Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
[WWE] Decorate The Tree [Writing Contest] (Dec 5 @ 8am ET) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:57 pm
User Image

Start: December 5, 8am Eastern
End: December 6, 8pm Eastern

Christmas Tree by Rueka (Itemless)
Northern Wind by Azael (No Scarf, No Breath)
Olaf by Moxxiie (Itemless
Sven by Moxxiie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:57 pm
User Image
  1. Observe and obey all shop and event rules.
  2. Contest will start and end on time, regardless of whether or not I'm here to post open or closed.
  3. You may enter for one or for multiple prizes in this contest. Please keep your entries in one post.
  4. You may edit your post until closing time.
  5. Feel free to be creative in how the tree decorating happens! Just be aware that if you do something that breaks lore it won't be canon.
  6. Personality blurb is hard capped at 100 words and your story is hard capped at 200 words. I want to see how clear you can be with character expression, but succinctly.
  7. Please ask via PM or DM me on discord ( Feyreisa#6778 ) if you have any questions.

User Image

The Tree
[size=15][color=green][b]But I'm the tree![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Personality Blurb:[/b] [i]capped at 100 words[/i]
[b]How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story):[/b] [i]capped at 200 words[/i]

Olaf
[size=15][color=cyan][b]It's about to look a lot like the holidays![/b][/color][/size]
[b]How do They Decorate the Tree? (aka Story):[/b] [i]capped at 200 words[/i]

Northern Wind
[size=15][color=blue][b]Winter is here! Let us decorate with joyous cheer![/b][/color][/size]

Sven
[size=15][color=darkbrown][b]Don't dash through the snow now! There's decorating to be done![/b][/color][/size]

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

ArashiX
Crew

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:07 am
This has been open for three hours! :3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:12 am
But I'm the tree!
Name: Ithel, meaning "generous lord" from the Welsh elements udd "lord, prince" and hael "generous".
Personality Blurb: Patience is a river, and Ithel's is the steadiest. Even-tempered is a blessing, for it is hard to rile him up even when things are falling to pieces around his hooves. Slow and steady, Ithel takes his time to see something through -- whether its a goal in mind or a task to get done. While calm and patient, Ithel makes for a great listener -- always willing to listen and give what he can to help, even if it's just a strong shoulder and a compassionate ear. Nothing delights him more than being able to make someone happy.
How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story): Guided by a gentle hoof, the ornament is slowly slid up the surface of the snow-covered rock. It's an agonizingly slow pace, caught between the hope that the bauble doesn't slip away to crack on the ground nor scratch itself horribly against an unforeseen patch of rock not covered by glistening snow. Had Ithel not been born so tall, perhaps this would not be quite such an undertaking. But there was nothing to do about the matter, except to keep trudging forward. It could have been made easier if this were not a single stallion venture, yet he's alone for the season besides the lost mother and her foals that had taken shelter in his home. This would hopefully put a smile on their faces.

The ornament clicks into place at the top of the rock where the awaiting indent sits, and Ithel gave a soft sigh. Halfway there, and now came the hardest part.

Maneuvering himself around carefully, Ithel gently shakes his head to tease his long mane against the top of the bulb -- until the hook at the top snagged into his hair and held fast. Success! One ornament down, and only several more to go.  

Prism Shine
Crew

Fanatical Egg

Artymus

Feral Krampus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:00 am
But I'm the tree!
Name: Woodwose
Personality Blurb: Woodwose is a gentle and jolly guy, who appreciates a good celebration. He loves being in the company of others, and telling funny stories, or having a good meal. Even though he can be boisterous sometimes, he also loves the calm after a heavy snow; the peaceful silence that settles over a place. He can often be found quietly roaming, checking on the smaller creatures, and making sure they're safe in their dens and nests. Woodwose has a big heart, and cherishes the time he spends with company, Soquili, and otherwise.
How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story):
Woodwose makes a game out of decorating himself during his get-togethers. He volunteers to be the tree, so that the little creatures of his forest home don't get their nests disturbed. His friends vote on whomever decorated him the best, and he keeps the winner's decorations on through the rest of the winter season (or at least the rest of the party). Sometimes Woodwose gets a bit too free with his dancing, and will shake off one or two. But never fear! He always keeps a few for back-up, since he knows he's not the most graceful stallion to walk the forest. Sometimes his fellow party goers take bets on how many ornaments will break before the end of the night.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:50 am
Received PM from Doc advising they've won elsewhere

But I'm the tree!
Name: Noble Fir (I definitely did not know there were TONS of different species of pine trees traditionally used for the holidays!)
Personality Blurb: capped at 100 words Fir can be described as a gentle and cheerful giant. He brings joy and cheer wherever his presence touches. He can turn the most solemn of places and sad creatures into happy and hopeful spirits. It is hard for Fir to accept gifts and has been spotted leaving treats for fillies outside under trees. As a tradition, he uses his magic to create wishing ornaments for all Soquili that will decorate his mane and tail all season long, until the very last day of the holiday, one lucky pony has their heart's greatest desire fulfilled.
How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story): capped at 200 words On December 1st, Noble Fir visits the Soquili tribes, bringing cheer and merriment with him in his wake. He was gifted with strong winter magic that allows him to listen to the wishes of ponies. Their wishes are turned into beautiful twinkling ornaments that decorate his mane and tail. The ornaments twinkle and sputter like tiny stars. They get brighter and brighter as the holidays come to a close on December 25th. Noble Fir is essentially the living spirit of a Christmas tree and ensures that every pony in the tribes has the opportunity to decorate them with their own wishes. Each pony chooses a place on his mane or tail, their wish now made manifest floats to their exact spot of choosing, adorning his mane and tail. On December 25th, Noble Fir's ornaments will glow their brightest, slowly becoming a gentle snowfall of wishes, the brightest wish leaps off it's place on Noble Fir and rises into the sky like a shooting star. The lucky pony will have their wish fulfilled on January 1st to start their new year.

Doc Goth

Feral Fatcat

Doc Goth

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:00 am
Received PM from Doc advising they've won elsewhere

Don't dash through the snow now! There's decorating to be done!
Name: Sven
Personality Blurb: capped at 100 words Sven is a carefree and joyous spirit that loves spending time with his best friend, Christoff. He loves eating carrots (and any other crunchy delectable) and enjoys going for sleigh rides. Due to accidents in the past, he prefers to take others for a ride on his back or ride along side him. Sometimes he can be sarcastic, but he does this with good intentions to bring his friends out of dark sad places.
How do They Decorate the Tree? (aka Story): capped at 200 words
Sven bumbled up to a tall green fir tree with a goofy smile on his face. He took one step down off the snowy slope before tripping over his own hooves, turning his gentle walk into a wide ride. He bleated out in an attempt to get other ponies out of his way, some listened others did not. He came to a stop at the bottom of the Christmas Tree's trunk with a loud thud. A groaning sound filled the air as Sven was trenched in snow that had fallen from the tree's massive branches. With a loud shot and a deep breath, Sven's head broke the surface of the snow mound he was buried in. Many ornaments and lights had fallen along with the snow. Laughter filled the air as his antlers now looked more like a Christmas Tree than the actual tree. Sven trumpeted a goofy laugh along with them and then helped make right what he had undone. He welcomed the small fillies still giggling from his antics to decorate his antlers in memory of his impromptu sleighride.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:21 am
But I'm the tree!
Name: Tannenbaum aka Tannen
Personality Blurb:

Tannen was not always the kindhearted and merry individual that he is today; as a foal he was vain and self centered. It wasn’t until he experienced the shared terror of a truly harsh winter that he realized the importance of community and caring for one another.

Ever since he has taken it upon himself to use his lush green coloring as a reminder of winter’s end, and expanded his heart so as to love more than just himself.

A light hearted and spirited stallion, he believes in forgiveness and love above all else; sentiments he shares all year round.

How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story):

Every year around this same time a wonderfully festive atmosphere blankets the Kawani lands; bringing together strangers and neighbors alike and filling the air with nearly tangible feelings of mirth and hope. It is also the time when Tannenbaum, or Tannen as his friends know him, seeks to do his part in spreading such warm and delightful sentiments by giving of himself and spending quality time with those around him.

He travels near and far, hither and thither, with the singular purpose of bringing joy to all he meets in what may otherwise be classified as a beautiful but tough season for many. In order to accomplish his goal he crafts delicate little ornaments with any who cross his path, equine or otherwise, and teaches them songs of old as well as the importance of infusing these creations with their hopes and wishes so that he may carry them with him and keep them safe until the warmer months return anew.

Each friend he makes selects a special place within his mane to secure their ornament, safe in the knowledge that it will be well cared for and assist him in bringing warmth and cheer to all who see it.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:26 pm
As per Nyx's post on page two, Nyx has won a soq

It's about to look a lot like the holidays!
Name: Olaf (It would seem strange to name him something else)
Personality Blurb: capped at 100 words
A favorite childhood memory personified. Just because your icy doesn't mean you can't be warm. He might be covering some deep insecurities about his own worth, but he never questions yours. Delightfully cheery although sometimes oblivious, he tries his best.
How do They Decorate the Tree? (aka Story): capped at 200 words

Olaf really didn't know a lot about Christmas, but he knew a good deal about holiday cheer. His friends had decorated him with love and care, so he felt that a Christmas tree should probably be done in the same way.

Quietly humming, he selected a puny tree about his own size. It wasn't full and it didn't have a lot of limbs, but it did have heart. He could feel it. He talked incessantly to the tree as he placed a few orange peels as garland. The friendly little squirrels kept undecorating the tree though by eating his small ornamentation.

Next he tried placing some wooden toys and carrots on the tree. Olaf knew that these wouldn't stay on the tree long either, but he figured the best ornaments doubled as gifts. With a small buttony smile, he watched the caribou coming to eat and smiled. He could always decorate again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:45 pm
But I'm the tree!
Name: Evergreen
Personality Blurb: I am as strong as the trees I am named for. I must protect all that is dear. I am as tenacious as the roots that ground the trees. A defender can never waiver, even for an instant. I am as compassionate and giving as the earth that nurtures the trees. It takes only one act of kindness to bolster another’s spirit. I am as warm and generous as the light which guides the trees’ growth. To share with another, to give your all for another lends a brilliance to life that wards off the darkness of the world.
How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story): A chill wind blows across the lands. Winter has come to the Kawani, and with it the many traditions heralding a new season. These traditions are in full swing. From the Yule log to the mistletoe to the lit candles, everyone is finding their joy and spirit. So it is in Evergreen's forest. His is a simple tradition by most standards, but one that is none the less important. Friends and family have gathered together to decorate. Homes and trees alike are garnished with silver strands, golden stars, baubles of every color and bells of wondrous sounds. Then, when all is said and done, it is time to decorate Evergreen himself. To change out the old ornaments and strands for new. It is a tradition steeped in the lore of old.

Evergreen is their friend and their protector. His decorations meant to show their faith in him while also acting as reminder. Should he ever feel himself starting to wain or falter, he need merely glimpse the items adorning him. Therein lays the memory of what was and what can be. A symbol of life and love. Just as the sun returns so too does his spirit get renewed.

Don't dash through the snow now! There's decorating to be done!
Name: Svein
Personality Blurb: Svein has a very childlike sense of wonder and adventure. No matter where he goes or who he meets, he does so with a certain gusto and boundless energy. He never meets a stranger and will consider someone his best friend the second he meets them. His childish demeanor can be a bit problematic at times, getting him into certain scrapes and close calls. But once he's free and clear he doesn't give it a second thought. It's right on to the next thing. Happy go lucky as ever.
How do They Decorate the Tree? (aka Story): Svein bounded through the clearing with the energy of a young fawn. He couldn't wait to partake in the festival he'd heard so much about! He could already see the decorations and hear the sounds of merriment. Just a bit further and... The caribou skidded to a stop at the entrance of the festival gates. His eyes grew wide. The shimmering lights twinkled in his dark gaze. It was beautiful! After spending a full twenty seconds staring, he took off at a clip, going full tilt so that he could see and do everything. He was a brown blur as he darted around.

Hours passed by until Svein stopped at last. There was a decorating booth at the festival. A place that offered to decorate anything and anyone free of charge. Of course Svein couldn't pass that up! He walked right in, asking the owner to give him their best shot. Whatever they thought would suit him. The caribou could hardly contain his excitement as they worked. This would be something new and different! Sure enough, the owner didn't disappoint. The harness fit perfectly. And he absolutely loved carrots! This was definitely the best festival ever!  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:52 pm
But I'm the tree!
Name: Fraser
Personality Blurb: Fraser is a joyful soul with the patience of a saint. Unyielding in his desire to serve others with a warmth like a nice warm fire. Always one to lend his time to listen to others when they need someone to listen to them. Always one to give without wanting anything in return. Has a soft spot for foals and the wonder they have of the world.
How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story): The village was alight with excitement as everyone was looking forward to the festivities that would come later that day. The smells from the stalls absolutely mouthwatering teasing one's senses on the wind. Foals were playing before him and soon he asks them to quiet down. It didn't take long for them to settle in front of him once more. Their dear teacher Fraser they knew had a story instore.

It is a story he tells each year of a little foal finding joy among those most dear. It doesn't take long til the stories jolly end. Of a little tree decorated among friends. Before him lies two boxes filled with ornaments and bows. Strings of popcorn and tinsel ready to go. With giggles of delight the foals start to ruffle to find an ornament just right. Settling down he waits to see what the foals pick out as they decorate their version of the little tree. Ornaments are placed and strings of popcorn are wrapped over his head. The foals giggles make this worth it at days end. Once they are done they lead him around. Showing off their tree for the townsfolk around.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:29 pm
But I'm the tree!
Name: Evgeni Morozov
Personality Blurb: Born and bred to be the future ruler of harsh lands in the north, Evgeni is far from the iron-fisted, warmongering son his parents had in mind! Instead, Evgeni is a man of the people, a gentle soul who chooses to mingle with “the commoners” for the mere pleasure of their company. One on one interactions and problem solving are preferable to needless bloodshed and harm, always. Compassionate, helpful, and sometimes even a little naive, this stallion is the definition of the term “bleeding heart.”
How do They Decorate the...Tree? Themselves? (aka Story):

“You don’t look like a prince!”

Turning his attention to the foals surrounding him, Evgeni let out a chuckle as he snapped his wings out, the act making him look large and perhaps even threatening. “No?” He gave a shake of his mane, one brow raised. “Well then, what do I look like?”

“A tree!” One of them chirped out, causing the others to giggle. The stallion looming over them let out a scoff. Mock offense then turned into a wide grin, Evgeni leaning his head down to speak to them. He used his wings to gently gather them closer, speaking in a hushed tone as his wings encircled the small group. “See, I don’t know if that’s right. After all, trees are usually dressed up for the holidays.” Resisting the urge to laugh as a filly playfully tugged at his braid, he clucked his tongue. “I don’t look very festive...”

Realization struck.

“Decorations! We have to dress him up!”

With a smile, the stallion tucked his wings as he lowered himself to the ground, watching as the foals scattered to find what they might consider good holiday decor. Babysitting... a challenging task, but one he was happy to do.  

~Spazzy_the_Wolfie~

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:53 pm
But I'm the tree!
Name: Cernunnos “Gwydion”

Personality Blurb: Born of tragedy, raised by the forest to be a survivor and protector, he seems cold and stern - withdrawn and bit of a hermit - this is by necessity, not choice, and he has a heart of gold and a love for those who are smaller than he and who need and desire someone to take care of them.

How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story): It was said - or so Gwydion heard - that at certain times of year, if wishes were brought and placed upon a tree, they were more than likely to come true. How wonderful, he thought, if such a thing were actually true.

So he set about to try and make this thing a reality. He first went to a few clever handed familiars and sought trinkets, then he sought out the broken, the weary, and the downhearted.

‘Take a wish’ he offered, ‘and tie it to my mane, and whisper in my ear… If you wish with all your might, perhaps it might come true.’

What wishes he was able - he granted himself. Others, he turned back to network of familiars and other creatures he had enlisted to help, and the soq might find their wish granted another way. And some, some were never able to be fulfilled, but these seemed to be few and far between.

And so the legend grew, and come wintertime, those who were weary, broken, or downhearted kept a hopeful eye to the forest, in hopes that the green wishing stallion would come and that their wishes just might come true.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:11 pm
But I'm the tree!
Name: Cane
Personality Blurb: Boring is the word Cane uses for themselves, but they don't mind it too terribly. Others consider him humble, patient, and a bit of a clutz, but Cane sees himself as unexciting and routine-driven. Because, well, he is-- he thrives off knowing exactly what to expect day to day and finds surprises uncomfortable, although he tries to put up with it. He seeks company but struggles with juggling his expectations of life and the spontaneity of others, forcing him to take breaks for times from other pony interactions.
How do They Decorate the...Tre—Themselves? (aka Story): Others often asked him how he got about his daily life. Being blind was always seen as a hindrance for those sighted, and Cane could see the reasoning as to why. For him, however, he was born without sight and had no frame of reference for any other life. The decorations that often adorned him weren't even his idea, honestly, and Cane didn't mind if he bore them or not. In fact, he never decorated himself, he just always laid there as the local foals and families used him as a stand-in tree.

"It's just how it's always been." Cane would explain, but really it was a long-standing tradition since he was a child. Growing up he was raised in a close community and often expressed how he felt like he just didn't connect with tree decorating traditions like the others. He couldn't see, after all, and struggled to place the baubles. It had been the communities idea to include him in a way that was both more personal and relatable. He's never complained, either, because at the end of the day he enjoys the connection, and he especially looks forward to the laughter the tradition brings.  

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

Kiara Lime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:24 pm
Moo here- Kiara wanted me to post she already won a Soquili!

Winter is here! Let us decorate with joyous cheer!
Name: Wisp
Personality Blurb: Chipper and full of energy, Wisp enjoys the little things in life. She's a glass is completely full kinda gal.
How do They Decorate the Tree? (aka Story): It was the winter season and Wisp was stoked, Specially when it came to the holidays. there was so much to do. bake cookies, write cards, get presents to send to friends, but most of all. Decorating the Christmas tree. Most of her decorations were crafted by herself or gifted by friend, and she couldn't wait as she sorted all the boxes, and went strait into the decoration. First the tinsel, then the beads, popcorn, lights, and here came all the ornaments. After was her favorite, The tree topper, which was a lovely snowflake, her grandmother passed down to her and they lighting it all up. Every holiday was filled with joy, and her tree brought her so much pride.

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff