Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
What's y'all's opinion on the AtA that went down. Did you get enough of your questions answers?

I'm curious to gauge your reactions.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yeata Zi
What's y'all's opinion on the AtA that went down. Did you get enough of your questions answers?

I still feel like they sidestepped and avoided some of the major questions. Pan seems to be open to suggestions, but I feel he doubts our resolve and ability as a community.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Berryfarmer
Yeata Zi

I still feel like they sidestepped and avoided some of the major questions. Pan seems to be open to suggestions, but I feel he doubts our resolve and ability as a community.
*nods nods* I got that some too, but at least they seem apologetic?

I'm hoping that what they are doing is waiting to answer the harder questions until next week.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yeata Zi
Berryfarmer
Yeata Zi

I'm hoping that what they are doing is waiting to answer the harder questions until next week.

Apologetic isn't the word I'd use. They were definitely better prepared for zomg based questions this week but weren't apologetic more like excusive.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Berryfarmer
Yeata Zi
Berryfarmer
Yeata Zi

Apologetic isn't the word I'd use. They were definitely better prepared for zomg based questions this week but weren't apologetic more like excusive.
-shrug- Perhaps so.

I wasn't expecting biglanky to white us a book.

Destructive Bunny

I was dissapointed.
Looks like we are never getting swarf or JK back.

I was upset that they said something along the lines of you still have JK for dev meats. JK runs the dev meats in his own time, when he is off duty. It's a sign of goodwill from JK, and has nothing to do with Gaia Interactive. They aren't compensating him for it, and shouldn't take credit for it either.

Instead of our experienced devs, we _might_ get a contractor to fix bugs relating to _DMS_.

In other words, they might make a little effort to patch up our paid for content, but it'll be a newbie who does it, soemone they'll have to train up first.

Whatever they are having swarf or pan do is obviously more important than their paying customer's satisfaction.

Oh and looks like non DMS bugs can go on the back burner.

Pan asked berry if the list of glitches had further documentation. WTH?! There are 50+ threads in the zomg bugs forum detailing them. Looks like they made that forum to look good and never checked it ever.

Unhappy customer is still unhappy, I'll wait to see how they deal with the BB ticket.

Edit: Oh and lanky's response to my requesting zOMG news be on an annoucement and ingame client was...

We'll take your suggestion into consideration.

It wasn't a suggestion! What kind of gaming company stops updates and deosn't make an announcement?! Just do it already! emotion_donotwant emotion_facepalm

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Starshine
I was dissapointed.

I was upset that they said something along the lines of you still have JK for dev meats. JK runs the dev meats in his own time, when he is off duty. It's a sign of goodwill from JK, and has nothing to do with Gaia Interactive. They aren't compensating him for it, and shouldn't take credit for it either.

Instead of our experienced devs, we _might_ get a contractor to fix bugs relating to _DMS_.

In other words, they might make a little effort to patch up our paid for content, but it'll be a newbie who does it, soemone they'll have to train up first.

Whatever they are having swarf or pan do is obviously more important than their paying customer's satisfaction.

Pan asked berry if the list of glitches had further documentation. WTH?! There are 50+ threads in the zomg bugs forum detailing them. Looks like they made that forum to look good and never checked it ever.

Unhappy customer is still unhappy, I'll wait to see how they deal with the BB ticket.

Edit: Oh and lanky's response to my requesting zOMG news be on an annoucement and ingame client was...

It wasn't a suggestion! What kind of gaming company stops updates and deosn't make an announcement?! Just do it already! emotion_donotwant emotion_facepalm

Aye that got to me as well. It's like they don't even look at the forums they're attempting to answer questions from. I had to say the list was compiled by pouring over pages of the bugs subforum, maybe that pointed him in the right direction. I can hope.

Invisible Citizen

It looks like they're trying harder to communicate with us better, which I can appreciate.

Still, what they're communicating is that we're basically screwed, and no matter what we do, the most we can hope for are some bug fixes and maybe, eventually, if they have time, some minor content updates like a new ring.

Tonight's ATA knocked most of the wind out of my sails. To say I'm disheartened would be an understatement.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I've just sat down & read through the 40-something pages of AtA, as I couldn't be there (and even if I could, I don't know if I could have kept up with it all...)

I'd give Gaia staff about 4.5/10. Better than last week's .1/10, but still plenty of room for improvement. Question answering seemed patchy at best (including other key questions, like about Memphis), but on the plus side, Lanzer didn't seem to be saying anything too derpy & stuck to talking about his cat, and there seemed to actually be some kind of PR policy in place. A bit too late, but it was there.

I feel like Gaia underestimates how much of a committed userbase they have for ZOMG- if the whole Amulets selling out in a week wasn't enough for them. The fact that we have effectively offered to go the extra mile for the game seems to have zoomed on by. There's also a lot of people who really like the game & don't lurk the forums so they don't know this stuff. I've told a few of my friends who are like 'Who's swarf?' then 'That's terrible!'.

The fact that most of the regular users of the site are on here for existing features, and would rather see those improved & updated rather than GaiBook seems to be clear to the community & not so much to the decision-makers. I think that the devs do a great job in general (aside from JK & Swarf, some of the others seem to be pretty keen about the site & the users), but there seems to be some kind of weird person in charge of Gaia Interactive's business plan....

I really hope that they can make some kind of dev notice to announce to the site that production on ZOMG is shelved, and hopefully that will prevent the huge firestorm that will otherwise spread through the community with misconceptions floating around right & centre.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Invisible Friend

Unproductive. As usual, common sense fell on deaf ears and some answers were more like non-answers (again, as usual).

Rogue

Starshine
I was dissapointed.

This. And I rate their respond as 2/10 for they slyly avoided major questions and provided vague answers

Rainbow Hunter

I can see why they would want to avoid giving rash answers to major questions, though. If you see what happened last week: some staff members saying things that weren't completely correct, resulting in the correction thread by Swarf, resulting in an outpour of rage and yet another set of updates to set the record straight... I can honestly see why they would have to let some questions sink in (or discuss them among themselves first) instead of answering right away.

If I were in their shoes, I would be careful not to improvise or to speak too soon without consulting each other, too... seeing what fall-out can come from doing just that.

We all ask them, time and time again, to work on their PR and to be clear, but that takes some consideration.

My impression is that the AtA is just too short and too fast-paced to get all answers straight. I would personally much prefer a well thought-out admin post the next day, than a chaotic amalgam of immediate, half-correct answers.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
I WAS AT DISNEYLAND
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I appreciated Biglanky's post, and Pan's interest in fixing bugs (even if I was appalled that he seemed to completely forget about the bugs subforum...), but other than that, I was grossly underwhelmed. I would have loved to see Swarf, or even another former dev there to answer our questions - I feel like Lanzer is neither capable of nor interested in addressing the concerns our community has. I didn't expect anything more from the AtA as they're never exactly fruitful bastions of forthcoming information disclosure, but I'm still disappointed.

Genius

Idiots answered nothing relating to zOMG, so many zOMG related questions asked, mostly all ignored. Tried to stay away from answering those questions. Its sad, we gave them various avenues to monetize and help build the game, they ignore all of them. How easy is it to boost traffic if they just add alchemy components in zOMG? That AtA was held longer than usual, but it was in the pretense of showing that they cared, when in fact they don't care about zOMG. I read that sh!tfest in pursuit of zOMG type questions getting answered, saw nothing, just the same old.

Today I just tried out three of their newer Facebook games, guess what they truly do suck. Just carbon copys of other games, with no soul and reliant on the same formula. There's nothing in those games that tells me I should continue playing them, nothing that is innovative. I certainly dont see those games as viable long the money makers, best of luck Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff