Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:05 pm
Alec nodded to Theonis and began to lead the way to the chamber of perdition. After about thirty seconds of walking he looked to Kerana.

He whispered to her, "I know now really isn't the time, but the people who come here are bound by the emotion they felt when they died. The dream that killed me...I died of despair because I couldn't save you. You died because I was weak. I know it doesn't excuse my actions, but I was compelled to keep you alive by any means. If we don't survive this, I want you to know that I love you, and I'm sorry."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm
Nova Blancke
Legio stopped dead in his tracks and dropped whatever he was carrying instantly. He felt something! Having shared his senses with the wolf would allow her to pick up on this was well.

"There's someone in the water... still alive." He said out loud. Mostly spoken to himself and the wolf but he lacked the discipline at the moment to stop himself. The thought was faint. For how long would it last? Legio dropped his charade of an FBI officer. The being crouched, stored power into his legs and leaped towards the ocean over the boats and into the water. The source of the thought was close by. He felt it.

The wolf was just as desperate to save the thought as Legio was. "Don't just rely your brain. You're part shadow stalker now. Use your other senses. Listen and feel for any strange disturbances in the water. Sniff the survivor out."

They boy was exhausted from keeping his head above the water. His muscles and throat hurt. He tried to call out again, but no sound escaped his burned throat. He kicked a few more times and paddled with his arms. His small body had run out of energy. He took one more desperate, painful gasp of air and began to sink.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:31 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
Ako was silent for a long moment. He'd looked away from Gidget to the floor as he thought, but she might be able to see his eyes shift from fast movements to seemingly spaced out, unfocused stare. Even now, he was having trouble collecting his thoughts and memories. He looked back to her her when he was finally ready to answer.

"I think it's mostly after overuse. I mostly miss the times after some big struggle or fight. Before I came to the city, I was attacked by some punks on the road. I pumped enough juice into their car to blow the gas tank. Next thing I knew I was back here. Since then there have been a few attacks on Valhalla, and whenever I've helped, I've come to somewhere else in the facility at a later time. There's probably more to it than that, that's just what I can remember."

It was worse than she'd thought. His symptoms were advanced and readily apparent to her. It was time to let him know what she knew. She took his hands into hers and squeezed.,

"Ako...I think I know what's wrong with you." she started. "Since the meteor shower that made us what we are, there have been cases of metahumans either losing control of their powers, experiencing a power overload after non use, or developing symptoms similar to Alzheimers or sleep walking. Sometimes all three. I hated having to do it, but Charles Ray had a much more vast network of medical personnel at his disposal. It was actually easy to get him to help me, because he was starting to experience the same symptoms I just described."

"Before he released his particles, he'd delivered a docket of notes to me, and he had reached a conclusion that I had feared was the case."

"The condition that has been plaguing so many metahumans is a cancer. It is small, and almost imperceptible in CT scan, but it always in the pituitary gland. The cancer is unique in that it acts like a meteor fragment, giving off a radiation signature that disrupts other functions of the surrounding portions of the brain sporadically."

She raised his hands (not even thinking about how strong her artificial right hand was) and locked her watering eyes with his. "But I'm building something that can destroy the cancer and cure you. I just found you again after thirteen years, and I'm not going to let some damned disease take you away from us."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:36 pm
Deora_Alvarez
"I think? I had a lot of adrenaline going, I don't remember it all that clearly." That wasn't true, gaining this power had filled her with a sense of calm, as though she was suddenly in total control. The only fear she had came from looking back at just how fearless she'd felt. "No, there was someone there, but he didn't call himself Flint. He said his name was Rheum, and that he was the Aspect of Water's Adaptation. He said something is coming to destroy the world."

Heather stopped completely and muttered, "That's what Flint said. He was the aspect of Fire's rebirth and told me that a world eating monster was coming, and that I was going to help destroy it."

She looked away for a moment and then leaned her back against the wall. She ran her fingers through her white and brown hair and shook her head with disbelief.

"That's too similar to be a coincidence. What the hell is happening? Can there really be something worse than Legion?"  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm
His neck twisted in an unnatural way when he felt the presence. There it was. What happened next was straight out of the bible. Legio parted the sea. Combing his telekinesis with Annie's liquid manipulation. It was impossible to part the entire ocean naturally. It stretched out from the shores to just behind the young boy, who floated in the air. Legio let his body follow the direction he was facing so it no longer twisted its neck. His facial and body features slowly changed to look more like Freya. It seemed better that way. Freya was something familiar. Or at least more familiar that he would be. He could alter the boys memories but that would be...wrong. She let herself stand below the boy. Lowering the boy into her arms.

"Would you like to...take the wheel as they say it?" Legio asked the wolf.

Crystalion smiled at her daughters little squeak.

"She tends to keep things inside until it bursts. I managed to break her out of her shell a bit but she needs rest. Time to sort out of her head. "

Placing her hand on her daughter's shoulder she transported the both of them back to the infirmary. It seemed she was a bit more impatient than she let on. It has been a long.....long...day for all of them. But they were so close to rest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:17 pm
Ravan's reflection rippled into a neutral gender less face before it vanished and reformed into Ravan.

"You're new here, aren't you?" A soft voice came from the water." I've seen everyone who comes here but I've never seen you before."

Theo was following Alec and looking around. This place was not what he thought the after life would be like and part of him hoped he would never ever have to go here. Then again...Death would come for all of them and he had already cheated Death twice.

"How're you holding Trin?"

Cassandra was carrying Damian as she followed the rest.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
She raised his hands (not even thinking about how strong her artificial right hand was) and locked her watering eyes with his. "But I'm building something that can destroy the cancer and cure you. I just found you again after thirteen years, and I'm not going to let some damned disease take you away from us."

Ako had to remind himself to breath. It was something that was always in the very back of his mind, but he'd managed to almost forget about it. The meteor caused mutations. Amazing, often wonderful mutations. He'd been trying to forget that the most common mutation in humans was cancer. He was honestly surprised that he hadn't heard about more cases.

He held on to Gidget's hands as though he were drowning, or as though they were the tethers that would keep his mind from wandering away completely. He'd seen Alzheimer victims, and he realized then what his worst fear was. To forget Gidget, to not be able to remember their child's face, to possibly lose control of his power and hurt someone, those scared him more than any foe they'd faced. He felt that he had to stay strong for Gidget, though. He didn't want her to know how much this frightened him.

"I'm not going anywhere. We can beat this."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:40 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
"That's too similar to be a coincidence. What the hell is happening? Can there really be something worse than Legion?"

"At this point, I think there will always be something worse." Deora said. She stopped to lean her back on the walk next to Heather. "Every time one danger is defeated, another pops up to take it's place." Her eyes fell to the floor, and she felt like a weight had fallen on her shoulders. This was a lot to take in, even now that she had time to think about it. Was it up to her to defeat some world-ending creature? How could she do that?

No, that wasn't right. It wasn't up to her alone. Heather had unlocked her full powers, as well. There were probably others who'd been visited, and been given the same message. They wouldn't have to do this alone. "At least we have each other." She said. "We find whoever else Damien has unlocked, and we'll have a team. We got this."

Maybe it was false bravado, but Deora knew the power of faking it till you made it.  

Deora_Alvarez

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 pm
Nova Blancke
His neck twisted in an unnatural way when he felt the presence. There it was. What happened next was straight out of the bible. Legio parted the sea. Combing his telekinesis with Annie's liquid manipulation. It was impossible to part the entire ocean naturally. It stretched out from the shores to just behind the young boy, who floated in the air. Legio let his body follow the direction he was facing so it no longer twisted its neck. His facial and body features slowly changed to look more like Freya. It seemed better that way. Freya was something familiar. Or at least more familiar that he would be. He could alter the boys memories but that would be...wrong. She let herself stand below the boy. Lowering the boy into her arms.

"Would you like to...take the wheel as they say it?" Legio asked the wolf.

The wolf looked over the coughing boy from Legio's eyes. There were tattoos on his right hand that signified that he not only came from a line of aristocrats, but that he came from a line of truth seers.

"I'm assuming you turned into Freya. It would be in your best interest to change back before his coughing fit ends and he can see you. His eyes can see through transformations and illusions. If you want his trust, then be truthful." she advised.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm
The children had been cleaned and given simple sweait pants and tshirts to wear. A guard was lining them up to take them to the cafeteria. Leo was finishing getting dressed in his room and shouting at another guard.

"For the last time, I'm not going to press charges. She's not dangerous...okay she's incredibly dangerous, but what happened is between us. She wont hurt anyone else." he yelled.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:22 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
He held on to Gidget's hands as though he were drowning, or as though they were the tethers that would keep his mind from wandering away completely. He'd seen Alzheimer victims, and he realized then what his worst fear was. To forget Gidget, to not be able to remember their child's face, to possibly lose control of his power and hurt someone, those scared him more than any foe they'd faced. He felt that he had to stay strong for Gidget, though. He didn't want her to know how much this frightened him.

"I'm not going anywhere. We can beat this."

Gidget was so happy to hear him say that. She knew he was putting on a brave face for her. That was one of the thi gs she loved the most about him. He was her prince. He came to her rescue when she was being used by Charles Ray. He saved her live when she was bleeding out in the auditorium. Now it was time for her to save him.

Her emotions and wildly heightened hormones finally got the better of her. Her eyes immediately poured tears and she threw her arms around his neck.
She squeezed tightly and huffed, "You're damn right we will".

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:25 pm
Legio instantly turned back to his normal self.

"Are you alright boy?" He asked the boy as they floated in the air amidst the parted sea.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:31 pm
Deora_Alvarez
No, that wasn't right. It wasn't up to her alone. Heather had unlocked her full powers, as well. There were probably others who'd been visited, and been given the same message. They wouldn't have to do this alone. "At least we have each other." She said. "We find whoever else Damien has unlocked, and we'll have a team. We got this."

Maybe it was false bravado, but Deora knew the power of faking it till you made it.

Heather looked over at Deora and smiled. The latina had grown considerably since they met. Then again, so had she...quite literally.

"You're right. Since we were approached by beings of water and fire, maybe we should ask people with powers different from ours."

"Say, I think I remember Damien saying he did that skin thing to Mister Richards. We should ask him as soon as we can."
she chimed.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:37 pm
Nova Blancke
Legio instantly turned back to his normal self.

"Are you alright boy?" He asked the boy as they floated in the air amidst the parted sea.

The boy gasped a few times trying to catch his breath. Once he had calmed down he looked up at the man that had saved him. His throat hurt badly from inhaling smoke before his mother had thrown him from the flying machine to save him.

He studied the strange man with his iredescent eyes. Legio was not hiding his form, and that made the boy feel immediately better. He looked into Legio's eyes and nodded.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 pm
"Good." Legio responded. Going back to the beach would cause unnecessary problems. Though he was curious how they would respond to all of this, it would also mean they would become hostile towards him.

He let the sea around them close and rose further into the air. The boats were already making their way towards him. Something easily avoided when he rose further into the air. Legio raised his core temperature to help warm the boy up. Using Annie's powers he 'dried' off the boy.

"You are safe right now. Do not worry."

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games