then the click of the intercom. "Okay. Just to let you know, this will take a while to make. Please pull forward and I'll have your total at the window."

"Thank yoooou." Heather said sweetly. With another stifled laugh, she crawled forward a bit and craned her long neck around the corner until her left eye was at the window.

The clerk, a teenager who's nametag read "David," had turned away from the window monetarily so he could fill the medium drink. When he turned back around, all he could see was a massive green eye. The first thing he did was think was that it was like a scene out of Jurassic Park. The second thing he did was shout, "HOLY s**t!!!" and drop the drink.

Leander said nothing. He only watched as Kerana followed her mother's example and laid into him. He looked to Raina, who had also discarded her disguise.

"You're both...but they said-" he stammered.

"They lied, baboso! Now, answer your daughter!" Raina snapped

Kerana's father squeezed her plushy as he initially tried to think of a way to justify his actions. It was habit, after all. There was no way he could have possibly been responsible if he had been lied to, right? He just did what was best...what he thought was best...what he thought was best for his family...what he thought was best for him.

He could no longer hide or deny it. The months of loneliness and anxiety had worn him down. He had experienced a "come to Jesus" moment a week before that day at the festival. He had realized that what he had done, and how he had treated his wife and daughter was selfish and wrong. In his quest to make the family he had envisioned in his head the day he proposed to Raina, he had ignored the one that was there before him. Kerana's achievements were plastered all over the walls and shelves of their home. He had shunned them. Every photo of her and Raina was bright and cheerful. If he was in the picture, the smiles of family never reached their eyes. It was a farce. A sham. A fantasy at the expense of his family.

He had so much to say. He had thought about what he would say to Kerana and Raina when, or if, he saw them again. Yet after seeing the depths of the pain he had caused them, the mentally rehearsed lines failed to reach his lips. All he could say at that time was a sad, miserable, pithy...

"I'm sorry. You're both right. I'm so sorry."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:39 am
Under the guidance of Okami things went relatively well. Though he made a couple of minor mistakes. Something that irked him. He shouldn't make mistakes despite knowing it is normal in the process of learning. Regardless, he managed to divide the boar up into different sized pieces. All in all it was a valuable experience. Working with his hands was something he did enjoy doing.

As he was wrapping up the meat as instructed, his mind wandered a bit. Thinking of the various methods to cook it.

"Thank for this Okami. This has been...a valuable experience."

Liv also had to stifle her laughter. Looking around her, she noticed that they have definitely attracted a lot of attention. Which she honestly didn't mind but couldn't help but wonder if the cops would show up.

Then actually laughed at the clerks response. Made total sense, if she were in his shoes, she'd react the same way.

"Bad....Bad Dragon! You scared the poor kid!" She said 'scolding' Heather while laughing.

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games