GOLD! 0.1588785046729 15.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 214 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Update: So zOMG has ads at the beginning of the game. Swarf says we can watch 5 of them per day to keep zOMG running. So if we can get people to watch a few times a day, we know that this money goes directly to zOMG to keep it running. Clicking ads around the site (and posting here) still helps but watching the ad as you load up zOMG seems like it'll help in a more direct way. So take a minute or two, watch a couple of ads. They've been 30 second ads for me. Taking two minutes gets you through 4 ads and that money goes to help zOMG with updates! Feel free to post in this thread what ads you're seeing when you load the game too! I'm curious if we're all seeing the same thing or not.

Original post: So, my dear zOMGaians, I'm sure many of you have heard one way or another about the devs that work on the game being pulled off of the game to work on other projects. So I've been thinking of ways to show Gaia how important zOMG is. We post and we suggest things and we petition but we aren't getting results. So I have an idea to show Gaia how important we are to them.

Part of the problem is zOMG doesn't bring in enough revenue. We can only buy so many power ups to support the game. So let's support the game indirectly.

Gaia receives money from advertisements. The new format was changed so it could include a new advertisement in an attempt to make more money.

What I am proposing is to get as many zOMGaians to click on an ad or two (or more if you want). Are you using ad-block? Turn it off for a little bit, click a few ads then turn it back on. Do you see internal ads? Use a mule account to click on a few ads.

Viewing and clicking ads makes Gaia money. Gaia pays attention to money. If we click ads and make them more money, they're going to notice. (If they make enough money maybe they can hire a new dev onto the zOMG team and bring back our devs and push out more content!)

But don't just stop when you click an ad. Come back here and let us, and Gaia know that you support them. Post and let Gaia know that you clicked a few ads, not for you but for them and the game.

Let's show Gaia that as a group, we need to be listened to. That zOMGaians want to help them because we are passionate about this site and we are passionate about this game.

Every click counts. Just want to click one ad per day? Great. Do it and tell us you did it. Do you want to do more? Great, do that and tell about it. If everyone were to click just one ad per day, when we didn't used to, the change should be dramatic.

As for what ads to click. Some ads come off as spammy. Those that talk about a crush or talk. If you're going to click ads, then stick with things that look safe. I click ads from stores that I recognize or companies I recognize. Don't click anything that looks too spammy else you may get some spyware or worse.

TL;DR: Let's show Gaia how much influence we, as zOMGaians have, by clicking an ad or two per day then posting here about it.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
We need a banner for this. And affiliates. If you want to be listed as an affiliate, send me a PM with the code to your banner and thread. <3

zOMG! and Sponsorships!

.~.Spreading zOMG! Awareness.~.

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

I'm glad you're suggesting a new approach to the problem, and if people will do it I hope it works. Also, I just want to say that purchasing things from Back Alley Bargains does not directly go to support/fund zOMG. Gaia does not yet have any items that can be purchased that directly support zOMG.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Way to come up with a way to support! Nice work. 3nodding

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
cajunvoodoo

I'm glad you're suggesting a new approach to the problem, and if people will do it I hope it works. Also, I just want to say that purchasing things from Back Alley Bargains does not directly go to support/fund zOMG. Gaia does not yet have any items that can be purchased that directly support zOMG.

While this is true, Gaia should keep track of how many items are being purchased from what areas. If people buy 1000's of power ups, it doesn't support zOMG directly but it would show that the users support the game by buying these products. If Gaia sees that the game can make money then they'll focus more on it, I suspect.

If we can show Gaia that a large number of users support zOMG then perhaps they will listen to us. Or if we can show Gaia, that while there may not be thousands and thousands of people that play zOMG, we can still be a powerful force.

I'm really hopeful that this might work. It doesn't take much time to click a few ads. And what is great about clicking a few ads is you don't need to buy cash to do it. So this is a way for those that can't buy cash to show support too.

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

Lady Kayura
cajunvoodoo

While this is true, Gaia should keep track of how many items are being purchased from what areas. If people buy 1000's of power ups, it doesn't support zOMG directly but it would show that the users support the game by buying these products. If Gaia sees that the game can make money then they'll focus more on it, I suspect.

If we can show Gaia that a large number of users support zOMG then perhaps they will listen to us. Or if we can show Gaia, that while there may not be thousands and thousands of people that play zOMG, we can still be a powerful force.

I'm really hopeful that this might work. It doesn't take much time to click a few ads. And what is great about clicking a few ads is you don't need to buy cash to do it. So this is a way for those that can't buy cash to show support too.

You're definitely right about the purchase of power ups being an indicator that people are interested in zOMG, it just really irritates me that there isn't a single thing that players can purchase to directly suppport the game. But I digress...

& like I said before, I think this is a good idea if people are willing!

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
cajunvoodoo

You're definitely right about the purchase of power ups being an indicator that people are interested in zOMG, it just really irritates me that there isn't a single thing that players can purchase to directly suppport the game. But I digress...

& like I said before, I think this is a good idea if people are willing!

It would be nice if the money from the power ups went directly to zOMG. Or even if Gaia came out with other items that'd go to direct support of the game.

Ferocious Pumpkin

*Clicks an ad*

Btw, you should warn people to click ads that they can trust like Macy's or a movie. None of that "you have a crush" s**t. I don't trust those types of ads. Spam...

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
OMG tay-tay
*Clicks an ad*

Btw, you should warn people to click ads that they can trust like Macy's or a movie. None of that "you have a crush" s**t. I don't trust those types of ads. Spam...

Yay! My first ad-clicker-bragger! biggrin

And that's a good idea. I just upgraded the first post.

Bashful Sex Symbol

I've clicked a few, too. I really hope this does help. ^^

Ferocious Pumpkin

Lady Kayura
OMG tay-tay
*Clicks an ad*

Yay! My first ad-clicker-bragger! biggrin

And that's a good idea. I just upgraded the first post.

Awesome =D

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Purple Pimp Crusader
I've clicked a few, too. I really hope this does help. ^^

Yay! Thank you for clicking and posting to tell us. biggrin

Perhaps I'm being silly but I like to think if this works well, that we'd get some more new content. I'd love to visit Durem and Aekea! And the Boardwalk.

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

Sounds like a nice idea : )

*slight question*

How do you plan to get Gaia to notice this thread?? o3o Would you wait until it's big enough for them to notice it or PM a link to the devs...?

Conservative Knight

I support this. *runs off to click some ads*
I support this idea! I've already turned off my Ad-block for Gaiaonline specifically and clicked a few ads. Feels good, man. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff