Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Birthday zOMG! We should celebrate zOMG's day by...

Eating large amounts of SUGAR!!! 0.22466039707419 22.5% [ 430 ]
Wishing everyone playing in zOMG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 0.14838035527691 14.8% [ 284 ]
Sharing our favorite memories about zOMG! 0.06269592476489 6.3% [ 120 ]
Giving [ JK ] to Marshall as a present... 0.17763845350052 17.8% [ 340 ]
I'M KIDDING JK!!! HONESTLY!!! 0.022988505747126 2.3% [ 44 ]
Joining in singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to zOMG! 0.070010449320794 7.0% [ 134 ]
Talking smack to animated. YEAH. You heard right Coatl!!!! D:< 0.15151515151515 15.2% [ 290 ]
Posting in this thread!!!!!! 0.051724137931034 5.2% [ 99 ]
BAWLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0.090386624869383 9.0% [ 173 ]
Total Votes:[ 1914 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 49 50 51 > >>

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image

Hello and welcome to the official zOMG! Birthday Party thread! Here, you will find information detailing the events for October 27th, the day zOMG! was released to all of Gaia.

Please join us in celebrating this wonderful day! Whether it be playing catch with the lag monster, sharing a birthday cake with landy, or crewing with Mr_Ubin. Then again, Marshall may want to be a part of the fun, so save a piece of birthday cake for him too!

Want to wish zOMG! a very happy birthday? Post and share your love and support for the game, whether it be a sonnet, art, song, video, or even your favorite memory with the game. zOMG! loves all!!! Even if Marshall can never find love that will last more than a day..... sad

Want to spiffy up your signature? Feel free to use a banner! biggrin
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/the-zomg-official-birthday-party/t.75514115/][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q74/redkutai/Button.png[/img][/url]

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
User Image
Gaia's MMO zOMG!:

zOMG! is a fun hangout and comical casual MMO game that you can socialize with friends, play hide and seek, get Gaia married, race each other's avis, and be completely fashionable while strolling around the world of zOMG! What makes it different from other games is there is no set class you have to be. You can be a healer, tank, or range attacker whenever you want to be using rings. You also get more help from other people for quests compared to other MMO games with how friendly people are.

There are summons that cry when you die and do hearts when you revive. The science in the game is completely comical in that you can use fire underwater and the monsters are like a combination between animal and machine or household object like a purse. There are aliens called zurg that are related to the plot of the story somehow and vampires to fight in the future.

So join the close knit zOMG! community today.

Tiny Angel

21,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Winged 100
User Experiences (Videos)

A reminder of what we all saw the first time we played zOMG. User Image

From playing zOMG we've all had our share of memorable moments. From the first time you beat the Gnome General all the way to the time you went to fight EB for the 4th time and finally being able to snag your very own Sinister Scarf. There are also those times that defy normal play and brought the players together to fight for 1 goal. Some of those being the Halloween event to fight Jack or even the massive KJ spawns that took over entire areas!

Feel free to show off your amazing videos for all to see. Just post them in the thread with a quote to me and I'll link to them below. Enjoy the fun times you had together!

Quote:

Some videos of the Awesome Birthday Party in zOMG on 10/27/11
part 1 - http://youtu.be/rcm2DgvN6u8
part 2 - http://youtu.be/rBpsRAdi54s
part 3 - http://youtu.be/NQIsUn7kBtU
part 4 - http://youtu.be/JFhEkCDfy18

Videos by Ren Orenji Doragon

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
User Image

***The parties are over, yet we would like to thank absolutely everyone for their continued support and enthusiasm for zOMG! I will also be linking to your screenshots of the parties at the bottom of this post, so please do share!***

Come celebrate zOMG!'s birthday in-game on Thursday, October 27, 2011!

Server
First alphabetically! -- Garlic ( subject to change )

Our main festivities will be starting at the Barton Fountain in Barton Town!

---

First party is over! Thank you to everyone that attended!
Meet us at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time for our first party! [time zone converter]

Special attendees:
  • [ JK ] ( surprise appearance ) - has since left

---

Second party is over! Thank you to everyone that attended!
Come back at 3:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time for another meet-up! [time zone converter]

Special attendees:
  • Mavdoc - has since left
  • mlos ( surprise appearance ) - has since left
  • swarf ( surprise appearance ) - has since left
  • bronstahd ( surprise appearance ) - has since left
  • Panagrammic ( surprise appearance ) - has since left

---

Final party is over! Thank you to everyone that attended!
For our final party, come meet us at 9:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time! [time zone converter]

Special attendees:
  • Kuzuan ( might be a bit late ) - has since left
  • Mavdoc ( last minute surprise appearance ) - has since left

-----

Screenshots! Can't have a party without them!
Playing a mock-up of the Fountain Game!
[System] dropped in to wish zOMG! a happy birthday!
Looks like that restraining order needs to be more enforced, [ JK ]!
Thank you for the very interesting, but rather scary fact, swarf!
How many Devs can we fit in a crew at one time?
swarf manages to make a big, not-so-angry mob out of us!
How many Devs can we fit in a crew at one time? ( part deux )
Happy birthday, zOMG! We love you!
More birthday wishes for zOMG!
Hey look! We can spell zOMG without those wingding shirts!
Lots of love for our great game!
More spelling! Hey, do you think we can win the next spelling bee at this rate?
Much love for [ JK ], zOMG!'s lead Artist!
There's so much love, it's just overpowering!
Some epic random spawn moments!
More spawns of epic caliber!
[ JK ] sneaks on one last time to say goodnight!

Album of screenshots! Courtesy of scullylam!

Thanks to Red Kutai for the excellent banner work!

Mega Hoarder

User Image

In-Game Events!

Scullylam's Boss Run Thread - Several to choose from!

Let us eat cake!

Kenny's Virtual Cakes - signed by zOMGaians!

Zea's Real Cake with Avis
- decorated with zOMGaians and animated!

Moar Stuff!

[ JK ]'s Blood stone Amulet Raffle - enter and win!

Bday Badges by Berryfarmer - commemorate the day!

Becky's Party Favors - ENDED - Thanks Becky!

That's all I can find atm. If I missed something, please quote me and let me know!

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Mavdoc
Happy birthday zOMG!! You don't look a day over 2! wink

One of my memories of zOMG! was working on the final room in Sealab. I came into Gaia HQ on a Saturday to continue working on various aspects of the entire Sealab Compound. It's rare to see anyone else at Gaia HQ on the weekend, and this was no exception. The building was completely empty and quiet. Aside from the time I left the building to grab some quick lunch at the McDonalds located next to eBay, I spent my day alone in Gaia HQ.

That day I was able to finish the final room where Labtech X resides and tested it all out in Flash. It felt like a landmark accomplishment to finally have that in the game, like it should be cause for celebration of some sort! So I remember it feeling weird that I was sitting there alone in a dark, quiet, empty building when it happened! xd

I just sat there thinking about all the Gaians that would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that time. Thinking that who of our future players would ever guess that their adventure starting off on a train arriving at Barton would ultimately lead them to this one room inside a huge base located at the bottom of the sea fighting a monstrous robot. I had always really loved that the final underwater areas were almost hidden, and located off the main maps where places like Zen Gardens and Otami Ruins reside. Keeping this a secret from the zOMG! players was important to me as I didn't want any of this to be spoiled before they could discover it for themselves.

Most players know this area all too well now. biggrin I've always been so happy that there are people who continue to enjoy zOMG! every day, and we were able to create something that gave so much joy to their lives. Also the friends I've been able to make through zOMG! has been priceless! 3nodding

Congrats zOMG! and thank you all! mrgreen

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Notable zOMGaian's Memories

Do you have a memorable experience in zOMG!? It could be you first time playing, earning your first ring, being stalked by Marshall, and countless others. Post them in this thread, along with your Birthday wishes. We will select memories to be posted in the front page, heart

Unbeatable Tofu

So I'm going to go ahead and post my favorite moments of zOMG.

1. The feeling of being accepted into testing zOMG on my mule account. I was so excited because I have never been a Beta tester before. I remember being in the thread that was created and the feeling of the 404 error. No matter how badly I hated getting that 404, I still loved it.

2. Beating the Bosses back when all their names were highlighted red. Funniest moment of beating the bosses before the change was when I was in Dead Man's Pass with a crew. Took us 4 tries before we could beat the boss.

3. The frustrations of people killing Kate's doll before she was placed in the shrine. The lag was so horrible but I met so many people that way.

4. Getting attacked by Land Shark before the change and beating her Omnomnom best shark ever!

5. Beating Stone Coatl before the change The crew I was with was amazing and we were able to beat Stone Coatl in one try. Took over an hour.

6. Beating EB for the first time and getting my scarf on my mule This was back before there were different levels that you could pick. Took over 3 hours and I loved every minute of it.

Happy birthday zOMG and thanks for all the memories.

Ren Orenji Doragon

I would also like to contribute another fond memory of mine. Story time, everyone!
I had one of my real life friends over at my house, on a Friday, no less. There was a Dev meeting going on, but I had to take my buddy home, so I reluctantly left the Zen Garden meetup to do so. As soon as I got back, I hopped straight back into Zen, was lucky enough to get an invite to the right layer, and participated in what little time was left of that Dev meet. If I remember correctly, [ JK ] and swarf were present. I think what makes this Developer meeting the most memorable to me was that we ran laps around the Garden. When I heard "final lap" though, I was kinda sad that I had missed the majority of the meetup, but then there was mention of yet another ( unknown to me at the time ) Dev showing up later on. I gladly waited for said Dev to show up and, sure enough, at around 10 or 11 PM Pacific ( I forgot which time. ) guess who shows up? Kuzuan! Since most of the people from the earlier meeting had left, trying to communicate was much easier and more organized. Plus Kuz was always to the point if there was something brought up that needed attention or was being worked on. And as I found out through several more of his Dev meets, had a great sense of humor which I'm quite sure is still there today.

So anyway, I guess you could say that's why I'm so fond of him. XD ( Sorry for the tl;dr. ><;; )

Scobre
Ok I'm up early for the setup. Anyway I joined gaia because of zOMG! and when I got my trading pass on gaia I started playing zOMG! I was regularly playing Sims 2 and was fascinated with how evil the gnomes were in the game. When I saw my brother playing village greens with the gnomes and flamingos, it kind of reminded me of the items I would put in my sim's yard and for months my brother told me to join but that I would become addicted. So February 10, 2010 I started playing zOMG! while in my senior year at university. I would play at nighttime after I got my homework done and was able to level from 1CL to 10CL in two months. When I played the tutorial, it was really short and I was like, is that it? When I saw village greens for the first time I kept laughing when I would shoot the flamingos and gnomes with guns ring. By April I did my first shallow seas run with Tarot Rune and Chaotic Pyre who were kind enough to teach me how to play the area. I met jenzee and JK for the first time in a shallow seas run and was shocked to learn JK worked on Sims 2. I started attending dev meats that summer and remember seeing Mavdoc and JK a lot and being entertained with how funny they both were together. So those were my fond memories.

Zzyli

Memories of ZOMG? The constant 'Connection to Server Lost' issue owing to my crummy internet, Being picked as a Zeta tester & unable to progress past VG because I was getting killed by mushroom cannons constantly, the kindness of random strangers when trying to do certain quests. So many memories- and mostly great ones!

Queer Passions
User ImageUser Image

My favorite memory ahh last year's Halloween event. Although I was sad because Flajeu had recently left Gaia I got to crew with all of the devs at some point, Flaj included emotion_yatta Sitting in Otami with Bron for a few hours, so much fun, and with JK too, who leveled himself to like cl 20 and sat back watching us all struggle.

Fire Demon Kunai

And this brough back alot of memorys for me when I first started playing, like how b4 kat had her own shrine, or bosses had level choices, lol I even remember Frank.
lol When I first had to beat the omgwtf, i was 2.2, i just couldnt do it, and a lv 4 person came along and help me beat him and I was just in awe because I had never seen anyone over the level of 2.4 and I thought that person was so cool. And then making my way through every level untill I finally made it to the lab XD and I got my butt kicked hard! but I had so much fun.
lol im rambling, ill stop now. XD

momo_no kawaii
wow...i remember being a beta tester for Zomg...three years since the animated started taking over, and the battle rages on...happy birthday Zomg

wolf of the ninja
It's hard to believe that its been 3 years already; I remember when it first came out, when rings were not soulbound, and dieing in the sewers.

Nobara
I remember beta testing zOMG, playing it when it came out...and being discouraged because of the epic lag. But then I got a new computer, and tried again, and I've been very pleased with the improvements made.

outlier
I remember there was one npc that lost his pants when you buffed him with div XD

ZaurielGuardianAngel
My funnies memory was trying to smob...... at level 5.9.
we finished the entire thing but not before defibing me 500k times.

Ryu teh Ryu
[ I remember when the game was first launched. xD I spent so many hours putting off homework to play it. xD Within reason!! ]

Chombi
My most memorable time on zomg is when i first saw the land shark, my heart was racing and everyone was dieing, it was awesome.

User Image

User Image

User Image

yuchin4life
I remember the times when landy and shewolf were wild~
so many "defib!!! DEFIB!!!!! COME DEFIB ME!!!"
"OMFGG LANDSHARK IS OUT LANDSHARK..."
"SHE WOLF IS OUT.. SHE'S BY THE CAVE!! WATCH OUT!!"

everywhere she wolf and landy runs/jumps to~ they leave a crowd of dazed people

fun times.. where you can lure your friends or enemies to landy or she wolf as prank

Holding on to Hope
Some of my absolute favorite Gaia memories involve the Easter and Halloween events that have taken place on zOMG! Love it!! Happy birthday, zOMG! biggrin

scullylam
zOMG! just like Gaia, came into my life for the better. I still remember the online survey so you may be an option to be a part of zeta testing. Well, I was accepted as zeta in the last installment. I remember Qixter telling me to whisper him and I had no clue how. I still don't know all my shortcuts in any messenger but I have made sure in zOMG I know how to whisper. xd I still remember the secret guild and the banner art and thread talking about how hawt Nicolae is. And when outfits were in his store before release.

The day before zOMG went out to the public, I stayed on the test server until it shut down. I don't know if I was the only one, but sitting on the dock in Bassken, it was quiet and calm. I stayed up that whole night just thinking about how every single user may enjoy this game. And on top of it, love the trailer for it.

Honestly, that zOMG trailer is the most beautiful thing I have seen. And everytime I watch it, I cry. I never thought that out of Gaia could be something so amazing. And the world of zOMG is that. Amazing.

I am glad to be a part of zOMG, even if it was for a small amount of time. But, I am glad knowing I was able to help in one way or another. And here I am... I still don't have my sinister scarf. *lol* I said to myself I would hold off getting that recipe as long as zOMG is officially released. It looks like, I should go for it now. And it is something special to me that I won't forget. It'll remind me of all the times I played zOMG through these years, farming for orbs, getting stuck in boss lairs due to computer failure, making friends, and joining dev meets.

Thank you zOMG. And thank you everyone who created this game.

white_exile16

Memory in zOMG? Too many to mention.

But there's this one which is my favourite:

When I first tried zOMG, I talked to Frank, went into the sewers, went to Village greens, talked to Elizabeth and my first ever visit to the Null chamber.

The first thing I saw when I got out of the Null? A flying clipboard. I was bewildered.
My first thought: " eek What on earth was that flying clipboard?! emotion_jawdrop And green glowy light?! Ooh, there it is again ..Pretty Glowy Thing! emotion_kirakira "

Ehehehehehe, I still smile like a fool everytime I remember that ;D

Syphris

Sure, I was alone for a majority of the time as I leveled up and experienced the pleasure of killing lawn decorations, dead accessories, dollies and pesky wolves. Until I met the landing that is Papasaw. I had to meet people. I couldn't stay in my shell and solo such things. And I opened up. Others were like me. I soon had a reason to get online every day. People entered my life, just as I hope I entered theirs. I had a reason and a smile rather than sheer confusion.
From that point on, people have even become a part of my life off of the site alone. All because of this community that was built up. A child that has just turned 3. Still so young, so much to learn and we're blessed to be along for the ride.

TerrAqua111
I tried to think about favourite memory to share but the only things that came to my mind when thinking about zomg were lags and fighting the same enemies for hours because I hardly got any orbs and so couldn't switch to a higher leveled enemy.

Kohaku_of_Darkness
my best memories of zomg is when the jack event goes on cause everyone gets madz amount of gold for destroying him [^_^]

Kitsiru

Why, I remember your (mine actually) very first epically slow steps!

That is my fondest (stupidest) first hours of my life with you!

Along with doing the 4 hour long eb runs that I had to take care of despite running on 56k modem.

And the time when your favourite pet was a rock which would keep even a cl 1.0 player from dazing out in front of eb.

And, I've been with you all the way.

sdrawkcab
Sorry to say I can't think of any great memories at the moment. All that are coming to mind was how I used to sit and wait for a couple hours at a time for kat's doll to spawn... until someone confirmed that that quest was broken. It stopped me from leveling for at least a couple months. And I remember beating zomgwtf for the first time. @ 3@ A CL 10 person volunteered to help my crew. He let the other five of us level 2ish people barely keep afloat as we struggled to chip away at its health for awhile until he basically one-shotted it. So awesome of that person. XD And a good reason for those level caps that were put into place sometime later~ I remember the first zOMG Halloween event. I played that over and over and over and over and over. I remember when I got all 40 rings. <3 I remember when I hit level ten. <3 I remember when I made all 40 rings level ten. ow o All of those things happened because of that Halloween event. XD

xjezzax
My most funniest memory was when i 1st went to zomg i was racing around like a headless chook then i got lost and asked someone how to get to where i wanted to be.I landed back then i was in the middle of a lot of ppl and totally got confused as to what i was wearing because i had forgotten what i looked like and what avi i had on lol so needless to say i was a complete loser trying to find myself,thats what you get when your a newbie and don't take notice of what u have on.hahaha smile being the complete fool i had to ask someone where i was omg what a fool. Smiles jezza smile

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image

From us in the zOMG! community, we would like to thank Gaia Online for setting forth the plan to have its own MMO. Without that simple "thought" there would not be a game. We also want to thank the zOMG! team, the developers, artists, programmers, QA, and players who have spent time into creating the wonderful game we enjoy now.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces