Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 am
New goal, do 38+ dmg in 1 turn.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm
Kowsauni

Hahah I'm starting to regret playing the assassin....so many die rolls for one silly turn.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:13 pm
Ideally, -4 to the Razorclaw's attack roll vs all of you, -2 vs me. Compliments of your friendly neighborhood grumpy tiefling paladin.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:24 am
[quote="I Drink Blue Moon"

Razorclaw is blocking the exit and you cant move through his squares, so you cant move to AA23  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:17 pm
Kowsauni
[quote="I Drink Blue Moon"

Razorclaw is blocking the exit and you cant move through his squares, so you cant move to AA23

By way of where Kuori was, diagonally down and to AA23. Mechanically feasable.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:07 pm
I Drink Blue Moon
Kowsauni
I Drink Blue Moon

By way of where Kuori was, diagonally down and to AA23. Mechanically feasible.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but square X22 is a hard corner. Since the wall fills the square entirely, you cannot move diagonally through it from X23 to Y22. You would have to move through one of the squares Razorclaw is occupying to reach AA23, which isn't possible either. He's blocking the passage completely, so your end square will have to be different.  

Kowsauni
Crew

I Drink Blue Moon

Tricky Treater

10,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:23 pm
Kowsauni
I Drink Blue Moon
Kowsauni
I Drink Blue Moon

By way of where Kuori was, diagonally down and to AA23. Mechanically feasible.

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but square X22 is a hard corner. Since the wall fills the square entirely, you cannot move diagonally through it from X23 to Y22. You would have to move through one of the squares Razorclaw is occupying to reach AA23, which isn't possible either. He's blocking the passage completely, so your end square will have to be different.

K ... redoing everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:19 pm
The irony is, Revenge, a defender-class character, can use the three others as a wall to keep jabbing at the Razorclaw with his reach weapon, remain out of reach of retaliation, and pinging it for Divine Challenge damage.

This is not how you defend.

But tactics... tactics.....  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:05 am
I once made a paladin sorcerer hybrid with the same tactic of marking the target and then staying completely out of its range so it would be forced to take the damage.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:08 am
posting later ... bachelor party yesterday  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:08 am
I Drink Blue Moon
Trigger armor and taunt

Armor effect:
-2 to attack rolls save ends, then -1 to attack rolls, save ends.

Taunt effect
-2 to attack rolls until he hits Gloom with an attack.

Those powers both require an immediate action to use and you only get one immediate action per round, so you can't use both. Also, Razorclaw has to actually hit you for the armor power to trigger. However, since he missed you, the taunt power does trigger and take effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:32 pm
Lockdown commencing...  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am
Ryssa Blackblood

Please wait until I do an update post before posting your actions. Something is about to happen but I did not have time to write it out this morning.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 pm
H... huh.

Suddenly, I'm not that confident of our chances to beat this anymore.

Anyways, before I can do my post, I -am- going to need an updated map. I know there's still a few turns between now and then, but I'm just putting that out there.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:08 am
Hmm, I did update the map. It should be showing up. I see it when I look at the post.

For some reason the dice have been picking on Gloom and Revenge, especially Revenge. In my last three roll against him I haven't rolled below a 17 xd

You'll (probably) be fine though. No one has even begun to use any heals yet. Thava's got your back once it becomes her turn.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games