Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Pitcher

@title: See post 4

I'm working on a general map of DMS from the entrance to Kamila because it's the only dang corner of zOMG that hasn't been mapped yet (as far as I know). Unfortunately, there is no way to construct a perfect "map" of DMS because the instance randomly generates a unique maze every time a crew enters.

Besides the overall map, I'm also trying chart all of the different types of rooms that the mazes are comprised of; I'll be keeping track of them in this thread.
I really want to know exactly how many rooms are... ^^"

Who knows...someone might figure out a secret or two about how the mazes generate themselves.
Though I highly doubt it...methinks the random maze is random~

Notes:
--Beware of spoilers. There are no plot spoilers, but if you consider the picture of the final boss' form a "spoiler", then this map does have a "spoiler".
--The term "Yellow Rooms" is synonymous with the term "Yellow Maze" because the "maze" is made up of "rooms". Same applies to the Green Rooms/Green Maze.
--The Yellow Rooms/Green Rooms are NOT comprised of only that single room pictured in the overall map. Placing all 20somethin' rooms into this map would be impractical...D:

User Image

Perfect Pitcher

Yellow Rooms

There seem to be exactly 21 Yellow Rooms:
10 one-way rooms
9 two-way rooms
1 three-way room
1 dead end room

If you look closely, you can see that there' are three different room formats:
Double: Access a door to reach an upper platform. Werewolves cannot cross the platform.
Small: The smaller ones.
Large: The...larger ones? xD

Look at how they're grouped. They're the EXACT same rooms, right down to the floor tiles and the hardened drippings on the wall.

The only thing that differentiates them are the various cave accessories (pillars, stalactites, boulders, torches, etc.) that adorn the room and even cover the doors. Look at the dead end room: you can see all those doors blocked right?

Night Frights and Big Dogs seem to prefer to appear in the Double and Small rooms, though they've been sighted in the Large rooms.

User Image

User Image

Perfect Pitcher

Green Rooms
I've found 20 Green Rooms:
11 one-way rooms
8 two-way rooms
1 three-way room

No dead ends exist, unless you could prove that wrong with a screenie.

The same three types of room exist: Double, Small, and Large. They're almost exact alter egos of their YR cousins in terms of door positioning and basic design (minus the spooky green flames and differing pillars and whatnot).

Night Frights and Big Dogs can be found in ANY type of Green Room.

User Image

User Image

Perfect Pitcher

I'm looking for proof of the elusive dead end room in the Green Maze. I've done a run where we cleared the ENTIRE maze yet found no dead end. I also have mathematical proof that it cannot exist (ok...no actual math was involved, but I did try drawing all the possible rooms out and connecting all the dots). Despite all this, people still claim to have seen it...does it exist? Have you seen it before?

A screenie will bust this myth once and for all. For now, I'm classifying it as a "local myth".

Also, are there any good mathematical people out there who want to attempt the most challenging math problem in zOMG history? All you have to do is calculate how many possible mazes can be generated from the conditions given stated above. I have NO idea how to calculate that.

I bet the answer requires some scientific notation...maybe. >>

Any suggestions and feedback are appreciated. ^^

Perfect Pitcher

I'm not posting that fast...:c

*last reserve*

7,400 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
It's beautiful. emotion_kirakira

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
whats with the N/A part? could you not get a screenie?

Perfect Pitcher

fire monkey95
whats with the N/A part? could you not get a screenie?

Completely forgot to take it... "orz

The other three were just screenshots done for fun. I edited out all the conning marks and others using my handy dandy MS paint.

Aged Nerd

Excellent Shiny! I was hoping someone would make a thread with pics of the various rooms we encounter.
4laugh

I just wish they were a little bigger. whee
Old eyes are old. emo

Perfect Pitcher

beckygrendel
Excellent Shiny! I was hoping someone would make a thread with pics of the various rooms you encounter.
4laugh

Due to the constraints of my MS Paint (and my desire to keep everything proportional), the next largest size would be 4x that size: every screen would be as large as the Bloodlust screen. The page stretch would be horrendous...

I could upload that larger version and link it if you want, along with a warning: "this pic is HUGE". ^^

Aged Nerd

-Shiny_Tsukkomi-
beckygrendel
Excellent Shiny! I was hoping someone would make a thread with pics of the various rooms you encounter.
4laugh

Due to the constraints of my MS Paint (and my desire to keep everything proportional), the next largest size would be 4x that size: every screen would be as large as the Bloodlust screen. The page stretch would be horrendous...

I could upload that larger version and link it if you want, along with a warning: "this pic is HUGE". ^^

I think a link to a larger version would be helpful for a lot of people! heart

I'm completely baffled as to how to do anything with MS Paint. Your skills are enviable. mrgreen

I use a different graphics program, but it isn't installed on my zOMG computer. (yes, I use one computer for zOMG and another for everything else. lol ) It makes working with screenshots a little time consuming with having to mail stuff back and forth between them.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
Nice screencaps. I'm glad someone's finally gone around to doing it. 3nodding And lmao at the templates used. I did notice similarities in cave design but it's only when you place them together, they become so vivid.

There are many theories. The most current one being that although the caves are random, the maps are not. So for example in the first room, the first and second cave design follow each other in one particular instance. The theory states it will happen so every other time that first cave design appears in the first room. 3nodding

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
1-way room #5 actually has the potential to be a 2-way or even a 3-way (going up on the ledge, then far left)*

*has only happened to me once, and we never took it.
biggrin thanks XD never been in the green rooms

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Shiny, i dont think there is a dead end in the GRs.

the past 2 times we've cleared almost all of the GRs (save for one or two), the only ones that were left were loops.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff