Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm really excited about this so I made a quick-and-dirty annotation of the big map that Mavdoc posted.

Click on the below thumbnail to check out the big version. I created a rough outline for all the zones, marked locations of the current Null Crystals and also pointed out some new and existing features that are present on the map! biggrin heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
You mean maybe some unknown force may have chopped away the summit of that mountain? The PDA map signal is low up there...Oh, the possibilities for a plot expansion, too~

Huh. I totally forgot about the low signal thing. But still, perfectly round circle.
Maybe the True Believers believed in the use of dynamites and level ground before they all converted. xP
Mickey2146
Huh. I totally forgot about the low signal thing. But still, perfectly round circle.
Maybe the True Believers believed in the use of dynamites and level ground before they all converted. xP

That "round circle" is the Aqueduct overlook where the Aqueduct Null Crystal and the True Believers are all located.
Lobotryas
I'm really excited about this so I made a quick-and-dirty annotation of the big map that Mavdoc posted.

Click on the below thumbnail to check out the big version. I created a rough outline for all the zones, marked locations of the current Null Crystals and also pointed out some new and existing features that are present on the map! biggrin heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks ;D
Im not really seeing how DMP connects to "Durem" though... because right now, it looks connected.
Lobotryas
Mickey2146

That "round circle" is the Aqueduct overlook where the Aqueduct Null Crystal and the True Believers are all located.

Yea, I know. And I am saying that it is round and it is supposely cut straight from a mountain.
Mickey2146
Thanks ;D
Im not really seeing how DMP connects to "Durem" though... because right now, it looks connected.

DMP is absent from the map that Mavdoc posted. The detailed area you see in the lower-left is Bill's Ranch with Village Greens to its right and Zen Garden above it.
Lobotryas
Mickey2146
Thanks ;D

DMP is absent from the map that Mavdoc posted. The detailed area you see in the lower-left is Bill's Ranch with Village Greens to its right and Zen Garden above it.

Oh right... sweatdrop

Devout Lunatic

25,125 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
But as well, from Durem you may reach the Von Helson's Manor, not DMP itself.

Maybe.

I had noticed since long ago that images are not final and neither the map in World is exact to game's.

edit:
And about some things missing. The 3D map is not complete smile the lighthouse is missing, and the windmill. Objects. wink

There's still enough space for the main part of Durem yet smile
User Image User Image

Wow, just wow... Thank you for continuing to share these things with us!

Familiar Lunatic

If they keep this up, I'm going to...
I don't know ._O

Mavdoc and the Dev Team, thankyou! I've never been exposed to the creation process of such games. There's a form of "Mystic" behind all the finished things that surround us, a great unknown covering how it came to be and how it works. While I believe all have some amount of curiosity in regards to the subject, most don't care enough to even read the instructions. As long as it works.

It's not my case. I've always had this drive, this curiosity pushing me forward, taking things apart, reading countless texts, trying to figure out this story hidden behind all these things, phenomenon, or anything, especially those I'm interested in. Trying to figure out the greater picture, the whole system, so that I may finally truly comprehend. It's an impossible task. So much to learn. So many distractions. So little time.

And far too often I'm limited to an outsider's point of view, indirect information, some data lost with every link in the chain of communication, missing key elements, not allowing the level of comprehension I seek.

A glimpse of anything in any way closer to the source is worth Gold. And I'll never be able to repay you, or anybody else, even if I played Booty Grab with both hands every day until I died.

>.>

I love music.
It's all about tension and release.
I should stick to a simple: This is awesome!
‘cause it is.
I need a job.
Seriously.

@Lobotryas: thanks for the images.

Ruthless Businessman

I had seen Jk mention earlier that the objects were all rendered in 3d before being placed upon the maps but I had never quite imagined that the entire game field was. Seeing that rendition was quite impressive and has me excited and along with the recent... for lack of a better term let me call them 'zOMG in the making threads, has helped reignite my hope for this game and expansions to come. I almost feel spoiled with the sudden flood of information.

Might I request one thing, these threads are a little difficult to find after the thread has died down and users arent posting as much. Is there anyway to perhaps have a temporary announcement to stick them at the top of the forum so that all the gaians can see these amazing things that you are all showing more easily. Or perhaps move them to the achieves? I, and Im sure others, would like to be able to come back and look at these images and sound effects later on. Especially when the finished product (such as the arena) come into play so that i can compare the before and after images.

Familiar Lunatic

Patrick Jiuliani
[...]
Might I request one thing, these threads are a little difficult to find after the thread has died down and users arent posting as much. Is there anyway to perhaps have a temporary announcement to stick them at the top of the forum so that all the gaians can see these amazing things that you are all showing more easily. Or perhaps move them to the achieves? I, and Im sure others, would like to be able to come back and look at these images and sound effects later on. Especially when the finished product (such as the arena) come into play so that i can compare the before and after images.
I thought about this and, if the Devs don't create such an archive or anything, some users should maintain a thread linking to each and featuring broader discussion on the subject, or something related, to avoid it turning into a "Hangout" thread and keep it visible, or something.

Ruthless Businessman

Even if they were just moved over to the achieve that they have for the updates and stickied so they stayed at the top it would work. That way they could easily be found and linked to. Or since it looks as if they are going to be releasing a lot of these perhaps the threads could be linked to in that "learn about zomg' section when you look at the games. Sort of a... developers note book sort of thing

We may want to make a thread asking for this Gataka so we dont clutter up this one.
Amazing!
We can now see how complicated it is to develop this game, much props for you guys biggrin .

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Okay, SQUEE!

I have been wanting to see a map like that for ages... Seeing the zOMG world from a bird's eye view adds something huge to my understanding and appreciation of the beautiful, complex design smile

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff