Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus
Valheita
Really? I was under the impression you get heaps of duplicates right through the game, hence the flood of "Y CAN'T I UNSOULBOUND"

But sure. *shrugs*

Ah but eating the rings would give you orbs to level up faster. Besides, those who are making those threads tend to be people looking for a quick buck when there isn't one and then making threads about how the game is too hard...
*shrugs*

I don't see the issue myself. It just means that TCL will be more meaningful (since salvaging is less common) and that there'll be less problems with spare rings lying around should a certain journal post go through.

Did I mention you'd still be able to use orbs to level up your rings to in turn level up the Ghi? I figured it could be the C.L. of the ring that counts. :3

But anyway. Guess you don't like it.

Ring salvaging doesn't go towards your TCL. Just fyi. wink

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
DeathWyrmNexus

Yeah, I know. Hence why it's more meaningful.

Right now, you can't tell if I get more ring drops than I do orbs, or whether I've bought a lot of rings.

If most orbs used to level come from sources that count, then TCL becomes a valid indicator of comparative progress.

Not that it makes any sense anyway.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

Yeah, I know. Hence why it's more meaningful.

Right now, you can't tell if I get more ring drops than I do orbs, or whether I've bought a lot of rings.

If most orbs used to level come from sources that count, then TCL becomes a valid indicator of comparative progress.

Not that it makes any sense anyway.

Eh, I was never intending to make TCL worth anything. I don't believe a stat will ever be an indicator nor should it be. Then again, I always railed against being a function of a number. xd

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus

Eh, I was never intending to make TCL worth anything. I don't believe a stat will ever be an indicator nor should it be. Then again, I always railed against being a function of a number. xd
And yet you were so annoyed when I suggested that the number was fundamentally meaningless and could be reset at the start of each chapter xd

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

And yet you were so annoyed when I suggested that the number was fundamentally meaningless and could be reset at the start of each chapter xd

I call bullshit. I was annoyed that what I had earned with meaning would be reset. I don't care about my TCL. I care about my CL and moving forward.

So if you are going to rib me, at least be accurate. talk2hand

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

I call bullshit. I was annoyed that what I had earned with meaning would be reset. I don't care about my TCL. I care about my CL and moving forward.

But your C.L is still just a number, is it not? =P

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

But your C.L is still just a number, is it not? =P

Not really since CL actually has a function in the game, unlike TCL. TCL is basically a number that people try to pawn off as an indication of skill. Losing CL is basically losing time and effort invested for power within the game.

TCL is a useless number. CL is an earned function in the game. Learn the difference Val... rolleyes
DeathWyrmNexus

It takes a resource that is already abundant and soulbound and gives you more to do with them instead of having to create yet another soulbound and abundant resource simply for the sake of using this Ghi system.

And actually you can use the basic cost of leveling up a ring to level up Ghi. The point is that one is equipable and one is actually passive and constantly in use, special abilities aside. It is a bridge between rings and Ghi, using the same currency is the most intuitive way since orbs are the basic source of your power. It continues to be the source of your power and thus removes the need to code another power source on top of a new leveling system.

Why make a redundant currency when you already have an abundant and easily obtained one in hand? Why not simply use what works perfectly already and just allow the player more freedom and choice with it?

I don't see the point of a redundant currency.

They will either be much less efficient then rings = a trap, or too cheap to sustain Ghi for a meaningful amount of time.

I guess at this point I'm repeating myself. It comes down to this question: How can Ghi be cheap enough that it isn't stupid to put orbs in before CL 10* and not be immediately filled up?

What specific numbers would you charge? (Because it's easy to say that there is a magic number without naming it.) When you name it consider that you are in direct competition (as far as efficientcy goes) with Fitness.

What is you don't want to wear fitness? Well then you're wearing a more efficient ring in it's place. So fitness can be used as a 'fitness function'* for comparison.

The result is that you can accumulate Ghi at around the rate that you charge your Fitness ring. Now Ghi takes longer, because it buffs more then fitness.

What if you pick a number so that Fitness is cheaper? The farther you go away from a parity of efficiency, the more of a trap it becomes. As soon as you are below parity, it is illogical to put orbs into it until you hit CL 10.

Why not avoid the problem and use some separate counter? What is the downside?

Also, while we're taking about Ghi, how about more frequent, smaller level ups? The final ones take so long, it might be nice to be able to notice the difference of the meter after a weekend of play.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Fitness takes 450 to complete. Let's just go with 450 per stat to max. Per Stat. It isn't going to compete with Fitness since Fitness exists to occupy a ring slot for a subtle but useful overall boost.

That isn't competing. It is a way to gain a constant boost and then if you want more, you equip Fitness. Creating another currency means reconfiguring the loot ratios or figuring out what other means you could get the currency. That is the downside, unnecessary coding where we already have a currency available and usable.

It also isn't an endgame feature either. If you aren't getting the rings you want to drop, you can boost Luck. If you aren't getting enough defense, boost health or alternatively, there could be a defense special ability/perk. If you keep missing but don't want to grab Keen Aye, boost accuracy.

It gives control. It is about updating the Ghi system. It isn't there to fight with the rings no more than the current Ghi system fights with it. It simply gives you control over your growth. Orbs aren't hard to get and the abilities wouldn't be a trap. It isn't a trap to put orbs into a stat you can always count on. You can always get more orbs. If anything, rings are a trap early in the game, hence why they came up with a swap feature so you can try out different rings with the orbs you have invested.

At this point you are just repeating yourself and I am also seeing you not realize the scope of what I am saying if you think that Fitness would be outshone by the system, especially considering the cost. neutral

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
DeathWyrmNexus

Not really since CL actually has a function in the game, unlike TCL. TCL is basically a number that people try to pawn off as an indication of skill. Losing CL is basically losing time and effort invested for power within the game.

TCL is a useless number. CL is an earned function in the game. Learn the difference Val... rolleyes
Good lord not this debate again. Didn't I already explain to you how C.L. is pretty much irrelvant for current zOMG!?

At best, C.L. is an indicator of which level you should play in. That's... pretty much it. It's about as useful as an indicator of how much someone plays. >.>;

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
DeathWyrmNexus

Good lord not this debate again. Didn't I already explain to you how C.L. is pretty much irrelvant for current zOMG!?

At best, C.L. is an indicator of which level you should play in. That's... pretty much it. It's about as useful as an indicator of how much someone plays. >.>;

If it was irrelevant, there would be restriction on it, now would there? There wouldn't be a suppression argument. There wouldn't be an issue with boss instances. Hell, it wouldn't be a function of the game that you have to focus on. There wouldn't be orb spills or orb drops.

So yes, Good Lord, not you panhandling this highhanded crap at me again. rolleyes

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Any other thoughts?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
So none, eh?

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I can see how this would be useful, but if it stacked with Fitness, and it never went down due to loss of G-hi, the game would simply be delayed even further from getting out of Beta form due to all the adjustments they would need to make to enemies to keep things balanced and challenging.

Also, do not forget that the zOMG! team made it so that a quick stop to Barton Town completely fills your G-hi bar in a MUCH shorter time than just hanging with a massive group, so if G-hi is truly a huge issue before a battle, a Barton trip solves it already.

I'm not saying your idea isn't a nice one to consider, but at this point I don't see the absolute NEED for said update........

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
There isn't a need, I am not saying it is problem, at least not in the sense of OMG LIFE WILL EXPLODE IN FIRE type of problem.

Here is the thing, eventually, people like myself who strive for their improvement and want their high stats get fidgety when their stats start bleeding off with only a couple of annoying solutions at hand.

Either crew up with idiots and strangers or... Go through no less than three (six round trip) loading screens to get back to Barton anywhere besides the Village Greens which would only be one loading screen.

Personally I like the control aspect of my idea. It favors nobody, nobody at all. Everybody from crews to soloers get equal treatment. You either get luck from rings or put it in the stat. If you want to raise your dodge before willpower, you can.

It meshes as the idea of base stats plus ring stats and nobody is left out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff